As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Random late night adventuring in the real world.

1235»

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    And it's not Monday, but be aware most of the Korean restaurants are closed on Mondays.

• Options
    Samir Duran DuranSamir Duran Duran Registered User regular
    badass pictures of water claiming a highway

that is pretty awesome. is it actually a part of where the river regularly flows?

Its pretty much like a new creek or tributary because of some trees that survived the floods but its also a new fork in the river as well. Its weird.

Ani121OD.pngSpr_3e_121.gifAni121OD.png
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    here are some pictures from that hospital i mentioned

these are like six or seven years old now, but still, super good memories there. some of the best times i've ever had.

piece of graffiti my best highschool bud did
    IMG_0731.jpg

this was like this when we first broke in and we didn't have the heart to move it
    IMG_0728.jpg

some kinda centrifuge or some shit
    IMG_0726.jpg

this is how hallways on ground floors looked during the day. shit got intense at night.
    IMG_0724.jpg

i guess a hobo raped someone in this spot. we never found out.
    IMG_0717.jpg

these are from the hallways leading up to the laboratory area and the lab itself
    IMG_0716.jpg
    IMG_0714.jpg
    IMG_0713.jpg
    IMG_0702.jpg
    IMG_0700.jpg

(this dude was my best friend throughout adolescence, aint seen him in years)
    IMG_0701.jpg

this is the outside. the outside was pretty crazy too, with power generators and weird squat little buildings and all this awesome disrepair.
    IMG_0698.jpg
    IMG_0688.jpg
    IMG_0686.jpg
    IMG_0685.jpg
    IMG_0677.jpg

it had a dip down into a medium-sized ambulance port/truck port or something which was a spooky place to break in through cus it was dark and echoey etc
    IMG_0680.jpg

i love that i still have these pictures. we got arrested and the cops deleted a lot of them but they didn't find an entire roll of regular ones and i didn't have the camera these were on with me when they nicked us that time

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Oh shit, we turning this into an urbex thread? I got some things to post when I get home.

• Options
    i can totally ge tinto that

eff these pussy "i got drunk and ate hot wings stories"

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Sometimes, I go to the local park at night just to sit and meditate. It's really quite lovely, especially in winter.

On these rare trips, I often have to tell gay guys that I'm not there the reasons they are. oddly enough, I haven't been approached by anyone wielding a knife yet, even though I'm told that stabbings are a regular occurrence there.

It really is a nice place to walk through at night, I find. Real quiet.

I'm not much of a people person.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    there's a park here where homosexual, middle-aged men congregate for anonymous sexual encounters

i've had a lot of weird experiences there with those guys. once, in high school, one of 'em was trying to get some sort of gangbang going with me and three of my friends. he was all, 'you kids trying to spend money or make money?' ::winky:::

long story short my buddies flipped their blunt roaches in there and i think it lit his upholstery on fire cus he freaked out for a second and we got into a crazy car chase and lost him on the high way

once a dude followed us around the park masturbating at us. like directing it to us. a buddy of mine brandished a gun and said something about faggots and the dude ran so fast

these are situations where everyone is at fault

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Fandy sometimes I have trouble believing you are a real person

• Options
    gotta have stories to tell man

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I have learned to avoid the place in warmer times, though. Too many people, spoils the lonely mood.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    Fandy, there is an old abandoned mental hospital to my north that I have been meaning to go into and there is an old abandoned nuclear reactor a few hours away in Arkansas that is begging to be explored. I love to explore places but mostly do it in the day instead of the night which is why I didn't tell any of those stories on here. One of my favorite places is the old abandoned theme park in north Arkansas called Dogpatch USA. It is a right fun place to explore! :D

