As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We don't actually build or mine anymore, we just play with cats all day. Minecraft!

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    doktorjake wrote: »
    CRAZY JAKES IRON EMPORIUM!!
    CRAZY JAKES IRON EMPORIUM!!!

got iron? I WANT IRON!

Need Iron shovels/helmets/swords?
    I HAVE SO MANY IT'LL MAKE YOU CRAZY!!

Ridiculous prices!! Iron Helmets for 3 Iron!! Thats cheaper than they COST TO MAKE!!!

Iron Swords for 1 iron each!
    2 Iron Shovels for 1 iron!!!

you'd have to be CRAZY to craft any of these items instead of buying them at

(Located in the bazaar area by newharbor at ispawnbul)

youtube.com/watch?v=063wANsIjmE

If only I could remember the name of this place.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    mr. crazy jake, how's this scheme work?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    The Good Doctor TranThe Good Doctor Tran Registered User regular
    mr. crazy jake, how's this scheme work?

Zombies drop tools. He wants raw iron.

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    If your goal is to force a particular playstyle through the necessity of a blank slate, then I have some words of disagreement for you, sir.

My goal is to show that this:
    pooka wrote: »
    first of all, i'm teasing him.
    secondly, his beef with the current map seems to consist solely (from that post) of being discouraged by the sprawl of spawn. so i was reminding him that it is actually rather easy to skip town and go somewhere less developed.
    thirdly, you do not diss the magnificent jumble of the desert city by calling it lame.

Is a pretty silly thing to say. There are very legit reasons why people would not want to build in the middle of the wilderness like you do.
    It's not the middle of the wilderness. It's a stone's throw from spawn, there just don't happen to be many active players in that little region. There is absolutely no need to wipe the map clean just to be close to the hub and yet also have empty space in which to do things.

All of the things she said are perfectly reasonable (the only real thing being point the second).

I have not said anything about resetting the map, and I apologize for not taking into account seeing my posts in that framework. I simply saw it as a possible problem people like myself have struggled with. It's a point of view we have to be aware of when discussing these things.

A map change is out of the question for me, at least for now. But knowing why people want a map change can allow us to provide alternatives that can extend the life of the map with a larger active community.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    Fevre and I have just done our first LP recording session, throwing it through After Effects quickly then it'll go up on youtube. Only problem is that for some reason my voice echos all the time so will sort that out for next time.

• Options
    JpsCrazyJpsCrazy Registered User regular

Someone else know's UHF?!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KezvwARhBIc

I'll be buying some shovels 'cause of your movie reference.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    that skit in UHF is a parody of actual car dealership commercials like that

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    that skit in UHF is a parody of actual car dealership commercials like that

But they don't actually joke about clubbing a baby seal... do they?
    I would argue most of the commercials (if not all) in the movie is a parody of actual commercials/shows/movies. I mean, that is Weird Al's thing.

JpsCrazy on
  • Options
    SopaSopa Yes I am a dinosaur, and yes I play videogames. Registered User regular
    Junpei wrote: »
    Fevre and I have just done our first LP recording session, throwing it through After Effects quickly then it'll go up on youtube. Only problem is that for some reason my voice echos all the time so will sort that out for next time.

I look forward to this! :D

If you haven't chosen an area yet, I say anything that's not flat and deserted.

jrrClpr.gif
  • Options
    If your goal is to force a particular playstyle through the necessity of a blank slate, then I have some words of disagreement for you, sir.

secondly, his beef with the current map seems to consist solely (from that post) of being discouraged by the sprawl of spawn. so i was reminding him that it is actually rather easy to skip town and go somewhere less developed.
    thirdly, you do not diss the magnificent jumble of the desert city by calling it lame.

Is a pretty silly thing to say. There are very legit reasons why people would not want to build in the middle of the wilderness like you do.
    It's not the middle of the wilderness. It's a stone's throw from spawn, there just don't happen to be many active players in that little region. There is absolutely no need to wipe the map clean just to be close to the hub and yet also have empty space in which to do things.

All of the things she said are perfectly reasonable (the only real thing being point the second).

