As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Skyrim: Nothing is so cute I can't brutally murder it.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    The final Gauldur fight was intense

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Artreus wrote:
    I love hunting in this game. Sure, with heavy armor sometimes it can be a pain if I miss with the bow and I have to chase after a deer, but I also think it can be pretty cool sometimes.

Me too, except I end up chasing a deer for two miles shooting lightning bolts at it like a madman.

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Okay I am gonna spoiler these shots of my guy because they show later armor?
    RqOMq.jpg

FHUim.jpg

God this game is gorgeous

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    But yeah some of the daedric artifacts are not the best ever? I think I am going to ditch this shield I have in favor of an ebony or daedric shield of my own design.

Ebony armor just looks so fucking cool.

So does steel plate, by the way.

I really, really love the incredibly wide variety of armor types they threw in here. Seriously, consolidating the armor a bit was a fantastic move. Though I do have to say, I kind of miss being able to make a patch-work guy with different gauntlets and pauldrons and whatnot.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    You can basically run forever with the perks that make heavy armor not wear you down, respite which restores stamina when you use a healing spell, and using a healing spell before when you run out of stamina. My stamina is still at 100 and with those things combined I can run probably well more than a mile in a minute.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    Artreus wrote:
    God this game is gorgeous

The quest for Azura's Star, the lighting effects in that whole dungeon, especially the last room, spectacular. I still can't figure out how this game has that level of graphics, that much voice acting etc and is less than 10 gigs, yet the Old Republic is 40...

• Options
    Artreus wrote:
    But yeah some of the daedric artifacts are not the best ever? I think I am going to ditch this shield I have in favor of an ebony or daedric shield of my own design.

Ebony armor just looks so fucking cool.

So does steel plate, by the way.

I really, really love the incredibly wide variety of armor types they threw in here. Seriously, consolidating the armor a bit was a fantastic move. Though I do have to say, I kind of miss being able to make a patch-work guy with different gauntlets and pauldrons and whatnot.

Ebony does look cool as hell.

But it ain't got nothing on Daedric.

That shit is awesome.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Artreus wrote:

I think their power is based on the level you got them, which kinda sucks.

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Daedric does look a whole lot better than it used to, but man I have always loved the hell out of ebony.

I like some of the bits and pieces of daedric, like I got that helmet, and it looks rad.

Basically I'm having trouble coming up with daedra hearts. Was a little sad to find out you can't get anything (or souls) off of daedra you summon, but it makes sense.

I do not know how much I like the other daedra stuff. One of the cooler armors in the game. But is it too spiky?

I really do not like how dragon plate looks though. Scale is a bit better. I do not really know how they could have made it look better though. It almost would have been a waste of a perk to me if it werent for the fact that I can sell the chest piece for a little under 2000 gold if I can find somebody who has the coin.

I need to check out the other cities and see if there are merchants who got that cash dollar bills.

• Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Zay wrote:
    Artreus wrote:

Nope. They're static. Still kind of disappointing really.

Dux on
  • Options
    Zay wrote:
    Artreus wrote:

Hrm, also the shield I have right now is .. well I guess I will spoiler it
    a shield I got from a daedric quest.. I was excited for it at first, it puts up a ward when you block, but only for 50 points and it seems like I get hit WAY harder than that pretty often, so it has just been kind of a hinderance. And it is supposed to be a dwemer shield but I can't improve it past exquisite for some reason.

• Options
    Dux wrote:
    Zay wrote:
    Artreus wrote:

Nope. They're static. Kind of disappointing really.

I mean I am not too disappointed because I am glad that they are not quite as game breaking as they used to be.

• Options
    Dux wrote:
    Zay wrote:
    Artreus wrote:

Nope. They're static. Still kind of disappointing really.

Oh, this is good to know.

The fact that doing Daedric quests at certain levels in Oblivion meaning you get something awesome or something shit was really disappointing.

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Am I being an idiot in wearing robes while being a magic man?

Being a very fragile person is not a wise thing in this game, it seems.

• Options
    ooh

a slower leveling mod

I might could use that

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Artreus wrote:
    Dux wrote:
    Zay wrote:
    Artreus wrote:

Nope. They're static. Kind of disappointing really.

