As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] [CHAT] Thread. Female Panderen Revealed. Yiffing already?

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Thanks Dibby!
    Dibby wrote: »
    Stagger
    You shrug of attacks, causing 50% of the damage to happen instantly and the remaining 50% to happen 3 seconds later. Brewmaster mastery reduces the after-effect Stagger damage taken.
    Whoa, interesting. So that's passive and always how Brewmasters take damage? That will certainly be a different experience as far as healing a monk tank goes. I have to assume it only applies to physical attacks and not spell damage.
    Mastery: Gift of the Serpent (LVL 80)

You have a 25.5% chance when you heal to summon a Solace Sphere nearby an injured ally.
    Each point of Mastery increases the chance to summon a Solace Sphere by an additional 3%.
    Now to wonder what a Solace Sphere does!
    Mastery: Combo Breaker (LVL 80)

Grants an 11% chance for Jab to cause your next Tiger Palm to cost no Chi, or your next Blackout Kick to cost no Chi and be usable on targets regardless of their health percentage.
    Each point of Mastery increases the chance by an additional 1.4%.

Tiger Palm
    1 Chi, Melee Range, Instant
    Attack with the palm of your hand, dealing 279 Physical damage. Deals 140 additional damage if the target is above 50% health.

Blackout Kick
    2 Chi, Melee Range, Instant, 3 sec cooldown
    Kick with a blast of sha energy, causing 471 Physical damage to an enemy target. Only useable on targets at or below 35% health.
    If the target is killed by Blackout Kick, you are refunded 1 Chi.
    Obviously numbers aren't final, but if Tiger Palm above 50% health doesn't do more damage than Blackout Kick, I don't see why you'd ever do anything but BK when the mastery procs. I guess if it's still on cooldown and you'd otherwise cap on energy? Still, that doesn't seem like a situation that would come up much. Maybe actual gameplay shows otherwise, though.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I think Stagger is a... 25% chance to proc? It's a something percent chance to proc anyway. So it's not always up.

re: Solace Sphere, couldn't find anything on it. I found stuff about Healing Spheres, but I don't think that's the same thing.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Good greased-up GOD I can't wait to try out the Monk. It's been my single most wanted class since I started playing this game back in vanilla and those talents look shit hot. Lemme just check to see if my invite's come in yet.

Nope.

*sigh*

• Options
    tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    Not to put a damper on anyone's enthusiasm but as the monk stands right now it can't really tank or heal at low levels. I ran ragefire a couple of times and the all monk party was a nightmare. DPS seemed fine, but the tank couldn't hold threat, had no aoe or taunt and the healer had _one_ healing spell on a 15 second cooldown and no rez.

There was a lot of walking back.

Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    So far no response from Blizzard to my launcher problems. But I did spot another thread explaining the exact same situation (fresh install, but no updating). I think Blizzard possibly broke a recent version of the launcher, maybe?

• Options
    CyrondinCyrondin I bring the sick beats on you, brother Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    tarnok wrote: »
    Not to put a damper on anyone's enthusiasm but as the monk stands right now it can't really tank or heal at low levels. I ran ragefire a couple of times and the all monk party was a nightmare. DPS seemed fine, but the tank couldn't hold threat, had no aoe or taunt and the healer had _one_ healing spell on a 15 second cooldown and no rez.

well questions about this.

1. did they make ragefire harder? i petty sure you can DPS spam it and be okish. unless it was buffed in cata.

2. it does seem silly that they have the charaters build like that, it remind me a bit of SWTOR where the classes don't get a taunt or healing spells untill the mid teens, but it worked there becuase the only flashpoint before you get key tanking and healing skills is a 2 man that can be dps though (really there should be more duo dungens in any MMO, sucks that TOR only had that one)

so i say blizzerd fucked up, unless there isn't a buff to ragefire since last time i ran it.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    I don't think it's any harder. When I ran it with a paladin tank and priest healer we steamrolled the place. When I ran it with both a monk tank and healer we actually had to quaking palm mobs and focus fire or people would die every pull. And then have to run back since the healer can't rez till level 30 or something crazy like that.

