As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I'm gonna be in Portland, OR this weekend. Anybody there?

13»

• Options
    OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    Aphostile wrote:
    All you Portland people who say you live here, let's grab a beer, just not this weekend that Geek is here because I won't be. I am looking for beer drinking people.

Also @Tonkka when are you coming down here already? You understand my need for beer/Rumpleminze shots

As a Portlander, I do love me some good beer.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    But I'm also Portlander and I don't get beer. It doesn't get me. I consider Snapple a more comfortable refuge.

This does end up cutting down on the amount of establishments I frequent around here.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    TLHTLH Registered User regular
    SabreMau wrote:
    But I'm also Portlander and I don't get beer. It doesn't get me. I consider Snapple a more comfortable refuge.

This does end up cutting down on the amount of establishments I frequent around here.

I assume this cuts out liquor too? I'm more of a liquor man than a beer guy.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Pretty much. I've had (very) small amounts of wine or soju on certain and specific rare occasions, but overall I spend my beverage budget on soft drinks with a more efficient ounces-per-dollar rating.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Okami wrote:
    but Sabre

beaverton

watch it, buddy

I grew up in Beaverton!

• Options
    TLHTLH Registered User regular
    Oh also, Sabre, I'm comfortable assuming that's not your real name, but FB recommended someone to me, whose name was spelled almost exactly as yours is here. We had mutual friends in Portland. I thought that was weird. And now you can too.

• Options
    OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Okami wrote:
    but Sabre

beaverton

watch it, buddy

I grew up in Beaverton!

honestly it's become more of a joke between a small group of friends that beaverton is awful because our friend's awful ex/boyfriend came from beaverton

Okami on
  • Options
    InvisibleInkInvisibleInk Po,OrRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I'm a transplant from the east coast, living in Beaverton for the last 10 years.
    I really don't know Portland at all I'm sad to say. In fact, because of my job I actually spend most of my time out in Hillsboro. and i'm not talking about the Intel Campus.
    It kinda sucks (Hillsboro I mean, Beaverton is nice. I'm frequent shopper at Gametrader, next to Powells.)
    Still way better than upstate NY, of course.

InvisibleInk on
    3DS-3995-6602-5217
    NNID-InvisibleInk
  • Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Portland is for beer drinkers. It sucks for more civilized men.

My gripe about beer is that it's so ubiquitous that better drinks, such as mead and cider, are considered "specialty" drinks, and thus are far too expensive. Hell, I once ordered a cider from McMenamin's and got half a wineglass for like four bucks. Mead, the drink of discerning vikings everywhere, comes in wine bottles with flowers and crap on them!

Also, my gripe about beer is that it makes me feel like I have to throw up after half a glass. Eight Long Islands? No problem. One beer? GLRRRRRRGH.

Madpoet on
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    You people who don't like beer: you broken, man.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    @Aphostile It's kinda difficult to sell this car right in the middle of the holiday season.

But I'm trying.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Tonkka wrote:
    @Aphostile It's kinda difficult to sell this car right in the middle of the holiday season.

But I'm trying.

Well that is the worst.

I am adding you on the bookface to keep better tabs on your car selling.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    Madpoet wrote:
    Portland is for beer drinkers. It sucks for more civilized men.

My gripe about beer is that it's so ubiquitous that better drinks, such as mead and cider, are considered "specialty" drinks, and thus are far too expensive. Hell, I once ordered a cider from McMenamin's and got half a wineglass for like four bucks. Mead, the drink of discerning vikings everywhere, comes in wine bottles with flowers and crap on them!

Also, my gripe about beer is that it makes me feel like I have to throw up after half a glass. Eight Long Islands? No problem. One beer? GLRRRRRRGH.

maybe you're just not drinking the right beer or just aren't a beer person at all

I'll have this reaction if I'm drinking a beer I find bad, but if I find something I like then I can pretty much drink until I drop without feeling barfy

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I am especially sensitive to bitter tastes. I think significantly so than the average person. Coffee and alcohol are very bitter tastes, so I prett much can't stand them. Even mochas or whatevs where people are all, "You can't taste the coffee in this because of all the chocolate and stuff." I can quite distinctly taste the coffee and my taste buds just cannot deal with it for whatever reason. I even tried a little sample of some kinda peppermint mocha thing just a few days ago, just to see if it was still and issue. Practically gagged on the first little sip because it still tastes like friggin' coffee.

Until PAX this year, I'd never tasted an alcoholic beverage where the taste of the alcohol didn't overpower the rest of the flavor.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    So. Was anybody there in the weekend?

• Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    Yeah! @The Geek , @Reginald and I hung out most of Saturday. Did Voodoo Doughnuts, Saturday Market, Ground Kontrol, and his lady's craft fair.

I was supposed to meet up with him for more video games Sunday but I am terrible and did not.

It was a good time!

Also @Aphostile I am always down to drink good beer.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    It was indeed good times. The arcade is quite nice. Lots of good old games and lots of great pinball. They squeeze quite a bit into a small space without it feeling super cramped. Probably feels more squished at night when it opens up for food and booze, though.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    ReginaldReginald When I am Pres., I will create the Department of ______Registered User regular
    Just reading this now. It was nice meeting you @The Geek and @Fire Truck. If anyone wants to hang, let me know. I live in the Beavertron too, but spend a lot of time in SE PDX.