As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I'm gonna be in Portland, OR this weekend. Anybody there?

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Geek don't drink.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    I'm about half an hour from Portland! But I'm super new to the area and don't know good places to go in the city, yet. Still, if something is happening I will be down to attend.

• Options
    DavidStarskyDavidStarsky The fiery red Torino sped in to the street... and we spilled into action.Registered User regular
    And now Geek's doing battle

with a panda from Seattle

• Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    Reginald wrote:
    I am down for hanging out one night, Geek, if'n we can get a couple more it'd be cool.

Maybe hitting Ground kontrol or getting some food/donuts. Lemme know. Just so you know I don't really drink, but I play a mean game of pool.

I, too, would be ok with this.

• Options
    OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    I'm still in Portland, and if you like beer, there's the holiday ale fest this weekend which I will be attending most days of

I also highly recommend to drop by a little restaurant called Pacific Pie Co. because holy shit they make the most satisfying meat and dessert pies

• Options
    OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    Makershot wrote:
    You can drink at strip clubs in Portland.

I nominate going to a strip club.

If you go to a strip club it has to be the Acropolis because not only do they have full nudity and like fifty beers on tap but they have cheap delicious steak

the owner owns his own cattle so you can get a filet mignon for goddamn ten bucks and it's GLORIOUS

• Options
    MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    I only go to strip clubs with breakfast buffets

sig1.jpg
  • Options
    IloveslimesIloveslimes Everett, WARegistered User regular
    There's also a geek craft fair in Lynnwood this weekend. Same group it looks like.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Let's see, so we've got @Reginald, @Fire Truck, and @Okami.

All of you PM me your phone numbers.

Checking out this Ground Kontrol placce sounds like a good plan.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Ground Kontrol is one of my favorite places in Portland

they remodeled a bit ago so that they could serve food and liquor on top of beer

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I really do need to go visit a dear friend in Portland.

Also need to check out that Ground Kontrol place.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    Okami wrote:
    Ground Kontrol is one of my favorite places in Portland

they remodeled a bit ago so that they could serve food and liquor on top of beer

that sounds messy

• Options
    I haven't actually been able to make it down since they remodeled, but I'm sure they took whatever measures they needed to to prevent things from becoming a sticky mess.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    The ground kontrol remodel actually works really well because now there's a place for everybody who's not playing games to actually sit/stand and drink/chat, without getting in the way of everybody trying to settle a years-old blood feud by way of NBA Jam.

I live in portland but unfortunately, I'm not going to be there for a chunk of this weekend.

Acropolis is okay but it's way out of the way of basically everything else that's fun. On the other hand you can drive down there and get a cheap steak/ribs lunch and be creeped out by hilariously indifferent strippers.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    every time I've gone I've met some pretty friendly, even cute strippers

maybe it's because I'm usually the only girl sitting there and they see it as a good opportunity to get more tips from the crowd if they favor me, not that I mind of course

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I usually only stop by Ground Kontrol to take a top score on Street Fighter Alpha 3. Maybe SF2 or Third Strike or MvC2 afterward. Too out-of-practice to do as much on the DDR as I used to be able to.

But while in Portland, be sure to leave Portland to go to Beaverton. Just hop on the MAX, go west, and browse around the half-dozen or so Korean restaurants within walking distance of the transit center.

Or do what I did that one time and walk from Portland to Beaverton. Makes the food tastier by the time you get there.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    SwillSwill Registered User regular
    nah

• Options
    IloveslimesIloveslimes Everett, WARegistered User regular
    This is the one in Lynnwood for anyone up in Seattle.
    http://www.sbcharities.org/events/geekfest

• Options
    As far as Portland shit goes my favorite is Sassy's.

Oh shit they have the hottest strippers.

• Options
    but Sabre

beaverton

• Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    Swill wrote:
    nah

Hi

you wanna hang sometime this week?

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Okami wrote:
    but Sabre

beaverton

It's where I live now.

It's not that exciting.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Aphostile wrote:
    Okami wrote:
    but Sabre

beaverton

It's where I live now.

It's not that exciting.

It isn't? I hadn't really noticed. Or noticed Portland itself being that exciting either.

Or noticed what "exciting" means in this context.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Portland is where young people go to retire.

• Options
    yes I stole that from a Portlandia skit

I am not ashamed.

• Options
    Aphostile wrote:
    Okami wrote:
    but Sabre

beaverton

It's where I live now.

It's not that exciting.

exactly

the only time I'm ever in Beaverton is to go to the Gustav's

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Beaverton has a Fred Meyer and a Powell's. How much more exciting does it need to be?

SabreMau on
  • Options
    Portland has two Powell's (regular and technical) and there's a freddie's right next to me :P

• Options
    I can think of three Powell's...

The one out in Beaverton, that's part of the mall. The one downtown (the one most people think of and I'm considering both buildings the same one). The one in the airport, which doesn't really count.

To be honest Sabre I actually enjoy living out in Beaverton way more than downtown, downtown was a hassle and honestly could never really relax and just walk outside for some unwinding. I walk outside my apartment now and hear crickets and no cars.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    I've never actually lived downtown, just the residential area by Lloyd Center. It's fairly quiet, though probably not as quiet as Beaverton.

• Options
    Okami wrote:
    Portland has two Powell's (regular and technical) and there's a freddie's right next to me :P

The tech shop has all kinds of neat stuff if you like reading about how things work.

• Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    Aphostile wrote:
    I can think of three Powell's...

The one out in Beaverton, that's part of the mall. The one downtown (the one most people think of and I'm considering both buildings the same one). The one in the airport, which doesn't really count.

To be honest Sabre I actually enjoy living out in Beaverton way more than downtown, downtown was a hassle and honestly could never really relax and just walk outside for some unwinding. I walk outside my apartment now and hear crickets and no cars.

what about hawthorne?

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    I'm not actually right downtown, I'm about ten minutes outside of it in the SW neighborhood, it's a pretty nice little area and close to everything I want to be near

also I just remembered the little Powell's on Hawthorne

• Options
    Weaver wrote:
    Okami wrote:

The tech shop has all kinds of neat stuff if you like reading about how things work.

Back when the tech shop was in its old location, it also used to have a bookstore cat.

• Options
    TLHTLH Registered User regular
    I'm living in Portland at the moment. We can hang out unless I am working. Actually, we can hang out even if I'm working. People who do not do what I do tend to think what I do is super exciting. You can come see how incorrect that is!

• Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    Hey I live here.

• Options
    SabreMau wrote:
    Weaver wrote:
    Okami wrote:

Back when the tech shop was in its old location, it also used to have a bookstore cat.

Used bookstore a few blocks down the road here has a bunch of cats. Also in the summer the apartment upstairs opens their windows and their husky just props his head out of the window and watches people walk by.

• Options
    The used book store down in Corvallis also had a cat when I was attending classes over that way. Cats just like the smell of secondhand books, I guess.

• Options
    All you Portland people who say you live here, let's grab a beer, just not this weekend that Geek is here because I won't be. I am looking for beer drinking people.

Also @Tonkka when are you coming down here already? You understand my need for beer/Rumpleminze shots

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    SabreMau wrote:
    The used book store down in Corvallis also had a cat when I was attending classes over that way. Cats just like the smell of secondhand books, I guess.

Last I heard they quit having the cat hang around because people apparently were harassing it :(

UmPiq.png