As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Battlefield 3: Karkand is out and awesome. Join us in Mumble- Details in OP

13567100

Posts

  • TzenTzen Registered User regular
    So I see this game still crashes when joining servers and in between maps. Ahhh, good times...

  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    I remember the darker days of BF2's earlier life, where a fully-loaded Black(Sea) Hawks terrorized from the air with impunity. Miniguns that tore shit up like nothing, engineers to repair all damage in no time flat, and medics to keep everyone alive.

  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Air combat in BC2 did seem like a bit of an after thought tho. I know stingers are pretty much useless in BF3, but I would've given my left nut to at least freak out and lock-on harass apaches in BC2

  • jinkumabutajinkumabuta Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote:
    I thought it got patched out? Like you could no longer repair from inside the heli in BC2 after an update? Maybe I was mistaken.

    It just seems that all of a sudden people have either realised you could do it, or figured out a way to do it if you arent supposed to. Because it makes scout helis fucking impossible to take down on the console, as there arent enough ground to air dudes to take it on, and another scout heli without a repair guy doesnt stand a chance.

    It's possible. I haven't tried doing that in a while now, let alone after the big patch...
    But before, I remember very clearly getting doing nothing but repairing the wear and tear plus the occasional stinger hit on a blackhawk while the pilot flew around trying to cap nodes on firestorm for like 20 minutes, then jumping out expecting to have completely wasted my time save for the node capping points but instead having something like 10k and 35 repair ribbons. Then I tried again while pressing tab every few seconds to make sure it was indeed repair points.
    Knowing patch priority logic from the average fps dev, I could see this being silently taken out though.

  • AF-IXAF-IX (LGKAOS) Whiteman AFBRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I know (console) that you don't get jack-shit for repairing helicopters in-flight for BF3.

    One of my favorite tactics is to roll as engineer, spawn into a choppa, and keep it flying until the wheels fall off...or I get shot out.
    I've stayed in a chopper for entire rounds repairing the hell out of it...only to end up dead-last in points because of it.
    But the aerial-raping given was well worth it!

    Usually in scout-helis we can stay up in the air until a stinger hits the chopper on whatever side I'm on...killing me.
    With me out of the picture, the chopper is soon to crash & burn too.


    AF-IX on
  • MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    AF-IX wrote:
    I know (console) that you don't get jack-shit for repairing helicopters in-flight for BF3.

    One of my favorite tactics is to roll as engineer, spawn into a choppa, and keep it flying until the wheels fall off...or I get shot out.
    I've stayed in a chopper for entire rounds repairing the hell out of it...only to end up dead-last in points because of it.
    But the aerial-raping given was well worth it!

    Usually in scout-helis we can stay up in the air until a stinger hits the chopper on whatever side I'm on...killing me.
    With me out of the picture, the chopper is soon to crash & burn too.


    You are playing in the true spirit of the game.
    <3

    And I am also on the 360...We should kill mans together sometime.

    And so excited for Karkand!

    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • AF-IXAF-IX (LGKAOS) Whiteman AFBRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    How does that work though?
    I was added to the 82nd platoon on battlelog, and my 360-Live friend request was accepted.

    I see PA BF3 as a 'friend' on my list, but when I go to "compare games" it doesn't even show BF3 as having been played by that account.

    And I never see that 'friend' as online.
    So how do i go about playing with fellow PA mans on 360?

    AF-IX on
  • FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    AF-IX wrote:
    How does that work though?
    I was added to the 82nd platoon on battlelog, and my 360-Live friend request was accepted.

    I see PA BF3 as a 'friend' on my list, but when I go to "compare games" it doesn't even show BF3 as having been played by that account.

    And I never see that 'friend' as online.
    So how do i go about playing with fellow PA mans on 360?

    look at the friends of that PA BF3 friend, those will be all PA folks, just join the game of one of them.

    Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • AF-IXAF-IX (LGKAOS) Whiteman AFBRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Ahhh.
    Completely missed the tab at the top that read "Personal Profile". That's where the friends list is located.

    Good stuff, I see it now.
    Gracias.

    Edit: So...
    1. I'm online & on BF3 in the multiplayer menus.
    2. Pressed the big-ol Xbox button on the controller, & onto my friends-list.
    3. Selected the PA account, viewed it's friends-list, and I see who is online also playing BF3..

    It doesn't give me the option to jump into a game with selected player...so do I have to send them a friend-request first?
    If so, I'd have to do with every PA person I'd ever like to play with?

    AF-IX on
  • ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Damn it, I'll play some BC2 Vietnam.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95lB4yoU7YQ

    XBL - ArchSilversmith

    "We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU4HKW9nhi0

    Jesus fucking christ. I want to do that.

  • MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    AF-IX wrote:
    Ahhh.
    Completely missed the tab at the top that read "Personal Profile". That's where the friends list is located.