• Options
    go out there with a camera and take some pictures

that hospital is special for me 'cus it was a sort of home-away-from-home for me and my delinquent friends in high school. i spent so much freakin' time there. we had a huge banquet table crafted from big wooden doors we pried off and put on desk legs, with a dozen rolly chairs around it and all sorts of medical implements we turned into blunt rolling surfaces and cupholders

once we dropped a fire extinguisher from the eighth floor down to the basement down the emergency stairs, made fire extinguisher vehicles with gurneys and shit

found all kinds of crazy stuff. they started very slowly renovating it towards the end and the construction workers doing it had found a giant 60lb tank of compressed laughing gas and stuck it in the renovation area. we found it while dicking around at night and dragged it the half a mile back to my friends yard and had a helluva few months with, like, enough laughing gas to last a dentist six months

there was also all sorts of touching shit, like cards to grandparents that were all 'get well gram-maw' in kid writing and shit on the terminal patients wing. or all the patient information left behind, and like lone fucked up old rotten flowers on the ground near an askew bed and all sorts of hamfisted sad imagery

the basement and the morgue were incredibly scary and it had a huge underground wing with a few rooms that were, like, several acres and huge and echoey with only three fluorescent lights flickering in the middle, leaving huge gaps of darkness. the police used to encircle the place and try to wait us out til either we escaped or they decided we had already escaped successfully, so they gave up and left

for some reason the best memory i have is watching the sun set from the highest point in the neighborhood

urban exploring rocks and can give you great little insights into the small niceties that, ultimatley, make up everyone's lives

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    Fandyien wrote: »
    go out there with a camera and take some pictures

that hospital is special for me 'cus it was a sort of home-away-from-home for me and my delinquent friends in high school. i spent so much freakin' time there. we had a huge banquet table crafted from big wooden doors we pried off and put on desk legs, with a dozen rolly chairs around it and all sorts of medical implements we turned into blunt rolling surfaces and cupholders

once we dropped a fire extinguisher from the eighth floor down to the basement down the emergency stairs, made fire extinguisher vehicles with gurneys and shit

found all kinds of crazy stuff. they started very slowly renovating it towards the end and the construction workers doing it had found a giant 60lb tank of compressed laughing gas and stuck it in the renovation area. we found it while dicking around at night and dragged it the half a mile back to my friends yard and had a helluva few months with, like, enough laughing gas to last a dentist six months

there was also all sorts of touching shit, like cards to grandparents that were all 'get well gram-maw' in kid writing and shit on the terminal patients wing. or all the patient information left behind, and like lone fucked up old rotten flowers on the ground near an askew bed and all sorts of hamfisted sad imagery

the basement and the morgue were incredibly scary and it had a huge underground wing with a few rooms that were, like, several acres and huge and echoey with only three fluorescent lights flickering in the middle, leaving huge gaps of darkness. the police used to encircle the place and try to wait us out til either we escaped or they decided we had already escaped successfully, so they gave up and left

for some reason the best memory i have is watching the sun set from the highest point in the neighborhood

urban exploring rocks and can give you great little insights into the small niceties that, ultimatley, make up everyone's lives

I always do take photographs though since some of the places it is illegal to enter them I do not always post the photos online. I will share them with you in privet sometime. :D

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Share them with me!

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! :winky:

I've actually only ever explored an abandoned place once. It was an old roofing materials factory that sat in the dead center of my town all my life until the operation was relocated further south.

My friend ended up being posted as a guard at the facility and so one afternoon I covered the entire place from bottom to top and actually fulfilled a childhood dream to climb to the top of the tallest tower where a star was hung that they used to light during the holiday season.

I also found out that I'm much braver than my ex-Navy, security guard pal. His first time seeing the creepier parts of the factory were because I forced him to follow me and called him a pussy for being too frightened to explore the higher floors.

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Tank hammer. I have always wanted to do Urbex stuff and I love photography. I am sure there are tons of places to do this around Atlanta. We should for serious do a thing sometime.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Hey the new forums are pretty sweet!

I was reminising about late night adventures. I remember jamming out to Bowie in my friends car at 2AM in college, staying up all night to record songs backwards, getting my nickname: Bitches, but the best, the absolute best times, were New Years Eve. One time a friend clogged the toilet right after midnight, so we all (about 13 of us) piled into cars and headed to walmart for some Drain-O, there were acrobatic tricks, people getting hit in the nuts, and us getting yelled at by cops, and at the end we all played Cranium. Then one time two friends and I went to TP my exgirlfriends house while they were having a party. We accidently let her dog out and after finding it had to awkwardly apologize to her very drunk parents.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    When I was young and headstrong we use to explore construction sites and one time an abondoned house that freakishly had a fucking mirror on every wall. Oh and my friends and I got into a fight with Vampire LARPers at the park once. That was fun.