As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[OOC] Star Wars: Disturbances in the Force

Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
edited December 2011 in Critical Failures

300px-Star_Wars_Logo.svg.png
Disturbances in the Force

It has been 42 years since former Jedi Knight, Anakin Skywalker, and Jedi Master, Mace Windu, defeated the corrupt and evil Chancellor Palpatine in his chambers on the planet Coruscant.

The Jedi Order library details much of the history of recent times, but much more only exists in the minds of those involved. Though tempted to side with the Sith Lord that had twisted his will for years, Anakin Skywalker stayed his hand and allowed Jedi Master Windu to execute the Grand Chancellor for his crimes against the Jedi and the Republic. After Palpatine's death, the Separatist Alliance fell apart. A search of the former chancellor's records found the leaders of the Separatists gathered on Mustafar, where they were quickly rounded up by the GAR. In three years time the war would be over, the last pockets of resistence stamped out.

These years would be very difficult for Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker. Unable to reconcile the actions of Master Windu (which were naturally accepted by the Jedi Council and the Senate) Anakin grew increasingly furious with the Jedi order in the weeks following Palpatine's death. Insisting time and again that they had acted wrongly and committed what was tantamount to murder, Skywalker conceeded that Palpatine was an evil man, a Sith, but felt his death was improper. He should have been tried for his crimes. In private, despite his knowledge of the man's evil, Anakin had harbored much love for Palpatine.

As his outrage festered, he began to view the Jedi Order as corrupt, hypocritical, and impartial, and in an impassioned speech in the council chambers, one month after being declared a hero of the Republic, he renounced the code of the Jedi and announced his long-time marriage to Padme Amidala, Senator of Naboo. The resulting scandal was short-lived, though it ended Padme's nomination as the new Chancellor, though she privately confided in many friends that it was an honor she truly did not want to begin with. Throwing her own support behind her friend and fellow nominee, Alderaan Senator Bail Organa, Organa was soon elected and began the slow task of rebuilding the Republic.

Padme resigned her senatorial seat, and returned to Naboo with her husband and former Jedi, her pregnancy still private knowledge. The couple built a home and set about the task of raising their twin children, who were born healthy and happy. Despite many visits by his old friend, Obi-Wan Kenobi (who knew of the children but kept it to himself), Skywalker refused to rejoin the Jedi. For him, the Jedi Order was dead.

Neither he nor Padme were surprised when their children began to show Force sensitivity at an early age, but Anakin was astounded at how strong the Force was with them. To prevent them from hurting themselves and others, he took it upon himself to train them in the use of their abilities, despite fervent protests from Padme, who believed they should be taken to a Jedi Temple for training. She believed their destiny was to serve the Republic as Jedi. Anakin refused to allow the "tainted" Jedi to influence his children.

This began the rift between the couple, which grew over the next several years, as Anakin's loathing of the Jedi grew to turn him into an embittered man with negative views of government and democracy, things Padme still championed in her heart. Fearful of her husband's influence on the twins, and seeing their power grow day by day - their mother finally secreted them away from Naboo shortly before their seventh birthday to the Jedi Academy on Coruscant. There, much to her surprise, they were accepted for training. Their clear power with the Force, coupled with the "Jedi training" they'd already recieved, was enough for the council to accept them. Neither child would see their parents ever again.

Anakin's discovery of his wife's "betrayal" and the "loss" of his children threw him into a fugue of mental anguish and raw anger. He couldn't bring himself to harm Padme, but in a violent rampage that left their home ablaze, Anakin left Naboo for Tatooine - his last act before leaving was to destroy his lightsaber. He lived out his remaining years on the desolate planet as a moisture farmer, a solitary and bitter old man who shunned others. Padme remained on Naboo, but dedicated herself to a life of service, opening a refugee shelter on the planet, and starting medical clinics for the impoverished. She spent decades helping those in need from hundreds of worlds, but she never entered the public life again.

