As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] [CHAT] Thread. Female Panderen Revealed. Yiffing already?

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Panda4You wrote:
    Jubal77 wrote:
    Ugh weekend Heroics. Tried to run a Heroic on my druid healer who is not well geared but it well above the gear level to enter heroics and man... top dps was 10k then tank at 10k then just under 10k and 8.7k. We could have made it through the VP I had got into but they kept being dumbasses too by standing in crap and pulling full groups. How do people do this dps with 15% buff is beyond me.
    10k was badass when those heroics were first available (plus latter nerfs), and well more than enough to finish. That must've been quite some bad group to fuck it up.

Yeah multiple people getting hit by the trash dragon breath, standing in hurricanes (tank just stood in them), etc. Was fun :)

Also I wonder how fast the market will bottom out on VP bracers on tuesday. I was hoping to get into that action since they made VP capping not really needed this tier unless you are hurrying to heroics.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Neli wrote:
    That does sound pretty sweet!

Did they do anything cool with elemental as well?

If you're Elemental, Chain Lightning no longer has a CD.

Earthquake damage increased by 75(!)%

Some buffs to the spellpower benefit of Shamanism (32%->36%)

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Yeah, Elemental AoE is crazy now. Beats out my Solar Eclipse Tab-DoT + Shrooms even

• Options
    You know what would've been cool? If with all this Caverns of Time stuff, during the fight with Deathwing, the party slips through time to a point in the near-past before the sundering. So you're flying on Deathwing's back as the un-tarnished world passes below you for a final last hurrah ... And when Deathwing is defeated at the Maelstrom, you send him crashing down into Deepholm before returning to your own time. Except ... sending Deathwing down into Deepholm is what eventually leads to the Sundering in the first place! Whoops!

I think I've been watching too much Star Trek recently.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    it would've been a damn sight better than the actual ending

although the spine/madness encounters are pretty awesome

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    Dac wrote:
    Neli wrote:
    That does sound pretty sweet!

Did they do anything cool with elemental as well?

If you're Elemental, Chain Lightning no longer has a CD.

Earthquake damage increased by 75(!)%

Some buffs to the spellpower benefit of Shamanism (32%->36%)

That exclamation point is kind of unwarranted.

Earthquake WITH DRAGONWRATH still only does like 1200 damage/tick.

It's almost like they continually forget that it does physical damage, and is thus fucking mitigated by armor.

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    What would have been cool during the Caverns of Time stuff is if they played Chrono Trigger music throughout the whole thing.

}
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    It actually sounds like the final Lavos fight where you are literally fighting through time.

Which was awesome.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    So I decided to bite the bullet and do an LFR on my DK.

It... wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. It went fine, actually. I joined an in-progress, 2/4 bosses killed. Ended up 1-tanking Yor'sahj because the other tank DCed. Which normally would mean a swift death because of the Void Bolt stacks, but LFR difficulty + 6 healers pumping me full of heals meant it worked. A dps facepulled Hagara because he was standing in the middle where she spawns (and thus had no time to have an explanation of the fight) and killed her no problem. I mean atleast 1/4 of the raid was dead, but whatever. I got myself a Tier Helmet, aw yeah.

But since then I've been requeuing, because I want to kill the first two bosses. Every single queue pop has been an in-prog, 2/4 bosses dead. :|

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    Sooo, did anything actually happen to Paragon yet over their exploiting to get members more than one piece of gear per boss and decked out in full 4-piece in the fist week? Blue said they were going to, but I have a hard time imagining it's going to be very severe. You just know if it was some nobody guild they'd probably end up with at least temporary bans, but I'm guessing Paragon was/will probably get a 'naughty no no' slap on the hand.

Would be funny, though, if Blizzard temp-banned all WoW accounts associated with their B-net accounts for an entire week once Tuesday rolls around. Letting other guilds get Heroic World Firsts seems like a fitting punishment.

• Options
    Ugh, it looks like the bigger model races (Tauren and Draenei) can't get the bullseye on the Darkmoon cannon without using the summoning trick and no one wants to help summon me. I'll try tomorrow I guess.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Dac wrote:
    Sooo, did anything actually happen to Paragon yet over their exploiting to get members more than one piece of gear per boss and decked out in full 4-piece in the fist week? Blue said they were going to, but I have a hard time imagining it's going to be very severe. You just know if it was some nobody guild they'd probably end up with at least temporary bans, but I'm guessing Paragon was/will probably get a 'naughty no no' slap on the hand.

Would be funny, though, if Blizzard temp-banned all WoW accounts associated with their B-net accounts for an entire week once Tuesday rolls around. Letting other guilds get Heroic World Firsts seems like a fitting punishment.

paragon is hardly the only guild in the running for heroic firsts that used the bug btw

this was far more widespread among the top guilds than that

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    xtqeu.jpg

Saw some Arakkoas in the pen another time. Probably other sentient species, too.

