As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] - It's a brand new jungle out there! Oh and some kind of bear thing.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Jungling does seem to favour getting boots earlier so you can quickly run between camps.

• Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    i'd like to point out that I really dig the new gangplank model rework cause it made it so his critical animation is his pistol, leading to hilarious sequences where you crit someone in the face, shoot parrley, then crit them again so hes like BLAM BLAM BLAM with his flintlock
    yes you are right

Frozenzen wrote:
    Jungling does seem to favour getting boots earlier so you can quickly run between camps.

yes you are right. i'm at the point where I almost always get boots of mob when I jungle, not only shaco/eve. i dunno how effective it is but it makes me less annoyed

edit: also, minuteman gangplank still uses old model (but new animations), at least for now, for old school enthusiasts

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Leona's passive should basically be split in two. Instead of only proccing its damage when an ally hits the opponent, it should have two components; half that Leona herself can proc and half that the ally can proc. This makes her passive actually cool for Leona herself.

Then they add additional numbers to her abilities based either on how many allies or how many enemies are around (or both!).

Now you have a Leona who wants to get in there and hit things with light.
    so is counter jungling pointless now? it was one of my favorite things
    1) CJing was always overrated unless you were doing it against a slow jungler who desperately needed a particular buff or full first clear.
    2) CJing small camps is now irrelevant because you gain little, they lose little, and your own camps should be respawning fast enough anyway.
    3) Riot seems to think the health buff on small camps is significant enough to steal. This ain't true at all (especially since most of the damage you take while doing these camps comes from the minion holding the buff).
    4) CJing a large buff is still good. Taking their blue means you can donate yours, taking their red hurts their ganking. These are also the only two camps that have any serious experience on them as well, which is nice.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    My next purchase will be this bear

I don't know how good or bad he is, but I love fling effects like singed has

Maybe I will finally learn how to jungle on him! (i said this about trundle and it wasn't true)

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i suspect the bear will get a lot of tweakage

but this is purely based on looking at his abilities

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    what do you mean?

he looks pretty weak, ability wise, but it seems like his passive is uh

unbearable

• Options
    weak isn't really what i meant, i just didn't know how else to start that pun

• Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    I like how Riot managed to make a fucking ARMORED BEAR completely boring.
    Like "he can throw people and roar, i guess".

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Frozenzen wrote:

I want boots mostly for gankage. A lot of my junglers become a lot more scary with a little extra SPEEEEED.

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    I except some minor nerfs to the bear based on his kit being incredibly strong.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    Arch wrote:
    what do you mean?

he looks pretty weak, ability wise, but it seems like his passive is uh

unbearable

his abilities make me grown, they aren't weak at all (unless you meant weak as in lame)

that kit could be retardedly op, i just have no experience with seeing it yet

• Options
    Rami wrote:

Incredibly boring more like.

• Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    that bear don't roar son

that bear bore...

19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Arch wrote:
    so i'm stupid

how is his kit super strong

his passive makes him hard to kill = tanking
    he can throw people behind him = ganking/initiating
    his roar does...something? = ranged stuff
    his ulti lets him attack multiple enemies = teamfighter

it's a very good kit.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    zeenyzeeny Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Rami wrote:

Yes, they will swap his W and his R.

zeeny on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    basically he's like mundo

he has a regeneration effect (which means relative advantage is accentuated), his main damage move scales off health, his ult scales off ap (I think? I haven't seen any other scaling indications) and he has an autoattack buff

horrible split scaling means he's going to be built super fucking fat

so we're going to see hp stacking volibears, and in order for that damage scaling to make him a threat he will need to be soooo fed (remember his RARGH CLAW ATTACK only scales off bonus hp - so going from one warmogs to 2 is a huge damage increase)

his utility is marginal - he has only the flip and that roar i have no idea about but it doesn't seem to do much damage or slow

the problem for a character like this is he has to be able to survive a top lane because if you jungle him he's not going to be super effective

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    3 seconds 50% man. It's like a stun at max levels.
    Flip/Roar, dead if flash down.

zeeny on
  • Options
    we shall see! i havent played him and wont be able to play him but he doesnt seem like real hero

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote:
    Rami wrote:

Incredibly boring more like.

Boring maybe but that has nothing to do with it's effectivness.

Also welcome to a week of Fizz and Volibear every game. Both sides for blind pick.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    we shall see! i havent played him and wont be able to play him but he doesnt seem like real hero

He is a mundo/singed hybrid and his main fun point is being a bear with armor. Nothing else in the kit.

zeeny on
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    volibore

19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    TROLIBEAR LOL

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    with 0% cdr, sivir W at level 5 has a 3 sec cooldown

hellloooo trinity force

• Options
    CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    kassadin's blade > talon's blade. it's bigger and glows purple. irresistible to the ladies. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/new-free-champion-rotation-season-two-week-1

this free week's lineup. o_O

Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • Options
    edited November 2011

hellloooo trinity force

Wut? It still can't proc past 1. Don't do that.

zeeny on
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    So new ghost GP looks awesome im not even going to lie. Also haven't been that unimpressed with a spotlight in awhile . Im not saying he looks op or up or anything like that , im saying he doesn't look interesting to me.