Five years ago, Anakin Skywalker died. Aged before his time, the notoriously bitter and surly old moisture farmer was found by traders, who buried him in the sands of his homeworld. Shortly thereafter, despite her clear vitality, Padme Amidala Skywalker suffered a deepening illness none could explain, and she soon died as well. Her resting ceremony was attended by hundreds of thousands from across the galaxy.

As the news of his parents' deaths reached him, Jedi Master Luke Skywalker seemed to be greatly pained by the news and fell into a deep depression and isolation. After spending weeks researching in the Jedi Archives, one morning Master Skywalker simply disappeared. His quarters were found empty, a Jedi librarian found slain, and an ancient Holocron from the era of the old Sith wars stolen. Despite months of searching, the Jedi Order was unable to uncover any clues to the whereabouts of Luke Skywalker.

Five years have now passed, and our heroes have been summoned to audience chambers to meet with Jedi Master Leia Skywalker...

--

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

this is an alternate universe campaign i will be running that will take place around ~20 or so ABY (42 After Battle of Coruscant). the whole campaign idea is not original; for those who listen to the Order 66 podcast, i am riffing on one of the host's campaign premises (which is brilliant).

i'm looking for FOUR PLAYERS, with some spots reserved; you probably know who you are. i'm also going to put a CLASS RESTRICTION in place which is that there can be NO DUPLICATES! once someone takes Jedi, then that's taken (but there's nothing to say you can't be a Jedi later). no character sheets until after the party is selected; if you want to play, just throw your hat in the ring and what you'd be interested in playing. we're going to do collaborative generation on this one once the roster is nailed down.

if you have any questions that i didn't address let 'em fly

Super Namicchi on

• Options
    edited January 2012
    THE CAST
    Koyi 'Rav Muvunc CL 1

Medium Twi'lek Soldier 1
    Destiny 1; Force 5
    Init +7; Senses Perception -2, Low-Light Vision
    Languages Basic, Ryl

Defenses Ref 17 (flat-footed 13), Fort 15, Will 9
    hp 32; Threshold 17

Speed 6 squares

Ranged blaster pistol +3 (3d8)
    Melee vibrodagger +2 (1d6+1)
    Base Atk +1;

Abilities Str 13, Dex 15, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 6, Cha 12
    Talents Devastating Attack(Pistols)
    Feats Weapon Proficiency (pistols, rifles, simple weapons), Armor Proficiency(light, medium)
    Skills Acrobatics +2, Climb +6, Deception +1, Endurance +7, Gather Information +1, Jump +6, Knowledge +1, Mechanics +1, Perception -2, Persuasion +1, Ride +2, Stealth +2, Swim +1,

Deceptive: Reroll any Deception check, the result must be used even if it is lower.

Items: Heavy blaster pistol, stun baton, blast helmet and vest

Eliza Rholar CL 1

Medium Human Jedi 1
    Destiny 1; Force 5
    Init +6; Senses Perception +7
    Languages Basic, ???

Defenses Ref 13 (flat-footed 12), Fort 12, Will 14
    hp 30; Threshold 12

Speed 6 squares

Ranged none
    Melee lightsaber +2 (2d8+1)
    Base Atk +1;
    Force Powers Known (Use the Force +7) Battle Strike, Force Slam, Force Stun, Mind Trick, Move Object, Assured Strike (Lightsaber Form)

Abilities Str 12, Dex 12, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 15, Cha 15
    Talents Block
    Feats Weapon Proficiency (lightsabers, simple weapons), Force Sensitivity, Force Training x2
    Skills Acrobatics +6, Climb +1, Deception +2, Endurance +0, Gather Information +2, Initiative +6, Jump +1, Knowledge +1, Mechanics +1, Perception +7, Persuasion +2, Pilot +1, Ride +1, Stealth +1, Survival +2, Swim +1, Treat Injury +2, Use Computer +1, Use the Force +7

Items: Lightsaber, 700 credits

Dol Foom CL 1

Medium Kel Dor Jedi 1
    Destiny 1; Force 5
    Init +8; Senses low-light vision; Perception +3
    Languages Basic, Huttese, Kel Dor

