As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The School Thread and You, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Add/Drop

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Woah...

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    toot

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    fartohols and fartnols
    fartpoxides and farthers
    fartaldehydes and fartones

• Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    crawford what kind of shangri-la do you learn at where you get four unexcused absences

i get two.

It's an art class on a day where we don't have critique, so I'd just be in the studio twiddling my thumbs for hours.

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    currently in the last full week of school for my freshman year

I'm having trouble believing it, though

you finish so early, i'm stuck in school forEVERRRRRR

i'm already in finals...
    my finals are next month

next

month
    I took my midterms last week

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    currently in the last full week of school for my freshman year

I'm having trouble believing it, though

you finish so early, i'm stuck in school forEVERRRRRR

i'm already in finals...
    my finals are next month

next

month
    I took my midterms last week

i have one final left

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Thesis writing time boooooooooo

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Registered for next semester

Evolutionary bio, calculus, German, Philosophy of Science, creative writing

Only one class on Fridays

Very excited!

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    a professor I took a class from last fall emailed me this morning

apparently he's got to put together a portfolio of student work that shows what a bitchin' teacher he is

and he wanted to use one of my essays as "an example of a strong response to the assignment"

pretty pleased with that

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    It actually makes sense. Have 'magnet' schools be geared toward specific trades or career fields, while the rest, and the charter schools, are geared more toward college prep.

In theory, I want to like the idea, but I'm not sure I trust it to be implemented very well.

Yeah, this.

My major issue with any "career track and academic track" policies is that since American schools are already systemically segregated by socio-economic status (and ergo, race in a lot of places) that the folks who get shunted into the "trade school" track are going to be overwhelmingly poor and mostly brown and the folks who get shunted into the "fancy book learning in college" track are going to be overwhelmingly rich and mostly white, regardless of the actual abilities those students have.

Not to mention it'd be yet another step towards ending any pretense of class mobility in the U.S.

• Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    Gimmie a time machine so I can poop in T. S. Eliot's shoes.

This term paper is all his fault.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    crawford what kind of shangri-la do you learn at where you get four unexcused absences

i get two.

It's an art class on a day where we don't have critique, so I'd just be in the studio twiddling my thumbs for hours.

or... working on things?

you know, working? working on the things you'll be showing for critique

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Vann, you just don't understand.

• Options
    don't understand these lazy art students i'm surrounded by

i'm actually about to go back into the studio and work! i was already there for 5 hours today! it's 10:30 at night, and i'm going back in to work more!

• Options
    because i have heart

• Options
    Hey Vann!

D's get degrees...

• Options
    Dude.

• Options
    fuck grades i'm gonna be the fuckin' best and make the coolest shit you've ever seen

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Hey Vann!

D's get degrees...

@Zonugal what do they call the guy who graduated medical school last in his class?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Hey Vann!

D's get degrees...

@Zonugal what do they call the guy who graduated medical school last in his class?

A dentist?

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Hey Vann!

D's get degrees...

A DOCTOR YOU SO FUNNY DOHDOHODHOEHIEHEUEHFUEAHUFEHUFAEHFAHFAUEFHAOEIAEUV

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    Group presentation tomorrow.

Presentation Wednesday. Quiz Wednesday.

Book report due next Wednesday.

Going to put in a job application tonight at a bar. They wanted me to come in this last weekend, but I was out of town.

Sometime in between all that I'm supposed to go to my parent's house and do some work for my dad.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    Oh hey I've got an interview in the morning at a bar. Just a barback/busboy position but

Fuck yeah

• Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Hey, so I haven't talked to an advisor yet, but if they request that I take SATs before my application can be filled, is that a 'whenever you want' thing, or a certain time of year, what?

I know, should've done it sooner, but they didn't need it for community college. They may not need it now if I do my pre-reqs at a CC and transfer later either, I've heard.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular

Going to put in a job application tonight at a bar. They wanted me to come in this last weekend, but I was out of town.

Sometime in between all that I'm supposed to go to my parent's house and do some work for my dad.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Hey, I turned 21 two weeks ago. You know what that means.
    I hope you do because I don't. I just know it's related to bars and drinking or something. This is a very awkward invitation to hang out at a bar.

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    Hey, so I haven't talked to an advisor yet, but if they request that I take SATs before my application can be filled, is that a 'whenever you want' thing, or a certain time of year, what?

I know, should've done it sooner, but they didn't need it for community college. They may not need it now if I do my pre-reqs at a CC and transfer later either, I've heard.

I don't remember how the scheduling worked, but I remember that I scheduled for the SAT. Not sure about exactly when they run.

Anyway, I wouldn't think that you would need it if you've got your pre-reqs. Its generally for gauging incoming freshmen.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    Marth wrote: »

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

I hope you do because I don't. I just know it's related to bars and drinking or something. This is a very awkward invitation to hang out at a bar.

Once I get settled in at Taxi's, I'll hit you up! I start Tuesday and Wednesday :( more shit on my plate

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    woooooo

one more exam and done

• Options
    Al_wat wrote: »
    woooooo

one more exam and done

me too
    what's yours on?

• Options
    motors n stuff

electrical type things

• Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote: »

i get two.

or... working on things?

you know, working? working on the things you'll be showing for critique

I can't get concept work done in a room with a bunch of people, which is where I'm at in my project. Regardless, I'm still a bit behind schedule, but once I move to fabrication I'll be spending hella hours there. I have a work ethic, damn it!

• Options
    Oh hey I've got an interview in the morning at a bar. Just a barback/busboy position but

Fuck yeah

yeah i'll be bouncing again

but i've done it all, bartender, barback, bouncer

good luck! enjoy the tip out.

• Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Once I get settled in at Taxi's, I'll hit you up! I start Tuesday and Wednesday :( more shit on my plate

Will you only work Tuesday/Wednesday or is that just the first week? If the former, oof. Either way I'll have much more time after finals. Maybe some time this semester if I keep up on this internship project.

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Will you only work Tuesday/Wednesday or is that just the first week? If the former, oof. Either way I'll have much more time after finals. Maybe some time this semester if I keep up on this internship project.

just this week. Well, hopefully just Tuesday and Wednesday this week. Supposed to work Friday too, but I'm supposed to go home and stain the deck. Hopefully they're understanding. But yeah, schedule should be pretty open after that.

Just let me know, hombre. You got my number. After finals works best for me, anyway.

• Options
    I get a letter in the mail from my school

"you must apply to graduate. The deadline to apply online is Tuesday, April 10th"

Date letter arrived at my house: April 11th. Meaning now I have to do some paper application... eh, not a big deal. But pretty stupid.

Also is this a normal thing? That people have to apply to graduate? Like, I completed the program. Pass all the courses. But then I have to apply to graduate? Seems weird.

• Options
    Pretty certain most every school makes you fill out an intent to graduate form, yes.

• Options
    Sexiled. Dorm Life.

• Options
    Pretty certain most every school makes you fill out an intent to graduate form, yes.

Yep.

• Options
    BAM 100% on my exam I wrote yesterday!

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Sexiled. Dorm Life.

http://hahgay.com/

2x39jD4.jpg
This discussion has been closed.