I have not said anything about resetting the map, and I apologize for not taking into account seeing my posts in that framework. I simply saw it as a possible problem people like myself have struggled with. It's a point of view we have to be aware of when discussing these things.

A map change is out of the question for me, at least for now. But knowing why people want a map change can allow us to provide alternatives that can extend the life of the map with a larger active community.

Sounds reasonable.

I certainly understand why a blank slate can be exciting, certainly, especially if you put a lot of time into the one we have right now.

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    @Junpei I'm looking forward to your walks through the server.

@doktorjake You don't bludgeon a seal because you want a deal.
    You do it 'cause you wanna hear those little suckers squeal.
    Ya hit 'em on the head and you do it just for kicks,
    and you poke out their eyes with your eye-poking sticks.

More important question now: WHEN AND WHERE IS DRUNK TOWN? I want to drink Moscow Mules and inexplicably get better at typing while we all make broken dongs or something.

• Options
    D:

• Options
    doktorjakedoktorjake Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I have a few things to say about new maps:

PRO:
    1) A new map is really exciting for people who weren't here for the building of ispawnbul. I'd be really excited to build Spawn city,
    a) maybe even taking advantage of the height cap? building a mountain city with a ton of bridges??
    b) IF we did clean-slate, I *loved* the 'no building outside of ispawnbul' rule. so many maps are just junk until you walk far enough, and I think that having a city-limits and then nothing for a while really, really helps.
    2) having a new map would make fortresses more common than 3. Fortresses are awesome, and I miss them sometimes.
    3) I think that even though it would be difficult, all the tools are there to make legitrail systems without MCM. I know that people love MCM, but we CAN do vanilla, so lets do it.
    4) does starting a new map open up the old 8:1 nether travel ratio? cause if it does, I am 100% pro map change. I miss that travel factor soooooo much D=

CON:
    1) Any talk of map changes causes a drop in motivation, methinks. Why keep building if you know its only going to be lost in a month or so? will the old map be available for download?
    a) Someone mentioned making a movie of the server, I think a youtube post would be awesome highlighting the coolest things about the server should be made no matter what happens.
    b) if we make a new map, it should be done quick. I dont want to know that everything im doing just doesnt matter
    2) our current map is pretty awesome. I would hope that mega-biomes like woolhalla continent would be in place.
    3) it seems that 'civilization' is really picking up on the server, stores/etc are being developed, and people have the resources to help people finally.
    4) Are there any other 'game-changing' features coming up, like jungles were? It'd be a shame to start a new map right before something that makes world generation awesome gets put into the game

OTHER:
    1)If we make a new map, there are some *amazing* story opportunities. The dark Lord could WRECK ispawnbul/frostheim, an ultimate battle could ensue and newlurf could LOSE. then, a portal could open up where all denizens escape to HighLurf, the new map. that would be *awesome*
    2) It'd be nice if a little city-planning could be put into the future spawn. Not that Ispawnbul isnt great, but if theres a new map, maybe we can look at it first and think about how to plan spawn city out a bit before switching to that map?

doktorjake on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Mayabird wrote: »
    @Junpei I'm looking forward to your walks through the server.

@doktorjake You don't bludgeon a seal because you want a deal.
    You do it 'cause you wanna hear those little suckers squeal.
    Ya hit 'em on the head and you do it just for kicks,
    and you poke out their eyes with your eye-poking sticks.

More important question now: WHEN AND WHERE IS DRUNK TOWN? I want to drink Moscow Mules and inexplicably get better at typing while we all make broken dongs or something.

We should all get in vent for DRUNK TOWN because being drunk on vent is so much fun. I want to hear muffins and Giinome and some others get completely hammered :D

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    I have a few things to say about new maps:

PRO:
    1) A new map is really exciting for people who weren't here for the building of ispawnbul. I'd be really excited to build Spawn city,
    a) maybe even taking advantage of the height cap? building a mountain city with a ton of bridges??
    b) IF we did clean-slate, I *loved* the 'no building outside of ispawnbul' rule. so many maps are just junk until you walk far enough, and I think that having a city-limits and then nothing for a while really, really helps.
    2) having a new map would make fortresses more common than 3. Fortresses are awesome, and I miss them sometimes.
    3) I think that even though it would be difficult, all the tools are there to make legitrail systems without MCM. I know that people love MCM, but we CAN do vanilla, so lets do it.
    4) does starting a new map open up the old 8:1 nether travel ratio? cause if it does, I am 100% pro map change. I miss that travel factor soooooo much D=

