As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2012 BYOC Info/FAQ - Post-Event Feedback starts on page 14

• JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Registered User regular
    I'll just leave these here... (almost done)
    2012-04-01%252023.28.34.jpg
    2012-04-01%252023.27.30.jpg

That is super cool...very nice job

• mpizzimpizzi Registered User regular
    BigRed wrote: »
    hendusoone wrote: »
    mpizzi wrote: »
    hey pax bf3 players! my clan just put up a server for pax east players that is setup on metro 24x7 until the end of pax. Rules are in place to not allow SMAW / 320 and RPG however everything else is allowed. Browse your BF3 servers and locate: =FA= Devine Legends Welcomes Pax East BF3 Players - Welcome
    But... Metro Conquest is so limited... such a meat grinder with so little of what's great about Battlefield! And artificially limiting allowed weapons on a ranked server? Not cool, dude.

Teasing about preferred game modes aside, thanks to your clan for welcoming PAX East players! It's just not for me :P

Anyway... I'm hoping there will be some sweet BF3 servers available at BYOC... while it's great that the PC Freeplay gets to have fun with the Close Quarters DLC, I'm hoping us Vanilla/B2K folks won't be left out of the fun. Any word on LAN-connected BF3 servers, and what game modes/maps/configurations they'll be running? Or are we gonna be stuck connecting to internet servers (sweet Osiris I hope not, limited internet bandwidth and all)?

We are trying but it's unknown righty now. At the very least we will prioritize traffic for BF3 on the connection. I will have an Internet server thats in the new England area for use at pax. I will have details up on the intranet.

I now have full control over the server, so we do not just have to play metro, i can set any map on our Pax Easts hosted BF3 server! So this way if things get clogged up we can host another..

Pax East Enforcers: I have procon access to the server for administering, so if you would like to get access during game play let me know.

PS... any way of having this listed on the intranet at pax?

BigRed wrote: »
    hey pax bf3 players! my clan just put up a server for pax east players that is setup on metro 24x7 until the end of pax. Rules are in place to not allow SMAW / 320 and RPG however everything else is allowed. Browse your BF3 servers and locate: =FA= Devine Legends Welcomes Pax East BF3 Players - Welcome
    But... Metro Conquest is so limited... such a meat grinder with so little of what's great about Battlefield! And artificially limiting allowed weapons on a ranked server? Not cool, dude.

Teasing about preferred game modes aside, thanks to your clan for welcoming PAX East players! It's just not for me :P

Anyway... I'm hoping there will be some sweet BF3 servers available at BYOC... while it's great that the PC Freeplay gets to have fun with the Close Quarters DLC, I'm hoping us Vanilla/B2K folks won't be left out of the fun. Any word on LAN-connected BF3 servers, and what game modes/maps/configurations they'll be running? Or are we gonna be stuck connecting to internet servers (sweet Osiris I hope not, limited internet bandwidth and all)?

We are trying but it's unknown righty now. At the very least we will prioritize traffic for BF3 on the connection. I will have an Internet server thats in the new England area for use at pax. I will have details up on the intranet.

I now have full control over the server, so we do not just have to play metro, i can set any map on our Pax Easts hosted BF3 server! So this way if things get clogged up we can host another..

Pax East Enforcers: I have procon access to the server for administering, so if you would like to get access during game play let me know.

PS... any way of having this listed on the intranet at pax?

We also have a rotations server that i can change maps on as well. So let me know if anyone has any requests for pax!

• JonoseelJonoseel Here Be Unicorns and Dragons Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Just got some new XEON E7 processors for more servers today i think im gonna host some tf2, css, and Bf3 servers for you,

Got any other suggestions on what i should host if you want?

Pax Eat Stuff: 3 Day Badges[]; BYOC Badge[]; A Roof to stay under[X]; A ride of some sort[].
  • thr4sherthr4sher Registered User regular
    Can we get some TDM going on that BF3 server at some point?

Jonoseel wrote: »

Tribes!

• BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Just got some new XEON E7 processors for more servers today i think im gonna host some tf2, css, and Bf3 servers for you,

Where are you putting this server? o_O

<MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • hendusoonehendusoone Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    thr4sher wrote: »
    Tribes!
    As in, the original? I'm definitely bringing it, and I can run a server from my PC - either base or Meltdown Hell 3.3 (my personal favorite mod). I could be persuaded to run other mods, too, I guess.

hendusoone on
    8hiRK4y.png
    i was actually thinking tribes ascend, hehe. sorry. id prolly play the original too tho, havent played that in ages.

edited April 2012
    Same here (not playing in ages, that is). But I think it'll be fun to give it another run with as many people as we can get. Looks like the best place to grab it (if you want good Vista/Win7 compatibility) is here: https://emberlink.com/?p=tribes

Just download the latest version and have at it. No need to patch up to 1.30 - I'll be running a 1.11 server if I run one at all.

Scratch that... found a much better working (for modern versions of Windows) version of Tribes, available here: http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=607313

Unfortunately, it doesn't work with the Meltdown Hell mod. Oh well, base it is!

hendusoone on
    8hiRK4y.png
  • benswimmingbenswimming PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Speaking of which, if anyone is curious, I will be hosting a Counter Strike:Source GunGame server on my machine, with leaderboards, GG maps and all the fun stuff. It is going to be LAN only, and running on my machine the whole weekend, so feel free to jump in, if you are a fan of GunGame.

PAX EAST 2011 Omeganaut
    Twitter: sweeneyben
    XBL: Disco Ball
  • KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    Mmmmm . . . Tribes. I haven't played that in years! I'd be down for some of that action . . .

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• JonoseelJonoseel Here Be Unicorns and Dragons Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Seeing as you only sold 296 out of the 360 seats available for lanfest my friend here wants to know if it is possible to sign up for a space for his laptop?

Pax Eat Stuff: 3 Day Badges[]; BYOC Badge[]; A Roof to stay under[X]; A ride of some sort[].
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Seeing as you only sold 296 out of the 360 seats available for lanfest my friend here wants to know if it is possible to sign up for a space for his laptop?

Registration has been closed for quite some time. It's even in the thread title...

zerzhul wrote: »

Registration has been closed for quite some time. It's even in the thread title...

Oh whoops i didn't see that

thr4sher wrote: »
    Can we get some TDM going on that BF3 server at some point?

On the metro server for pax i can run what ever i would like, the other server, is just our regular clan server however runs all original conquest maps which i can set any rotation to as well.

When your at PAX EAST just search for =FA= under servers, the one your looking for is the PAX server and conquest rotations.

- Unrealized1977

How are you going to host bf3 when you need to pay for slots, or rent a dedicated server?

How are you going to host bf3 when you need to pay for slots, or rent a dedicated server?

I have connections with eoreality.net who hook me up with the software for BF3 servers from EA I just have to advertise as a end of reality server ingame instead of paying

• aidanjian12aidanjian12 Registered User regular
    anyone have an extra BYOC pass? I need one ASAP, post here or message me. Thank you!

anyone have an extra BYOC pass? I need one ASAP, post here or message me. Thank you!

Can't trade BYOC badges, its tied to a name, read the OP.

PAX EAST 2011 Omeganaut
    Can't trade BYOC badges, its tied to a name, read the OP.

true, but if someone bought say 3 passes, and suddenly one of the friends he was getting a seat for is unable to make it that person would still have an extra pass in hand. they could pick it up and give it to someone... help out a fellow gamer.

• testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    Khadour wrote: »
    Mmmmm . . . Tribes. I haven't played that in years! I'd be down for some of that action . . .

Been loving Acsend, and I would totally play some Tribes 1. Just D/L'ed the game.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • kawaiiryukokawaiiryuko New York, NYRegistered User regular
    Oh man. :( So, is there any way to get into the BYOC now? I mean, it isn't sold out? Maybe at the door? Any suggestions or thoughts welcome.

--
    kawaii
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    BYOC registration is closed and passes are non-transferable. So the answer is probably no.

