As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Wrestling: From Planet Funk, THE FUNKASAURUS

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I need this game. I think tomorrow I will get it.

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    On PS3?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Regarding Sean O'Haire, like I said before I'm glad that douchebag didn't make it in wrestling or MMA. To think people wanted him to be the next big thing 10 years ago.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote:
    On PS3?

Yeah, my 360 don't work. I don't see how you'd play online, though, with lag and all.

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Is it bad that I don't want Taker anywhere near the WHC by Wrestlemania? Just leave it at people challenging the streak, that's good enough tbh.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    Taker going after the WHT at Mania might be an indication of him losing the streak unless they know he'll stick around after the show.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote:
    Is it bad that I don't want Taker anywhere near the WHC by Wrestlemania? Just leave it at people challenging the streak, that's good enough tbh.

But think about it.

What if Taker won the World Title at Mania? And then D-Bry cashed in, or somebody else cashes in at another Mania, and won? Not only winning the belt, but ending the streak at the same time?

If you were Vince, and you were trying to create a new star, that would be the best way to create a new star heel.

The person who did that, no matter how beloved they were before, would be getting booed by fans for the rest of their career.

People would buy PPVs just to see him get his ass kicked and lose the belt in the process.

You could be rolling in dough by pulling that creative decision off.

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    It wouldn't really end the streak though. I can see them going for it just for that reason alone: it doesn't end the streak but it still takes advantage of it to generate heat for someone.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • SpoochSpooch Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I would love whoever ended the streak, and cheer them too! Think it's time for Taker to pack it in, he's had a long and fruitful carreer, he can barely manage part time wrestling at this stage. I say give the younger fellas a chance

Spooch on
    Assuming direct control O-O
    Spooch wrote:
    I would love whoever ended the streak, and cheer them too! Think it's time for Taker to pack it in, he's had a long and fruitful carreer, he can barely manage part time wrestling at this stage. I say give the younger fellas a chance

He's only around for like a month or two a year so the younger guys still get a chance. Although if he doesn't retire next year I'd be surprised.

• SpoochSpooch Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote:
    Spooch wrote:

He's only around for like a month or two a year so the younger guys still get a chance. Although if he doesn't retire next year I'd be surprised.

Well i guess I should have said give em a chance at Wrestlemania, Taker's matches are so good at the PPV the rest of the card struggles to shine

Assuming direct control O-O
    They're not going to break the streak, I don't think. If the WHC is involved, I think it'll be his last reign, and then he'll retire.

Goose! wrote:
    They're not going to break the streak, I don't think. If the WHC is involved, I think it'll be his last reign, and then he'll retire.

I'd be OK with that too if they insist on keeping him undefeated.

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    wirehead26 wrote:
    Just curious, anyone here think Johnny Ace still has a good match left in him against Punk?

Is it wrong that I don't believe he would, yet I also don't care and would still like to see it happen?

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
    Punk vs. Cena? Edwards vs. Richards? No friends, the true "Match of the Year" for 2011 happened in Japan. Here it is in two glorious parts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJBG5IYXoUc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNAxRTwcn-E

• KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    Danshoku Dino got fat. And fugly.

Here's a top 10 moves vid for Dan in case anyone here doesn't know about him. And if so I shed many manly tears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZVzASQJwtE

• KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    This Jeff Jarrett promo was a lot better when CM Punk did it 3 years ago.

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    They climbing in yo windows, snatching yo gimmicks up.

So hide your bro, hide your ski, hide your bro, hide your ski.

Cause they stealing all the Ryder gimmicks up in here.

I just saw this Robbie E guy and I wanted to break my TV.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    well I just turned on the tv and someone was watching spike because the first thing I saw was tazz losing his mind over someone being forced to wear a turkey suit

tazz, who calls TNA matches, mind you, couldn't get through calling the match

redfield85 wrote:
    They climbing in yo windows, snatching yo gimmicks up.

So hide your bro, hide your ski, hide your bro, hide your ski.

Cause they stealing all the Ryder gimmicks up in here.

I just saw this Robbie E guy and I wanted to break my TV.

To be completely fair Robbie E is a parody of the Jersey Shore characters. Zack Ryder's current gimmick pre-dates JS if you can believe it.

pretty sure robbie e has been around for a while

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Yeah, Robbie E has apparently been around since last August according to Wiki

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    well I just turned on the tv and someone was watching spike because the first thing I saw was tazz losing his mind over someone being forced to wear a turkey suit

They do it every year, you think he could deal with it by now. I still hate that because they made Alex Shelley wear that shit one year.

road to wrestlemania is fucking terrible

Magell wrote:

They do it every year, you think he could deal with it by now. I still hate that because they made Alex Shelley wear that shit one year.

At least most of the stuff involving Shelley in the lead in to that was fun to watch. Sadly he remains the single most criminally underused talent that TNA has got, showing that they never learn anything.

