As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Wrestling: From Planet Funk, THE FUNKASAURUS

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Seeing Teddy with Mark is pretty fantastic.

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I never understood why didn't didn't have more success in wrestling. He had a great look and good work the mic well. Guess some guys just don't make it for whatever reason.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Just watched the European edit of Smackdown. It's a mess:
    Daniel Bryan does indeed look like a hypocrite for cashing in the Briefcase and he really doesn't reflect on that hypocrisy at all.
    The Fatal Four-way is just a complete fuzz, Bryan is made to look daring and brave but weak, I mean genuinely, properly weak. I really don't want to sound like a twattish IWC member here but the ending of the match is pretty much specifically Orton picking him out as the one to deliver his finishing sequence to as he's the weakest of the three opponents and then Bryan getting the more acceptable version of a roll-up (a messily applied LeBell lock as Rhodes goes to pin him) for the win.
    Ugh.
    The only problem I had with the match came right after the faces cleared the ring of the heels and the crowd became electric. We haven't seen much of Orton and Bryan in the same ring let alone in a one on one situation so this was going to be something special. As soon as Orton turned around the crowd popped loud. Bryan started hopping back and forth as if to warm up for what would be a match within a match. The crowd starts getting louder. Dramatic close ups aaaaaaaaaaannnd cut to commercial.

That was some TNA-ass editing right there. Had the initial Orton/Bryan showdown been included in the airing I think they would have come across more as equals. I wouldn't expect the commentary to put over the idea of Orton wanting to see if he could beat Bryan, but then again this is a team that spent the entire show bickering about a bottle of water.

Yeah as far as four-way matches go it wasn't as good as the Ibushi/Generico/Jigsaw/Nick Jackson elimination match that gets posted around here every so often but it was a pretty good match.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
    Smackdown in general was pretty good, better than the initial spoilers indicated. Nice to see they haven't given up completely on Mahal with him starting a feud with Ted. Even if the matches won't be that good at least it's something for midcarders to do other than random matches.

• HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    Ted needs some new entrance music

Also they need to give Mahal his old finisher back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRvTrWKiGOY

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    NOT THE PRIVATE SPOT!

Edit: :O

Bedlam on
    Bryan really needs to start doing the Jim Neidhart beard stroke taunt.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Glad I dont read spoilers. That was pretty surprising.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    OK, they definitely need to let D-Bry win the belt for real at some point

The crowd reaction was phenomenal, and the look on Cole's face was priceless

And I just realized

Even though it didn't technically stand

For a minute there, we simultaneously had CM Punk as WWE Champ, and Daniel Bryan as World Champ

An ROH fan's wet dream

• KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    And I just realized

Even though it didn't technically stand

For a minute there, we simultaneously had CM Punk as WWE Champ, and Daniel Bryan as World Champ

An ROH fan's wet dream

Not until the title unification match.

Freaking GREAT tag match there guys. Ziggler was just fantastic bumping around Curt Hennig-style.

Booker T just said Ted DiBiase reminds him of Tim Tebow

I love this Smackdown

I still hope Slater finds success, damn the haters. Which appears to be everyone but me.

OK I'll admit I'm biased cause I saw him in the Georgia indy scene back in the mid-00s.

OH MY GOD DIBIASE JUST TEBOWED

I FUCKING LOVE THIS

Dibiase I could take or leave. He's not awful though.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    OK, they definitely need to let D-Bry win the belt for real at some point

The crowd reaction was phenomenal, and the look on Cole's face was priceless

I'm sure they will. If they're serious about having him wait until Wrestlemania to cash in (and they may as well, at this point), he has to be seriously tempted at some point, and he has to hit a low. Give him a bunch of Rocky style viginettes and build him up to take on Henry (ideally) and then do a true underdog thing. And honestly, the people in charge of Smackdown have earned some good will lately.

Still think Bryan should be a heel. Maybe he can turn after he wins it.

• HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    And Henry had been beating the shit out of Bryan for like the last month

Cashing in and taking the title from Henry would have been the ultimate revenge

wirehead26 wrote:

Why? This storyline works just as well, if not better, with him as a face. At the moment he's an underdog, and people love underdogs.

edited November 2011
    wirehead26 wrote:

This is why I really hope the plan to have Taker in a World Title match at Mania is actually true and happens.

If they really want to have this angle work, have D-Bry constantly try and cash in, and keep failing. Have him continue to be frustrated and show building rage at each failure.

Then Mania comes, Taker has a long, hard-fought match, and wins the World title, but exhausted, falls and is slow to get up. Just as he gets up, "The Final Countdown" by Europe plays, D-Bry runs down, cashes in, and wins to a series of boos, ending the undefeated Mania streak and Taker's short title reign in the process.

That is pretty much the best way to make Bryan a star through this angle.

Sweeney Tom on
    Love that big boot spot Barrett does on the ropes.

wirehead26 wrote:

Why? This storyline works just as well, if not better, with him as a face. At the moment he's an underdog, and people love underdogs.

This.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote:

Because only as a heel can he really do the "I have 'til five, referee!" bit right. Love that so much.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
    Oh God I miss that so much

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    So what the fuck is up with the difficulty to WWE 12? I played my created superstar (90 overall) vs Jomo and every other thing I tried to do the AI countered and I could barely get the counter timing down for anything other than a strike. This was on normal.

• LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    It's a way harder game than the others. Not only do they counter a lot, but the AI just seems more aggressive in general.

I find that it helps to go into the options and lower the AI counter rate a tad. I would suggest experimenting around with the AI settings until you find something that feels good to you.

you can turn down their counter rates in sliders

Will do. Servers haven't been up since I got the game, which is also a little annoying.

The coolest thing in this is that there's a thing where you can pick a created wrestler and it will automatically make an entrance movie for you. Plus, if you choose the gangster rap song it generates the funniest goddamn video ever

The coolest thing in this is that there's a thing where you can pick a created wrestler and it will automatically make an entrance movie for you. Plus, if you choose the gangster rap song it generates the funniest goddamn video ever

Where what who?! I have no video because it said it needed a highlight reel to make one.

Goose! wrote:

Damn, so JoMo isn't going to be on the show anymore?

Also next week they HAVE to have Clay debut just so he can squash Morrison out of the company. It's too perfect.

edited November 2011
    Fuck. I forgot about the "I have til five" bit. One of the best things about his WWE run is watching to see what heels will use it against him.

This week's Z!:TLIS is pretty good but it's missing one thing...
    Note: Jomo died on the way back to his home planet

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
    Goose! wrote:

Where what who?! I have no video because it said it needed a highlight reel to make one.

Go to create an entrance, and go to the "custom video" part of that menu. You'll be given some options to fill out, and it will generate a video based on your finishers, signature moves and taunts.

Just kicked out of Sheamus' finisher as Dbry in Universe mode. Felt like a boss.

Ever since I unlocked Brock Lesnar the computer has scheduled Brock vs Orton every week...on WWE Superstars.

the weirdest bug I've had was in the royal rumble

I kept trying to put people over the top rope but the character would freeze and slide through the ropes, through mid-air (he stayed at the same height as if he was still standing in the ring) and into the crowd

and then I could hop back into the ring without problem

happened like three times

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    the weirdest bug I've had was in the royal rumble

I kept trying to put people over the top rope but the character would freeze and slide through the ropes, through mid-air (he stayed at the same height as if he was still standing in the ring) and into the crowd

and then I could hop back into the ring without problem

happened like three times

I had this except I couldn't get back in the ring at all.

I was frustrated by the create an entrance mode because I was picking highlights out of matches to create a video and they didn't even matter, but the video creation is awesome once you know what it can do.

This discussion has been closed.