As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Spike VGA 2011 Nominees Announced (Getting better, but it's still Spike VGA)

• LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    I didn't really consider the Last of Us a particularly good reveal... it's another zombie game.

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Hey, any game where I can play as a teenage girl with a switchblade, I'm there.

• Guitar Hero Of TimeGuitar Hero Of Time Registered User regular
    So I'm guessing the logic behind having Last of Us be the first reveal is to make people think all the reveals will be as good as it. Then they put the mediocre ones in the middle (Rainbow Six, Spider-Man and Transformers) so that by then people just say fuck it and stick around for the remaining good ones at the end?

That is one way to look at it.

So far I don't think any of the exclusive teaser trailers they have released has been particularly exciting. Maybe they are saving the good ones for the end. Or there are no good ones.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Mediocre? Unco-, you made a powerful enemy today.

I know 'Bee isn't going to bite it (he's in Prime, after all), but still, the atmosphere of that! Jeez... And it's always nice seeing Ironhide be a badass, especially with how poorly he's been treated by Bayformers and Prime.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    I didn't really consider the Last of Us a particularly good reveal... it's another zombie game.

Uncharted was mistakenly believed to be a Tomb Raider clone in its previews.

FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    ... okay, any goodwill from the TF trailer is gone. The hell.

Charlie's starting to sound like Michael. Getting up there in age/his hard life is coming back to bite him.

NO applause for Rage. wow.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    "what's it pay?"

sums up the whole show really

• mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Poor Rage.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    Last of Us was good?

Underwhelming maybe.

Okay, that was good. MW3 getting tea-bagged. :)

• Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Oh hey, let's do the teabagging thing again, that wasn't terrible and awkward the first time or anything.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
    Oh shit is it time for some more dog football?

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    The cynical part of me wants to believe that teabag stuff was planned, but that guy did not seem ok with it.

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • xraydogxraydog Registered User regular
    that poor animal

• MegamaniacoMegamaniaco Madrid, Spain (again!)Registered User regular
    A cow. wow.

Steam ID: Megamaniaco // LoL summoner: Corcorigan (NA), Megamaniaco (EUW) // Hearthstone: Megamaniaco.2120

Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
  • C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    Darth_Mogs wrote:
    Oh hey, let's do the teabagging thing again, that wasn't terrible and awkward the first time or anything.

Well, the VGAs have the duty to reinforce gamer stereotypes to the public.

edited December 2011
    The cynical part of me wants to believe that teabag stuff was planned, but that guy did not seem ok with it.

I am sure it was planned, just the lead guy running and the military guy NOT chasing wasn't.

Why cow?

Epic was founded in 92? But.. I could've sworn I owned an Epic Megagames CD before then with Jazz Jackrabbit on it..

So, just to reiterate: Teabagging, Charlie Sheen, and "Gamer Goddesses" have all gotten/will get more airtime than Miyamoto.

Hell, that cow almost got more airtime.

Athenor on
  • TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    Epic doing a cartoony game? After all this time?

Yay!

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Oh, hey, Epic finally played Minecraft for the first time.

Fortnite looks like it could be cool.

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • Guitar Hero Of TimeGuitar Hero Of Time Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote:
    Oh, hey, Epic finally played Minecraft for the first time.

I was going to say. Epic's new game is Minecraft!

• OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    Minecraft and Team Fortress 2 by the look of it.

Man that was not what I was expecting.

Looks kinda neat.

• GreenleafGreenleaf Registered User regular
    WTF was that about?

Dude what is your signature picture from? It looks just fucking like me and every time I scroll around and see it it just shocks the shit right out of me.

Man that was not what I was expecting.

Looks kinda neat.

I agree with this, and the art-style is a refreshing change from the endless cavalcade of space marine-like protagonists that Epic loves.

• KuratosuKuratosu Registered User regular
    This teabagging thing is really not funny and a pretty shitty stunt to pull on people who actually spend the time making these games.

Click spoiler for Backloggery, and gamer info:
    sig.gif
    Gamer Tag: LeeWay0
    PSN: Leeway0
    Greenleaf wrote:
    WTF was that about?

Dude what is your signature picture from? It looks just fucking like me and every time I scroll around and see it it just shocks the shit right out of me.

I'm watching you

• Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    From NAUGHTY DOG. And we don't even know what type of game it is, so dismissing it with "it's another zombie game" is pretty daft.
    Athenor wrote:

I know 'Bee isn't going to bite it (he's in Prime, after all), but still, the atmosphere of that! Jeez... And it's always nice seeing Ironhide be a badass, especially with how poorly he's been treated by Bayformers and Prime.
    I played War of Cybertron and mediocre is exactly what I'd call it. They'd have to make a lot of improvements to actually make it good and maybe they'd be able to if they weren't on Activision's bullshit yearly schedule. But since they are, I'm expecting mediocrity.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
    Wow video games are popular on internet social media.

Imagine that.

From NAUGHTY DOG. And we don't even know what type of game it is, so dismissing it with "it's another zombie game" is pretty daft.

But it IS another zombie game. I mean, I saw them right there in the trailer, zombos.

I love it when people who don't know anything about video games talk about video games.

"From the people who brought you Dabble... Starcraft... and Word of War!"

• GreenleafGreenleaf Registered User regular
    Greenleaf wrote:
    WTF was that about?

I'm watching you

No, ... no! NO! Don't do this to me!

But it IS another zombie game. I mean, I saw them right there in the trailer, zombos.

So?

Darth_Mogs wrote:

So?

So, he's calling me daft for saying it's a zombie game.

Read son, it's quoted right there for your convenience.

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    i like how regular old clicky warcraft got erased from their blizzard trailer

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Goddamnit. These awards are the only time I am ever embarassed to be a gamer.

• mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote:

I played War of Cybertron and mediocre is exactly what I'd call it. They'd have to make a lot of improvements to actually make it good and maybe they'd be able to if they weren't on Activision's bullshit yearly schedule. But since they are, I'm expecting mediocrity.

Yeah seriously. I don't get it. What's with the hate on The Last of Us? It's NAUGHTY DOG guys. I'm so confused at this stuff. And yet Fortnite doesn't get hate when it's ALSO a Zombie game. Hm. Regardless. Give it more of a chance. You saw a quick trailer that showed no gameplay. Let's see what happens eh?

And hey. I loved Transformers. I thought it was a great game. Although I know lots didn't care too much. I found it amazing fun though.

"You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
    four thousand six hundred? Wow...

• Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Darth_Mogs wrote:

So?

I'm calling you daft for dismissing it by saying it's another zombie game.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
    Darth_Mogs wrote:

So?

I meant so what if it's 'another zombie game'? Casting a broad generalization on it isn't doing you any favors. There are a lot of 'another (thing) games' in the industry, yet a lot of those are still good. Arkham City, for example is 'another punching dudes game' if you want to be so vague about it.