As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Visual Novels] Chaos;Head, Anonymous;Code, and Holy Night incoming! (more semicolons)

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    So far I've only had one outright "BOO!" scare. Everything else has been that creepy psychological stuff. Gory as hell too. But honestly you see most everything coming so you can at least try to steel yourself... though it might be a futile endeavor.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    Ugh, screw you chapter 3. What a retarded thing that was. Now I have to play the entire thing over again.

No spoilers or anything, but a big tip to people who are collecting both bad ends and all the name tags.
    Keep a backup save and don't read victim memoir 4. If you read 4, you'll unlock 5, and 5 blocks the final name tag. And this shit happens right in the final room, so screw up and you're playing the entire thing over for that one damn tag.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Discovered I had enough money sitting in my PSN account to pick up Corpse Party, so I figured what the hell.

It's definitely been interesting. Only about a hour in, and just got my first bad end.
    om nom nom scissors.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    In Fate/Extra, it actually does say what attack is being used on the bottom of the screen. I usually forget to look, though. It also only shows the 'winning' attack (or Even if you both picked the same thing). But that's still fairly handy.

uyvfOQy.png
  • EVOLEVOL Registered User regular
    Eh, I can handle creepy much better than I do to outright scares. I guess I'll get Corpse Party.

Time for some sleepless nights fuckit :(

Ugh... chapter 5 is going to be a slog.

This game should not have left the developing oven without a fast forward button.

• RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    Ugh... chapter 5 is going to be a slog.

This game should not have left the developing oven without a fast forward button.

Apparently they added that in the sequel.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    That bad end in Chapter 3 is just merciless.

You know the one. :(

wVEsyIc.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    The mystic girl(with the star in her hair) is amazing.

Even after Chapter 3 end.

wVEsyIc.png
    Wow. I'm surprised the ESRB allowed the scene at the start of Chapter 4.

wVEsyIc.png
    Just got a few more bad ends in ch.5 before it's time to wrap this up.

I have to be honest. They blew their load early with the bad ends. The early ones were great doses of what the fuck. But starting from the end of ch.3, the remaining got lazy at best, and utterly nonsensical at worst.

Just got done with chapter two.
    I definitely noticed the lack of the splatter victim in chapter two, and was wondering why it was still fresh in chapter one... now I know. YEESH.

And this is why you don't try to reason with angry kids.

BECAUSE THEY'RE KIDS.

Feel bad for the gal that got served up in the Speedball Special there.

Out of curiousity, is there a different ending if you get through without the Power Stone breaking?

persona4celestia.jpg
    You'll feel terrible at Chapter 4.

And Chapter 3's bad end involving Yuka was horrifying.

wVEsyIc.png
    Found an... extra end in Chapter 4? It was certainly thorough.

And heart wrenching.

wVEsyIc.png
  • IncognitoEsqIncognitoEsq TexasRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Man, Corpse Party sounds like a blast. This is the only time I've ever regretted not owning a PSP :(

IncognitoEsq on
    *sigh* *Disapproving head shake towards Japan*

Ch. 5 character spoilers:
    Yuka loves her brother.

No, not that way.

*sigh*

Yes, that way.

• TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    There's already a LP over on Youtube if anyone that doesn't own a PSP wants to check it out.

He's not the best, but he doesn't talk a lot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fY-OjzbZUw

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Corpse Party is only $20? Sounds like I need to get me a PSN card.

• KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    I was thinking of doing an LP of Corpse Party.

I'm also a wuss.

www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Do it!

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • EVOLEVOL Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I bought the game. I
    checked the closet with the long black hair twice.

I said HOLY FUCKING SHIT in real life. And I haven't even played an hour :(

EVOL on
    edited November 2011
    Yeah, that's something. So far, I think Chapter 1 is by far the scariest.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best On MarsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    EVOL wrote:
    I bought the game. I
    checked the closet with the long black hair twice.

I said HOLY FUCKING SHIT in real life. And I haven't even played an hour :(
    I checked it a few more times and ended up convincing myself I had imagined it. Glad someone mentioned it, now I know I'm not crazy.

Also, not breaking the power stone is possible?! I had to restart that chapter after I somehow missed it the first time through. Pretty damn sure I tried everything I possibly could before restarting too.

Edit: Actually now that I think about it I might have been able to grab it without restarting if I had looked there so I guess I didn't try everything.

