As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Football/Soccer] Chamack to score 30 goals for West Ham

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Maz- wrote: »
    El Clasico is on right now and nobody here's talking about it? Boo.

Real is up 2-1.

They've played eachother like 6 times this year, no one cares anymore.

Um..no.

It's still the match-up between the world's two best football teams and that's always worth a watch especially since this was the deciding match for the Spanish championship.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    it loses its sense of occasion when it happens on average once every five weeks

• projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular

• CristoCristo Registered User regular

I completely agree

It'll only regain it's sense of grandeur again if it's in the CL Final

• DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    oldmanken wrote: »
    If they don't pull out at least a draw in this one, they need to sack Winter. Keep Mariner and bring in Nichol.

You think steve Nichol is ready to leave NE ? i mean hes a hell of a coach, and does amazing things with wha tlittle "support" the owners have for soccer there in NE.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• pslong9pslong9 Registered User regular
    Draeven wrote: »
    If they don't pull out at least a draw in this one, they need to sack Winter. Keep Mariner and bring in Nichol.

You think steve Nichol is ready to leave NE ? i mean hes a hell of a coach, and does amazing things with wha tlittle "support" the owners have for soccer there in NE.

He and his family probably don't want to leave Massachusetts (and I wouldn't blame them, it's a fantastic state), but Nicol would be available. He was fired by the Revs at the end of last season.

steam_sig.png

3DS FC: 0817-3759-2788
    Oh,god I'm an idiot...i completely forgot Jay Heaps took over as coach. Hell yeah , im surprised no other team picked him up hes a great coach.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    The Yankees and Red Sox are two star-laden baseball teams, but the fans of the other 28 teams get sick of seeing them play 18 times a year and a big deal made out of every single game, plus any playoff matchups between them, to the point where a lot of fans just end up wanting both of them to lose just for the sake of seeing someone else win for a change. Same deal here. You can only eat so much ice cream before you get sick of eating ice cream. You want to eat other things too.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    Draeven wrote: »
    Oh,god I'm an idiot...i completely forgot Jay Heaps took over as coach. Hell yeah , im surprised no other team picked him up hes a great coach.

Exactly... someone needs to give him a job. Paul Mariner is already at TFC, and it's no secret that the Revs got worse when Mariner left to take over at Plymouth in 2009. Nicol and Mariner are a pretty formidable coaching duo in MLS, so it just seems like a complete no-brainer to me.

toilet seat ? is that to say its a shit trophy ?

Eh, a great football is still a great football game, no matter how often it takes place and these two teams are among the best in the world so it's always bound to be entertaining, just like it was yesterday.

• Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    City is now three points behind United. Just two weeks ago it was eight points... goddamn, do I love this league.

kofz2amsvqm3.png
    I figured that might also be the case, but hey. I was just trying to be cheeky, Anyways, its a good season in the MLS fantasy league cause I'm actualy not in first by 50 pts and its actually our most active season with 7 people playing. !

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I'm doing pretty good in that league but I keep forgetting to set my lineups. Missed 10 points from Le Toux this week

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Fucking lol. Brisbane given a dodgy penalty in the 5th minute of 4 minutes injury time (for an airswing by an offside player) by a referee whose girlfriend works for Brisbane.

Meanwhile in a competition with neutral referees...

lol-1.jpg

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• 815165815165 Registered User regular
    On first viewing, I can see why the referee could have thought that was a penalty. He's got it wrong but it's understandable.

The forward is a cheating cunt for even calling for a penalty though and his celebration before it's even taken is so irritating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMr1g9cC68g

• either,oreither,or Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    What is the linesman doing there surely he would have seen there was no contact?

also, Italian ultras continued to be scary crazy this weekend. Lazio fans disgracing themselves (again) but even their racist/anti-semitic chanting (seriously, Italy, how is this still a thing that happens?) pales in comparison to what happened at Genoa.

http://youtu.be/uqsZkMSOWJI

edit: here's more

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/apr/23/genoa-ultras-match-suspension-serie-a

either,or on
    steam_sig.png
    3DS friend code: 4811-7214-5053
  • NODeNODe Registered User regular
    815165 wrote: »
    The forward is a cheating cunt for even calling for a penalty though and his celebration before it's even taken is so irritating.

What a tit.

Yeah Berisha has been an absolute cunt since he went to Brisbane, and presumably before but at least I didn't have to see it then.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

It should also be pointed out that shane smeltz was a fucking hero. Copped an elbow to the face a little over ten minutes in, got split open from his nose to his mouth. Got bandaged up and straight back on the pitch. Stitched up at half time, played through til the 70th. Had to go to the hospital and be booked in for plastic surgery straight after the presentations.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    And Rangers are now banned from signing anyone aged 19 or over for 12 months. Come the start of June, their players who have taken pay cuts to make sure the club can finish the season, either go back to full pay, or are allowed to leave.

It'll be interesting to see if anyone comes in to buy the club now (although quite why anyone would, I don't know).

PSN Fleety2009
  • Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    either,or wrote: »
    What is the linesman doing there surely he would have seen there was no contact?

also, Italian ultras continued to be scary crazy this weekend. Lazio fans disgracing themselves (again) but even their racist/anti-semitic chanting (seriously, Italy, how is this still a thing that happens?) pales in comparison to what happened at Genoa.

http://youtu.be/uqsZkMSOWJI

The two players who refused to take their shirts off (Giuseppe Sculli and Sebastien Frey) are legends.

edited April 2012
    Just realised today that AUFC's win last week makes them the first ever Australian team to beat every team in their group.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlysQy_E6Po

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4VLY1v9g5g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRz-mBbypkE

Didn't even manage that in 2008.

edit: wait, no, did it in 2010 too.

God, I'm going senile.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

Djite is back at Adelaide, right? Has he gotten any playing time?

Djite is back at Adelaide, right? Has he gotten any playing time?

A lot more since we sacked Coolen and got Kosmina back as coach. Had a bit of a goal drought that he ended last week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAVSDI_lbfE

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I'm hoping the scum get through tonight.

I'm hoping the scum get through tonight.

Which scum?

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• 815165815165 Registered User regular
    guys i am back from THE FUTURE!

chelsea advance after losing 2-1 tonight

also your children turn out to be assholes :(

• CristoCristo Registered User regular
    815165 wrote: »
    guys i am back from THE FUTURE!

chelsea advance after losing 2-1 tonight

also your children turn out to be assholes :(

But I got to sleep with Nina Agdal right?

• TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    I say 3-1 Barca.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
    So two injuries and a red card so far. Wonder what the odds were on a team losing by forfeit.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

See you fucking later Chelsea... thank god that cunt Terry won't ein a Champions League medal.

• TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Damn it they are back on top on away goal tiebreak. Cmon Barca!

PAD ID - 328,762,218
    Well..45 more minutes and Chelsea's in the final :P

Messi is going to have so much space in the second half...

• pslong9pslong9 Registered User regular
    This has been absolutely insane.

steam_sig.png

3DS FC: 0817-3759-2788
    holy shit Messi

This discussion has been closed.