As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The School Thread and You, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Add/Drop

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    I got it!

It was on the material I was doing work on today so it was actually pretty easy. I just hope it was what he was looking for.

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    neville wrote: »
    Before smoking a bowl I should have checked with my group members if we were done all the work for the course.

Turns out I forgot about half the report I have to write.

No correlation I swear.

this is why i need to help you

I appreciate the offer but I don't particularly deserve help not with the terrible student I've been.

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Why? Wow, how insensitive.

and
    @Taya that sounds like a lot of fun!!!

The logic is as follows: there are three tests with the final being optional unless you bombed/missed one of the first two in which case you sit the final. She also said that the last time she allowed a student to have special arrangements a third of the class wanted a special arrangement and inflexibility is the norm in this situation. Nevermind that I've been a student there longer than she's taught there and know every teacher I've had would or is working with me on this. Except her.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Man, I wound up doing much less over spring break than I expected.

On the other hand, being that lazy makes me feel like a real college student.

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Who's cast is now going to the region competition next week?

This guy's!

Also holy shit stories from this overnight trip. So much fun. And next week's is two nights...

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    @Oghulk, way to go.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    So I directed a semester's worth of episodes of a variety TV show we have on campus. When I finally get all the episodes on YouTube, would people here be interesting in seeing them? Some of the segments turned out neat.

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    i am now finally on spring break

thank god

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular

thank god

lmao i'm going to be done school for the year on wednesday or thursday

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    My spring break is pretty much over and I have to go back on Monday.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular

thank god

wtf gary

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Gary if you don't win Evo you wasted your time.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    I am in my last class of the day and
    apparently a lot of pele in this class plagiarise. woooops

also there's a deranged gunman on campus

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular

thank god

wtf gary

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    i've already written four finals, guys

• Options
    no excuses

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Hey school thread, how do we feel about what this state-level politician running for governor has to say?
    Young people who drop out of high school have few if any marketable job skills and are often so deficient in basic verbal and math competency as to be unable to complete a routine job application. Instead of the present system of providing only one pathway to a high school diploma, we need to reform the system and provide two. One diploma would certify a student college ready, with the necessary skills to succeed in college. The second diploma would certify a student career ready, with the necessary skills to get a job or attend a community college. With this reform our goal would be that college bound students would no longer have to take remedial courses to compete on a college level and students entering the work force would no longer lack vocational skills and core competency.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    that sounds like it COULD be okay but the funding to one program or the other would probably get cut and then it'd be like "shit what now"
    that is my five-seconds-later reaction

• Options
    Considering that A) the current system is already woefully underfunded, and B) this is a republican, you're probably right, and it'd probably be the college prep system that would get the biggest funding cuts.

• Options
    Outside of problem students (and when I say problem I mean students that lack skills for either diploma) how would you differentiate between the two systems? What kinda course load would you create for the non-problem students that would be different between the two diploma systems?

• Options
    Oghulk wrote: »
    Outside of problem students (and when I say problem I mean students that lack skills for either diploma) how would you differentiate between the two systems? What kinda course load would you create for the non-problem students that would be different between the two diploma systems?

Just guessing at theory here, since I don't really know what his answer would be, but I'd imagine the same way you distinguish between a liberal arts degree and a more technical degree. Specifically, less generic electives (like language), and maybe one or two less history/science classes, and more technically geared classes, like IT stuff, or shop/craft classes (there was a time when you took 'shop' in high school).

• Options
    It actually makes sense. Have 'magnet' schools be geared toward specific trades or career fields, while the rest, and the charter schools, are geared more toward college prep.

In theory, I want to like the idea, but I'm not sure I trust it to be implemented very well.

• Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    FASFA application filed and sent! Hopefully going to take a drive out to SOU to talk to an advisor sometime next week. Pretty sure that the BA of Environmental Studies looks to be most what I'm hoping to aim for.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    Was looking through scheduling for the fall, and it looks like I would have to have that lengthy Tu/Thursday schedule for the classes I want to take

oh well

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Here's how hard I slacked over the last few days. I could've e-mailed this project in a few days ago if I'd only taken about an hour to type up the relevant documentation to go along with it, but I kept putting it off until now. I'm finally done, and it's due tomorrow afternoon.

And to think, I was originally going to finish it early and use the extra time to study for my other classes, not to mention getting a leg up on the other project she assigned to us.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    ink everywhere

ffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    like a true art student, i've blotted up what i could of the stains in my rug with index cards and will be scanning them and using the ink blots to make photoshop brushes

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    I register for classes tomorrow, yay!

I will be taking my first college bio class

as a bio major this pleases and excites me

• Options
    Spring break is gr8

Bought a couple peach optimos

Playin' video games, listening to outkast, burning incense

Real good

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    At the point in my casual sunday-night acid trip wherein I realize that I have class in 6 hours.

4 Unexcused absences allowed for the class? Guess I'm taking one.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    going to be taking a creative writing class next semester

very excited for that

• Options
    crawford what kind of shangri-la do you learn at where you get four unexcused absences

i get two.

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Hey so it turned out that the assignment that I thought was due Friday is actually due today, and I have spent all day working on it.

It's actually turned out pretty well. I had to make a chess board (don't need to worry about rules, it is a graphics programming assignment) and it all works as intended, even if the pawns look like penises.

broken image link
  • Options
    genetics exam today
    shouldn't be a big deal

organic exam on wednesday
    aaaaaahghghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Options
    I'm starting to get nervous about my ap exams, re: how I'll do on them.

I kinda need and want the credit...except calculus cause I'm retaking calc 1 in the fall anyways.

• Options
    Lying in my couch waiting for my room mates to shower so I can steal a ride to probably go fail some tests. Still kind of anxious and I got nothing done yesterday cause I'm a stupid burnout.

I still need to enroll in that summer class.

But first let's put this sham of a academic year behind me.

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    I fell a sleep during one of the tests.

I don't even know

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    so much chem to learn in the next two days

poop

• Options
    poop...butt.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    So, I'd actually be happy to go back and re-do high school if I could do it here: http://j.mp/IOqizB

This discussion has been closed.