I mean I am not too disappointed because I am glad that they are not quite as game breaking as they used to be.
    Well yeah, but I think it's just kind of weird that the daedric artifacts aren't at the very least as powerful as the ebony weapons you can make. It just feels kind of shitty because they look all kinds of awesome, but not long after you get one chances are good you'll find a normal piece of gear that's better and replace it. Like, when I got Volendrung, which is an awesome looking warhammer, I was stoked, but then found that it was actually weaker than my ebony greatsword, so now it just serves as a neat piece of wall decorating.

Dux on
  • Options
    So I'm using the Arcane Enchanter and Aela(my companion) is standing next to me moaning

It sounds, uhm, inappropriate

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    The one thing I don't like about my dual dagger stealth guy is how he starts going mental while stabbing people.

I'll sneak up and dual dagger power attack someone and my dude is like ARRRGHHH AHHHHHH RRRRARAAAAA.

And the other bandit standing two metres away doesn't even notice.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Fuck you, Pale Lady

• Options
    Dys wrote:
    Am I being an idiot in wearing robes while being a magic man?

Being a very fragile person is not a wise thing in this game, it seems.

You can use wards and whatnot. And robes can provide some crazy awesome mana regen, when stacked with a ring and amulet and circlet, shit is nuts.

Also perks. Never ending font of doom.

For some reason destruction magic feels kind of small to me with just the 3 different types of damage, and the same variations within those 3.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    How the hell am I ever supposed to finish the story when there is SO MUCH AWESOME SHIT BETWEEN LOCATIONS?!?

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    The divine artifacts in oblivion were also underwhelming. I think they do that on purpose.

Pc owners rejoice, someone will make them awesome.

• Options
    This game so does not need mods.

It is so great already.

I wonder what the good mods will be.

I think I just have a bad taste in my mouth from spending 9-10 hours modding morrowind and oblivion this year and then playing them for less than an hour each.

• Options
    ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    I'm so close to getting the disintegration perk for shock magic

soon, all will see the true meaning of power

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    How can you tell how much damage your Bound Sword does?

• Options
    gazamcgazamc Registered User regular
    Daedric armour is the bees bollocks. I need to make a lot more. Spendy on the ebony though.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Janson wrote:
    How do you all decide how to play

I really like my fire

But man, all of this discussion is making me want to be all sneaky

I keep making new characters! I can't stop myself D:

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Stealing is the BEST

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I know I'm gonna download the most tasteless house mod I can find.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    just to clarify

enemies do not level with you right

• Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote:
    I know I'm gonna download the most tasteless house mod I can find.

Giant mansion full of donged mannequins?

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    Man I have not even specialized my one handed damage into blade, war axe or mace because I can't decide between war axe or blade.

• Options
    DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    THESE DAMN BEARS ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY

YOU EVER SEE WHAT A BEAR DOES TO A TREE?

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote:
    just to clarify

Some do I believe.

Not many, though.

I just had to turn the difficulty up to master because at level 35 with my skills, weapons, and armor, I am destroying everything.

Now I am off to max out my enchanting.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    PiptheFair wrote:
    just to clarify

The enemy leveling works like the Fallout games.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Also uh. I am probably missing something really basic.

My house is empty and I would like it to be not empty

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Man I love how random dungeons can turn into the most awesome shit

Trudged through undead catacombs, beat up a motherfucking undead skeleton king sitting on his giant throne, then beat up a lich on top of a mountain, which taught me how to breathe fire.

Also got an awesome mask that lets me carry 20 more pounds, breathe underwater and get 20% better prices from merchants.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    OOOOOH SHIT! (mage's guild sidequest spoiler)
    I just got the damned Keening from Morrowind! :D

I don't know how they pried it from my Nerevarine though. I used that thing almost exclusively for many dozens of hours.

• Options
    Macro9 wrote:
    PiptheFair wrote:
    just to clarify

Some do I believe.

Not many, though.

I just had to turn the difficulty up to master because at level 35 with my skills, weapons, and armor, I am destroying everything.

Now I am off to max out my enchanting.

Yeah my guy ended up being really similar to yours.

Every once in a while I stop and think ".. maybe I am becoming a bit overpowered and I should stop"

Then I go and make 50 iron daggers and enchant them with fire damage so I can sell them to buy more ore and soul gems.

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote:
    just to clarify

If it's like Fallout 3 (and I think it is) areas have a certain level range that gets frozen the first time you visit. Like say an area is 15-20. You visit it at level 5 so now it's frozen at 15. It will stay at 15 for whenever you come back but in the meantime you're gonna get your ass kicked.

This discussion has been closed.