Edit: There are massive changes to Ragefire though. The map is mostly unchanged but all the mobs and quests are different. Quest givers at the beginning who then file into the last room so you can turn in without running back.

tarnok on
    Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    The quest mobs for Ragefire, afaik, have been like that since Cata. I recall doing it via LFD on my druid/shaman and having that happen.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    The quest mobs for Ragefire, afaik, have been like that since Cata. I recall doing it via LFD on my druid/shaman and having that happen.

Well I can't recall about the quests but I'm pretty sure I've done it in cataclysm and it was still full of troggs. This is no longer the case in the beta.

Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
  • Options
    Oh I have no clue about that, just the quest guys would meet you at the end.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Mastery: Combo Breaker (LVL 80)

Grants an 11% chance for Jab to cause your next Tiger Palm to cost no Chi, or your next Blackout Kick to cost no Chi and be usable on targets regardless of their health percentage.
    Each point of Mastery increases the chance by an additional 1.4%.

Tiger Palm
    1 Chi, Melee Range, Instant
    Attack with the palm of your hand, dealing 279 Physical damage. Deals 140 additional damage if the target is above 50% health.

Blackout Kick
    2 Chi, Melee Range, Instant, 3 sec cooldown
    Kick with a blast of sha energy, causing 471 Physical damage to an enemy target. Only useable on targets at or below 35% health.
    If the target is killed by Blackout Kick, you are refunded 1 Chi.
    Obviously numbers aren't final, but if Tiger Palm above 50% health doesn't do more damage than Blackout Kick, I don't see why you'd ever do anything but BK when the mastery procs. I guess if it's still on cooldown and you'd otherwise cap on energy? Still, that doesn't seem like a situation that would come up much. Maybe actual gameplay shows otherwise, though.
    It looks like when a proc happens it's Tiger Palm OR Blackout Kick, not both.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular

The Monk's AOE ability is broken in beta right now. I think it's Crane Kick? Whatever you get ~level 7 or something. Made doing some of the quests in the starting area a pain in the ass too.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    So it looks like Demolock tanking is pretty legit, from what I've heard/seen. 5 man cata dungeons, anyway. There's a few things that stand out though:
    - You still do a lot of damage. This could be pretty easily resolved though, just make the glyph cause you to do x% less damage.
    - Because the glyph causes your mastery to make you take less damage instead of dealing more it has implications to become pretty OP. Especially with Dark Soul: Knowledge (+30 mastery CD).
    - Although not strictly Demo related, Harvest of Life (aoe lifedrain) is OP. The healing it provides is nuts.

But yknow all of those are things that can be ironed out. Beta is beta after all.

Will be interesting to see how Demo tanking fares at level 90.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    QuintessinQuintessin Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

The Monk's AOE ability is broken in beta right now. I think it's Crane Kick? Whatever you get ~level 7 or something. Made doing some of the quests in the starting area a pain in the ass too.

Crane Kick is supposed to be 40, it's bugged that it shows you getting it when you do. DPS get an absolutely retarded Frontal-Cone AoE skill that does damage, and stuns, for 5 seconds. I ran Ragefire with 5 monks all at 15, 4 dps and 1 healer, and we ran it no problem. I queue'd as Tank, though I was DPS. I had BoA gear and we wrecked the place.

• Options
    Quintessin wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Crane Kick is supposed to be 40, it's bugged that it shows you getting it when you do. DPS get an absolutely retarded Frontal-Cone AoE skill that does damage, and stuns, for 5 seconds. I ran Ragefire with 5 monks all at 15, 4 dps and 1 healer, and we ran it no problem. I queue'd as Tank, though I was DPS. I had BoA gear and we wrecked the place.

Yeah, I just ran WC with a five monk group with the tank spec'd dps and we had no problem so maybe I just had a crappy tank/healer for that ragefire run.

Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Demo lock as in Destro? or Daemon?

I am going to make my undead monk DPS all the way tanking and healing are for FOOLS grasshopper

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Demonology.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Eagerly awaiting the glyph that makes Shammy rage a toggle, reduces your chance to be crit by 6% and increases threat by 500%, but no longer reduces damage received.

