As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Alternative Vote Method [Phalla]: Day 5 I Approval vote this Message

• Options
    CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    Do we have more than one vote today? I didn't see anything that said we do.

Nevermind, I thought about it and I'm a dummy.

But how many votes should we be making? If I remember, the video looked like it had three. Is it mandatory to make multiple votes on unique players?

Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    The more people you vote on the better chance your vote will matter. If you vote for only three people and all three end up having low voting numbers, then your vote will not count for anyone.

If you only vote for one person then your likely throwing away your vote. In this case your first place vote can be someone YOU suspect but do not think others will agree with, while your later ones can be people you also suspect but are likely to already be getting a lot of votes.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    I'
    daniant wrote:
    I saved Shiny from not getting voted out. Tasty got confirmation from Spoit to make sure that his vote would work so that Shiny would not be voted out. They were also trying to swing it so that anomalous would be voted out instead of Shiny.

ACTUALLY, Tasty knew Shiny was mafia because that is what the note under her avatar told him. I was right in not believing any of her lies. Unfortunately, the note on Bedlam was wrong. :( And Citizen... :(:(

But if my sheet was right, my split should have killed anom, shiny and warban at 14 votes each. anom because everybody wanted him dead, shiny because she was evil, and warban because status quo wanted him dead too. Dani is all MIND GAMES NOT ME, Bedlam I couldn't trust and Cayrus was just there. Only shenanigans could save any one of those people, and/or kill one of the other people, so I moved to tie them or get them very close. It'd also give a good idea of who would try to save who, because I know nothing of your voting patterns and none of you people make any sense to me.

It doesn't help that Dani saved anon but apparently she didn't mean to or that's what she wants us to think.

Yeah, this would be cool. Except I then said this:
    daniant wrote:
    Okay, so I have misunderstood how the tie thing works. Ignore everything I've posted today.

Because I fully believe that I'm a fool. And that I didn't understand the voting system, twice. Which is why you're not on my final list of mafias. Because I proved that you moved anomalous up to the top spot.

I admitted that I fucked up. Read my final vote post. And stop voting for me, I'm a dumb goosey villager.

• Options
    Reports of me being good at phalla have been greatly exaggerated. ;)

• Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    !Retract Shiny Votes
      1.Romanqwerty
      2.Anomalous Vandal
      3.Daniant
      4.Corvidae
      5.Cythraul

• Options
      SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
      The more people you vote on the better chance your vote will matter. If you vote for only three people and all three end up having low voting numbers, then your vote will not count for anyone.

If you only vote for one person then your likely throwing away your vote. In this case your first place vote can be someone YOU suspect but do not think others will agree with, while your later ones can be people you also suspect but are likely to already be getting a lot of votes.

Pretty much this

steam_sig.png
    • Options
      edited November 2011
      Am I reading this right? It looks like the deaths would anomalousvandal, Cythraul, daniant if the day ended right now?

Cythraul seems to be the only one I agree with. Granted it's hard because both anomalousvandal and daniant avoided getting voted out last night. But at the same time, they voted for Shiny New Toys who was so very close to being safe. Are we just thinking that it was a trick? seems unlikely, but I would like to hear better reasoning.

CaptainPlanet82 on
      Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
    • Options
      I haven't done the vote count yet, but I'd probably give a clarification denied either way. You can ask about specific mechanics of the vote, but figuring it out is half the point of the game

steam_sig.png
    • Options
      romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
      Am I reading this right? It looks like the deaths would anomalousvandal, Cythraul, daniant if the day ended right now?

Cythraul seems to be the only one I agree with. Granted it's hard because both anomalousvandal and daniant avoided getting voted out last night. But at the same time, they voted for Shiny New Toys who was so very close to being safe. Are we just thinking that it was a trick? seems unlikely, but I would like to hear better reasoning.

It was absolutely just a trick... Stop validating my pick for you as mafia...

There's a easy way to find out if a vote is a good indicator of alignment...Voting to put someone into the top three..good indication...Voting for someone when they are already cemented into that top 3 spot...Bad indication...

• Options
      2 hours left, and I'm not seeing votes from @Alegis, @segatai, @tastydonuts, @void slayer, and @tmoiy (who will be innactivused if he misses it)

steam_sig.png
    • Options
      AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
      daniant wrote:
      Alright, vote analysis ho!

Day 3:
      People who voted for warban and/or cayrus: anomalous, me, cythraul, erich zahn, romanqwerty, feckless, segatai, alegis, captainplanet

People who did not vote for Shiny: cythraul, corvidae, erich zahn, romanqwerty, feckless, alegis, captainplanet, the anonymous, void slayer

The overlap of those two lists: cythraul, erich zahn, romanqwerty, feckless, captainplanet

And of these, who did not vote for kime Day 1?

cythraul, romanqwerty, feckless, captainplanet.

Since romanqwerty is being moderately active and such, I'll leave him off for now.

You forgot me

how could you forget me

• Options
      alright alright i'll vote let me grab a beer first and watch that yt clip

• Options
      CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
      See, using that thought process I've been voting hard and early and shouldn't be voted for so damn much. I don't hop on bandwagons (at least not this phalla :P). My guesses being wrong doesn't make me mafia, and I wish people would stop thinking OMG YOU VOTED OUT A VILLAGER YOU MUST BE EEEEVIL. That's a pretty weak mentality, considering we have nothing but vote patterns to analyze. That's right, patterns not history. People causing shenanigans, people trying to squeak by with these evenly spread votes, etc. are the ones I find suspicious. All of our votes are in the dark, we have no specials to rely on for networking, we can only hope for the best with our picks.

