As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] [CHAT] Thread. Female Panderen Revealed. Yiffing already?

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Poketpixie wrote:
    Warlock82 wrote:
    forty wrote:
    SabreMau wrote:
    That's a lot of bloods up at the end. Also a lot of mages and rogues.
    "Why would anyone bring pure DPS classes anymore? Without the hybrid tax, pure classes are worthless!"

To be fair, they did buff the shit out of rogues this patch, esp. in Dragon Soul. Also a tiny percentage of mages are likely to have Dragonwrath.

I haven't seen their armories, but in a top tier guild I suspect it's more than a tiny percent. Especially since the different steps can be done in parallel.

Edit: Ok, I looked at their armories (thanks MMO Champ! :P). EVERY SINGLE ONE has Dragonwrath. So yeah...

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Buddies wrote:
    Nobody wrote:
    Zython wrote:
    ToddJewell wrote:
    We got one plate off of DWing, but our healers are going OOM fast. Any tips?

We are killing all corruptions, barrel rolling, then killing one and getting the amalg down in health, then killing 9 bloods on it.

Pacing. Healers don't need to heal through searing plasma right away, as raid damage is fairly low until 9 stacks on the amalgamation. Have them use more efficient heals on those people.

Edit: Also, what exactly IS the spirit link totem trick KIN was talking about?

IIRC it involves the healing from the redistribution of health under SLT breaking searing plasma.

Yea, since searing plasma absorbs healing the SLT keeps pumping health to them trying to equalize everyone's health. It does so much healing to those people so fast it essentialy just removes the debuff.

it's really handy right as you roll him, since tentacles have probably given plasma to 4-5 people at that point

it really just helps you heal up the damage a little bit more efficiently, though

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Jars wrote:
    so 50/50 split in raid makeup
    Or stacking pures for DPS.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    which still only amounts to a 50/50 raid split

• Options
    50/50 raid split among a 40/60 class split.

• Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Poketpixie wrote:
    Deleting the WTF folder should do it. That's where all those various settings are stored. If it's pulling those settings from somewhere else then I dunno.
    Well I hoped a completely new install was even more of a fresh start than that... but I did just try deleting WTF, all add-ons, and caches. Nope, console variables are definitely still all modified. Fucking hell.

EDIT:
    Meh. The non-camera stuff is rare and random enough I think they're just bugs. Gonna remove all the camera crap from some config files and see how that goes. *Shakes fist*

Monsty on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Awesome. Grabbed the raid finder tier 13 headpiece for my DK and the Backbreaker Spaulders.
    Forgot how much for my DK is.

• Options
    If you play a Conquerer or Protector token class, you should queue with me for Raid Finder.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    forty wrote:
    If you play a Conquerer or Protector token class, you should queue with me for Raid Finder.

The last time I was in LFR, about 2/3 of the classes in there were on the conq token. It was...interesting trying to win pieces.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    forty wrote:

Last few times I did LFR the tokens were like 90% vanquisher. No jokes.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I keep getting screwed in LFR by jackasses winning two of the same token. Just happened again yesterday with the chestpiece. I wish Blizzard would fix that shit.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I'd complain about the ability to win double loot, but the only 2 items I've gotten from LFR thus far are because I won double loot off spine one time, so :bz

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Last time I won double loot, it was two of the off-tier agi leather shoulders on my druid. Me being the nice guy that I am, gave the second one to the rogue who had also rolled.

Nobody on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    The only time I ever won double loot was on my shaman with 2 leg tokens. I was there as enh and have been gearing up resto. I felt a little bad for a second, then people were being such dicks about it, people who wouldn't have won the roll anyway demanding that I give it to them or they'd report me and such.

I just kept them because I'm using them. If even one person had sent me a tell that was reasoned, something like "hey, I was second high roll, any chance I could..." or whatever, I would have been more amicable. But every tell was "hey fucker, don't ninja loot, give one to me".

