As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chaos] CitOW Game 58 --- Creepy Death Takes it for Nurgle! Savant Wins!

12345679»

• Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    Miss in Troll Country.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Round 4 Old World Phase

Old World Resists:
    Witchhunters: Heroes remove a corruption from the Highest Threat.
    Trollslayers: Lowest Threat may place an additional hero token somewhere there is already a Hero.

game58state42.png

Effects:
    Estalia is hosting a Skulltaker convention, kills of non-K figures count towards K's domination.
    The Border Princes have death creeping up, again. They should get that looked at.
    The Border Princes now have a Choking Stench (-2 battle dice for not-N.) Told ya they should have gotten that looked at.
    Troll Country is...uh, I don't get how glean makes it adjacent to all regions. It does though.
    Estalia is experiencing Havok. Yea yea yea.

Totals:

Round 4 Old World Phase

Norsca: 3 dice 1 dead rat
    Troll Country: 1 die
    Bretonnia: 3 dice, dead rat and leper 2 dice dead bloodletter 1 die
    Estalia: Havok'd
    Tilea: 3 dice
    The Border Princes: 1 die 1 die

Be very careful about region/power order here since this will likely decide things.

Rat is up.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    TomeWyrmTomeWyrm A Limited Liability Partnership Registered User regular
    Two hits in Bretonnia, and I take home the heads of a Leper and a Clan Rat.

• Options
    1 hit, kill the Bloodletter.

• Options
    Updated the previous post.

• Options
    I'll go ahead and roll for Tilea since it won't have any real impact on anyone else's decisions.

One hit in Tilea, leaving my bloodletter all alone.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    A ha ha. Frozen games got confused in my head.

@pesky @pesky @pesky.

I don't have a clever response for that one.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    Magic GeekMagic Geek Registered User regular
    so, who won?

• Options
    NoughtNought Registered User regular
    Magic Geek wrote:
    so, who won?

I'm pretty sure no one this round. Since Skaven gets 2nd in ruination in Estalia I end up at 49 points and Nurgle end on 48.

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    @Pesky hasn't logged in since the 17th. We should probably start talking about how we would like to handle this.

I can move this region's combat forward by rolling for him since no choices are involved but we'll run into this same thing in Estalia.

Thoughts of the players?

• Options
    @Pesky hasn't logged in since the 17th. We should probably start talking about how we would like to handle this.

I can move this region's combat forward by rolling for him since no choices are involved but we'll run into this same thing in Estalia.

Thoughts of the players?

The only combat dice left are his in Bretonnia and mine in the Border Princes.

Since the order doesn't matter for my roll in BP, here it is: miss.

• Options
    Ugh, you're right. All those giant figures distracted me in Estalia.

• Options
    Roll for pesky, hitting and killing one Plaguebearer.

I am now leaving for work and won't be able to update any further until much later this evening. There is lots of stuff going on and I can't do it in a hurry.

I figured I'd do this to give you guys time to figure out your various plotting.

• Options
    peskypesky Registered User regular
    Heya fellas. Yeah sorry about that. Was out of town and thought i would have net access. Thanks for rolling onmy behalf. At least blue cant blame me now for letting gramps win. :P

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Round 4 Battle Phase

Old World Resists:
    Trollslayers: Lowest Threat may place an additional hero token somewhere there is already a Hero.

Effects:
    Estalia is hosting a Skulltaker convention, kills of non-K figures count towards K's domination.
    The Border Princes have death creeping up, again. They should get that looked at.
    The Border Princes now have a Choking Stench (-2 battle dice for not-N.) Told ya they should have gotten that looked at.
    Troll Country is...uh, I don't get how glean makes it adjacent to all regions. It does though.

Totals:

Norsca: 3 dice 1 dead rat DAC
    Troll Country: 1 die
    Bretonnia: 3 dice, dead rat and leper DAC 2 dice dead bloodletter 1 die dead plaguebearer,+1 corruption
    Estalia: Havok'd +1, +1, +2 corruption.
    Tilea: 3 dice dead leper DAC
    The Border Princes: 1 die 1 die

End of Battle Board:
    game58state43.png

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    Round 4 Battle Phase

Old World Resists:

Effects:

Totals:

Round 4, Corruption Phase, Domination Step!
    Norsca - +1 VP DAC
    Troll Country - +1 VP
    Estalia - +9(!) VP
    The Border Princes - +1 VP CREEPING DEATH! +1 corruption in Bretonnia (DAC?) and Badlands.

VP Totals:

Round 4, Corruption Phase, Corruption Step!
    Troll Country: +2
    Bretonnia: RUINED! +5 VP, +5 VP.
    Estalia: +6 DAC, +6 DAC, RUINED! +5 VP to everyone. We're SHARING!
    The Border Princes: +1
    The Badlands: +1

VP Totals:

Round 4, End Phase!

1. Chaos Cards go away.
    2. Heroes! Troll Country kills a Plaguebearer, The Empire kills two lepers, Bretonnia kills a Plaguebearer. Geez this look bad for Nurgle!
    3. Heroes try and clean up all the filfth, in Troll Country, The Empire and Bretonnia. This is weird but I don't see any way of this changing the results so I'm not obsessing about it.
    4. Nurgle gets 10 points for first place in ruining Bretonnia, Slaanesh gets 11 for first place in Estalia, the Horned Rat gets 5 and 5 for being second in each.
    5. Advance Threat Dials - Khorne ticks twice, everybody else once. +4 VP for Khorne, upgrade cards for others.
    6. Game End? Not enough ticks, two players over 50 and five regions have been ruined. Game Ends!

Final VP Totals:

game58state44.png

NURGLE HAS CORRUPTED THE OLD WORLD!

• Options
    Looks like nobody was right about how it would play out. T would have won if that plaguebearer hadn't died, he missed the 3 extra vp from the Keeper of Secrets being nobles.

I'm not positive if Nurgle should have gotten a DAC in Bretonnia, the corruption spanned two different steps. It has no impact on the game. Also, Bretonnia only had 11 corruption when the scoring time came up which gave me pause but I don't think matters. It's already ruined and thus done with.

Sorry this last update took me a couple days to get to. I spent most of yesterday traveling and fuming at college professors.

• Options
    Hurray, creeping death for MVP. And yeah, Tzeentch would have won without that ruination in Bretonnia there. I had Nurgle's quest and was thinking of pulling some craziness with it next turn if the game was going to keep going. Oh, and I think I didn't dial tick at the end there, since they were in separate phases.

• Options
    Dang. Forgot the Plaguebearer upgrade, but then I also forgot the Keeper was three nobles.

I thought about moving two Nurgle corruptions from Bretonnia instead of Havoking. Would have taken the game to one more turn. Might have had a small chance of winning then.

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    Well remember that had that plaguebearer not been hit you would have won because of the extra points out of Estalia. It's not exactly 50/50 because of the previous dice rolls giving the Rat only one target but I don't think pushing on to another turn would have offered you better odds. You probably got your money into the best pot you could IMO.

• Options
    Just realised I forgot to contratulate on the victory :)

So, congrats Savant. You got a good momentum going early game in convincing people I was far ahead and taking some heat off of you :)

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    Congrats Savant!

• Options
    Magic GeekMagic Geek Registered User regular
    Congrats Nurgle.
    Well played.