As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Community: Season 4 Premiere February 7, Old Timeslot

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    How is this civil war going to take place anyway? Are they going to fight with pillows and sheets or are they going to break out the paintball guns again?

I heard a gunshot and a horse in the fight.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I saw one member of Mystery Team on each front line when the battle broke out

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    HadjiQuest wrote: »
    SUBWAY, NOOOO

This is in my top 5 episodes, if not an all time favorite.
    The subway suit had a boner.

I feel dumb for not getting that. I was as bemused as the Dean at that point.

Bemused?
    Dean also had a boner. That's why he refused to get up to hand Subway Man his coat.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    quantumcat42quantumcat42 Registered User regular
    Ahahhahaa, wow I totally didn't get that. That's fantastic. I now have a boner for the show.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Bursar wrote: »
    SUBWAY, NOOOO

Bemused?
    Dean also had a boner. That's why he refused to get up to hand Subway Man his coat.

Oh god the layers to this. I missed that second part.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    SUBWAY, NOOOO

Bemused?

Oh god the layers to this. I missed that second part.

But it was Brita, not Jeff and there weren't any dalmatians.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

They were both there. DC Pierson was with Troy and the other guy was with Abed.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Bedigunz wrote: »

They were both there. DC Pierson was with Troy and the other guy was with Abed.

Yeah sorry, I phrased it weird, I meant one on each. I think the other guys name is... Dominic Dierkes? I know he was on Mad Men last week too haha

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Same dude was in House of Lies. He's getting tons of small parts.

Also DC Pierson is in an insurance commercial or something.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    what were the ayn rand references?

Goodman's speech to Abed was one. The whole "people should be forced to compete against the best or perish" thing.

Oh, and I wasn't suggesting that Annie sneezing and Jeff responding was related to all that, I just thought it was independently funny.

If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    I love Goodman's grandiose speeches, especially when they're juxtaposed against the menial nature of air conditioning repair.

"Are you ready to join the elite brotherhood of guys who fix air conditioners?"

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    pop pop, captain.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    SUBWAY, NOOOO

Bemused?

I thought this might have been the case, but thought his ignorance was funnier.

• Options
    useless4useless4 Registered User regular
    I love Goodman's grandiose speeches, especially when they're juxtaposed against the menial nature of air conditioning repair.

I just spent $3,500.00 on fixing mine today. It's not menial. It's obviously a long and undervalued trade that started because a: we don't like heat in our house and b: we chose to do something - anything - else rather then learning how to make hot rooms room temp.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I enjoyed Pierce this episode
    "You read it, my brain gets a little fuzzy this time of night." "It's 10 am" "Thank you"

Actually, that line is even weirder in that he says "You're welcome" instead of "Thank you."

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Right, I suppose that was too weird for my brain to retain.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    The chalkboard in the study room, it's got something on it that's quasi-breaking the fourth wall I think. I need to find a clean screen grab of it, but it's got something along the lines of "Dad if you can read this, please send money."

edit: here is as good as I can find, for reference:
    corel026.jpg

I think a good Pierce story arc would be to have him go crazy because he's no longer running Hawthorne Wipes, and without that one bit of crazy in his life, everything else falls apart.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    It could be possible Pierce is starting to have dementia or Alzheimers, but I doubt they would get that dark. He could be leaning on a nervous breakdown because the company was that last thing holding his self esteem together.

The stuff with the ink now makes more sense.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    all I can make out is "Hey Dad, if you can read this please send money! The TV & Film thingy didn't work out!"
    Then maaaybe
    "I'm still (waiting?) to go to (something something) School. Love your son (Bubba?)"

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    It could be possible Pierce is starting to have dementia or Alzheimers, but I doubt they would get that dark. He could be leaning on a nervous breakdown because the company was that last thing holding his self esteem together.

Could it be the ink causing his dementia, or is that too much like the previous-Pierce-on-pills-plot-point? (say that 5x fast)

• Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyhNxiOBv8o

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    hey wait a minute
    the Dean had a goatee at the start of this season...
    DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUNNNN

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Tav wrote: »
    SUBWAY, NOOOO

Bemused?

yah I don't think he has a boner, he's confused.