Because yeah...I totally rigged it so I'd win both rolls. Yep. I did it to be a dick. No one else rolled on both items. Nope. :eyeroll:

As many things as I've had actually ninja'd since 4.3 I get it. It sucks. And I'm not trying to be an ass by having some random numbers show up in my favor for gear I can and will use. When multi-spec classes win multiple peices I am usually fine with it unless they were some like 8k dps person. It's when some hunter wins two of the polearms off Madness or something that I get frustrated. Or a fury warrior with two gurgtraks winning another. Shit like that. That is broken, that needs fixed.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Nobody wrote:
    Last time I won double loot, it was two of the off-tier agi leather shoulders on my druid. Me being the nice guy that I am, gave the second one to the rogue who had also rolled.
    Hah, that sounds like last night on my druid, except a little differently. Two of those shoulders dropped. I'm in there as resto, so it's just an offspec roll for me, but it would be a nice upgrade over the 371 season 10 PvP shoulders I had for that slot. The two rogues roll need. One guy wins both. I inspect him, and he's using the RF T13 shoulders, so chances are he'll never even use those off-set shoulders anyway. I tell him my offspec is feral and ask if he'll give one to me. He tells me he gave one of them to the other rogue who rolled need. I inspect the other rogue. He already has those god damn shoulders. I ask rogue #2 if he'll give me the ones the other rogue gave him since he already has them. He says something like, "get back with me after Hagara," which, if you have an Asshole->English translator, means "maybe I'll trade them to you if you win something I want and give me that in exchange." After Hagara, he didn't say anything and left as soon as the roll for the agi ring(?) finished.

Fuck this game, fuck everyone in it, and give me Diablo 3 style loot in every online RPG ever made from now on.

forty on
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    forty wrote:
    Nobody wrote:
    Hah, that sounds like last night on my druid, except a little differently. Two of those shoulders dropped. I'm in there as resto, so it's just an offspec roll for me, but it would be a nice upgrade over the 371 season 10 PvP shoulders I had for that slot. The two rogues roll need. One guy wins both. I inspect him, and he's using the RF T13 shoulders, so chances are he'll never even use those off-set shoulders anyway. I tell him my offspec is feral and ask if he'll give one to me. He tells me he gave one of them to the other rogue who rolled need. I inspect the other rogue. He already has those god damn shoulders. I ask rogue #2 if he'll give me the ones the other rogue gave him since he already has them. He says something like, "get back with me after Hagara," which, if you have an Asshole->English translator, means "maybe I'll trade them to you if you win something I want and give me that in exchange." After Hagara, he didn't say anything and left as soon as the roll for the agi ring(?) finished.

Fuck this game, fuck everyone in it, and give me Diablo 3 style loot in every online RPG ever made from now on.

The off-tier agility leather shoulders are actually better than the T13 ones.

• Options
    Esh wrote:
    forty wrote:
    Nobody wrote:

The off-tier agility leather shoulders are actually better than the T13 ones.
    Only slightly, due to a better secondary stat, but that's only if replacing them isn't knocking you out of a set bonus.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    The only time I ever won double loot was on my shaman with 2 leg tokens. I was there as enh and have been gearing up resto. I felt a little bad for a second, then people were being such dicks about it, people who wouldn't have won the roll anyway demanding that I give it to them or they'd report me and such.

I just kept them because I'm using them. If even one person had sent me a tell that was reasoned, something like "hey, I was second high roll, any chance I could..." or whatever, I would have been more amicable. But every tell was "hey fucker, don't ninja loot, give one to me".

Because yeah...I totally rigged it so I'd win both rolls. Yep. I did it to be a dick. No one else rolled on both items. Nope. :eyeroll:

As many things as I've had actually ninja'd since 4.3 I get it. It sucks. And I'm not trying to be an ass by having some random numbers show up in my favor for gear I can and will use. When multi-spec classes win multiple peices I am usually fine with it unless they were some like 8k dps person. It's when some hunter wins two of the polearms off Madness or something that I get frustrated. Or a fury warrior with two gurgtraks winning another. Shit like that. That is broken, that needs fixed.

I'm almost positive that if I go back through the last 20 pages of thread, I can find a post from you lambasting some dude who won two of the same token.

but I don't feel like bothering and I guess there's a small chance I might be incorrect

I'm honestly not sure how people come to get so goddamn worked up over LFR. Like, I get that resolving loot in a pug 25 man is a mess and that /roll is really the only workable system in LFR, and I get that there's a pretty much unending stream of assholes who are willing to fill up raids. But on the few occasions I've run LFR, I go into it knowing that and just assuming I have, at best, a 1/15 or so chance of winning anything I want (if it even drops), and I don't get worked up about it when I don't.

