As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW] [CHAT] Thread. Female Panderen Revealed. Yiffing already?

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Holy crap I'm making out like a bandit fishing up Deepsea Sagefish and selling the food. I can't fish fast enough to keep it in stock on the AH.

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    Halfmex wrote:
    Let's see, that's day 9 of Winter Veil at 6 characters run per day, so 54 total runs for me thus far. I've managed to get one pet and one dagger total. Neither of which on the characters that need them (though the account-wide pet change in 5.0 will negate that issue for the pet).
    I thought the dagger was BoE.

• HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    forty wrote:
    Halfmex wrote:
    Let's see, that's day 9 of Winter Veil at 6 characters run per day, so 54 total runs for me thus far. I've managed to get one pet and one dagger total. Neither of which on the characters that need them (though the account-wide pet change in 5.0 will negate that issue for the pet).
    I thought the dagger was BoE.
    Indeed it is, unfortunately I won it on a character of the wrong faction and even if I had someone I trusted enough to faction trade with on the Neutral AH, I don't feel like paying out the ass or having it sniped by gold farmers.

• PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    Halfmex wrote:

I was running 8x per day and finally got a pet and a dagger but like you, neither are on a character that needed them. I'm hoping they don't renege on their promise to make pets account wide.

If you have someone you trust, you don't have to pay out the ass. You just put it up for 1 copper.

• Fatty-McPhatFatty-McPhat Registered User regular
    "or having it sniped by gold farmers."

• KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    forty, I'm alliance side Area 52, which has roughly an 80/20 horde/alliance pop split. We win TB like... a couple of times a week, at random hours. Maybe. There are two or three raiding guilds on our faction, and the ones that aren't us were 2/7H in firelands until the day before 4.3.

It's a desolate wasteland.

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
    I've never had a neutral AH auction switcheroo sniped. You just need to be in communication with the other person so they can hit refresh and buy right away.

Kainy, that sucks. Sounds even worse than Hellscream Horde.

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Only times I've done neutral AH transfers are when I've been dual-boxing with both accounts. You basically just leave so little time in there that unless someone else is actively looking for it, they won't catch it. The buying side types the name of the item in the search field and is ready to go the instant the item is up. I suppose there could be some automated bot that does nothing but spam refresh and buy anything that's up there for 1c, but with the AH's built in delay between subsequent searches I don't think it would work very well.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I've never had a neutral AH transfer sniped either. I've never transferred something of particularly high value (like, >10k gold), but it seems like it would be really tough to pick off a transaction if you just had a buddy sitting at the same AH ready to buy whatever you listed.

Any kind of auto-refreshing bot I assume would be detected pretty quickly by warden.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Sadly the only people I trusted to do a Neutral AH swap no longer play. Not a huge deal in the long run, but I really do wish they'd ease up on that restriction. It's not like people don't have a boatload of alts on both sides these days. I know it messes with the whole 'faction vs. faction' thing but it would definitely help some servers (like mine) that have a ridiculous faction imbalance.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I had a transfer sniped, but that's because there was only one person on the server beside me who had the thing I was transfering (epic ICC ammo, first two engineers on the server to get it), and we were running transfers at the same time. This became a cutthroat attempt to transfer our materials while psyching the other out and getting them to buy a single piece of ammo at the same time. Weeks of brutal auction fighting as we sought to become the sole supplier of the ammo to the other faction followed.

it was pretty fun.

liEt3nH.png
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Halfmex wrote:
    Sadly the only people I trusted to do a Neutral AH swap no longer play. Not a huge deal in the long run, but I really do wish they'd ease up on that restriction. It's not like people don't have a boatload of alts on both sides these days. I know it messes with the whole 'faction vs. faction' thing but it would definitely help some servers (like mine) that have a ridiculous faction imbalance.

I say if you have an alt of the opposite faction that's at least, like, level 60, they should just let you mail stuff across factions.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Random question but:

My laptop just gave up the ghost, I think finally for good this time...

Anyway, I used it to keep notes for WoW (and other games, but that's another issue) so I could remember to do something, or keep track of how many of a thing I needed.

So, since I'm not going to be getting another laptop/pc anytime in the forseeable future does anyone know of any addons that function like sticky notes or something? It doesn't have to be fancy, something that I can access cross characters/servers/factions and have it keep track, in game, of things I just want to jot down. I've been having issues with my main PC too, and short of getting a new HDD (and that might not even solve it) I can't rely on alt-tabbing or I'd just do that, so in-game would be ideal.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    So this is a thing that happened.
    Fs3RX.jpg
    Spoilers for the big.