CON:
    1) Any talk of map changes causes a drop in motivation, methinks. Why keep building if you know its only going to be lost in a month or so? will the old map be available for download?
    a) Someone mentioned making a movie of the server, I think a youtube post would be awesome highlighting the coolest things about the server should be made no matter what happens.
    b) if we make a new map, it should be done quick. I dont want to know that everything im doing just doesnt matter
    2) our current map is pretty awesome. I would hope that mega-biomes like woolhalla continent would be in place.
    3) it seems that 'civilization' is really picking up on the server, stores/etc are being developed, and people have the resources to help people finally.
    4) Are there any other 'game-changing' features coming up, like jungles were? It'd be a shame to start a new map right before something that makes world generation awesome gets put into the game

OTHER:
    1)If we make a new map, there are some *amazing* story opportunities. The dark Lord could WRECK ispawnbul/frostheim, an ultimate battle could ensue and newlurf could LOSE. then, a portal could open up where all denizens escape to HighLurf, the new map. that would be *awesome*
    2) It'd be nice if a little city-planning could be put into the future spawn. Not that Ispawnbul isnt great, but if theres a new map, maybe we can look at it first and think about how to plan spawn city out a bit before switching to that map?

These are all pretty excellent points, on both sides.

I think it's most important to record the mega projects in a video; some kind of travel log? Maybe a National Park type video showing the cultural and natural heritage of SE++ Server?

• Options
    McMastaMcMasta ProvoRegistered User regular
    I like the direction that jake is going, There should be a new map when the pros of making a new map outweigh the cons.

One of the biggest reasons to create a new map in my opinion is that minecraft can reach a state of stagnation, where people stop playing because it get's boring. Most of the projects I've been excited about make an attempt to directly combat that Stagnation Demon that exists in minecraft.

One problem with the stagnation of the spawn City, is that buildings really need to have allot of utility built in in order for people to have incentive to visit it. Economy, like with the CX, various stores, and bazaars, a central rail station, Key buildings like The frostheim embassy, The Shipyards and teleports like Woolhalla and Winderwood, and Worldhaus. The Tradestore corner market place has gotten allot of traffic the last few months and it's been awesome, People are also starting to utilize the CX more and more. This is awesome, and in addition to the pleasure it brings me that people are using MY buildings it also makes me happy to see people USING Ispawnbull, and visiting the work of other people.

Our Mining events are an attempt to recreate that "new minecraft" feel, where you start with nothing and "high ho high ho off to work you go" and the competition aspect is to encourage people to participate.

Have we reached that point on this map where our playerbase is stagnent? Have we reached that point where there is nothing left to explore? No more natural Diamond left? No room for building in untouched fertile land? I donno, i think a new map would be cool, but i also enjoy having the resources and perks of having invested lots of hours on this map.

If we DO decide to move to a new map, it needs to be a quick decision, like a band-aid. Let's not have a long period of time where we KNOW the new map is coming. UNLESS we do something like all gloves off, remove the "no dick" rule server gonna die, post apocalyptic 2b2t.net style, since it's all gonna be gone anyways.

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular

point 3 aside, i fail to see how what i said was silly.

i never said being discouraged was a silly reaction, or an unfounded reasoning for change; his opinion is perfectly reasonable. i merely offered the point that until we do switch maps, there are still ways and places to build without the restrictions of Spawn. as in, you don't have to wait for a new map to explore and build with other people. i'm not trying to invalidate his view, but encourage him to play now instead of waiting an unknown amount of time.

admittedly, there's always a boost in numbers when the map changes, and activity tends to be centralized. but coordinating in-thread, or just catching people online and travelling to them (or vice-versa) are more long-term consistent ways to play with others nearby.

happy <insert Minecraft activity of choice>!

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I just loaded up Minecraft for the first time in a long time.

Started a new world.

Found a giant ravine on the surface.

It's awesome.

