As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Skyrim] & [The Elder Scrolls] Skyrim's second update may bork the game! Be wary!

• Options
    YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    Has anyone managed to become Thane of Riften? I did the quests and bought the house, and now there's an objective to talk to the Jarl, but she doesn't have any dialogue options for becoming Thane. A bug?

• Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    Has anyone managed to become Thane of Riften? I did the quests and bought the house, and now there's an objective to talk to the Jarl, but she doesn't have any dialogue options for becoming Thane. A bug?

I have the same thing with the new Jarl of Markath

tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote:
    one thing I like about skyrim

you definitely get the goods for being evil

I seem to have inadvertently descended into demon worship

I feel like there actually aren't many opportunities to be good. A lot of the quests are steered towards evil, especially the thieves guild and the Dark Brotherhood. Why can't we have a paladin guild or something? I don't feel any incentive to not be evil.

• Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Wavechaser wrote:
    Arthil wrote:
    Wavechaser wrote:
    So Lydia died again today for the 13 billionth time. Finally, I opted to say 'F It' and let her stay dead. She did nothing but ruin my sneaking anyways.

Can someone recommend a companion who is really good at sneaking? I miss having a pack mule...

Gonna hate me, but.

Lydia.

Like I checked on her page for one of the wikis, her skill? Sneaking.

You're right. I do hate you.

Damnit...

The wikis are full of shit. With her stats properly leveled, Lydia's looks like this at level 34 with no gear:

Health: 485
    Stamina: 160
    Magicka: 50

One-Handed: 92
    Block: 68
    Heavy Armor: 87
    Two-Handed: 49
    Archery: 63

Sneak: 15

Everything else is at 15, the base, aside from the few other skills boosted by virtue of her being a Nord, which are at a whopping 20.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    When an omnipotent, cosmic being, of questionable integrity tells you to do something, then by the Nine do it!

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Hermaeus Mora could basically ruin any party. Nothing's fun when that guy shows up

• Options
    There's a companion you can hire for like 500 gold in...Whiterun? I think? Who is an assassin looking person. Dunno for certain, but she certainly seemed sneaky.

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Have a problem, Joining the Legion quest:

I have to clear out fort hraggstad, which is fine. I did it, the quest marker was showing up fine. I killed everyone and the quest marker went away. But, it didn't give me credit for clearing the fort. I went over that place with a fucking fine tooth comb and it's empty. Talking to the Legate does nothing?

Help? I'm on PC, too, but don't know if there's a console command for it.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Frei wrote:

I have to clear out fort hraggstad, which is fine. I did it, the quest marker was showing up fine. I killed everyone and the quest marker went away. But, it didn't give me credit for clearing the fort. I went over that place with a fucking fine tooth comb and it's empty. Talking to the Legate does nothing?

Sometimes a guy will fall off of the north(?) cliff along side the fort.

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Options
    GalactusGoGalactusGo Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote:
    There's a companion you can hire for like 500 gold in...Whiterun? I think? Who is an assassin looking person. Dunno for certain, but she certainly seemed sneaky.
    Janessa....she awesome.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Now it is apparently working. No idea how.

Steam, baby, why you gotta make me mad?

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    SniperGuy wrote:

Jenassa? She is, surprisingly, not as sneaky as you might think. Her Sneak at 35 is only 45. She's set up to be an archer.

Marcurio, the orange-robed Mage at the Bee and Barb in Riften, however, has 64 Sneak, and is a beast of a spellcaster.

ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    korodullin wrote:
    SniperGuy wrote:

Jenassa? She is, surprisingly, not as sneaky as you might think. Her Sneak at 35 is only 45. She's set up to be an archer.

Marcurio, the orange-robed Mage at the Bee and Barb in Riften, however, has 64 Sneak, and is a beast of a spellcaster.

Clearly I am just racist towards the dark elves.

• Options
    Jephery wrote:
    Frei wrote:

Sometimes a guy will fall off of the north(?) cliff along side the fort.

Checked the cliffside, nothing.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    GalactusGoGalactusGo Registered User regular
    korodullin wrote:
    SniperGuy wrote:

Marcurio regardless of how sneaky I wanted to be would end up running in lightning bolts blazing and quickly dying. Janessa would for the most part arrow things and when she got in the shit she could take moderate punishment without instant death.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Checked the cliffside, nothing.

Let me figure out how the quest setstage command works and I'll get back to you.

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote:
    Dude, Orcs are actually elves.

... *drops all of his Orcish armor all over the floor*

Excuse me! I noticed you dropped this armor back there, may I keep it?

But of course my boy! Only if you desire the patterns of the INFERIOR race.

I would not suggest telling an Orc that to their face.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    A Night to Remember. Hahahaha! Awesome!

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    I am in absolute shock. After a fresh OS install (once it finally got past borked DRM), the game runs 10x better. Where I was getting 15 or FPS on medium in Winterhold, I'm not getting 60 on High. I have no idea what was wrong that the fresh install fixed, but it's glorious! Even on the lowest settings possible before, it would chug along inexplicably.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Frei wrote:

Try this:

player.setstage CW01A 100

For future reference, get the quest ID and stage IDs from by looking up the quest at: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Quests

For example on this quest page:
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Joining_the_Legion

You can see the quest id at the top and a list of quest stage ids.

Then player.setstage <questid> <stageid> to jump to that quest stage. It might take a few tries to figure out the right one.

