As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fantasy Signups Now Open [BASKETBALL]

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I used to own a bunch of jersey's in high school. I got into collecting them for awhile.

I had 4 different Shawn Kemp jerseys (old Sonics green, old Sonics white, new Sonics green, and Team USA)
    Had a old green Gary Payton
    Had a red Detroit Pistons Grant Hill
    Baby blue Orlando Shaq
    Baby blue Orlando Penny Hardaway
    Red Washington Bullets Calbert Cheaney
    Dark Blue Denver Nuggets Rodney Rogers
    Purple Lakers Nick Van Exel
    Milwaukee Bucks Glen Robinson
    Blue Timberwolves Kevin Garnett
    Blueish-Green Mavericks Jamal Mashburn

• Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    jackisreal wrote: »
    Yeah, I think the Mavs are being a bit underrated. Their key pieces are pretty old, but I feel like they can still take it to another level come playoff time. Like...Jason Kidd is still someone I think of as a re-animated corpse most of the time, but in big moments I know he can make a clutch steal or a 3.

If OKC keeps their foot on the gas pedal the whole time I still think they'll beat Dallas, but if they let the games get close down the stretch? Anything can happen!
    Not having Chandleris going to be the sdifference maker for the Macs this playoffs.

well they've been a better defensive team this year than they were last year despite getting rid of him so i don't really think so. they match up slightly worse with the lakers now, but their group of centers has been playing great.

• Options
    weather man bobweather man bob El Heffer Assholeville USARegistered User regular
    Chandler had a lot of heart, which guys respond to when they seem someone putting up effort, and you can't replace that. Plus the spurs will mow tthen down if they get in the way.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    The Knicks have made Glen Grunwald the executive VP and removed the interim tag from his GM title. Grunwald acquired Chandler, signed Baron Davis, Steve Novak, and JR Smith, and Jeremy Lin of course. So glad Dolan didn't screw this up.

• Options
    Chandler had a lot of heart, which guys respond to when they seem someone putting up effort, and you can't replace that. Plus the spurs will mow tthen down if they get in the way.

i'm not convinced you've watched a mavs game this year

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    bomani jones says the spurs are too young to do well in the playoffs now

last year it was they were too old

fuck. off.

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    If we're talking about defense and rebounding (which is what Chandler mostly did for the Mavs) they've actually improved those numbers from last season. They aren't as explosive as they were offensively though, but we all know what wins championships.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Also if Chandler doesn't get defensive player of the year it is a travesty.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    shawn marion should be a contender

the man can lay shut down defense on four positions on the court

the way he's stepped his game up (and to a lesser extent the addition of delonte west) is why the mavs are better defensively now than they were with chandler. what's especially impressive about that is chandler's departure has meant those minutes have been going to mahinmi and wright, neither of whom are exactly defensive studs.

satansfingers on
  • Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    tough for a perimeter defender to win it though

only artest (once) and payton (once) since jordan in 87-88

think chandler's pretty much a lock

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    jesus this celtics-heat game is so bad

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    weather man bobweather man bob El Heffer Assholeville USARegistered User regular

Only when the spurs play them, and I know that isn't enough to base my opinions on, but I saw what chandler did for them in the playoffs last year, and I think that will be hard to replace.

• Options
    bomani jones says the spurs are too young to do well in the playoffs now

last year it was they were too old

fuck. off.

Everyone loves to hate the Spurs.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Metta World Peace suspended 7 games.

I thought it was going to be a lot worse.

Xehalus on
  • Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    It shoulda been worse.

And everyone loves to hate the Spurs because there's almost nothing to hate on the team except for "Flopobili"

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    popovich is kind of hateable

also i still have a lot of residual hatred for bruce bowen and robert horry

• Options
    How is pop hateable? Because he refuses to answer basic questions from reporters?

Ok yeah I can see some of the Bowen hate. Some people would say he was on the edge of dirty.

• Options
    The media needs a puppet to spin their stories off of and the Spurs have always done their best to avoid that situation.

It's ironic how not having a media circus around them has hurt their "legacy".

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Syphyre wrote: »
    How is pop hateable? Because he refuses to answer basic questions from reporters?

Ok yeah I can see some of the Bowen hate. Some people would say he was on the edge of dirty.

because of his vaguely incestuous interactions with his players

• Options

Only when the spurs play them, and I know that isn't enough to base my opinions on, but I saw what chandler did for them in the playoffs last year, and I think that will be hard to replace.

it wasn't

he's been replaced

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    And everyone loves to hate the Spurs because there's almost nothing to hate on the team except for "Flopobili"

I'd go more with "they're too good and they beat us all the time" as a reason.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    SabreMau wrote: »

I'd go more with "they're too good and they beat us all the time" as a reason.

In fact if anything, I hate the spurs because they don't win enough.

weather man bob on
  • Options
    how the fuck can you hate pop?

• Options
    Not only will Duncan, Parker, Ginobili miss the last two regular season games, so will Pop.

• Options
    sometimes sports fans just gotta hate a guy

that's how liking sports works

• Options
  • Options
    balerbowerbalerbower Registered User regular
    nobody hates the spurs. just a lot of bball fans don't really pay attention to them because they lack drama and superstar egos. i'm one of those fans. i love my NBA drama. i love when dudes get heated and show some character. spurs are a great bball team. they're just kinda boring to watch.

• Options

This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen.

That being said, Steve Nash is one of the most stand up guys in BB ever. You can't hate this guy, ever.

• Options
    And he didn't sue Shaq for stealing his idea for a TV show (Shaq Vs was something Nash told Shaq he wanted to do when they were teammates in Phoenix)

Instead, Shaq made him an executive producer or something.

• Options
    Not having drama, superstar egos, or exciting-to-watch-ness? Eh.

Having a .905 winning percentage against us in the AT&T Center, with 1.000 in playoff play? Ow.

• Options
    balerbower wrote: »
    nobody hates the spurs. just a lot of bball fans don't really pay attention to them because they lack drama and superstar egos. i'm one of those fans. i love my NBA drama. i love when dudes get heated and show some character. spurs are a great bball team. they're just kinda boring to watch.

Sounds like your typical non spurs fan.

• Options

That being said, Steve Nash is one of the most stand up guys in BB ever. You can't hate this guy, ever.

unless you're bruce bowen and you feel like kneeing him in the testicles

• Options

unless you're bruce bowen and you feel like kneeing him in the testicles

As a Spurs fan, even I felt the need to apologize for that one. Though I thought that was Horry? Or did he give Nash a bloody nose? Man no wonder Suns don't like Spurs.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    And he didn't sue Shaq for stealing his idea for a TV show (Shaq Vs was something Nash told Shaq he wanted to do when they were teammates in Phoenix)

No. A newspaper reported that O'Neal's idea was inspired by one of Nash's. Nash never confirmed the story or accused Shaq publicly.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    This is the one that comes to mind when I think Bruce Bowen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edb6bz_C9ms

Also, how quickly are they going to announce the weekend playoff schedule? Immediately after the last Thursday night game ends or wait several hours and release them Friday morning?

SabreMau on
  • Options
    Butters wrote: »
    Goose! wrote: »

No. A newspaper reported that O'Neal's idea was inspired by one of Nash's. Nash never confirmed the story or accused Shaq publicly.

LeJZY.jpg

• Options
    how about that?

spurs bench defeats the suns

• Options
    Tied after 3 quarters, and Nash doesn't play in the 4th except for this sequence.

b0ZKh.jpg

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Kobe is sitting out so Kevin Durant wins the scoring title.

This discussion has been closed.