Rizzi on
    edited December 2011
    Fuck.

You.
    <3

The Dude With Herpes on

That's also two in a week.
    Still <3? :P

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    pfft those aren't even that hard to farm really

next on my list is the stupid attumen mount, which has a lower drop chance and I can only try once a week

NREqxl5.jpg
    I've been trying for Attumen's mount for years.

They're not hard to farm, it's the fact that that was the first time he had done it on that character.

I gave up farming instance mounts ages ago though. It just got too frustrating and when I get wrapped up in those things the game starts feeling like a job.

At this point I either get them via LFD bag or I don't get them at all.

• HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Is the Swift White Hawkstrider that hard to get? I got lucky on my DK and got it and the pet two days in a row.

Sea Turtle? Never seen that bitch once.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
    I got the Hawkstrider several months ago. I actually think that one may have a slightly higher drop rate than others. I've been trying to farm the ravenlord mount from Sethekk but no luck for awhile. WTB portals to Shattrath again :P At least I have the BT necklace which is also pretty close.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    I just fished up a Tome of Polymorph: Turtle. I totally forgot they moved that to fishing pools.

On old content mount farming, I still need Baron and I doubt my moonkin self can solo Attumen nor the blue proto.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I would be very surprised if a Moonkin at 85 in epics couldn't solo Huntsman.

YL9WnCY.png
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    so whats blizzards plan between now and mists of pandaria? doesn't seem like the hour of twilight stuff is going to stay interesting until Q2 of 2012

tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Panda invasion world event?

edited December 2011
    Well to be honest I haven't attempted it for a few months now, but when I last tried I couldn't outdps the damage he was doing to me and died every time. I should try again and see.

Opty on
    SabreMau wrote:
    Panda invasion world event?

panda plague

NREqxl5.jpg
  • naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    Also zombie pandas

Super lame that Pandas wont be able to be DK's.

That's correct right? I seem to remember that from Blizzcon and being disappointed.

Oh well, I still say, haters gonna hate, I'm super excited about my future drunken panda tank.

Yeah, Pandas can't be DKs (nor Druids, Paladins, or Warlocks) and Worgen and Goblins can't become Monks.

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Wren wrote:
    so whats blizzards plan between now and mists of pandaria? doesn't seem like the hour of twilight stuff is going to stay interesting until Q2 of 2012

My understanding is we'll see the world event where the Horde takes down Theramore.

Most likely it'll be done in a way to showcase that scenario thing they were talking about for Mists.

Rorus Raz wrote:
    I would be very surprised if a Moonkin at 85 in epics couldn't solo Huntsman.

I have on my Boomkin, and I think that was even in like, t11-quality epics

• BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    Couldn't you solo attuneman at level 80? I went into kara the other day and just went straight to him pulling everything with me. I had every mob in the stables + him and there was no concern at all. My friends even had to remind me not to kill him too fast because he needs to get on his horse.

You should be able to solo him easily

• DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Tanks could solo him since 80, yes. Non-tanks, not so much.

it was harder to solo the trash at 80 than it was to solo him (as a warlock, anyway.)

I imagine people in quest blues ought to be able to solo him now; he only has like 200k health and doesn't hit for much of anything.

NREqxl5.jpg
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    In WotLK I had to do his trash and fight him as prot, and it took a while, enough where I was worried about getting him down in 15 minutes.

Now I just do it in ret, and it's maybe 5 minutes from the first trash pull.

As a frost DK it takes me maybe 5 minutes to kill all the trash and Attumen. They aren't incredibly strong.

• DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    My Prot Pally and Blood Tank had no troubles soloing him at 80.

For a time, I was soloing him and ZG about weekly for mounts on both characters. One night, my DK got Midnight, went over to ZG and didn't see anything. Switched to my Pally and didn't get anything from Attumen, but went over to ZG and got the Zulian Tiger. That was pretty wild.

Eventually my DK did get the Zulian Raptor, but never did get the tiger. Very annoying, considering how many times I did just the tiger boss weekly after that.

In new ZG, despite how many times I've run the place, I haven't even seen the panther mount drop, though my hunter got the new raptor the night after a guildie of mine got it.

So Death Knights are bullshit in the 60-70 pvp bracket.
    Oh boy, gotta love getting one shotted by a tank with a self heals.
    That's swell.

This discussion has been closed.