Defenses Ref 15 (flat-footed 12), Fort 12, Will 15; Deflect
    hp 30; Threshold 12

Speed 6 squares
    Melee lightsaber +3 (2d8+2) or
    Melee lightsaber +3 (2d8+4) with both hands
    Ranged by weapon +4
    Base Atk +1; Grp +4
    Force Powers Known (Use The Force +6) battle strike, move object, rebuke, surge

Abilities Str 14, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 12
    Special Qualities keen force sense
    Talents Deflect
    Feats Force Sensitivity, Force Training, Weapon Proficiency (lightsabers, simple weapons)
    Primary Skills Acrobatics +8, Initiative +8, Use the Force +6 (may reroll to search their feelings or sense the Force and keep the better result)
    Secondary Skills Climb +2, Deception +1, Endurance +0, Gather Information +1, Jump +2, Knowledge (bureaucracy) +1, Knowledge (galactic lore) +1, Knowledge (life sciences) +1, Knowledge (physical sciences) +1, Knowledge (social sciences) +1, Knowledge (tactics) +1, Knowledge (technology) +1, Mechanics +1, Perception +3, Persuasion +1, Pilot +3, Ride +3, Stealth +3, Survival +3, Swim +2, Treat Injury +3, Use Computer +1
    Possessions 800 credits, lightsaber, utility belt (3 day food supply, medpac, tool kit, power pack, energy cell, glow rod, comlink, liquid cable dispenser), antiox breath mask

Sulnaq Arwak CL 1

Medium Mon Cal Scout 1
    Destiny 1; Force 5
    Init +3; Senses Perception 10
    Languages Basic, Mon Calamari, Huttese, Bothese, Jawa Trade Language

Defenses Ref 16 (flat-footed 13), Fort 13, Will 11
    hp 25; Threshold 12

Speed 6 squares, swim 4

Ranged blaster pistol +3 (3d6+1)
    Melee vibrodagger +1 (2d4+1)
    Base Atk +0;

Abilities Str 12, Dex 17, Con 13, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 8
    Talents Acute Senses
    Feats Shake It Off, Weapon Proficiency (pistols, rifles, simple weapons), Skill Focus: Perception
    Skills Climb +6, Endurance +6, Know: Ancient Civ +8, Mechanics +8, Perception +10, Stealth +8, Survival +5
    *Swim: can re-roll any swim check or take 10 even when surprised

Acute senses: Re-roll any perception check
    Shake it off: Take two swift actions to move +1 up condition track

Items: Utility Belt, Security Kit, All-weather cloak, fusion lantern, 200 credits

Alek Centarri CL 1

Medium Human scoundrel 1
    Destiny 1; Force 5
    Init +9; Senses Perception -1
    Languages Basic, Huttese

Defenses Ref 17 (flat-footed 13), Fort 12, Will 11
    hp 19; Threshold 12
    Immune +5 to Fortitude Defense against extreme heat and cold effects

Speed 6 squares
    Ranged heavy blaster pistol +6 (3d8+1) [up to 20 sq.]
    Base Atk +0; Grp +4
    Atk Options Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot
    Special Actions Advantageous Opening

Abilities Str 8, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 8, Cha 14
    Talents Advantageous Opening
    Feats Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Weapon Focus (pistols), Weapon Proficiency (pistols, simple weapons)
    Skills Acrobatics +9, Initiative +9, Perception +4, Persuasion +7, Pilot +9, Stealth +9
    Possessions all-temperature cloak, camouflage poncho (+5 Stealth), heavy blaster pistol, hip holster, utility belt (3 day food supply, medpac, tool kit, power pack,energy cell, glow rod, comlink, liquid cable dispenser)

Advantageous Opening [from the Clone Wars Campaign Guide]
    When an enemy or ally in your line of sight rolls a natural 1 on an attack roll, you can make a melee or ranged attack against a single target within range.