Then there can be a talent somewhere that's like "increases parry/armor/whatever by whatever while under the effects of Shammy Rage".

Come on Blizzard. Do it.

Pull the trigger on this.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Hunters tanking with taunt arrows.
    Rogues healing people by stabbing their wounds away.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    Eagerly awaiting the glyph that makes Shammy rage a toggle, reduces your chance to be crit by 6% and increases threat by 500%, but no longer reduces damage received.

Then there can be a talent somewhere that's like "increases parry/armor/whatever by whatever while under the effects of Shammy Rage".

Come on Blizzard. Do it.

Pull the trigger on this.

If shammies were made to be tanks, somehow, that would be goddamn incredible. Dual-wielding tanks.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Did they change the haste-buff a boss gets when it parries? Because that was one reason why dual-wield tanking was considered bad.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    parry thrash has been removed since a while ago

DW tanking as frost was still silly irrespective of those concerns, though (lowish threat unless you over-itemized for hit/expertise, some abilities not scaling with the OH, etc)

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    I thought that parry thing was removed back at the end of vanilla WoW?

At any rate, some of the tools available to shaman really kinda make it possible for a shaman to tank, if the tools were made to scale right. The key might be the damage absorbing totem.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    I thought it persisted into at least TBC. At least, I remember that being discussed as a thing when tanking Prince Malchezzar.

• Options
    SabreMau wrote: »
    I thought it persisted into at least TBC. At least, I remember that being discussed as a thing when tanking Prince Malchezzar.

Probably. This game has been running for years, a lot of shit is starting to blend in together in hindsight.

• Options
    danxdanx Registered User regular
    It was still present in wrath up to atleast TOC (not sure about ICC) and is gone in cata. Once they removed crushing blows from raids (start of Wrath) it became much less of a problem outside of specific bosses and DW tanks.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I miss my Frost Tank. Threat wasn't really an issue for me back when they added that talent that made certain attacks hit twice while Dual Wielding. That was back during Wrath's AoE tank fest too.

I switched her to Blood after the change, but I liked Frost better.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    they removed it in 4.0. The real issue was that it could cause a crushing blow to slip past shield block, so once they removed crushing blows from +3 mobs (at the start of wrath) it ceased to really be a big deal.

iirc prince just swung fast enough that sometimes crushes would get through anyway

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    Why on earth would you dual wield tank on a class that can use a shield?

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    cncaudata wrote: »

Because it cool, son.

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    cncaudata wrote: »

Because shields are for babies who want to hide behind stuff.

488W936.png
  • Options
    ... Yeah what they said.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    they removed it in 4.0. The real issue was that it could cause a crushing blow to slip past shield block, so once they removed crushing blows from +3 mobs (at the start of wrath) it ceased to really be a big deal.

iirc prince just swung fast enough that sometimes crushes would get through anyway

If you were raiding Vanilla style and still using a warrior tank at that point. Tankadins had double the charges on Holy Shield than Shield Block (8 every 10 seconds instead of 2 every 5 seconds) and while an unlucky string of blocks during his thrash phase could still get through it on occasion, it lowered the chances quite nicely.

• Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Can someone send a scroll of resurrection to *removed*.

edit: Thanks.

jackal on
  • Options
    jackal wrote: »
    Can someone send a scroll of resurrection to jakalsucks@gmail.com?

Sent ya one.

• Options
    Brian888Brian888 Registered User regular
    If someone could send me a Scroll of Resurrection to BrianT888@hotmail.com, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

• Options
    Lord_AetosLord_Aetos Registered User regular
    Sending one

• Options
    Brian888 wrote: »
    If someone could send me a Scroll of Resurrection to BrianT888@hotmail.com, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Says too many attempts when I try. Either I've sent out too many (I've only sent out 4 in the last few weeks, shouldn't be the case) or someone already sent ya one.

• Options
    GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Got one sent. thanks all

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
  • Options
    Brian888Brian888 Registered User regular
    Huh. I don't see one in my inbox. I'll keep looking.

This discussion has been closed.