• Options
    intropintrop Registered User regular
    Ravines are still one of my favorite new-ish features. You get to see this huge slice without having to do all the digging! Rawr.

(P.S. to the above post re Strongholds, there are still only three on an entire map. There's a literal constant '3' in the code where the locations are decided. I know Notch or jeb tweeted that they'd be upping that limit some time ago, but all the reverse engineering I've seen still supports there being just three. Boo.)

Steam ID: highentropy
  • Options
    doktorjakedoktorjake Registered User regular
    McMasta wrote: »
    I like the direction that jake is going, There should be a new map when the pros of making a new map outweigh the cons.

One of the biggest reasons to create a new map in my opinion is that minecraft can reach a state of stagnation, where people stop playing because it get's boring. Most of the projects I've been excited about make an attempt to directly combat that Stagnation Demon that exists in minecraft.

One problem with the stagnation of the spawn City, is that buildings really need to have allot of utility built in in order for people to have incentive to visit it. Economy, like with the CX, various stores, and bazaars, a central rail station, Key buildings like The frostheim embassy, The Shipyards and teleports like Woolhalla and Winderwood, and Worldhaus. The Tradestore corner market place has gotten allot of traffic the last few months and it's been awesome, People are also starting to utilize the CX more and more. This is awesome, and in addition to the pleasure it brings me that people are using MY buildings it also makes me happy to see people USING Ispawnbull, and visiting the work of other people.

Our Mining events are an attempt to recreate that "new minecraft" feel, where you start with nothing and "high ho high ho off to work you go" and the competition aspect is to encourage people to participate.

Have we reached that point on this map where our playerbase is stagnent? Have we reached that point where there is nothing left to explore? No more natural Diamond left? No room for building in untouched fertile land? I donno, i think a new map would be cool, but i also enjoy having the resources and perks of having invested lots of hours on this map.

If we DO decide to move to a new map, it needs to be a quick decision, like a band-aid. Let's not have a long period of time where we KNOW the new map is coming. UNLESS we do something like all gloves off, remove the "no dick" rule server gonna die, post apocalyptic 2b2t.net style, since it's all gonna be gone anyways.

whether or not you choose to admit that economy exists in minecraft, the currency is Time. People won't bother to spend Time traveling to an area if it doesnt offer Time in return. Ispawnbul currently offers Time in several ways:

1) Teleportation, i.e. raw time. Teleportation is the fastest way to make a location more valuable.
    2) Resources. Most-but not all-resources require Time to gather. The CX, for instance, offers people who have spent Time unintentionally (or intentionally, for that matter) mining things that they dont want. The NewHarbor bazaar is another place where people can exchange their Time for other things.
    3) Enchantments. Enchantments cost Time, and some people are willing to trade Time (in the form of resources) for Time (in the form of enchantments)

Some places are interesting enough that people will pay Time to travel there and look around. Other places, while cool, simply cost too much Time to be worth it, despite how cool it is. I think that the admins have made a wise decision in making teleportation very limited, for instance, as teleportation is free Time that shouldn't be handed out on a whim.

As a server gets more and more wealthy, what this really means is that our Time is more and more effective. Different people invest Time into, say, making a very efficient bread farm, or mining out a large area for cobble. When we're able to exchange what we use our personal Time on for somebody else's Time, everybody wins.

If we want people to visit and utilize an area, Time must be offered. people can't be expected to spend Time at a location if theres nothing they gain from it. Of course, things involving story (like frostheim, even though the time cost is low b/c of teleportation) or events (like Enc's spleef arena) can be used to incentiv-ize people into traveling to an area, as well.

• Options
    ruddehruddeh "Speak softly and carry a big bone." Registered User regular
    For what my two cents is worth, I would just like to say that I am happy with the map we have at the moment. I think it is still teeming with possibilities.

I do understand the want for a new map if you have built to your heart's content on this one, but there are some of us with on going projects. Of course, it isn't reasonable to expect everyone to wait on us to feel 100% finished come a time when the end of the map feels nigh, but I do not believe we have reached that point yet.