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    kassadin's blade > talon's blade. it's bigger and glows purple. irresistible to the ladies. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/new-free-champion-rotation-season-two-week-1

no recommendeds for new players!

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    spitfirekspitfirek Registered User regular
    So ya, jungling... anyone able to get it to work yet? I have tried a couple times now and I can NOT even keep up with the bots in lvl/gold and I am 1/2 the lvl of solo laners. I am playing maokai jungler build which is pretty effective, but I still have to go back for pots and healing every once in awhile, which cuts into my jungling a lot. I keep my jungle clear for the most part(except for the few seconds it takes to "b" and run back to the camps).

I have even tried to throw in some ganks, which is hard to do because I am 1-4 lvls behind everyone else on my team by the time I can even try to gank.

Nothing seems to work.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    zeeny wrote:

hellloooo trinity force

uh, so? if wukongs's Q shot off a piece of monkey shit at another random target you wouldn't get trinity force on him? plus, she now has the attack+instant Q burst with sheen, double the chance to proc the slow. I'm pretty sure trinity force is core on her now. at least, for me. I don't bank on bloodthirsters

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    zeeny wrote:

hellloooo trinity force

so what, still awesome.
    it's like sex, you'll always blow the biggest load on the first of the target

• Options
    Arivia wrote:

no recommendeds for new players!

they are all on temp ban now from the free week of wardick. besides they have Yi and Talon to whine in game with now.

Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    spitfirek wrote:
    So ya, jungling... anyone able to get it to work yet? I have tried a couple times now and I can NOT even keep up with the bots in lvl/gold and I am 1/2 the lvl of solo laners. I am playing maokai jungler build which is pretty effective, but I still have to go back for pots and healing every once in awhile, which cuts into my jungling a lot. I keep my jungle clear for the most part(except for the few seconds it takes to "b" and run back to the camps).

I have even tried to throw in some ganks, which is hard to do because I am 1-4 lvls behind everyone else on my team by the time I can even try to gank.

Nothing seems to work.

You aren't supposed to , you see riot wanted aggressive play so they make sure you are farming aggressively in the jungle to catch up. Ganking will not be tolerated!

• Options
    zeeny wrote:

hellloooo trinity force

uh, so? if wukongs's Q shot off a piece of monkey shit at another random target you wouldn't get trinity force on him? plus, she now has the attack+instant Q burst with sheen, double the chance to proc the slow. I'm pretty sure trinity force is core on her now. at least, for me. I don't bank on bloodthirsters

K, gl.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Feldorn wrote:
    zeeny wrote:

hellloooo trinity force

so what, still awesome.
    it's like sex, you'll always blow the biggest load on the first of the target

sometimes you are out of mana just before the target gets close enough. you're right... it's like sex.

CaptainPlanet82 on
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    zeeny wrote:
    zeeny wrote:

hellloooo trinity force

K, gl.

try it nerd, it owns

edit: i just played a dom with it so I could just see what it's like to have a trinity force on her

I went legendary, placed first on my team, had something like 1500 points. other sivir built recommended items, and I absolutely fucking trashed her

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    zeeny wrote:
    zeeny wrote:

hellloooo trinity force

K, gl.

try it nerd, it owns

I don't play ranged ad and when I do the people I'm playing with wish that I didn't.

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Frozenzen wrote:
    Carnarvon wrote:
    Frozenzen wrote:
    Hmm, full jungle on riven with a dorans blade. Had to go home after that though, not enough hp for a gank.

Cloth+Soda Malphite never has to leave the jungle. Small camps barely manage to get through his shield. After two full clears, you're at full health with two potions left.

With a pull on blue I ended up at 80% health after a full clear on riven, can go kill wraiths+wolves and then twiddle thumbs (gank or go b).

Oh, my run was in a solo game. Malph could probably jungle naked if someone pulled blue for him.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    I have done 3 routes with boots/pots Shyvana and I have determined that almost none of your routing matters.

Wolves -> Blue -> Wraiths -> Red -> Golems -> Wolves = 3:25

Golems -> Red -> Wraiths -> Wolves -> Blue -> Wraiths = 3:25 This is also probably 3:30ish. I started running towards Golems thinking wraiths wouldn't be up in time, but they were so I had to run back from about red camp to Wraiths.

Wolves -> Blue -> Wraiths -> Wolves -> Red -> Golems = 3:40 As with all other routes, I could probably have saved some time, but you do spend time waiting at wolf camp to respawn. That might just be a Shyvana problem. I think this might be the safest route, as your smite from blue is off cooldown in time for red.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    @captainplanet82 sometimes.

This discussion has been closed.