As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Humble Introversion Bundle: Dungeons of Dredmor added!

TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEONRegistered User regular
edited November 2011 in Games and Technology
The Humble Introversion Bundle

So yes, the Humble Bundle people are back with a new bundle. As always, it's pay what you want, send some to charity, whatever. This time it's Introversion's games:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehpWYJVSaP8

Definitely worth picking up if you don't on any or all of the games here. They range from innovative and fun to fun and innovative. DEFCON is a masterpiece in understated strategy. It's like if WarGames were deadly serious. The game's tagline is "everybody dies" and if you aren't depressed after each round it's only because it was too exciting. It also has a "play me at work" mode where it sits minimized and runs really slowly, so you can get your nuclear strategy on over a long period. Uplink is the best game about being a hacker ever and if it doesn't get your adrenaline pumping, you must have nerves of steel. Darwinia is a unique action-RTS with an endearing, brilliantly rendered digital world full of adorable Darwinians who you command to victory. Multiwinia is multiplayer Darwinia. You also get a couple prototypes including a neato city builder thing from their on-hold/canceled game Subversion, and if you pay over the average price you get Aquaria and Crayon Physics Deluxe, both of which are amazing games.

So, get on it!

TychoCelchuuu on

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Oh crud, I want that Subversion city generator. I was so disappointed they canceled that game.

• Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Bundle is worth it for Uplink alone. That game is so, so much fun.

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I held off on buying Aquaria on the Steam Sale last weekend, because in the back of my mind I suspected something better would come along. Maybe it was the datamining of the Humble Bundle.

... and here we are. something better came along, as despite being a long time Steam user, I don't have Darwinia/Multiwinia or any of those games. Kinda always bugged me that the original Steam 3rd party games weren't in my bank. .... Well, I still don't think I'm going to get that Kung Fu Physics game or whatever.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Uplink is a brilliantly tense game, worth the price of admission on its own :)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Really want Uplink, but I'm never near a functioning non-work PC.
    Hrmph.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Definitely picking this up. This will mark the first time I've bought something through PayPal...and the first time I've had to wait half a god damn week to get the funds out of my bank account. Not having a credit card sucks. :(

• Options
    elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    So many bundles lately, between the Humble Bundles and the Indie Royale ones. Not that I'm complaining, they're cheap and go to a good cause and now I've got indie games coming out my ass, but I haven't even installed the ones from the last bundle yet.

• Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Aren't all these games ported to Mac OS as well? I know Defcon is...

• Options
    I think so - they're tracking stats for OS X and Linux, which wouldn't make much sense if you couldn't play the games on those platforms.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Uplink reminds me a lot of Deus Ex. I'm stuck on the tutorial mission, though. They show me a login box, and I tried my name and password, but that didn't work so I'm assuming I have to hack it, but I have no idea what to do.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Aren't all these games ported to Mac OS as well? I know Defcon is...
    Except for the tech demos all games in the bundle come in Windows, Mac and Linux (32 and 64 bit) form.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote:
    Uplink reminds me a lot of Deus Ex. I'm stuck on the tutorial mission, though. They show me a login box, and I tried my name and password, but that didn't work so I'm assuming I have to hack it, but I have no idea what to do.

It's been years since I played Uplink. I'd youtube it.

I bought a Defcon/Darwinia/Uplink pack from Introversion directly so many years ago. I'll have to dig up my account.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    ascagnelascagnel Registered User new member
    anoffday wrote:

Did you log on to the Uplink Intranet Server? If so, you'll need to run the password cracker app you bought off of there. If not, you do need to enter your normal game login.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    ascagnel wrote:
    anoffday wrote:

Did you log on to the Uplink Intranet Server? If so, you'll need to run the password cracker app you bought off of there. If not, you do need to enter your normal game login.

I haven't bought anything yet. It didn't tell me to. It just told me to do the practice and read it and then the tutorial just kind of stops there. And my login doesn't work on the practice.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    GSMGSM Registered User regular
    Looks like they've added Dungeons of Dredmor as another over-average bonus.
    And source code for all the Introversion games!

This guy is gonna be so happy!

We'll get back there someday.
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Is Dredmor Steamworks?

Edit:Nevermind

joshgotro on
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    You get a steam key for it, its in the "bonus" key you get with Crayon Physics Deluxe, and Aquaria. It'll be auto added to your steam account if you've already entered it.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    So I can finally pick up Darwinia! I have most of the others... gift giving ahoy!

Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    bitfawksbitfawks Registered User regular
    This was a pretty worthwhile investment. I'm a little obsessed with Crayon Physics.

• Options
    oakkeoakke Registered User regular
    Too bad some of the best mods for Uplink doesn't work with Steam version.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    CorriganX wrote:
    You get a steam key for it, its in the "bonus" key you get with Crayon Physics Deluxe, and Aquaria. It'll be auto added to your steam account if you've already entered it.

Yay didn't think of this. From the bundle I only want Uplink and I bought Dredmor on the last day of the Steam sale. Will have to ask in the indieroyal thread how the keys work because I also just bought Runespell.

Edit: Wait...maybe I mis-read. Is Dredmor and Uplink on the same key or separate keys?

Edit: Co-worker just confirmed that Uplink and Dredmor are on separate keys. Hooray for working with other Newell serving slaves!

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    Dungeons of Dredmor is giving me both Quest for Glory AND Nethack vibes at the same time as I play.

Like peanut butter and chocolate, sometimes things work together.

Nice addition to the bundle indeed.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Would anyone be willing to trade a Dungeons of Dredmor steam key for a copy Frozen Synapse? PM me :)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    oakkeoakke Registered User regular
    Not loving DoD as much as everyone else. :(
    Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup really spoiled me when it comes to roguelikes.
    Well, gonna give it another chance later.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    Defcon is so much fun with friends.

So much betrayal and false alliances

• Options
    verbelverbel Registered User regular
    Is there a way to gift the games I already have to someone? I tried adding them to steam but I already have them so they do not get added again.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    So I don't get it, the average is a measly like $3, there's like 150,000 sales and they've made $600k so far. . . That must be a hell of a lot of free rides being subsidized by the top 1%. . .

#occupyhumblebundle

I feel like an asshole only paying $35.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    verbel wrote:
    Is there a way to gift the games I already have to someone? I tried adding them to steam but I already have them so they do not get added again.

Not in the case of the humble bundle and most other bundles. If you click on get steam keys on your bundle page then look at the bottom of that section is says "Steam will not provide you with extra giftable copies of any bundle games you already own prior to redeeming your bundle key(s)." and so if you already redeemed your steam code then you are out of luck.

ultimakay on
    hLeTR.png
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Yeah, there isn't really anything you can do besides buying the gift-able bundle.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    anoffday wrote:
    ascagnel wrote:
    anoffday wrote:

I haven't bought anything yet. It didn't tell me to. It just told me to do the practice and read it and then the tutorial just kind of stops there. And my login doesn't work on the practice.
    Spoilers for the tutorial mission if you haven't played it. Also Citizen Kane. So watch out for that. But this walks you through and lets you get the hang of what the game wants you to do. The guy is kind of obnoxious though.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3ISE0T0TTQ

Xaviar on