Jephery on
    }
  • Options
    GalactusGo wrote:
    korodullin wrote:
    SniperGuy wrote:

Marcurio regardless of how sneaky I wanted to be would end up running in lightning bolts blazing and quickly dying. Janessa would for the most part arrow things and when she got in the shit she could take moderate punishment without instant death.

Yeah, some basic behavior options would have been fantastic (and I'm sure will get modded in quickly). I mean, Bethsoft's own created follower NPCs in Tribunal had at least some basic options, and players have been making their own decent companion tools for the better part of a decade.

ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    Jephery wrote:
    Frei wrote:

Try this:

player.setstage CW01A 100

For future reference, get the quest ID and stage IDs from by looking up the quest at: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Quests

For example on this quest page:
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Joining_the_Legion

You can see the quest id at the top and a list of quest stage ids.

Then player.setstage <questid> <stageid> to jump to that quest stage. It might take a few tries to figure out the right one.

Worked perfectly, and good info for later. Thanks very much.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    psyck0psyck0 Registered User regular
    psyck0 wrote:
    So Belethor died somehow (I have no clue how) a while back. His store was always locked and I finally figured out that he was dead. It was too long ago for me to find the save before it happened and replay several hours, so I revived him and teleported him to me in whiterun. Now, though, his door is locked 50% of the time even during the day and when it is open he won't let me trade with him. Any ideas how to fix this? He was my goto merchant (at 22 hours played I have pretty much only ever explored whiterun, god this game is has a lot to do!)

Also, when I teleported to his corpse it was in a really weird limbo with another chick who I murdered and some random dude whose name I didn't remember, who was actually alive. It was a rainbow-coloured room and they were all naked. Very strange.

Try doing a double dose on him. Console, target him: disable, then enable, then kill, then resurrect. While he's in his shop.

No cigar :( any other ideas?

Play Smash Bros 3DS with me! 4399-1034-5444
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    Holy crap, the huge area below ground that connects a bunch of dwarven ruins is amazing. Its sooo cool

especially with the
    Falmer city and their slaves. OMG I hope there is a quest to burn the falmer city down

GOTY!!!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Smaug6 wrote:
    Holy crap, the huge area below ground that connects a bunch of dwarven ruins is amazing. Its sooo cool

especially with the
    Falmer city and their slaves. OMG I hope there is a quest to burn the falmer city down

GOTY!!!

How do you find this? Is there a quest or something or do you just stumble onto it?

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    So I found a Thalmor embassy.

Burn it down or burn it down?

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    It's a part of the main quest.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    3clipse wrote:
    So I found a Thalmor embassy.

Burn it down or burn it down?

What would Aerys Targaryen do?

• Options
    NibbleNibble Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    By the way, did anybody else know that (this will break some of you):
    The dwarves are actually elves?
    When I learned that I seriously dropped all of my dwarven armor in my chest and never looked back.
    Altmer
    Dunmer
    Bosmer
    Falmer
    Dwemer

Nibble on
    sig.php?id=178
  • Options
    Ahh. I'm just starting to actually get into the main quest.

over 100 hours into the game....

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Nibble wrote:
    When I learned that I seriously dropped all of my dwarven armor in my chest and never looked back.
    Altmer
    Dunmer
    Bosmer
    Dwemer
    oh. my. god.

• Options
    Elendil wrote:
    Nibble wrote:
    Altmer
    Dunmer
    Bosmer
    Dwemer
    oh. my. aedra.

FTFY

• Options
    Ok so now, as opposed to seeing bunnies running underwater, there is a named NPC swimming through town

• Options
    He's all just treading air, talking to me

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    So I hear there's a cap on unarmed damage? 61 or some such? What the hell is up with that? And why isn't there a mod to fix it yet? I WANT TO PUNCH DRAGON HEADS OFF.

Someone linked me to something earlier today where they got unarmed up to 6,000 damage. I think it was through the heavy armor perk and abusing crafting the gauntlets.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    It's a part of the main quest.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU

• Options
    jedikuonjijedikuonji Registered User regular
    I played for 83 hours and didn't know you could bind stuff the the number keys on PC. I feel like I'm playing a different game now.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    So I hear there's a cap on unarmed damage? 61 or some such? What the hell is up with that? And why isn't there a mod to fix it yet? I WANT TO PUNCH DRAGON HEADS OFF.

Someone linked me to something earlier today where they got unarmed up to 6,000 damage. I think it was through the heavy armor perk and abusing crafting the gauntlets.

I'm preeeeetty sure you can easily get any enchantable or smithable weapon to 1-shot anything in the game with alchemy recursion. Seems like there's no hard limit to how high you can stack the damage.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote:
    I feel like there actually aren't many opportunities to be good. A lot of the quests are steered towards evil, especially the thieves guild and the Dark Brotherhood. Why can't we have a paladin guild or something? I don't feel any incentive to not be evil.

Agreed. The DB and TG were choices you soughut out/caused in Oblivion. In Skyrim you're dumped into them by default which sucks.

That said you can turn around the DB quest line.
    You can kill Astrid when you wake up in the cottage. Then you get a quest to end the DB. Unfortunately it's kind of shitty since the DB quest chain is long and interesting whereas the anti-DB quest chain is just "go kill them" and that's it. Also annoying since the vampire girl isn't there since you can't kill children, even if they're hundreds of years old and undead.

MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    GalactusGo wrote:
    SniperGuy wrote:
    Janessa....she awesome.

Perfect, thanks guys

This discussion has been closed.