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    this one too

• Options
    aaand probably this one (can't be too careful)

• Options
    psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    why dont you just reserve all the posts arc.

you know thats what you really want

• Options
    SakutianSakutian Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to throw my hat into the ring and I would like to play a Soldier.

Great concept by the way even if it was inspired by someone else. I'm wondering where Mace Windu is in all of this now...

Sakutian on
    My Games

Dresden Files RPG- Dumb Luck

Playing Phillip Hess in Motor City Blues

GM of M&M "And Justice For All."
    GM of Dresden Files Low Life
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Into the Unknown
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Lost Hope- Concluded
    GM of Star Wars Sagas the Dark Times- Concluded.
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Jabba's Palace- Concluded due to injury.
    Bart Allen/ The Flash in M&M Metropolis- Concluded.
    Koyi Disturbances in the Force- Concluded.
    Jessup Owlbeard Forge of the Dawn Titan- Withdrawn due to injury.
    Sal Mander In the Shadow of Zeus- Concluded.
    Zevoto in Out in the Black- Withdrawn due to injury.
    GM of Wyvern Watch
    Berru Secune in Rise of the Jedi
  • Options
    psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    also im considering throwing a hat into a ring with a jedi or soldier, but im not sure yet. let me sleep on it.

• Options
    While you're sleeping think of something for Tissen to do in Dark Times.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    well, sak wants soldier so he is soldier

psolms can be a jeddie

• Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    no fuck you psolms

i am the jedis

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    okay horseshoe can be the jedis

• Options
    all of them

forever

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    immortal squishimmortal squish Registered User regular
    hat_in_ring.jpg

That is a pretty sick premise for a campaign, I must admit. Put me down for a rootin-tootin blasterslingin' scoundrel.

<3
  • Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    I am really interested in playing, but I only have the old rulebook. I would play any class that was left over, really, since Jedis and soldiers don't appeal to me. If there are still scouts, I would be an excellent scout. But I'm not super-picky.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I believe that Noble and Scout are available, as it is a four man campaign in one case the cheese will stand alone it seems.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Awesome. I like scouts and I'm fine with nobles, whatever the party needs.

Unless I'm not in the party, in which case, I'll have to console myself with eggnog.

• Options
    well

i'll make an exception and do five players if you really want to

isquish, sak, psolms, dani and shoe

• Options
    Hooray! I will try to be worthy of your great concept.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, goody.

Also, if psolms would like to be a scout, I'll be a noble. I'm cool with leftovers.

daniant on
  • Options
    Man I can't wait to get rolling on our characters for this.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I would really like to play too! Am I too late? Am I?

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    who's going to be the droid?

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    there's always a loveable droid in star wars

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    Noble droid?

For some reason, I see R2 in a cape when I think of this.

• Options
    I picture R2 in a monocle.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    I want to guest-star as an antagonist

And then kill the whole party

• Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Just saw this. I too would love to play if possible.

Not sure what class I would play. Would prefer Jedi, but if that's taken maybe noble.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    immortal squishimmortal squish Registered User regular
    daniant wrote:
    Noble droid?

tumblr_lqnv14Kbdr1qdhvyro1_400.jpg

<3
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Oh hello!

If there is space I would love to play a Jedi or Scoundrel. Preferably Jedi, since I have had a character for ages I have wanted to use in a Star Wars game, but if you don't want that I can play a Scoundrel instead.

• Options
    goodness

we have a lot of prospective players that i want to roll with :(

• Options
    That is a good thing, it is heartening to see some of the best players on this forum turning out for a Saga game.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I thought I was one of the reserved, but then again, Sak brings up a good point. There are a LOT of good players showing interest in this.

So how shall we proceed Mr. Arc? Pistols at dawn? Massive bribes? Or uh...you know...example character write ups?

Edit: Also, I love this premise. I read about it somewhere...I think on another forum they used the same premise for a pbp I was reading.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    goodness

we have a lot of prospective players that i want to roll with :(

I'm willing to kill off the excess in a pre-game battle to the death.