Just my thoughts :)

oie_16203338tCzUZPXv.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Drunk Town post, spoilered for convenience.
    When: Should be mid May or early April, after everyone's college lets out and such. (Was supposed to be early May, but it appears there's been some hold ups. I know I've been busier than I expected.) We were talking about 5pm EST (8pm PST) as a start time, so it's at least after 5pm for East Coasters and not too late for West Coasters. We can push it back a bit if agreed upon, but sooner can't happen.
    Where: We were thinking here, the top left island-y location, but I don't believe it's been confirmed. (We're definitely avoiding desert/ice/jungle biomes after a bit of discussion.)
    bPoyT.jpg
    Someone's living there on the island on the bottom left, and Ferret was going to investigate, but I'm not sure of the status of it. If you're reading this could you voice your opinion on us using that location?

We still need a name! Make a suggestion or voice an opinion on a existing suggestion
    So far we have:
    -B.U.I. (Building Under the Influence)
    -The Inebriated Masons
    -Beercraft
    -Festival of the Drunken Creeper
    -Drunk Town

For Drunk Town, chatting in the vent is highly suggested and encouraged, as we don't want a ton of drunk chatter to people who don't care about it.
    A video of it is also encouraged. Anyone who can should record their experience and we'll (someone, maybe me since I'm saying it.) do some editing and put everything together and upload it to youtube 'n such. If you don't want to be a part of the video we can cut you out, and you don't need to submit anything you don't want to. Just make sure to PM whoever is editing the video when we get to that point.

The full details just to recap:
    -The opening night we decide on a mega-structure of some sort and all work together to build it
    -Upon completion we can start to build buildings around the structure keeping it the town's center
    -You MUST be at least slightly inebriated to be in drunk town
    -The drunkest player is the mayor
    -No TNT; All other blocks acceptable
    -Drinking games? (Ideas from Ingram. We'll form some rules and there'll probably be no obligation to participate 'cause we all want to have a good time and it's not for everyone)
    --Fall off a building, you take a drink
    --Every time a creeper explodes, everybody drinks
    --Somebody starves to death, everybody finish your drink
    --(Your rule here)
    -We are accepting any donations you can give, but that said, there will be community supplies for building
    -Ingram has graciously offered to connect his railway to the site (specifically for carrying supplies)

If you have any questions I'll do my best to answer them. Everything I've said so far is true by my knowledge.

I would also like to reiterate we are not supporting the irresponsible use of alcohol and the assortment of negative things associated with it. I believe it's agreed being on Minecraft building things with blocks is a pretty responsible thing to do whilst drinking, and we will try our best not to offend or upset the people who are not participating in the event. This said, participants, please do your best to not say stupid things that may offend or upset.

(...yes, I like spoilers a lot.)

JpsCrazy on
  • Options
    SopaSopa Yes I am a dinosaur, and yes I play videogames. Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    JpsCrazy wrote: »
    I don't drink at all but I want to at least watch people fall. D:

Sopa on
    jrrClpr.gif
  • Options
    HaleskarthHaleskarth Registered User regular
    Sopa wrote: »

Should be a holding cell for non-drunk people.

• Options
    Haleskarth wrote: »

Should be a holding cell for non-drunk people.

Mm. Taken into consideration.
    Maybe a you can't build unless you're drinking rule, 'cause a holding cell may be hard to make it convenient for them to see what goes on and look good while not being intrusive.
    And no causing mischief to drunk people!... okay, no excessive mischief.

• Options
    Or I could act like a drunk and blend into the crowd. Then cause all of the mischieves.

A flawless plan.

jrrClpr.gif
  • Options
    Or I could act like a drunk and blend into the crowd. Then cause all of the mischieves.

A flawless plan.

OR SO YOU THINK.
    We have rigorous sobriety tests such as being asked "Have you been drinking tonight sir/ma'am?"
    And uh... well, I think that's the extent of it.
    So you better prepare a response.

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    Why aren't my villagers breedddiinngg augh I've built so many new houses for them!!

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    maybe they just don't have those sorts of feelings for each other

they love each other, but they're not in love with each other

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    bulllllshit!!!

• Options
    Mine decided they didn't like using houses anymore, and played outside during the night.
    They're all dead. ╥_╥

• Options
    Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open that Trap Door!Registered User regular
    Get them drunk, then there'll be babies.

