As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The School Thread and You, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Add/Drop

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Also, what has college done to you BFL?!
    125q87m.jpg

b1ehrMM.gif
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote:
    nyan of that in here, please

AUGH

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    maybe i have incredible powers of concentration then cause

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • KabitzyKabitzy find me in Monsbaiya Registered User regular
    jdkljasdklajsdklajsd did absolutely terrible on my mcat diagnostic
    depression mode entered

W7ARG.png Don't try and sell me any junk.
    Bother me on steam: kabbypan
  • Darth AardvarkDarth Aardvark Registered User regular
    Does anyone know anything about quantum scattering/born approximation/form factor in a coulomb potential scattering problem?

I'm so stuck on this problem and i know there are a few physics people around here

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote:
    Also, what has college done to you BFL?!
    125q87m.jpg

me and my bros are gonna go down to Zeta Phi Alpha and party it the fuck up

• George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    Okay jeeze I get that this is probably your first time on campus, people-who-are-here-for-the-USC-game, but that does not mean you have to stop every 10 feet to take a picture of our GARBAGE CANS jesus christ I am just trying to get back to my room and I have to wade through you motherfuckers THEY ARE JUST GARBAGE CANS

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Okay jeeze I get that this is probably your first time on campus, people-who-are-here-for-the-USC-game, but that does not mean you have to stop every 10 feet to take a picture of our GARBAGE CANS jesus christ I am just trying to get back to my room and I have to wade through you motherfuckers THEY ARE JUST GARBAGE CANS

Upperclassmen hate freshmen, freshmen hate high schoolers, high schoolers hate parents, parents hate upperclassmen.

The circle of life.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote:

Upperclassmen hate freshmen, freshmen hate high schoolers, high schoolers hate parents, parents hate upperclassmen.

The circle of life.

It was people of all ages and races! I just indiscriminately despise tourists.

• HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    I wore a fedora for a while, but not like with a wolf shirt. With a nice button up long sleeve with l'appelles tucked in. I liked it a lot.

I didn't know about the nerds with fedoras then.

• Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    I love putting off research papers till the very last day...

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    School is becoming unnervingly easy for me at this point. It's all my major program classes, and they're all such basic bullshit.

If I could afford it I'd be taking 16 hours because 12 is just not keeping me nearly busy enough.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    85 on my second Soc. midterm, woot.

Against any sort of better judgement I'm having a Magic Flight Launch Box shipped to my dorm. Better than my parent's house~

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Garbage cans?

are they special garbage cans? do they have the school's logo or something?

cement cans with UO or an O on them. I still don't fucking get it.

• BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    they are the true secret of power

man

we don't have block M trash cans here

we have an M on pretty much everything else though.

It's not like the trash cans were even shown in Animal House, sure I can stand people gawking at the Administration Building, a lot of filming happened there! But the trash cans, really?

• Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    A 5 page limit for a double-spaced essay is not enough to actually say anything you guys.

WHAT DO I WHITTLE AWAY???

Muse Among Men on
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    A 5 page limit for a double-spaced essay is not enough to actually say anything you guys.

citations!

(do not do this!)

• Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    They aren't even asking for citations. I feel like everything I have written is needed :/

• unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    They aren't even asking for citations. I feel like everything I have written is needed :/

what's the essay on

• SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    i dunno if ive ever encountered any bros at U of M

however the air in ann arbor is so thick with hipsters you could cut it with a kitschy knife

• Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    five pages is plenty of space to say everything you need to say

depends on what you are doing though i suppose

But it is double-spaced.

• SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    make it 1.5 spaced and ask them to fight you if they give you shit for it

• Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    But it is double-spaced.

how else would it be spaced

how many words is five pages? like two or three thousand? that's heaps

We had to interview a group of 5 people about how they were affected by the economic recession, and I feel like it would be so much more organized if we could use some nice little tables to group the questions and responses together succinctly (because the meat of it is supposed to be analysis of the data). And otherwise I feel like I asked good questions but maybe that is to my detriment because that means I need more space to explain the responses.

• BoomShakeBoomShake The Engineer Columbia, MDRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Ask your prof if you can put the Q/A tables in an appendix, which then wouldn't count toward the 5 page essay limit. Hell, it was usually required whenever I had a paper that was analyzing some unique gathered data.

BoomShake on
    It is pretty much too late to ask, I did not recognize I would start trending to overflow on my paper until this weekend.

Outlining an essay about Plato right now.

I really like Philosophy papers. They are very soothing to write.

• Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular

1) How far above the limit are you?

2) How much can you slim down from the intro/conclusion?

3) How much of a dick is your professor?

[IMG][/img]
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    two quarter wave plates should make a half wave plate right

i guess ive reached the limit of using 780nm components at 670nm

1) How far above the limit are you?

2) How much can you slim down from the intro/conclusion?

3) How much of a dick is your professor?

Well I was trending to a minimum 8 pages . . . I have slimmed things down a lot so far, I think. I ended up just completely deleting some data points though because it is just too many questions/answers to fit into the limit.

• Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    If it's a choice between deleting points and running long, I would just keep the points and take the risk.

Even if it runs long, you can always just explain that there was no way to cut down the paper without putting the key point of the paper at risk.

As long as you actually talk to them about it, most professors are actually really understandable about that sort of thing.

[IMG][/img]
    I hate this so much.

And I really want to do well because I want to transfer out after this year too.

Don't stress about it too much.

If the biggest problem you have is that you're being overly verbose, you probably don't have much to worry about.

[IMG][/img]
  • GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    For Thursday I have to finish a first draft of a 2500-word literary theory paper. Sitting at 760. I can do it.

Then for next week, I have to write two 1500-word papers for separate classes, both of them on books I haven't really read yet... uuuuhhhhh....

• FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    One of the best classes I ever took was a upper level geography course.

The professor started out on day one asking that no one bring in laptops to class because it distracted him, and he was sure it probably distracted people in the class. Which I generally agree with. Laptops can be pretty distracting in a lecture hall.

But there was this dude in the class who argued with the professor for five solid minutes about how unfair and inconsiderate it was to make a rule like that. Then when it was clear the professor wasn't going to budge he made a big scene out of asking everyone for a piece of paper and a pen.

sig2.jpg
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Outlining an essay about Plato right now.

I really like Philosophy papers. They are very soothing to write.

Aww Yeah.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
This discussion has been closed.