As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Football/Soccer] Chamack to score 30 goals for West Ham

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Hah, Cissé celebrating with Nasri. Great.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Heartbroken,

• Options
    pots+panspots+pans Registered User regular
    Incredible.

• Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    Holy fuck!

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    QPR finally just buckled under relentless City pressure, but I'm still shocked they scored twice in stoppage time.

• Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    City best troll. Or is QPR best troll? They stay in the PL.

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    I should probably call my cousin and offer him condolences on that heartbreaking turn of events that befell Man U.

• Options
    I think that result just made my hangover worse.

• Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    Now just need Chelsea to win to keep spurs out of champions league =D

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    If Chelsea win Arsenal will have to go through qualifiers, right?

• Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    I think so. A double-edged sword.

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    either,oreither,or Registered User regular
    No if Chelsea win they take Tottenham's spot in the qualifying round, Arsenal are definitely in the group stage now.

I still can't believe what happened today.

steam_sig.png
    3DS friend code: 4811-7214-5053
  • Options
    either,or wrote: »
    No if Chelsea win they take Tottenham's spot in the qualifying round, Arsenal are definitely in the group stage now.

I still can't believe what happened today.

To be fair what happened was expected. It's just how it happened that was crazy.

― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    Both Chelsea and Bayern have been inconsistent this season. Bayern less so and they are home but they could totally fuck it up.

― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    Villa give the expected lifeless performance at Norwich.
    Aston Villa boss Alex McLeish: "It was an absolutely shocking, woeful display. Maybe some of the boys were thinking about their holidays already.

"That team needs a change and there will be change. That wasn't an Alex McLeish team today. We need to bring more quality into the squad.

"I take (the fans' booing) on my shoulders for the sake of the players, I agree with the fans' frustration about our display.

"I'm expecting the board to back me. I have no reason to think I won't be (Villa manager next season). We've got through a really tough season. I've won lots of trophies as a player and manager and I haven't turned into a bad manager overnight."

Muppet of the highest order. Villa fans weren't booing the players, they were booing you. You may have been able to tell by the fact that popular chants included "Sack McLeish", "You're getting sacked in the morning", and (humourously) "Paul Lambert's Claret and Blue Army".

• Options
    In other exciting news, The Bad Seeds held off Blackacre F.C. to take the Penny Arcade Fantasy Premier League double. Congrats!
    to me ;-)

― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    Well, of course he hasn't turned into a bad manager overnight. He's made a concerted, long-term commitment over many years to be the best worst manager he can possibly be.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    Now just need Chelsea to win to keep spurs out of champions league =D

No, we are not cheering for Chelsea to win. We want Bayern to win, and then Spurs not to make it through their CL qualifier... ties things up nicely.

• Options
    I can't help wanting Chelsea to win even though I hate them right now. On the other hand, Bastian Schweinsteiger has the best name in football and that's worth something.

― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    Schweinsteiger's name pales compared to Holger Badstuber...

• Options
    You know, I'm not entirely sure how I feel about City winning the title, but I know damn well I am happy seeing United lose it.

I just can't get over the fact that an utter money-grubbing cunt like Nasri has won something. Happy for Kolo, Clichy and Kompany though.

• Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    Yeaaaaaaaaaaah!

Although I'm not a huge fan of City, nice to see United lose it for a change. Now for Bayern Munich to win the Champions League final, and the only thing that'll annoy me this season is Chelsea winning the FA Cup.

• Options
    ProfsProfs Registered User regular
    Just watched the replay...HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EL APACHE!!!! GETTING DRUNK!!!!

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    oldmanken wrote: »

I'm partial to Papa Bouba Diop

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    oldmanken wrote: »

I must agree. Plus Badstuber's got a bit of a Bieber vibe.

― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    I constantly find myself saying Fresh Prince Boatang.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I forgot my favorite name ever

Vennegoor+of+Hesselink.jpg

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    0fBZH.jpg

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Somebody doesn't know how to spell 'invisible'.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

That name is the result of clergical confusion of what to do when someone belonged to two rich families.

I'm betting both of it is fairly hard to pronounce in English though.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    Joey Barton, tweeting in response to his being a dick:

"Can do nothing but apologise to the players and fans. Still don't think it is a sending off. Still not my proudest moment but who gives a f***. We are safe.

"The head was never gone at any stage. Once I'd been sent off, one of our players suggested I should try to take 1 of theirs with me. Never worked but god loves a trier. Think a few people are forgetting Tevez started the fracas by throwing a punch to the head.''

"No deflections here mate. Think the fact about 100m people seen it will see to that. Just don't like how he goes personal... Right enough about yesterday, I apologise to everyone offended by it. If that's not enough for some, so be it. Life is too short."

"Things happen on the pitch, in the heat of battle sometimes. Not how we always plan them to happen. For there are brighter sides to life and I should know because I seen them, but not very often...''

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    SanderJK wrote: »

That name is the result of clergical confusion of what to do when someone belonged to two rich families.

Like I know it's, to oversimplify it, just an old Dutch analog to hyphenating two last names, but for some bizarre reason using "or" gets me. Jan Vennegoor... or Hesselink. Whatever

and then it's almost a full circle around the back of the jersey...

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    As4PemGCIAAKOsw.jpg

Barton should have hit the bastard harder.

• Options

Like I know it's, to oversimplify it, just an old Dutch analog to hyphenating two last names, but for some bizarre reason using "or" gets me. Jan Vennegoor... or Hesselink. Whatever

It says "of"

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Tav wrote: »

It says "of"

I thought of was funny, originally, but after Googling him found out "of" is Dutch for "or"

"van" is "of", which explains why every Dutch person is named van Persie, van der Vaart, van Nistelrooy

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options

It says "of"

I thought of was funny, originally, but after Googling him found out "of" is Dutch for "or"
    Huh, that's weird. I'd always assumed that was just the name of the place he was from. The actual meaning is much funnier.

• Options
    Here's a dude who isn't scum

579683965.jpg?key=600400&Expires=1337031704&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=oF9x0663yifjbs5Nv3bygXUpaTTjgW~oJvdyplX29Ml5I5Fuvg5XaNsFm15c95GQ81XOlFvzGwk3fjszy6d5GNbs~DPHT7-Cew0L3J71sqx5ljifCoWklATqhoxRO4mosAYW-C156fL5fD5da1-qXKwg-hwZaMbc~DLWkwjrkc8_

also, Del Piero's voice wakes girl from coma.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular

It says "of"

Huh, that's weird. I'd always assumed that was just the name of the place he was from. The actual meaning is much funnier.

Yeah his name is 'from A or B' which is just nuts and pretty rare.
    Slightly less rare is nobility that have the equivalent of 'from A to B'

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    McLeish sacked from Aston Villa. Who's next?

This discussion has been closed.