As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2012 BYOC Info/FAQ - Post-Event Feedback starts on page 14

• KilonumKilonum [E] Somewhere near BostonRegistered User regular
    Vapok wrote: »
    Kilonum wrote: »
    What about those of us in the Westin? will we have to go outside and around the building?

I'm glad you asked Kilonum! Westin BYOC Attendees get a little special attention. Because of the connecting Westin Airwalk (that connects to Level 2 of the BCEC) there will be a BYOC Cart Pick-Up Station right at the end of the Airwalk from the Westin that you can use to wheel your equipment to the PC Room. In addition, you will be able to remain on Level 2, walk across the North side of the BCEC around the corner to the Northwest 1 Elevator to go down to Level 0.

This Cart Station will be manned sometime around 7:15am that morning. You may proceed to head for the PC Room from Level 2 after 7:00 am.

Just doing my duty as a fellow [E].

JfqWFk8.png
  • TrandescentTrandescent Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Got my barcode. So excited!

Trandescent on
    8elUgf9.png

PAX East 2018 4-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass [X] Hotel Reservation [X]

See y'all at PAX East 2018!
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I had a few questions on this, no we cant scan off of your phone. Please print it out!

Bringing the barcode on your phone will slow the line down as much as if you didn't have it at all, since we have to type it in manually cause it wont scan.

Edit:
    in before GETNEWSCANNERSN00B

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • thr4sherthr4sher Registered User regular
    the number underneath the barcode in the email is different from the one on the lanfest site. is that normal?

thr4sher wrote: »
    the number underneath the barcode in the email is different from the one on the lanfest site. is that normal?

lol?

PM me your numbers, I will compare it to my database export to see if there will be an issue.

• Tichinde925Tichinde925 Registered User regular
    I has 2 barcodes for 2 seats ^^

• peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    I hope this helps...

If Driving: Use Map Below.

If Arriving By Public Transit: Use Map below but walk to the Northwest 1 Entrance as shown on the Map.

If Coming From Westin: Walk inside of the Westin and over the Skybridge.
    bcec-byoc-drop-off.jpg

I just now remembered exactly how huge the BCEC is. jeebus.

7B14287.png
    BigRed wrote: »

lol?

PM me your numbers, I will compare it to my database export to see if there will be an issue.

same thing I have, the three I pull off the website for myself and my friends is the same as the one sent to my email, ones sent to my friends' emails are different

JfqWFk8.png
  • rosaparxrosaparx Registered User regular
    I also received my barcode about 20 hours ago

• JonoseelJonoseel Here Be Unicorns and Dragons Boston, MARegistered User regular
    so whats the deal wuth
    I hope this helps...

If Driving: Use Map Below.

If Arriving By Public Transit: Use Map below but walk to the Northwest 1 Entrance as shown on the Map.

If Coming From Westin: Walk inside of the Westin and over the Skybridge.
    bcec-byoc-drop-off.jpg

Question:

From the drop off area how far do we have to walk to the BYOC room?

And do we have access on Thursday during will-call to setup or is that to just collect passes? (it would be great if we could!)

Pax Eat Stuff: 3 Day Badges[]; BYOC Badge[]; A Roof to stay under[X]; A ride of some sort[].
    Kilonum wrote: »

lol?

same thing I have, the three I pull off the website for myself and my friends is the same as the one sent to my email, ones sent to my friends' emails are different

I have figured out why this is.

If you bought multiple tickets under one login and just added your friends info for them then they have different barcodes. The one that shows on the LANfest site is for *yours*.

Your friends were given separate barcodes so you can email them the barcode and they can pick up badges with their own photo ID.

• VapokVapok Just a Guy. BostonRegistered User regular
    Jonoseel wrote: »
    Question:

From the drop off area how far do we have to walk to the BYOC room?

And do we have access on Thursday during will-call to setup or is that to just collect passes? (it would be great if we could!)

It's not much of a walk from where you drop your PC off. There will be a short walk (read: a couple steps) to the elevator that will take you directly down to the PC room. From there it's just walking to the back of the PC Room, which is where BYOC is.

