As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Football/Soccer] Chamack to score 30 goals for West Ham

• evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Diving against 10 men. Stay classy Barca.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    SO many cards. CHelsea isn't gonna be able to field a team even if they move on at this rate.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    I'm hoping the scum get through tonight.

Which scum?

The English scum.

TORRES

• TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    Holy fuck. Chelsea in the finals? What the fuck happened to Barca?

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Holy fucking tits on a stick. That was insane. And fucking Torres scores the last goal? CRAZINESS.

• TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    AAARGH. QUite the upset. Well played Chelsea, even if it was a little chippy. They'll be out 3 people for the final though...

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Torres :shock: :lol:

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
    I hope the camera cuts to Messi crying.

• evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Lolololololololololol

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

Not gonna lie, I'm a bit turned on right now.

Looks like I'm not the only one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-P8pvOvYAM&feature=youtu.be

• AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    This is just ice fucking cold

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2X_5wMhIQc

ZD98Zka.png
  • CristoCristo Registered User regular
    Hahaha Geoff Shreeves fucking hell, cold as ice

• shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular

Looks like I'm not the only one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-P8pvOvYAM&feature=youtu.be

Wowsers. I've been a Chelsea fan for 15 years and even I didn't sound that excited for that goal. Gary Neville?? Gonna need a new pair of trousers, lad. o_O

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    The Euro 2012 DLC for Fifa is not something people should buy. It's kinda crappy.

530049_289444971137492_272063296208993_669585_913453292_n.jpg

c'mon bayern

• either,oreither,or Registered User regular
    pretty sure chelsea fans will be willing bayern on, at least that will almost even out the suspensions

steam_sig.png
    3DS friend code: 4811-7214-5053
    I just hate Spanish football

• themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    either,or wrote: »
    pretty sure chelsea fans will be willing bayern on, at least that will almost even out the suspensions

Final is in Munich though.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
    How aNEUERed is Ronaldo right now?

wakka wakka

• TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    Holy crap what a finish.

• GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    FIFPro: "We know six Bayern Munich and Chelsea players got fouls that knocked them out of the final, UEFA, but we'd really like you to let everybody get away with it."

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
    I actually agree that yellow card suspensions shouldn't rule you out of a final, but you can't change the rules mid-competition.

ZD98Zka.png
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    I actually agree that yellow card suspensions shouldn't rule you out of a final, but you can't change the rules mid-competition.

Totally this. Might be a thing to consider for next year.

• pslong9pslong9 Registered User regular
    I'm okay with yellow card suspensions ruling you out of a final, but the current yellow card suspension rules are ridiculous. The yellow cards add up from the start of the group stage, and you get a 1-game suspension after your 3rd yellow card. Then additional 1-game suspensions for every 2 yellow cards after that. So say you get 2 yellow cards in the first two group stage games, then play cleanly for the next 9 games, then get your 3rd yellow card in the 2nd leg of the semi-final, you end up sitting out the final. That's just stupid.

steam_sig.png

3DS FC: 0817-3759-2788
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    Is it the World Cup that has a rule of 'cards reset after the group stage but after that you're on your own'? Because that's the rule I would want to go with.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    Pep Guardiola will announce tomorrow whether he is staying with Barca... all signs thus far point to no.

Gosling wrote: »
    Is it the World Cup that has a rule of 'cards reset after the group stage but after that you're on your own'? Because that's the rule I would want to go with.

You have to play twice as many games after the groups in the Champion's League though. 2 yellows in 5 games would still put you on the edge in the last leg of the semi. And yellow cards are so easy to pick up now

ZD98Zka.png
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    oldmanken wrote: »
    Pep Guardiola will announce tomorrow whether he is staying with Barca... all signs thus far point to no.

This seems odd to me, even for Barca expecting silverware every year is a bit ridiculous considering the competition.

• themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    So is there a list somewhere of the suspensions?

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    IIRC Chelsea will be missing Terry, Ramires, Ivanovic and Meireles, Bayern will be missing Badstuber, their holding midfielder (whose name I think is Gustavo?), and their non-Lahm fullback. It now strikes me that I don't know Bayern's roster that well...

I'm glad it's Bayern and Chelsea actually. It'd be kind of boring if Barca just won it every goddamn year. Plus if Chelsea wins I look forward to the entire British press doing contortions to explain how it was that they totally knew Villas-Boas was gonna pull this off all along.

EDIT: haha I completely forgot that he'd already been sacked.

Yougottawanna on
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    IIRC Chelsea will be missing Terry, Ramires, Ivanovic and Meireles, Bayern will be missing Badstuber, their holding midfielder (whose name I think is Gustavo?), and their non-Lahm fullback. It now strikes me that I don't know Bayern's roster that well...

I'm glad it's Bayern and Chelsea actually. It'd be kind of boring if Barca just won it every goddamn year. Plus if Chelsea wins I look forward to the entire British press doing contortions to explain how it was that they totally knew Villas-Boas was gonna pull this off all along.

Luis Gustavo and Alaba are those two, I believe

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

Don't you DARE besmirch the name of my favorite-ever Chelsea player!

Sure, he's basically a figurehead right now, but I am eagerly awaiting the canonization of Roberto Di Matteo.

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    815165 wrote: »
    oldmanken wrote: »

This seems odd to me, even for Barca expecting silverware every year is a bit ridiculous considering the competition.

In a two team league, how can they not be expected to win silverware every season? :)

tumblr_m326bqxmcy1r3ssi0o1_400.gif

• Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »

Nah, I wouldn't change this. Keeps people on their toes. Someone fucks up and thus doesn't get into the final? Tough shit.

'course then you have diving and such, but still.

You're either going to have diving or you're going to have mugging. There isn't really an in-between when the stakes get high enough. Look what keeps happening in the World Cup final, when everybody is playing like it's the last game they'll ever play. You get headbutts. You get kung fu kicks to the chest. The threat of a booking barely slows them down.

• Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    Gosling wrote: »
    You're either going to have diving or you're going to have mugging. There isn't really an in-between when the stakes get high enough. Look what keeps happening in the World Cup final, when everybody is playing like it's the last game they'll ever play. You get headbutts. You get kung fu kicks to the chest. The threat of a booking barely slows them down.

Yeah, but that's the actual final, if you get carded in that, it really doesn't matter, because you've played in the final.

In the semi, you've got to be careful, if you want to play in the final.

This discussion has been closed.