As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Christmas is awesome and I don't want to hear goddamn otherwise.

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    My work/shop is covered in so much tinsel. I've gotta give my boss that, she bloody loves Christmas decorations.

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Woo tinsel! :D

Maybe I will attach some to my pinnie. :D

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    *husky voice* for all ya ladies out there who are jailed at christmas time

my heart goes out ta ya

and my soul goes out to ya too

through this here

mouth organ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEXMVsziq2o

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
    My spirits have been raised and my cell seems a little less gloomy now! Thank you, husky-voiced man.

• WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    Edcrab wrote:
    The more you know! I remember reading about Sinterklaas at primary school. I think they painted him as being the same thing as Santa Claus but with a different name for him abroad- likely to avoid pointed kid-questioning

Then again, not sure what we'd have made of Black Peter with that explanation...

Zwarte Piet is always an awkward subject.

XStly.jpg
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Liiya wrote:
    My spirits have been raised and my cell seems a little less gloomy now! Thank you, husky-voiced man.

oh ya quite welcomed darling, ya quite welcomed

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Wiet wrote:
    Edcrab wrote:
    The more you know! I remember reading about Sinterklaas at primary school. I think they painted him as being the same thing as Santa Claus but with a different name for him abroad- likely to avoid pointed kid-questioning

Then again, not sure what we'd have made of Black Peter with that explanation...

Would it totally break the tradition to have him played by an actual black guy or am I being silly

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    yeah Christmas is ok

xmassig2.gif
  • WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    Edcrab wrote:
    Wiet wrote:
    Edcrab wrote:

Would it totally break the tradition to have him played by an actual black guy or am I being silly

Oh absolutely not, but mostly Zwarte Piet is going to be a white person with blackface applied.

XStly.jpg
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Oh Christmas, one of the most fun times of the year! I've grown more enamored with sharing gifts more than being anxious about what I'm getting and I get to watch all the ridiculous Rankin and Bass claymations I've been watching since ever! Not to mention all the other specials and frippery.

I could care less about the religious aspects, I just love me a good celebration where everyone can just get along, if only for a couple days.

A Visit from St. Nicholson has not been mentioned an excellent Christmas Skit, I'm doing so now.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Bill-Goldberg_480x480.jpg

BLM - ACAB
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    humbug

0BnD8l3.gif
  • MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Yes Geek, YES

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    I remember St. Nikolas Tag falling in December 6th and at least two of our neighbors in Germany would each leave a boot filled with goodies at our door.

• FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I hear this is a pretty decent movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D46QhwFyzp0

And not in a so-bad-it's-good way either.

Flay on
  • skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    Got my holiday pandora going
    Sometime before next week, my tree will go up :D

Yes Geek, YES

Hey, I am curious how you came upon your name.

BLM - ACAB
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    the christmas season is the only season worth a damn

love this thread, love christmas

hurray

• LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    The best:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxNBNU0_Q3Q

av club is doing another holiday undercover this year. Here's the highlight so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCx0IOWuJfM

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    In a few weeks I'm watching Zombi 2 and drinking Tiki drinks from Tiki cups. Good times gonna roll.

Fuck off and die.
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I was at bar trivia last night and my team was in a distant fourth going into the final question

Category: Fictional Bands
    (we go all in)

"If Bill and Ted had never gone on their 'Excellent Adventure' they never would have been able to form this band."

I was - somehow - the only one in the bar who knew it was Wyld Stallyns

It felt like Christmas had come early

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    WuShock wrote:
    Mysst wrote:
    @wuShock what the fuck are christmas shoes

A song. An unbelievably sad song, discussed earlier in the thread. It's like a nuclear bomb lurking in the middle of the local radio station's Christmas music lineup. I can't relax listen to them anymore because I always have to be on guard for that song.
    It is not even remotely sad. It tries too hard to be sad and ends up being a mix of laughably overwrought and monstrous.

YL9WnCY.png
    edited December 2011
    Somehow I lived 25 years of my life without ever hearing this before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdfdSF8MgDE

Ladai on
    ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
    Ladai wrote:
    Somehow I lived 25 years of my life without ever hearing this before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdfdSF8MgDE

Got that on vinyl.

Try this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSWCQ7ALEms

BLM - ACAB
  • FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote:
    I was at bar trivia last night and my team was in a distant fourth going into the final question

(we go all in)

"If Bill and Ted had never gone on their 'Excellent Adventure' they never would have been able to form this band."

Good work, GG. I'm proud. Did you have to spell it out for bonus points?

ETqXK.png
  • WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    It is not even remotely sad. It tries too hard to be sad and ends up being a mix of laughably overwrought and monstrous.

Okay, the subject matter is sad. We agree on the overwrought and monstrous part.

Edited for quote fail.

WuShock on
    Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

The Geek wrote:
    Got that on vinyl.

Try this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSWCQ7ALEms

that just puts a big, dumb smile on my face.

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    all the good of christmas is constantly trying to save me from becoming a scrooge because of all the fucking christmas advertising.

I've already got half my shopping done at least. I got batman arkham city plus batman TAS season 1 for my sister and her husband. Arkham city was thirty dollars on amazon!

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote:
    Bill-Goldberg_480x480.jpg

tumblr_kv7rd4FZR71qaut59o1_500.gif

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Is The Snowman really not that common outside of England? I had it on tape and watched it every winter as a kid.

Also I would do almost anything for a better quality version of this special

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDBMzGq1vhs

Because it is the best special and the best Christmas album, ever.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    My family still has The Snowman on VHS, as well as the book

Everyone knows the best special is A Garfield Christmas

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Futore wrote:
    Grey Ghost wrote:

(we go all in)

Good work, GG. I'm proud. Did you have to spell it out for bonus points?

Sadly no bonus points, but it didn't matter since we won by such an embarrassing margin

• EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    GG I hope to channel your skills when I go to my next pub quiz

I'm actually really damn poor at general knowledge questions

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Man, I was at a pub quiz on Tuesday, and the challenge was the quizmaster was to say hello in different languages and you had to pick it.

Anyway one was asked, and everyone everywhere was stumped. I listened to it again, leaned into the group and said I think I knew what it is.

Guys I think that's Turkish.

How the fuck do you know Turkish?

....assassin's creed.

I mean, it's how I know Italian

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    WuShock wrote:
    Mysst wrote:
    @wuShock what the fuck are christmas shoes

A song. An unbelievably sad song, discussed earlier in the thread. It's like a nuclear bomb lurking in the middle of the local radio station's Christmas music lineup. I can't relax listen to them anymore because I always have to be on guard for that song.
    NSFW
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq10bz3PxyY

Antimatter on