There is no setup on Thursday. Thursday is only Will Call to pick up badges. BYOC Attendees will be able to enter the BCEC after 7:00 AM through the Northwest 1 Entrance. Equipment Check-In and Seating for BYOC will begin at 8:00 AM in the PC Room, to allow BYOC Attendees two hours to get their rigs setup before PAX opens. PAX will open at 10:00AM on Friday.

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    Vapok
    where is the will call going to be on thursday, the main entrance?

Most likely in the North Lobby of the BCEC, however, if not there, I guarantee there will be signs that indicates where and/or a nice info booth to assist if you're lost.

Vapok
    Per the PAX Maps:
    http://m.guidebook.com/1782/map/3146/

Its at registration in the north Lobby.

thank you red/vapok =)

Group seating is current, if you are not listed in the OP you have not contacted me.

I cant read minds!

I am closing down group seating on Tuesday at noon. No further changes will be made after that point.

Hello everyone!

I am on a plane right now.

That is all.

(lol internet)

• mpizzimpizzi Registered User regular
    I need to ask a few quick questions

What time will badge pickup be on Thursday i need to pickup 2 for my BYOPC event?
    On Friday, It said we are able to line up @ 7am and get into the place by 8 to setup, is that correct?
    Final question, to get onsite parking, do you think I can get a spot if i arrive by 630-7am?

Will call is 8am - 8pm on Thursday, but most people just pick them up Friday morning when they check in. They will open the byoc at 8am Friday.

As for the parking lot... It is HUUUUGE so you won't have any trouble with that.

If you are around you have a definite advantage to grabbing your badges on Thursday at willcall (north lobby, 8am-8pm).

Otherwise day of you will have to stand in a badge line in front of PC then go stand in the checkin line.

DOUBLE LINES?!

edited March 2012
    mpizzi wrote: »
    I need to ask a few quick questions

What time will badge pickup be on Thursday i need to pickup 2 for my BYOPC event?
    On Friday, It said we are able to line up @ 7am and get into the place by 8 to setup, is that correct?
    Final question, to get onsite parking, do you think I can get a spot if i arrive by 630-7am?

- Thursday Will Call Registration will run pretty much all day and into the early evening hours. 8am-8pm.
    - If it said that, it's probably correct. =) You'll be able to get in around 7:00 AM (actual time may vary by a few minutes), and check-in starts at 8:00 AM, PAX opens at 10:00 AM.
    - Parking: The BCEC has a large parking lot on the south side called "South Lot". It's $15 / day. You should be able to get into it early in the morning without much issue. Make sure you drop off your stuff though before parking... It's a haul.

Vapok on
    Vapok
    Not BYOC but you guys might be intrested...

Diablo 3 & BF3 Close quarters combat at PAX: http://www.facebook.com/events/371463549564740/?sf3688730=1

• JonoseelJonoseel Here Be Unicorns and Dragons Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Not BYOC but you guys might be intrested...

Diablo 3 & BF3 Close quarters combat at PAX: http://www.facebook.com/events/371463549564740/?sf3688730=1

Can be play this event with our own computers or is it just the nvidia computers?

Pax Eat Stuff: 3 Day Badges[]; BYOC Badge[]; A Roof to stay under[X]; A ride of some sort[].
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    I'm sure it will be just their computers. Nvidia has typically had their own computers with exclusive stuff on them. East '10 they had 3D Vision and GTX400 series cards, Prime '11 they had BF3 2 months before it was released.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • TheTerribleManTheTerribleMan Registered User regular
    I'm installing one, maybe two, of the following: Battlefield BC2, CoD BO, CoD MW2, CoD MW3.

I'm out of the loop with which of these games, if any, are still popular and might be played in BYOC. Suggestions?

• LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Looks like there's a mistake on the group seating chart. The irc group says g/h 6-11, but those aren't the seats that are colored on the image.

AN9buWz.png
    LTAcosta wrote: »
    Looks like there's a mistake on the group seating chart. The irc group says g/h 6-11, but those aren't the seats that are colored on the image.

Derp, the picture is correct the text isn't. I'll fix it shortly.