I suspect this is why I've run LFR about four times total. It has that particularly toxic combination of being both boring and likely to make me angry.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I'm still just going to run it every week because I don't do regularly scheduled raids and I've still got eight slots that can be upgraded from 378 to 384, including weapon which Valor Points don't offer a 397 upgrade for.

Same reason I PUG a BH run each week even though what I want almost never drops and when it does the other tankadin wins the roll.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    Look, if Blizzard would just bestow my resto druid the 390 Madness healing weapon that he rightfully deserves, I probably wouldn't even be doing RF on him.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular

I'm almost positive that if I go back through the last 20 pages of thread, I can find a post from you lambasting some dude who won two of the same token.

but I don't feel like bothering and I guess there's a small chance I might be incorrect

I'm honestly not sure how people come to get so goddamn worked up over LFR. Like, I get that resolving loot in a pug 25 man is a mess and that /roll is really the only workable system in LFR, and I get that there's a pretty much unending stream of assholes who are willing to fill up raids. But on the few occasions I've run LFR, I go into it knowing that and just assuming I have, at best, a 1/15 or so chance of winning anything I want (if it even drops), and I don't get worked up about it when I don't.

I suspect this is why I've run LFR about four times total. It has that particularly toxic combination of being both boring and likely to make me angry.

I feel like you didn't even read what I posted. At all. You just saw I mentioned I once won two tokens and just wanted to pitch a fit at me about something I apparently did to you at some point, when I don't even know you.

As I said, I would have given up the second token if every person who said anything about it wasn't being a self entitled shithead demanding it when they wouldn't have won it anyway. But no one was reasonable. Everyone treated me like the devil when I had nothing to do with the fact that I won both rolls, rolls that everyone that could needed on both.

And Yeah, I've gone off about people winning two of something, but again, as I said in the fucking post you chose not to read, its people who won two items they literally can't use, or another of an item they already have two of (when they can even use two). I've gone off about people rolling need on the tanking shoulders (not tier) when they actually have tier of tanking shoulders, of the actual raid, not LFR, and they literally have no use for those shoulders except to be dicks. I've gone off about hunters needing the bow off of Madness when they already had the bow.

But someone that is doing their job, not pulling sub10k dps winning a pair of tier tokens/ When they don't have any tier already? Annoying, but not a big deal. I'm not going to flip my lid for that.

But whatever. You just wanted to berate me. I'm sure you won't read this either. You'll see a line, take it out of context and get pissy.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    So what is this Diablo 3 style loot I hear about?

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    forty wrote:

I'll totally do that! All you have to do is transfer to my server so we can.

This is an awful idea because being on my faction, on my server, is the worst

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    Tonight I learned two things:

1. Turn off recount during LFR, unless you really want to be depressed.

2. Bosses (like Yor'sajh) can enrage in LFR

• Options
    VargVarg Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Nobody wrote:

I had that situation happen to me except the druid tank gave my rogue the agi shoulders.

Varg on
  • Options
    As I said, I would have given up the second token if every person who said anything about it wasn't being a self entitled shithead demanding it when they wouldn't have won it anyway. But no one was reasonable. Everyone treated me like the devil when I had nothing to do with the fact that I won both rolls, rolls that everyone that could needed on both.

this is just you rationalizing

and as for 'not knowing you,' if you don't want people making comments don't fill the thread with stupid lfr loot bullshit

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular

this is just you rationalizing

and as for 'not knowing you,' if you don't want people making comments don't fill the thread with stupid lfr loot bullshit
    But whatever. You just wanted to berate me. I'm sure you won't read this either. You'll see a line, take it out of context and get pissy.

Remember DWH when you have someone not respect you, you are supposed to be all Ghandi with it and bend over and take it up the ....

• Options
    DratatooDratatoo Registered User regular
    Poketpixie wrote:
    Monsty wrote:
    So does anyone know a surefire way to reset absolutely all settings? I'm talking even my console variables. I've fiddled with them over the years and I think they're causing me problems now(such as a 50%+ chance of my camera getting locked in first person mode after being remotely near a vehicle).