    Good stuff, I see it now.
    Gracias.

    Edit: So...
    1. I'm online & on BF3 in the multiplayer menus.
    2. Pressed the big-ol Xbox button on the controller, & onto my friends-list.
    3. Selected the PA account, viewed it's friends-list, and I see who is online also playing BF3..

    It doesn't give me the option to jump into a game with selected player...so do I have to send them a friend-request first?
    If so, I'd have to do with every PA person I'd ever like to play with?

    It could just be because the game they're in is full.

    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • AF-IXAF-IX (LGKAOS) Whiteman AFBRegistered User regular
    Ahhh.
    So normally if the server isn't full, it'll give me the option to join their game?

  • MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    AF-IX wrote:
    Ahhh.
    So normally if the server isn't full, it'll give me the option to join their game?

    Yeah, it should say "Join session in progress" with a pic of the X button if i'm not mistaken.

    Best to have the game open so that when you do join, the server doesn't fill while you wait for the game to load and than connect to the server.

    [fake edit]I recommend using the PA tag so that random PA people you may drop in on know where you are from and vice versa...You can add it in battlelog. Don't have to change your gamertag or anything.

    Mulletude on
    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    AN94 - why so terrible?

    Better question, why do I keep using it?

  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    emp123 wrote:
    AN94 - why so terrible?

    Better question, why do I keep using it?

    You've got the "I use shitty guns with cool names for no reason" disease.

    u4OkoEI.png
  • emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    emp123 wrote:
    AN94 - why so terrible?

    Better question, why do I keep using it?

    You've got the "I use shitty guns with cool names for no reason" disease.

    I think I have the "I have to star everything" disease. I fucking hate it, this gun fucking sucks. I bet the guy who designed it is related to the guy who thought USAS+frags was a good idea (Im thinking theyre evil twins?).

  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU4HKW9nhi0

    Jesus fucking christ. I want to do that.

    What the flying fuck....

    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • AF-IXAF-IX (LGKAOS) Whiteman AFBRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Mulletude wrote:
    AF-IX wrote:
    Ahhh.
    So normally if the server isn't full, it'll give me the option to join their game?

    Yeah, it should say "Join session in progress" with a pic of the X button if i'm not mistaken.

    Best to have the game open so that when you do join, the server doesn't fill while you wait for the game to load and than connect to the server.

    [fake edit]I recommend using the PA tag so that random PA people you may drop in on know where you are from and vice versa...You can add it in battlelog. Don't have to change your gamertag or anything.

    I don't see the option to join their game in progress. Been going back & forth between active players on the list.

    Only thing that changes is at the bottom of their profile description where it shows "online".

    It'll sometimes change to "online-joinable" but I don't see any option to select that would allow me to do so.

    Edit: finally saw the option. Selected it, failed to connect, sends you out of the options to start all over :(

    Re-Edit: finally connected. Fuuuuck...this must be what the PC players feel w/battlelog.

    AF-IX on
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    500 M98b kills.

    Fuck.

    Yes.

    wWuzwvJ.png
  • MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    AF-IX wrote:
    Mulletude wrote:
    AF-IX wrote:
    Ahhh.
    So normally if the server isn't full, it'll give me the option to join their game?

    Yeah, it should say "Join session in progress" with a pic of the X button if i'm not mistaken.

    Best to have the game open so that when you do join, the server doesn't fill while you wait for the game to load and than connect to the server.

    [fake edit]I recommend using the PA tag so that random PA people you may drop in on know where you are from and vice versa...You can add it in battlelog. Don't have to change your gamertag or anything.

    I don't see the option to join their game in progress. Been going back & forth between active players on the list.

    Only thing that changes is at the bottom of their profile description where it shows "online".

    It'll sometimes change to "online-joinable" but I don't see any option to select that would allow me to do so.

    Edit: finally saw the option. Selected it, failed to connect, sends you out of the options to start all over :(

    Re-Edit: finally connected. Fuuuuck...this must be what the PC players feel w/battlelog.

    You can add me as friend on Live if you like. I'm not always playing but alot of the time I end up in parties with other PA people you can just join if we're friends. Maybe go to battlelog and post and see if anyone wants to be friends on Live as well. Would be nice actually to clean up all the people I friended in the first week of BF3 who never play the game and only add people who are still playing.

    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote:
    500 M98b kills.

    Fuck.

    Yes.

    M98b so OP compared to other rifles. :( No fun using it.

    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • TzenTzen Registered User regular
    How come the PA servers are fucking empty on a Friday night?

  • MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Tzen wrote:
    How come the PA servers are fucking empty on a Friday night?

    I blame Skyrim

    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Tzen wrote:
    How come the PA servers are fucking empty on a Friday night?

    If people want to get it going, Im down to stop pubbin it up.

  • emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Woo, finally starred the AN94, which actually became semi decent when you get an actual scope (none of that 4x bullshit) about 60 kills in.

  • emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Im idling in the Dome if anybody wants to join me.

  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Just bought this on 360 since it was on sale for 35 bucks. Couldn't resist a 25 dollar discount on a new game I planned to buy anyways. Anyhoo I have to say the level of realism in this game is crazy. Loaded into my first game and it was like flipping the channel to CNN coverage of some poor war torn country. Is there any reason whatsoever to play the campaign other then the achievements?

    sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • AF-IXAF-IX (LGKAOS) Whiteman AFBRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    furlion wrote:
    Is there any reason whatsoever to play the campaign other then the achievements?

    A) If you ever feel like pulling your hair out for a bit at ridiculously accurate & difficult enemy AI, play on Hard.
    B) The 2nd level (though you won't get to actually fly it yourself)
    C) Gotta catch em' all (achievements)

    AF-IX on
  • ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    furlion wrote:
    Just bought this on 360 since it was on sale for 35 bucks. Couldn't resist a 25 dollar discount on a new game I planned to buy anyways. Anyhoo I have to say the level of realism in this game is crazy. Loaded into my first game and it was like flipping the channel to CNN coverage of some poor war torn country. Is there any reason whatsoever to play the campaign other then the achievements?

    Welcome to the sandbox. Join us in 82nd Arcadians in Battlelog.

    Add me and few other guys from here. I'm kinda random in what I play, there is some new Magic DLC, also Virtua Fighter and planning to get Skyrim.

    XBL - ArchSilversmith

    "We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote:
    Air combat in BC2 did seem like a bit of an after thought tho. I know stingers are pretty much useless in BF3, but I would've given my left nut to at least freak out and lock-on harass apaches in BC2

    You could! it was called using tracers and then laughing as the heli ran away.

    I kind of made this my mission on most of the rounds i played... once you got the tracer down it was abit ridiculous...

    1Gn4PNI.png
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    CorriganX wrote:
    TOGSolid wrote:
    500 M98b kills.

    Fuck.

    Yes.

    M98b so OP compared to other rifles. :( No fun using it.

    Eh, the m40 is quite good too. Sure it drops a bit more, but the bolt cycles way faster and while that doesn't matter for 99% of Recons (aka the bad ones), it matters for me cause I'm very aggressive and faster shots == faster dead bodies piling up.

    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Welp, I can tell the game is fun, but it's unfortunately unplayable for me. I perpetually get both of these when doing multiplayer (though co-op and the campaign worked fine):

    edit: and right as I post that, friend links me to new drivers that will supposedly fix the problem. Thanks ExAm.

    Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote:
    Eh, the m40 is quite good too. Sure it drops a bit more, but the bolt cycles way faster and while that doesn't matter for 99% of Recons (aka the bad ones), it matters for me cause I'm very aggressive and faster shots == faster dead bodies piling up.

    Yeah, but with the 'effective range' of other rifles being 1000, a rifle with a 1200 range has such a huge difference in bulletdrop and travel speed, it makes hitting targets effectively so much easier. Believe me, as someone who used the M40 a LOT, the difference at long distances was apparent the minute I fired a few test shots.

    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • TheExAmTheExAm Gerrymandered your districts Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote:
    Welp, I can tell the game is fun, but it's unfortunately unplayable for me. I perpetually get both of these when doing multiplayer (though co-op and the campaign worked fine):

    edit: and right as I post that, friend links me to new drivers that will supposedly fix the problem. Thanks ExAm.
    Make sure to test Caspian again, that seemed to be the worst offender d:

    6Jx6HOg.png
    Battlemans: DiscoCabbage | Elite: Dangerous: Aleksandr Khabaj
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    Those kind of graphical glitches always scare the shit out of me.

    u4OkoEI.png
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    I was getting those same artifacts with my 560ti SLI setup. It only seemed to happen on Caspian and Firestorm though. It has not happened for me since I updated my Video drivers a few weeks ago, though.

    Also, make sure you are using a pretty aggressive fan profile for your video card. BF3 can really put some strain on the card and if you can avoid running it at 80c for hours on end, it will greatly improve it's life expectancy.

  • SlimceaSlimcea Registered User regular
    Wait.. engineers can repair the helis while under fire? That plain sucks, given that all the anti-air weapons (Stingers, RPGs) already suck like hell against anything flying.

    I simply can't see the rationale for it... but I guess that it belongs in the same region of logic as silenced MGs (another WTF) and MAV roadkills...

    steam_sig.png
  • MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Is there someone from here with the 360 tag LGKAOS??

    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL8G5pBZ5CI

    I wish this song played while you drive a growler or a humvee. Damn, Vietnam is not the same.

    Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

    "We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
Sign In or Register to comment.