Just upgraded my processor from an i7 2600 to an i7 2700k yay with water cooling yay again

• mpizzimpizzi Registered User regular
    hey pax bf3 players! my clan just put up a server for pax east players that is setup on metro 24x7 until the end of pax. Rules are in place to not allow SMAW / 320 and RPG however everything else is allowed. Browse your BF3 servers and locate: =FA= Devine Legends Welcomes Pax East BF3 Players - Welcome

• GannoGanno Registered User regular
    Looking forward to it mpizzi...good call.

(BF3 handle JedEckert)

jaafe2a95twb.png
    For Red or anyone else who knows:

Assuming I can manage carrying both PC's somehow, can I check in for both myself and my buddy who's arriving at 10:30a Friday? I have his barcode and BYOC reg and all that. I'd like to get everything set and then go get him from airport.

Thanks and looking forward to seeing everyone. BYOC ftw!

jaafe2a95twb.png
    If you have his badge you should be able to. Just mention that during checkin.

Yes, I have his 3-day too. Cool, thanks Red.

jaafe2a95twb.png
    edited April 2012
    Man I am cutting it close on rebuilding my gaming computer. Last part I need will be arriving on Tuesday, sometime between noon and 4. I leave home on Wednesday at 4. Just over 24 hours to rebuild my computer and possibly reinstall Windows and definitely install a month's worth of updates ([sarcasm]JOY![/sarcasm]). Thankfully, Steam (and a few of my other games) is not on my boot drive so I'll just have to reinstall Steam for Windows to see it. I honestly do not see a need to reinstall Windows as it's the same Northbridge/Southbridge/Processor/RAM combo as before.

Kilonum on
    JfqWFk8.png
  • hendusoonehendusoone Registered User regular
    hey pax bf3 players! my clan just put up a server for pax east players that is setup on metro 24x7 until the end of pax. Rules are in place to not allow SMAW / 320 and RPG however everything else is allowed. Browse your BF3 servers and locate: =FA= Devine Legends Welcomes Pax East BF3 Players - Welcome
    But... Metro Conquest is so limited... such a meat grinder with so little of what's great about Battlefield! And artificially limiting allowed weapons on a ranked server? Not cool, dude.

Teasing about preferred game modes aside, thanks to your clan for welcoming PAX East players! It's just not for me :P

Anyway... I'm hoping there will be some sweet BF3 servers available at BYOC... while it's great that the PC Freeplay gets to have fun with the Close Quarters DLC, I'm hoping us Vanilla/B2K folks won't be left out of the fun. Any word on LAN-connected BF3 servers, and what game modes/maps/configurations they'll be running? Or are we gonna be stuck connecting to internet servers (sweet Osiris I hope not, limited internet bandwidth and all)?

8hiRK4y.png
    hendusoone wrote: »
    But... Metro Conquest is so limited... such a meat grinder with so little of what's great about Battlefield! And artificially limiting allowed weapons on a ranked server? Not cool, dude.

Teasing about preferred game modes aside, thanks to your clan for welcoming PAX East players! It's just not for me :P

Anyway... I'm hoping there will be some sweet BF3 servers available at BYOC... while it's great that the PC Freeplay gets to have fun with the Close Quarters DLC, I'm hoping us Vanilla/B2K folks won't be left out of the fun. Any word on LAN-connected BF3 servers, and what game modes/maps/configurations they'll be running? Or are we gonna be stuck connecting to internet servers (sweet Osiris I hope not, limited internet bandwidth and all)?

We are trying but it's unknown righty now. At the very least we will prioritize traffic for BF3 on the connection. I will have an Internet server thats in the new England area for use at pax. I will have details up on the intranet.

• hendusoonehendusoone Registered User regular
    Thanks, BigRed!

8hiRK4y.png
    Last night I found all of the old QuakeWorld Team Fortress install files (including the server files!) on an old CD. I havent played this in like 12 years... I'm tempted to host a server for it at pax. Would anyone play it if I hosted a server?

• [H]olyGeekboy[H]olyGeekboy PAX dad and PC builder ClevelandRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2012
    I'll just leave these here... (almost done)
    2012-04-01%252023.28.34.jpg
    2012-04-01%252023.27.30.jpg

[H]olyGeekboy on
    p3HkbcM.png