As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Good luck finding the Pizza Planet truck. [BRAVE]

• Options
    CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Also

the point was that the movie was really confusing because of the resemblance

that's the whole joke

it hinges on the premise that boning CGI adolescent characters is uncomfortable to think about and the resemblance to a person i have known intimately is prompting said unwanted thoughts, causing awkwardness, especially when juxtaposed with thinking of said friend being in peril by gigantic monster bears

now I had to explain the joke, you ruined it

Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    Or, of course, we could all assume that Caedere is an internet lesbian pedo with a penchant for redheads who may be cgi

that works too

FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    Goatmon wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »
    And the MUSIIIIIIC HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

Soon as I realized they were doing a film set in Scotland, I was extremely eager to hear the soundtrack.

I still haven't seen this, but will as soon as I get paid. It's gonna be so awesome.

There was only one gaelic song as far as I could tell, but it was pretty rad.

aw whaaaat

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    yeah you're really helping your case by first going weirder and when that didn't get the ell oh ells you so desired, backpedaling so hard we could hear the internet wheels screech

yeah

good posts brah

Rent on
  • Options
    Rent wrote: »
    yeah you're really helping your case by first going weirder and when that didn't get the ell oh ells you so desired, backpedaling so hard we could hear the internet wheels screech

yeah

good posts brah

Hey, I get those ell oh ells when I laugh at my own jokes

When other people laugh it just creeps me out, because their voices sound harsh and strange to my ears

FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    also

the post where I complain about having to explain the joke

also a joke

just like my pathetic attempts to be "witty" and "edgy"

FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    Seriously, though, movie was fantastic. I very much enjoy seeing non-chick-flick movies with strong female protagonists that actually feel female, and Brave did a very nice job of that; the focus on the relationship of Merida and her mother was unexpected and very welcome.

Unfortunately, far too often, when something does have a "strong" female character (let alone the protagonist), she's at best a gender-neutral character, with none of the actual attributes of her femininity coming up, and at worst a grotesque caricature. I want more April Ryans, more Pam Pooveys, more Charity Carpenters, more characters like that in my entertainment, dammit.

FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I think I found the Truck
    Its exactly where people were guessing

Now I need to try and find Pixar's thing where they put something from a future movie in this one

Ooh, I didn't know that was a thing.

Where have they done that in other movies?

Oh geeze all over, in Monster Inc, Boo gives them a stuffed Clown Fish. In Nemo, a kids in the dentists office is reading an Increadibles comic, in UP a little girl has a Lots-o-Hugs bear, in Toy Story 3 theres posters of a Lightning McQueen car and some of the new ones from Cars 2 in Andy's Room, in Cars 2 theres a wooden carved thing with the characters from Brave as cars.

These are just a few that I remember off the top of my head

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Wall E makes an appearance in one of the featurettes on the Ratatouille DVD

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I think the dog from Up is also in Ratatouille as a shadow briefly.

• Options
    Yeah heck yeah he is. Doug! It's in the wall rat scene when remy runs out of the sewer.

Ratatouille is still my favourite.

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Woody shows up in the blooper reel for Bug's Life, and the Bugs show up in the Toy Story 2 bloopers

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Hey this movie is really good and I felt they handled the mother/daughter relationship fantastically

Also it is gorgeous

go see it!

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    Hey this movie is really good and I felt they handled the mother/daughter relationship fantastically

Also it is gorgeous

go see it!

Pixar always manages the family dynamic so well, it's amazing. It's why The Incredibles is such a fantastic movie.

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Oh man Javen that reminds me that I should watch The Incredibles again

You know I always see people wishing for a sequel to that movie and I'm sure it would be fun because how would a movie about a family of superheros not be fun, buuuuuuut...

As you mentioned, the strength of that movie was really in the family dynamics, and if they tried to revisit that theme I can't really see them doing that without having to 'backslide' a bit on the wonderful character development they established in the first film!

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Whoops.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Saw this with the wife and our kids yesterday, I liked it. It's not the best work they have ever done, but I would still recomend it to someone if they asked.
    The story was good, if only somewhat predictable. And like others have said, visually it's amazing.