• Options
    okay since i think shoe was being facetious i will modify the roster

dani, psolms, sak, heir, isquish and solar

that's right, SIX PLAYERS

never before have i undertaken such a gargantuan party

and this also means i will abolish the Duplicate Rule i was planning on going with so

play whatever th'fuuuuck y'all want sons (and daughter)

• Options
    6 jedis

• Options
    I'm still good with my soldier.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Are we still collaborating on our generation?

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Thanks! Arcanis! I will carefully look at your background and make my character accordingly. I'd like to play a Human Jedi you guys, so if there is no issue with that I will get to it.

• Options
    Sweet.

This is gonna be awesome. Thanks for having me on board.

So what are the rules for character gen?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm just going to throw out my concept and see if that gets the ball rolling along. Hopefully it doesn't break any rules about collaborative character creation and get me booted. That'd be sad.

Koyi 'Rav Muvunc

Backstory

The beginning Koyi's story is a familiar one shared by countless Twi'leks scattered across the galaxy. She was sold into slavery by her parents at an early age and taken off of Ryloth without ever expecting to return to the world of her birth. It just so happened to be her poor fortune to pass into the ownership of the Hutts on Tatooine. While the rest of the galaxy celebrated the end of the Clone Wars and a new ear of peace Koyi was being crammed onto a cargo transport and shipped of to a desert world populated by some of the worst scum in the galaxy.

Her arrival on Tatoonie coincided with that of the return of Anakin Skywalker. The famous one time Jedi encountered Koyi for the first time while she was working in a Hutt palace fetching drinks. Anakin was discussing the terms for establsihing a moisutre farm with the Hutts. For some reason he'd taken her with him when he left the palace, of course he'd paid the Hutts for her. She hadn't been scared. Anything was better than working for those slugs.

To her surprise Skywalker drove her to the nearest town, gave her a few credits, and freed her on the spot. For the first time in her life Koyi was not someone elses property. She spent a few montsh trying to get Anakin to accept her help on his new farm but he always drove her off. He didn't want help or company. Eventually she took a job at one of the many cantinas working as a server. She elarned the way that Tatoonie worked and how to survive there.

Law and order aren't concerns when you live on a Hutt world. Criminals flock there. Murder, stealing, and smuggling are a way of life, as long as the slugs get their cut of any deals. Koyi joined the Tatoonie police foce, a squad of burned out thugs all of whom were paid off by the Hutts. She did her best to keep the honest merchants and moisture farmers from being murdered in their beds and to bring a little bit of ploish to her new home.

When Anakin died years later Koyi felt a great sadness for the loss of her one time owner. She set out to find his children and tell them how deeply losing them had affected their father. She tracked down Luke Skywalker first only to find that he'd vanished and left a body in the Jedi Archives. He was missing, possibly capture, or possibly on the run and facing a murder charge. Either way this was her chance to help him like sh'ed failed to help Anakin.

Personality
    Koyi is a police officer on Tatooine. She believes in justice and the rule of law but she also understands that sometimes you have to bend the rules to reach your goals. Her sense of duty drives her on and she is loyal to a fault. Not the most open person she does feel a great affection for those who manage to get close to her.

She also has a big problem with thinking before she acts. Looking before she leaps and thinking before she opens her mouth aren't her usual methods of operating.

Relationships
    I want to make one thing very clear abaout Anakin and Koyi. They weren't friends and they didn't even manage to get along very well. They did however find a great deal of common ground and she adopted a fair amount of her world view from his own bitter view of the galaxy. Honestly if a famous Jedi who helped shape the Republic has an opinion it must carry some value.

So Koyi would ride out to Anakin's farm a few times a month. Make sure he was still alive, and do her best to force him to socialize before she'd get fed up and head back to town.

So yeah that is my idea. Essentially a Twi'lek cop. I tried to leave plenty of room for meetings with the rest of the party and ideas that I have yet to think of.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    I've got my eye on a Kel-Dor Jedi, but I have a noble in mind too. Not sure yet.

camo_sig2.png