As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

wow, it's [chat]!

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    meh.ro6633.jpg

obF2Wuw.png
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Dangit, my brother lost my copy of Bad Science! How am I meant to get riled up about the exploitation of ignorance now?! :(

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    MyDcmbr wrote:
    Kalkino wrote:
    Outside of a narrow band of jobs I cannot see that a prospective employer has a legitimate interest in your credit history

I work for a financial services company.

That makes sense then!

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i was at a science media centre thing last night and apparently journalists are worried about getting "Goldeacre'd"

i should tell him he'd be quite smug

obF2Wuw.png
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    doug

I made a gif out of that years ago!

YQKWS.gif

nibXTE7.png
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Sup honkies

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Sup honkies

excuse me

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    At work at 3am because Thanksgiving.

nibXTE7.png
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    Sup honkies

excuse me
    Pardon me honkettes

fight me, petra

• BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    I hate doing job applications.

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    BobCesca wrote:
    I hate doing job applicants.

tee hee

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    BobCesca wrote:
    I hate doing job applications.

It can difficult to stay sane when fighting some shitty website. It often takes me a few hours on the really bad ones so I can be sure that their crap system isn't negatively impacting how I look.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Good morrow. So, the stalking is already in full swing, eh?

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Football Manager 2012 is destroying me

stop being dicks, my team, win some fucking matches

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    I rewrote my cv yesterday for the first time in 2 years. That was not fun. That being said, I do enjoy job interviews, as somehow I became really good at them a couple of years back, after I spent a month having to convince agencies I was worth the hassle

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    fight me, petra
    Come at me bro

I just hate writing personal statement type things...working out how best to describe my research and what I want to do in the future and make it sound half-way good.

Nerdgasmic wrote:
    fight me, petra
    Come at me bro
    now who's the honkette

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    i was at a science media centre thing last night and apparently journalists are worried about getting "Goldeacre'd"

Otherwise known as 'looking stupid because you wrote something stupid you stupid stupid'.

Nerdgasmic wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    fight me, petra
    Come at me bro
    now who's the honkette
    so racist

Bogart wrote:

Otherwise known as 'looking stupid because you wrote something stupid you stupid stupid'.

This makes my lost book pain hurt more.

BobCesca wrote:
    I just hate writing personal statement type things...working out how best to describe my research and what I want to do in the future and make it sound half-way good.

Go for broke. Begin your personal statement by claiming to have invented swans or something, then make passing references to the trial you had for West Ham (but then you picked up an injury - at this point make a 'funny old world innit?' face) and the time you saved Huw Edwards from drowning.

Nerdgasmic wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    fight me, petra
    Come at me bro
    now who's the honkette
    so racist

what goes around comes around

edited November 2011
    I was so close to buying Bad Science again (for the Kindle).

Edit: And now I'm reading The God Delusion. Well, thanks D&D, I guess.

Haphazard on
    these apples are way too sweet

thanks, mom :rolleyes:

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote:
    BobCesca wrote:

Go for broke. Begin your personal statement by claiming to have invented swans or something, then make passing references to the trial you had for West Ham (but then you picked up an injury - at this point make a 'funny old world innit?' face) and the time you saved Huw Edwards from drowning.

That could lead to some incredibly awkward interviews.

I currently have no desire to own a Kindle.

Also I think I shall award Arkham City my "Best Melee Combat of the Year" award.

Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    Bogart wrote:
    BobCesca wrote:

Hmm...I think I'll just stick to the Latin stuff and try and show my interests in digital humanities and using new technologies and stuff for teaching.

edited November 2011
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    Bogart wrote:
    BobCesca wrote:

Well, the West Ham and Huw Edwards stories can't be disproved easily, and you can substitute something else for the invention of swans. Claim to have come up with the idea for Angry Birds on a drunken night out with your mate Gary, but he stole it and made millions. Again, pull a phlegmatic face at this point to show you're the bigger man/woman.

Bogart on
    I generally open with: I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you hire me now now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

BobCesca wrote:
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    Bogart wrote:
    BobCesca wrote:

Hmm...I think I'll just stick to the Latin stuff and try and show my interests in digital humanities and using new technologies and stuff for teaching.

FINE IGNORE ME THEN SEE IF I CARE LAST TIME I TRY AND HELP YOU

Bogart wrote:
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    Bogart wrote:
    BobCesca wrote:

Well, the West Ham and Huw Edwards stories can't be disproved easily, and you can substitute something else for the invention of swans. Claim to have come up with the idea for Angry Birds on a drunken night out with your mate Gary, but he stole it and made millions. Again, pull a phlegmatic face at this point to show you're the bigger man/woman.

I was assuming that they took you at face value and required an in depth description of the invention of swans.

Bogart wrote:
    BobCesca wrote:
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    Bogart wrote:
    BobCesca wrote:

FINE IGNORE ME THEN SEE IF I CARE LAST TIME I TRY AND HELP YOU

I'll see if I can fit in Huw Edwards somewhere...

Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    I generally open with: I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you hire me now now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Good luck. *click*
    Oh God please don't hurt me D:

Mojo_Jojo wrote:

I'm inclined to believe you, but "very long career"?

Haphazard wrote:
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:

I'm inclined to believe you, but "very long career"?

That explains where I've been going wrong.

A friend of mine actually started his "techniques" thesis chapter with that quote.

• JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2011
    Taken sucked, so now I'm mad at you Mojo.

JustinSane07 on
    Taken sucked, so now I'm mad at you Mojo.

I've not seen it. Taken is one of those films were the concept has ovetaken the film itself in fame.

This discussion has been closed.