It's interesting to see just how far Pixar has come in terms of character and environment design. Even when you compare Toy Story 1 to Toy Story 3 the difference is staggering. But that is to be expected due to the advancements in technology between them.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    One of my favourite things about the movie
    is the MacGuffin son's weegee accent, and how nobody in the whole movie can understand him. I know it's an old joke, but it's a good one. See: Boomhauer

#pipe on
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    One of my favourite things about the movie
    is the MacGuffin son's weegee accent, and how nobody in the whole movie can understand him. I know it's an old joke, but it's a good one. See: Boomhauer

I liked that as well.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I think I found the Truck
    Its exactly where people were guessing

Now I need to try and find Pixar's thing where they put something from a future movie in this one

Ooh, I didn't know that was a thing.

Where have they done that in other movies?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pixar_film_references

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    SabreMau wrote: »
    and oh man im just remembering that disney made all the advertising for tangled feature the robber-guy because 'no one would watch a girl-centric movie'

Not all the advertising. Their tone in the Japanese trailer was different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRt3zcz03aA
    Oh wow I like this trailer

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    this movie was pretty nice

a little bit cliche and predictable, but still really good

it was definitely "pixar makes a disney princess movie"

which i enjoyed quite a bit

• Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    just came back from this, it was excellent! a warning for the 3d though: i wouldnt really recommend 3d if you have problems with it, there are a ton of swooping action shots, horseback riding, dramatic twirls, just a bunch of head-ache causing stuff

outside of that though it was practically a two-hour episode of samurai jack's scotsman's family reunion, which is exactly what i wanted

• Options
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    it was definitely "pixar makes a disney princess movie"

which i enjoyed quite a bit

this is pretty much it yeah

• Options
    Im starting to think I just can't notice 3d, because it looked like a regular digital film to me.

It was incredible though, and oh my god that short

• Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    So we were sitting in front of a couple of little kids when we saw this. When we got the scene where
    one of the bear kids jumps down that handmaiden's dress to get the key.
    They both went "Eeeeeeeeeewwww" at the same time.

I nearly died laughing.

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Veretas wrote: »
    So we were sitting in front of a couple of little kids when we saw this. When we got the scene where
    one of the bear kids jumps down that handmaiden's dress to get the key.
    They both went "Eeeeeeeeeewwww" at the same time.

I nearly died laughing.

oh man this scene
    the reaction of the other two bears was amazing

one turning away in disgust

and the other with the biggest smile like "oh my god did you just see that shit?"

• Options
    How many people
    Called/texted their moms after the movie?

Guilty.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    The triplets were great, I wouldn't be surprised if they're the focus of a bonus short when the DVD comes out.

Which is saying something because 'kids being mischievous' isn't normally that funny to me.

• Options
    Javen wrote: »
    How many people
    Called/texted their moms after the movie?

Guilty.

Ahahahaha fuck that noise

It just gave me all the more reason to never talk to her again.

BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    The triplets were great, I wouldn't be surprised if they're the focus of a bonus short when the DVD comes out.

Which is saying something because 'kids being mischievous' isn't normally that funny to me.

I think the kids were good because they didn't say anything.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    That's a very good point.

• Options
    My favorite scene is the dinner table scene.

That one kid just mouthing the entire story is the best thing.

BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    ohhh i just remembered, i saw a commercial(?) that had a clip of the boys putting on a play led by their mother and messing it up, but i never saw that scene in the movie, does anyone know whats up with that?

• Options
    Veretas wrote: »
    My favorite scene is the dinner table scene.

That one kid just mouthing the entire story is the best thing.

yeah!

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    This made hella bank at the box office.

$66.7 mil domestic, $13.5 mil international, $80 mil total worldwide.

Fantastic opening weekend. In addition to the great reviews, I'm extremely stoked to see this tomorrow.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Loved this, solidly entertaining and beautiful to look at.

• Options
    The fact this has a lower Rotten Tomatoes then Madagascar 3 is crazy.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    just came back from this, it was excellent! a warning for the 3d though: i wouldnt really recommend 3d if you have problems with it, there are a ton of swooping action shots, horseback riding, dramatic twirls, just a bunch of head-ache causing stuff

outside of that though it was practically a two-hour episode of samurai jack's scotsman's family reunion, which is exactly what i wanted

Thanks for the warning. I have problems with 3D in motion because it always looks out of focus and it ruins the experience of letting my eyes just roam over every line and texture in a well-crafted piece of animation.

• Options
    youre welcome!
    MrDapper wrote: »
    The fact this has a lower Rotten Tomatoes then Madagascar 3 is crazy.

madagascar 3 wasnt horrible but jeez its nowhere near brave good