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    Do you need to be a certain level for the new Darkmoon stuff?

• Options
    No, it's in a Sanctuary and the gold costs scale with level so all levels are welcome. You can port directly there from Org or SW via the Darkmoon lady (in Org she's near the flight point, no idea on SW).

• Options
    ParagonParagon Registered User regular
    Frost DK is so crazy.

Ding 85, make the 365 2H, and also the 377 pvp helm to replace heirloom ilvl, and do the molten front and cloak quests.

Insta 15-20k dps in heroics. I had 30k something on one big pack, and 53k on that huge AoE pack at the final boss in Stonecore.

Note, I made the 365 2H because once I get the 2 set and some other stuff I am jumping over to tanking. 1Hers are better for frost, but I'll use my tanking weapon for now (it has good itemization for frost, too; haste and mastery are the two best stats).

• Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    So I get into a group for one of the new instances and I see the tank is sporting a complete set of the new 378 gear from 'em already. I'm the only other plate wearer in the group so I'm I'm thinking sweet! Any tanking gear that drops will be mine. I inspect his gear out of curiosity and he's actually wearing a mix of 353/359 gear that's been transmogged to look like the new gear. Over the course of the instance it becomes apparent he's wanting to roll on any new plate gear that drops even though he already has it.

I guess he was wearing the old gear so people would think he didn't have the new stuff yet but he was stupid enough to transmog it to look like the new stuff. Can't do that unless you have it so.....

• Options
    tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    I healed a real winner of a tank through Hour of Twilight. I noticed he was taking a lot of damage so I inspected him and he had a mix of tank and dps gear including most notably a 333 (!) neck and a 142 (?!!) shield. Nothing gemmed or enchanted naturally. He went down on the gauntlet up to the temple and I healed everyone else the rest of the way through the gauntlet like a boss.

Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
  • Options
    IndieGirlIndieGirl Registered User regular
    tarnok wrote:
    I healed a real winner of a tank through Hour of Twilight. I noticed he was taking a lot of damage so I inspected him and he had a mix of tank and dps gear including most notably a 333 (!) neck and a 142 (?!!) shield. Nothing gemmed or enchanted naturally. He went down on the gauntlet up to the temple and I healed everyone else the rest of the way through the gauntlet like a boss.

Yeah, I have groups for the new instances that fall on one side or the other of the spectrum: all three DPS doing 20k+ and getting shit done, or the 12k, 9k, and 3k(!) DPS (obviously he queued with offspec gear in his bag, was wearing 329 greens - 333 blues) that murder my soul. The nice thing is, reading the DJ gets you through all this new content easily... plus the old rules of stay out of the pudding, interrupt, and face mobs away from DPS. That's almost everything.

zle3Y.jpg
  • Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    tarnok wrote:
    so I inspected him and he had a mix of tank and dps gear including most notably a 333 (!) neck and a 142 (?!!) shield
    After talents, he's missing out on like 10000 armor from that shield alone. He had to have accidentally clicked on an old shield in his bags without knowing it. I really truly hope.

• Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Does anyone know where the last two Darkmoon quest items drop from? I'm missing the Soothsayer's Runes and A Treatise on Strategy.

• Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    The new Prot Warrior 2 Piece is awesome!

Did a Well of Eternity and the Druid Healer had 72% Overheal up to the first boss. With Illidan's little +damage +100% Crit buff my Revenge was putting 6k+ shields on me. I was hardly taking any damage at all.

• Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    I've been playing that prot paladin with the bullshit rolls, and oh man

Having tons of fun.

I've had healers AFK, D/C, whatever. Lay on Hands has got this. I really missed all the paladin tanking abilities I've been doing without this whole time.

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    I must admit, at least for the moment, I was 100% wrong about the viability of the Raid Finder. Against all odds it seems to actually be a solid feature. I even managed to snag two pieces of t13, a belt and a dagger off the thing in one run.

The mind, it boggles.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Been through the new dungeons 5 times now, and been pretty lucky with drops...got my total ilvl to 372, so I might try out LFR later.

To my shame, I'm still stuck with 346 shoulders and a 346 weapon.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    tarnok wrote:

Happens alot in the LFR too. Those fights are so easy but too many of these people and you start hitting enrage timers. Looks like the new loot rules have one negative side effect.

Edit: I would like to add that this population should drop once gems and enchants drop back down to regular levels. Right now they are insane on my server.