• KurnDerakKurnDerak Registered User regular
    I would be surprised if Undertaker has it left in him to do a real title run. Considering he still hasn't shown up since Wrestlemania (did anyone ever figure out if him being carted out like that was real or keyfabe?). Though, to be honest, I at least hope he has one more Mania left in him so that he can have a good retirement match. As a fan I would be pretty disappointed to see his match with HHH at this year's Mania be his last.

• Sir Headless VIISir Headless VII Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Yeah, Robbie E has apparently been around since last August according to Wiki

Yeah at the point Robbie E came into the picture Ryder was not worth copying.

E: also if you are looking to get WWE 12 the THQ store will give you $20 store credit when you buy it or the new saints row game until midnight pst monday. It is back-ordered though so you wont get it for a while.
    Edit 2:looks like there is a non pre-order version that is in stock and $10 cheaper.

Sir Headless VII on
    Steam - Backpack - Bnet: SirHeadless #1154
    7KEFduI.jpg
  • Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Hey there, the DiBiase-McIntryre match from Superstars was really quite good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr9QwYq9juc

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Goose! wrote:
    Regarding Foley’s status within WWE, producer Brian Gewirtz is a big supporter and feels Foley is creative and a good performer. It’s said that Triple H always buries Foley, thinking he doesn’t look tough enough and people can’t take him serious in the ring.

Really? I mean, sure, he doesn't look tough, but that's the best part! It makes it all the more surprising when he takes the copious amount of punishment that he does...

...or did, I don't know how much abuse he took in TNA (outside of just being there, I mean).
    Dyvim Tvar wrote:
    wirehead26 wrote:
    Just curious, anyone here think Johnny Ace still has a good match left in him against Punk?

Is it wrong that I don't believe he would, yet I also don't care and would still like to see it happen?

Has Johnny Ace ever had a good match in him?

No, seriously... I'm not familiar with his body of work, beyond his whole talent relations stint and the skateboarder bit they relentlessly mock him for.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
    edited November 2011

No, seriously... I'm not familiar with his body of work, beyond his whole talent relations stint and the skateboarder bit they relentlessly mock him for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NzA4SWPWoQ&t=3m31s

Alistair Hutton on
    I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

Hey, I didn't know this existed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyCCHLQd3u0&feature=related

Well worth watching past the end of the match for the immortal words "Sting and his new found ally Robocop"

edited November 2011
    Dyvim Tvar wrote:
    wirehead26 wrote:

Johnny Ace was a foreign staple in All Japan for like a decade. Now he was never anything beyond a solid, dependable singles worker (and thus was mostly booked that way) however he has (I think) seven tag title reigns during his time with AJPW. Also he invented the diamond cutter, which is really his chief claim to fame.
    So yeah, safe to say he was decent in his day. It's just wether or not he got so badly beaten up during that day that he's best kept away from the ring now. He doesn't seem that way though.

[Edit]Beaten soundly, and with video no less.
    Although matches with Misawa don't really count when discussing quality of a wrestler. Misawa during the 90's could have could matches with anybody providing they had the vaguest passing acquaintance with basic motor functions.
    Fun match though.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Ace hasn't wrestling in a decade though, he should be sufficiently healed up for one more match if it's going that way.

Can WWE show footage of his AJPW stuff?

I really don't know, to be honest.
    Although I don't know they would even want to, Johnny Ace's Japan run is allegedly a forbidden subject in the WWE.

Dyvim Tvar wrote:
    [Edit]Beaten soundly, and with video no less.
    Although matches with Misawa don't really count when discussing quality of a wrestler. Misawa during the 90's could have could matches with anybody providing they had the vaguest passing acquaintance with basic motor functions.
    Fun match though.

The Ace Crusher off the Apron at 3:40 ish is a little crazy, I can't work out how that was safe.

Dyvim Tvar wrote:
    I really don't know, to be honest.
    Although I don't know they would even want to, Johnny Ace's Japan run is allegedly a forbidden subject in the WWE.

Are you talking about that Stephanie incident from awhile back?

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    teddy long by far the most surreal part of that video

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    sting and robocop shoulda been tag team champs

7656367.jpg
    Just watched the European edit of Smackdown. It's a mess:
    Daniel Bryan does indeed look like a hypocrite for cashing in the Briefcase and he really doesn't reflect on that hypocrisy at all.
    The Fatal Four-way is just a complete fuzz, Bryan is made to look daring and brave but weak, I mean genuinely, properly weak. I really don't want to sound like a twattish IWC member here but the ending of the match is pretty much specifically Orton picking him out as the one to deliver his finishing sequence to as he's the weakest of the three opponents and then Bryan getting the more acceptable version of a roll-up (a messily applied LeBell lock as Rhodes goes to pin him) for the win.
    Ugh.

This discussion has been closed.