HyphyKezzy on
    steam_sig.png
    Oh man, I guess I missed that bit. I don't remember anything like that.

Also, the power crystal isn't anything important. It's just a one time safety net in case you fuck up later on.

Yeesh. The end of Chapter 4...

Yeesh.

wVEsyIc.png
    cj iwakura wrote:
    Yeesh. The end of Chapter 4...

Yeesh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUH3JQjcweM

Funny, chapter 1 was horror, but from 2 on, it became an awesome mystery.

A nightmarish one, but still.

wVEsyIc.png

Also, the power crystal isn't anything important. It's just a one time safety net in case you fuck up later on.

I don't see how, without the power stone, one could
    get out of that room where Ayumi first goes crazy. Once you exit ghostkid's pretty much right on you and you've only got one block of movement available to you to your left or right. And as soon as you move up from either of those spots the floorboards break beneath you
    leading to "nnnnnggghh" "pant,pant" "arggghhh" etc for like a minute till the sad music

steam_sig.png
    HyphyKezzy wrote:

I don't see how, without the power stone, one could
    get out of that room where Ayumi first goes crazy. Once you exit ghostkid's pretty much right on you and you've only got one block of movement available to you to your left or right. And as soon as you move up from either of those spots the floorboards break beneath you
    leading to "nnnnnggghh" "pant,pant" "arggghhh" etc for like a minute till the sad music
    It's just possible to squeeze past it if you're lucky.

Or, you can just go back into the room you just left. There's a brief "Oh snap, ghost kid's after us!" cutscene, and then when you leave, the ghost is further up and far easier to avoid.

I know what you're thinking and I agree. How the hell are you supposed to know that backing up is the "correct" move. But it's apparently the intended move.

Yeah, that's what I did. I lured him, let him wander up, and ran under. It's tough, but doable.

wVEsyIc.png
    Okay. That's another thing I didn't think to do and makes a lot more sense than some of the crazy doing things out of order stuff I did attempt. Those did lead to some interesting alternate deaths though.

steam_sig.png
  • RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    Finished the final chapter. Wow. That's how you end a game.

• B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    You know when's the best time to play this game? When your neighborhood is getting hit by howling gale force winds and the whole area suddenly experiences a blackout.
    Which didn't matter for me since I was playing in the dark anyways 8->

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Don't know if anyone is actually playing Fate/Extra, or if this is just pretty much a Corpse Party thread now, but wow

Rani path Berserker hits like a dump truck

First boss so far where I could get one-shot if I didn't defend at the right time

Maddoc on
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Maddoc wrote:
    Don't know if anyone is actually playing Fate/Extra, or if this is just pretty much a Corpse Party thread now, but wow

Rani path Berserker hits like a dump truck

First boss so far where I could get one-shot if I didn't defend at the right time

Hint: It's actually is a one-hit kill move. It will always do more damage than your max HP if you don't stop it from happening or block it with an ability.
    Archer and Caster have a defense against it (Saber very much less so), you can stun him with a codecast from the MC, or you can defeat him before he uses it.
    Welcome to the hardest and most tactical fight in the game (the other route has a different fight that's just as hard). Everything afterwards is smooth sailing.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I died once to that little unfortunate surprise, but my second try I managed well enough.

Still, wow, fuckoff hard fight. Picking wrong even once tended to shave off over a third of my health, and once I got paralyzed I never even had time between healing every turn to remove it.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    You could always... use the heal codecast that also removes status effects?

My 1st playthough I just beat every boss from week 5 with Archer UBW setup and ability spam. When you do ~7k damage a single hit after a minimum of 2 turns of setup to the final two bosses, nothing survives.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    Must not have that one yet

Right now I'm using the strongest heal codecast available (which was Medium at that point, is now that Large one), and the Str-Up one

I was using Hack pretty extensively early on, and it made Rider a breeze, but the Stun seemed to never work against Archer so I haven't equipped it again

Using Saber my first play through, as an aside

B:L wrote:
    You know when's the best time to play this game? When your neighborhood is getting hit by howling gale force winds and the whole area suddenly experiences a blackout.
    Which didn't matter for me since I was playing in the dark anyways 8->

Funny, I did Chapter 3
    when I really had to pee.

persona4celestia.jpg
    Keep lots of saves in Chapter 5.

That bad end sucked.

wVEsyIc.png