LOL just left an LFR where the bottom 5 of the group was 2.4k 9.5k 7.3k 10.0k and 10.8 k. Those probably include tanks... even with tanks those numbers are craptacular. One thing I noticed about LFR queuing as dps solo. You get stuck with these groups 9/10 because dps cycle out all the time. I have not got a new raid as dps solo yet.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    I'm loving Ret more than ever this new patch. I love how ridiculous I am on short fights. I hit almost 30k on non gimmick fights in 5 mans, and my gear is not even that great. Like ilvl 374ish.

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    New Faire stuff is fun. :^:

It's nice to see people out in the world, too.

• Options
    JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Jubal77 wrote:
    LOL just left an LFR where the bottom 5 of the group was 2.4k 9.5k 7.3k 10.0k and 10.8 k. Those probably include tanks... even with tanks those numbers are craptacular. One thing I noticed about LFR queuing as dps solo. You get stuck with these groups 9/10 because dps cycle out all the time. I have not got a new raid as dps solo yet.

I had a raid like that and it was really simple to just look at recount and kick the bottom 5 dps and try again. Then we won! And double WHS tokens dropped and I got pants.

So LFR is pretty cool.

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Options
    Got into LFR, stop me if you've heard this, at 2/4. Even had the tokens for druid hands and shoulders (2 of those, actually), drop. Didn't win though. :( Nuts, the shoulders would have given me the Cataclysmically Epic achievement. And I maxed my VP for the first time since...ever? :P

Now to try and find a 0/4 before Tuesday so I can roll on the first 2 bosses. And maybe run a Well of Eternity to try for the Agility staff.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Got into LFR, stop me if you've heard this, at 2/4. Even had the tokens for druid hands and shoulders (2 of those, actually), drop. Didn't win though. :( Nuts, the shoulders would have given me the Cataclysmically Epic achievement. And I maxed my VP for the first time since...ever? :P

Now to try and find a 0/4 before Tuesday so I can roll on the first 2 bosses. And maybe run a Well of Eternity to try for the Agility staff.

If you have a Friend that plays a Tank, go with them. You're queue time will go up, but you have a much better chance at getting a Fresh Run. I always get a Fresh Run on my Warrior.

Also, for any casters out there not understanding the second fight in Hour of Twilight. The Assassin chick cannot silence you if you hide behind someone else. That dagger will hit that person whenever she throws it at you, so make it a Hunter or Melee and you'll be able to cast without being silenced the entire time. I've noticed a lot of people in LFD not knowing how to not get silenced on that fight

Buddies on
  • Options
    I switched to my warlock alt and got the Bullseye achievement in 5 attempts so that confirms to me that Taurens are just too dang big to get it. After switching back, I got the Sea Pony on my second fishing cast, so that was pretty awesome. I went and killed foxes to see if my luck carried over and it didn't. Damn you foxes, cough up your pet!

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Buddies wrote:

If you have a Friend that plays a Tank, go with them. You're queue time will go up, but you have a much better chance at getting a Fresh Run. I always get a Fresh Run on my Warrior.

Also, for any casters out there not understanding the second fight in Hour of Twilight. The Assassin chick cannot silence you if you hide behind someone else. That dagger will hit that person whenever she throws it at you, so make it a Hunter or Melee and you'll be able to cast without being silenced the entire time. I've noticed a lot of people in LFD not knowing how to not get silenced on that fight

My big problem on that fight when I go on my mage is that the tank usually jukes around like he's on crack, and when she drops the smoke bomb he almost always runs out the opposite side of the cloud

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    Buddies wrote:

To be fair, it's not obvious, even in the dungeon journal.

Got my warlock and shaman 2/4. working on some other alts to get some tier pieces.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    oh, is that how the dumb silence works? I noticed that she sometimes wouldn't silence me, but I could never figure out why.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    First time in LFR, it seems rather brainless.

Which might explain why people are intentionally pulling Zon'ozz during the trash...

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    I've had tons of fun and have probably done lfr 10-12 times. now.

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Ya, it's pretty cool. I haven't been able to raid in a long time so I'm glad they did LFR.

It's going much better after replacing some people.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    Managed to get a fresh LFR. Nothing from Morchok, had to knock off Zon'ozz again, then wound up watching Yor'sahj from about 50%. Lost on 2 leg tokens and the Vial of Shadows. Don't mind so much about the legs, since I just gemmed/enchanted the 378 dungeon pants today.

So in the end, I saw 3/4 tokens. Better luck next week I guess.

Then I ran the Well, and lost the Agility staff to a freakin' hunter.

• Options
    LOL, the new Two-Piece Tank pieces for Warrior and Paladin are fucking awesome. Check this out, look at my #1 Healing received on Alysrazor. www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2vb04951ooea2wv1 haha, I was putting up 20k+ Shields while fighting the Birds. I didn't even need a Healer.

Got Ultraxxion and Blackthorn down tonight once people figured out how to press a button.

This discussion has been closed.