My advice, vote clearly and strongly (when the vote method allows of course).

Anyway, when I die green go back and look at how people are voting and who voted me out (that's right village, enjoy getting voted out for voting for ME and see how YOU like it! muahahahaha).

Steam
      Confusion will be my epitaph
    • Options
      SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
      Will vote as well, might take me a minute, I'm not one for spreadsheets and what not-feel like old school ways of picking out mafia based on odd voting logic seem out of place this game or just to hard for me to process

PSN SeGaTai
    • Options
      why am I finding myself in agreement with T_A AGAIN
      Actually:
      1. anomalousvandal
      2. CaptainPlanet82
      3. daniant
      I'm watching you.
      1. anomalousvandal
      2. CaptainPlanet82
      3. daniant

get out of my mind, T_A, I'm the one supposed to vote for you!

• Options
      Hold on i didnt catch that they were avid shiny new toy voters. I'm reconsidering my vote.

• Options
      I said hold on

no hold on some more

yes that's better

Also I'm pretty sure I voted shiny new toys myself, because I distinctively remember being annoyed by the staring cat, though it may have been day 1

• Options
      tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
      I guess we make five. This should be interesting.

captainplanet
      cythraul
      Erich Zahn
      Void Slayer
      anomalousvandal

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    • Options
      SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
      1. Daniant
      2. anomalousvandal
      3. Cythraul

PSN SeGaTai
    • Options
      daniant wrote:
      I admitted that I fucked up. Read my final vote post. And stop voting for me, I'm a dumb goosey villager.

doesn't matter. And now me being goosey and me thinking that same think is also making me get smashed. Always goes this way. Game finally starts but it is on a thurs or fri before I have things going on. I miss out on most the weekend, then get voted out when I finally waste time getting caught up.

• Options
      anomalousvandalanomalousvandal Registered User regular
      Is there a day 4 spreadsheet yet?

You can take letters off my username, but you cannot take my FREEDOM!!
    • Options
      anomalousvandalanomalousvandal Registered User regular
      edited November 2011
      The full list:

Romanqwerty
      Daniant
      Corvidae
      The Anonymous

Corvidae and I are pals.

anomalousvandal on
      You can take letters off my username, but you cannot take my FREEDOM!!
    • Options

1. FecklessRogue
        2. Cythraul
        3. daniant
        4. anomalousvandal
        5. The Anonymous
        6. Romanqwerty

...might as well just get all the top choices on your list.

1. Options
        Day over. I'm still ironing out the vote system, but I have the results if people want them before they can start voting.

steam_sig.png
      2. Options
        I died green. Don't let the mafia fool you with a "you voted for daniant you must be teh mafiaz."

3. Options
        edited November 2011
        Day 5: Approval Voting

Each person has a list of all remaining 8 players. They either vote in lime-greenish for not eliminating them, or red for killing them. You have to have a vote either way for every single person.

I will go down the list, eliminating those with the most votes until I reach the number where at least 3 people die. Unlike other days, ties are possible.

There are 2 mafia left. Today is the last day
        • Corvidae
        • Romanqwerty
        • Alegis
        • Tastydonuts
        • Fecklessrogue
        • Erich Zahn
        • Cythraul
        • SeGaTai

The Dead:
        Anomalousvandal
        Daniant
        CaptainPlanet82

Void Slayer
        The anonymous

Tmoiy :x

Spoit on
        steam_sig.png
      4. Options
        oOoOoOoOo
        Sometimes, when a player says they're dumb, they're just dumb...
        oOoOoOoOo

5. Options
        tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
        edited November 2011
        While it does nothing at all to save Daniant, I think Captain may have been mis-killed?

but since we know he's a villager now it makes it equally moot.

edit: nevermind~

tastydonuts on
        “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
      6. Options
        The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
        oooooooooOOOOOOOOOoooooooo

Seems I'm not as popular as I thought.

oooooooooOOOOOOOOOoooooooo

7. Options
        In retrospect, that system is probably too horrendously complex, and since there's not bad impossible odds of this being the final day, I'm going to switch it to one of the other systems that I really wanted to do: Approval voting. The narration post will be changed momentarily

steam_sig.png
      8. Options
        corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
        Sooooo.... The list thing is correct now? Voting yea or nay for everybody then?

9. Options
        yes

steam_sig.png
      10. Options
        Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
        He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
      11. Options
        CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
        I'm tempted to vote everyone red. Except Corvidae, who I truly believe to be village.

If you're mafia, I salute you.

Steam
        Confusion will be my epitaph
      12. Options
        Cythraul wrote:
        I'm tempted to vote everyone red. Except Corvidae, who I truly believe to be village.

I was also gonna do this.

13. Options
        Except for the saluting mafia thing.

14. Options
        If I'm not mistaken it seemed like anomalous had a lot of votes on him from the start, so if there were rescue attempts they might have been on mafiosi in danger of getting in place of #4. Anyways, we'll have to look at this in detail

which for me will be in abouttttt 11 hours when I get back from work.

15. Options
        btw I think this vote system would be really cool in large games where you get a limited amount of red votes but also a limited amount of green votes which work as -1 or tie breakers (perhaps limited to one vote a person)

16. Options
        corvidae wrote:
        Cythraul wrote:

I was also gonna do this.

I'm just going to point out that a host victory isn't a village victory. Not that I'm opposed to a host victory :twisted:

steam_sig.png
      17. Options
        romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular

cythraul
        segatai
        fecklessrogue

all have dodgy as shit voting records so they can die...

I'm undecided about the others so far..I need to do some more research and thinking.