E6LkoFK.png

I just saw a tweet from @Official_PAX that will call will be open from noon until 5pm tomorrow. Do those hours also apply to the BYOC badge pickup, or is that still open until 8pm?

8hiRK4y.png
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    I just saw a tweet from @Official_PAX that will call will be open from noon until 5pm tomorrow. Do those hours also apply to the BYOC badge pickup, or is that still open until 8pm?

It's likely that BYOC will call will have the same hours as badge will call.

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • ransimransim Registered User regular
    Oh man. :( So, is there any way to get into the BYOC now? I mean, it isn't sold out? Maybe at the door? Any suggestions or thoughts welcome.

It probably is sold out, the unsold spaces are probably being reserved for BYOC staff or maybe even Intel.

• JubileusJubileus Registered User regular
    So my father has 2 14' CAT 5 cables with a coupler that he is bringing home for me to bring to the LAN party. I know the guide says a 25' cable, but can I bring 2 14' CAT 5's with the coupler instead? Or is that a problem?

Jubileus wrote: »
    So my father has 2 14' CAT 5 cables with a coupler that he is bringing home for me to bring to the LAN party. I know the guide says a 25' cable, but can I bring 2 14' CAT 5's with the coupler instead? Or is that a problem?

That should be fine, one 14' will probably work as well,though bring the two to be safe, you may even be able to get away with a 5' cable if you are sitting right next to one of the hubs.

PAX EAST 2011 Omeganaut
  • JubileusJubileus Registered User regular
    SmallLady wrote: »
    It's likely that BYOC will call will have the same hours as badge will call.

So if I'm planning on picking up my BYOC badge later than 5 p.m., does that mean I cannot pick it up thursday? Or can I still pick it up later than 5 p.m. thursday?

• [H]olyGeekboy[H]olyGeekboy PAX dad and PC builder ClevelandRegistered User, ClubPA regular

I am guessing this is your first PAX? :) Yeah the BYOC thing opens pretty early. It sold out super fast last year, and this year they increased attendance by 50%. But it was open with availability for a few months, and if you miss the window, it can be devastating. :\ Sorry.

p3HkbcM.png
  • TrandescentTrandescent Registered User regular
    Can anyone give me an idea of what games I should be loading on my computer tonight? I have Tribes: Ascend, BF3, Minecraft, TF2, L4D, all that good stuff but ah.

8elUgf9.png

PAX East 2018 4-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass [X] Hotel Reservation [X]

See y'all at PAX East 2018!
    edited April 2012
    We will still be there a couple hours before/after that time but the hours were cut down, yes.

I will likely close down BYOC willcall around 7pm. I still plan on being there at around 8am.

BigRed on
  • guster11guster11 Registered User regular
    I know sc2 doesnt have LAN, so are we going to be playing sc1?

• kawaiiryukokawaiiryuko New York, NYRegistered User regular

I am guessing this is your first PAX? :) Yeah the BYOC thing opens pretty early. It sold out super fast last year, and this year they increased attendance by 50%. But it was open with availability for a few months, and if you miss the window, it can be devastating. :\ Sorry.

I never tried BYOC before so I didn't know! But next year. :) I usually just hit the free-gaming area for my gaming fix or when I'm waiting for something else. And carting my PC with my monitor et al always seemed like such a hassle! This year, I had /just/ gotten a top-of-the-line gaming laptop, so I was eager to bring that to the BYOC.

--
    kawaii
    @guster11

Lots of ppl will just be playing sc2 over battlenet

• BarkBark Registered User regular
    Will we be able to use the bridge from the westin to get to will call or should we go out and around?

sl1ao1t19fl8.png
  • Tichinde925Tichinde925 Registered User regular
    bcec-byoc-drop-off.jpg

The Northwest 1 enterance, is that Level 0, or is that Level 1?

If its Level 0, are 4 wheel carts allowed?

Northwest 1 = level 1

edited April 2012
    LESS THAN 24 HOURS TOGO!!!!!!!!!

and can some lend me a mouse pad i only have a xxxl mouse pad which wont fit in my area

Jonoseel on