I've done a completely fresh install on a new computer and it still downloads all of my modified variables--and it has been so long I don't know what's changed or not.

Deleting the WTF folder should do it. That's where all those various settings are stored. If it's pulling those settings from somewhere else then I dunno.

Use the "reset user options" button in the options menu. Some variables appear to be saved server side (like the keyboard bindings). This should clear them out.

• Options
    FidlerFidler Registered User regular
    I have been casually playing this again after quitting during TBC and have just hit 85. Wow, it's a whole new game and in a good way. I don't know what people are talking about when they say that the game has been going downhill but as someone who played all through vanilla, this seems like a HUGE improvement. It seems like there's a million things to do and the rewards for doing them are actually worth it. Glad I came back.

• Options
    CaptainBeyondCaptainBeyond I've been out walking Registered User regular
    So, having killed Hagara earlier when I joined a LFR that only had her left, I found myself in a fresh run, with three bosses I could loot, and Hagara, who I could'nt. "No problem!" Said I, "The odds having at least something to roll on are surely in my favour!"

But can you guess, nothing I can use drops until the Stormbinder, who drops two shoulder tokens and the belt. Which I can't roll on. Big ol' siiigggghhhhhh.

• Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    Anyone feel like sending me a scroll of resurrection? I can't guarantee that I'll pick up the game again, but hey you *could* get a free month out of it. Send me a PM if anyone's interested.

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    If someone wins two of the same things, I kindly ask if they are going to use em.

A shammy won two T13 pants and I was going to ask him if he needed the other pair for his OS. But before I could contact him he noticed he had won both and decided to give the token to me when he asked people who wanted it to reroll.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited December 2011

Monsters drop loot on a per-player basis. You don't see other players' loot and they don't see yours. This will be especially convenient on boss kills, since they are almost guaranteed to drop a few rare/magic items.

However, loot is a lot more random in Diablo games... but that's part of the fun.

Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Noggin wrote:

Monsters drop loot on a per-player basis. You don't see other players' loot and they don't see yours. This will be especially convenient on boss kills, since they are almost guaranteed to drop a few rare/magic items.

However, loot is a lot more random in Diablo games... but that's part of the fun.
    Yeah, this. Since RPGs will never have merit based loot rewards, I'd rather just have a system where I don't watch items go to someone doing half the DPS they should be doing because the only thing they're good at is being lucky. Or getting outrolled on the season 11 healer necklace in BH (this week) by scrubs with 300 and 7k HKs. Yeah, let me know when you actually make use of that, goose.
    Kainy wrote:
    forty wrote:

I'll totally do that! All you have to do is transfer to my server so we can.

This is an awful idea because being on my faction, on my server, is the worst
    Are you Windrunner Horde or something? Or Alliance on one of those ridiculous 20:1 H:A PvP servers?

forty on
  • Options
    tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    forty wrote:
    Since RPGs will never have merit based loot rewards, ...

I've done some thinking about this and I believe a merit-based system is a practical impossibility. It is certainly possible to make and implement one, but I believe that there would be instant, wide-spread revolt among the players because a majority would view the distribution as unfair.

Fair means something different depending on who you are talking to. Should the item go to the person who contributed the most toward the kill? How would that be determined with regard to tanks or healers where there's not an easy number to assign to their contribution? Should it go to the person who needs it the most (lowest ilevel)? Should it go to the person who's put the most time in farming the boss? And certainly there are other standards for what is fair which I've not thought of.

edit: BBCode fail

tarnok on
    Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
  • Options
    Yes, it's a practical impossibility, thus, give me D3 loot.

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    How is D3 loot set to work?

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    815165 wrote:

Of the Whale?

i don't know for the msot part from what I have played drops?

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    815165 wrote:
    It's like four posts above yours.

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Let's see, that's day 9 of Winter Veil at 6 characters run per day, so 54 total runs for me thus far. I've managed to get one pet and one dagger total. Neither of which on the characters that need them (though the account-wide pet change in 5.0 will negate that issue for the pet).

This discussion has been closed.