• Options
    dargondarkfiredargondarkfire wyomingRegistered User regular
    Glorious PC master race

actualy the arguement about pc being the master race is mute because some devs wont make their games for pc, like demon's souls, some devs wont make dlc for the pc version.
    the actual master race is the people who own a pc, ps3, psp, vita, wii, (soon to be wiiU), ds, 3ds, mac, xbox360, android tablet, ipad, ipod touch, i phone, android smart phone, and a laptop. and possible a version in every language so they can get region locked games/software (some software in certain languages do not like running on an English OS)
    they have access to everything and have every advantage...... and are likely very rich to be able to afford everything! @_@
    Junpei wrote: »
    So in addition to beginning to film around the server to showcase stuff I'm also going to begin a lets play of a survival minecraft game because I play this game a sickening amount as is so I might as well share my terrible opinions on stuff with the rest of the world.

Anyone like to suggest the kind of biome I set up home base in?
    jungle, build a big tree house with wooden/roap stairs going up and have it built on multiple super trees.

CRAZY JAKES IRON EMPORIUM!!!

got iron? I WANT IRON!

Need Iron shovels/helmets/swords?
    I HAVE SO MANY IT'LL MAKE YOU CRAZY!!

Ridiculous prices!! Iron Helmets for 3 Iron!! Thats cheaper than they COST TO MAKE!!!

Iron Swords for 1 iron each!
    2 Iron Shovels for 1 iron!!!

you'd have to be CRAZY to craft any of these items instead of buying them at

do you sell iron blocks for 4 irons bars then?
    Can we please just be a bit nicer to each other here?

You don't need to attack each other for holding opposing views on the matter.

i don't care either way. i still vote that the next spawn town be asian themed.

as for ispawnbul, the main part of town is fine, but you get to another section: holiday theme park, tradesman, slums, harbor, they are all a little confusing as the streets are not straight really, (slums is a maze for the most part)
    theirs also a lot of abandoned shops and homes. i'm not saying turn it into a perfectly checkerboard city like new york thou.

• Options
    Cathode Ray TubeCathode Ray Tube Registered User regular
    Next spawn city should be an asian themed air temple.

Southern_Air_Temple_outlook.png

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    When the maps ready to change you should get the decay blocks from mystcraft so we can watch the world fall apart.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    The Good Doctor TranThe Good Doctor Tran Registered User regular
    Glorious PC master race

actualy the arguement about pc being the master race is mute because some devs wont make their games for pc, like demon's souls, some devs wont make dlc for the pc version.
    the actual master race is the people who own a pc, ps3, psp, vita, wii, (soon to be wiiU), ds, 3ds, mac, xbox360, android tablet, ipad, ipod touch, i phone, android smart phone, and a laptop. and possible a version in every language so they can get region locked games/software (some software in certain languages do not like running on an English OS)
    they have access to everything and have every advantage...... and are likely very rich to be able to afford everything! @_@

PC Master Race stuff is about the superiority and flexibility of the platform in terms of hardware. Nothing to do with software.

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • Options
    Glorious PC master race

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/11/dark-souls-for-pc-announced-masochism-begins-august-24/
    Well, it's not Demon's Soul, but it's close enough.

And yeah, agreed. Although if I had to choose it'd be PC. It'd be pretty awesome to have everything...

• Options
    ThrakeshThrakesh Registered User regular
    If / when we go to a new map, I would propose that we keep a tighter border on it - as others have pointed out, a lot of us are essentially playing sp, as we are on the far edges of the world from each other. Aside from the Callahan grinder, I doubt many people have even visited our stuff - and I certainly have not explored much of anyone elses creations.

The only time that I really explored the map was during the early days with the whole 'shrine' business, and at that time, the boundary was still on the world - it was ~ 10 in game days just to putter around the perimeter of the map. Now you could be talking a crazy amount of time just to ride the rails to some of the far-flung locales.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Does anyone watch yogscast? I just stumbled on some archer hero videos and they're pretty great.

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    Change the map in like a month so I can join in

I am tired of building in the cold wilderness

This discussion has been closed.