I instantly thought alzheimers but yeah, there's no fun way to deal with that

hard to say if he's just losing his mind because he's drinking ink or if it's a symptom

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    So many great lines in this episode.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Keith Dudemeister has banged Eliot Reid, Sweet Dee, AND Britta. He needs to stop banging his way through my favorite sitcom blondes. Elisha Cuthbert and Eliza Coupe better watch themselves

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Keith Dudemeister has banged Eliot Reid, Sweet Dee, AND Britta. He needs to stop banging his way through my favorite sitcom blondes. Elisha Cuthbert and Eliza Coupe better watch themselves

At least to bang Britta he had to take some fingers in the butthole.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »

At least to bang Britta he had to take some fingers in the butthole.

It comes full circle if they were listening to Michael Haggins:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXvuUp-KY5g

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    SUBWAY, NOOOO

Bemused?

Clearly someone must tweet Dan Harmon and ask for this burning question to be resolved.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    When the Dean has a boner, you know it.

lookathisshadow.gif

• Options
    SUBWAY, NOOOO

Bemused?

Clearly someone must tweet Dan Harmon and ask for this burning question to be resolved.

Would we make a distinction between the character and the actor?

• Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Hey the girl from Derrick Comedy is also in the blanket army.

He likes gay jokes.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I said we write great jokes

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Don't flatter yourselves.

• Options
    Dean: "I was just googling record lengths of stuff..."

I just got that.
    Penises

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    No, world's longest dalmatian
    ...penis

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I forgot about the Dean goatee. That is way too much of a coincidence. They are playing around with goatees this season.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    SUBWAY, NOOOO

Bemused?

I instantly thought alzheimers but yeah, there's no fun way to deal with that

hard to say if he's just losing his mind because he's drinking ink or if it's a symptom

i think the ink thing is a 'just another invention' thing that's a part of his character
    it's also a way for them to give him more physical comedy which chevy chase excels at

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    RhalloTonnyRhalloTonny Of the BrownlandsRegistered User regular
    I may be in the minority here, but this episode really didn't do it for me. This and last week's are the only episodes that I haven't wanted to watch again the next day.

Good God, Pierce looked creepy with a mouth full of ink.

!
  • Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    Chevy Chase in Feud with Community creator Dan Harmon
    Things are looking up for NBC’s perennial bubble series Community, which has been solid since returning from a long hiatus earlier this month, establishing itself as NBC’s second highest-rated comedy behind The Office. But behind the scenes, a rift between co-star Chevy Chase and creator/executive producer/showrunner Dan Harmon has escalated into an ugly war of words.

Accounts of the feud have leaked online, including on social news website Reddit. The chronology of the events, corroborated to me by multiple sources, involves Chase walking off the set of the show on the last day of shooting last month without filming one of his scenes, which reportedly was to close out the season finale. Then at the wrap party, Harmon got up and gave a “Fuck you, Chevy” speech in front of Chase and his wife and daughter, and encouraged the crew to join him in saying “fuck you” to the actor. Chase left immediately and later left Harmon a profane-laden voice message, a portion of which found its way to the Web after Harmon played it in front of other people. Click here for audio. (Warning: foul language! NOTE: The audio link has just been disabled, a copy of the file will be uploaded below the story momentarily) In the voice message, Chase addresses both his storming off the set, which he attributes to not getting the script beforehand, (some say it’s because he didn’t find the scene funny) and the wrap party incident.

People close to the matter told me they weren’t surprised by the feud, noting that Chase already had a reputation of being difficult before signing on for Community. (I hear it was NBC’s former boss Ben Silverman who championed Chase for the project and was instrumental in bringing him on board.) Word is Chase has stormed off the set of the NBC show in the middle of a scene a number of times and has also gotten into arguments with Community executive producers-directors Anthony and Joe Russo. There had been tension between Chase and Harmon, and with both of them described as “passionate” or “volatile,” depending who you talk to, a blowup was “inevitable,” one person said. Ironically, a recorded Chevy Chase phone call played a major role in another feud involving the Saturday Night Live alum, that with shock jock Howard Stern.

It is unclear at the moment what impact the falling-out between Harmon and Chase would have on Community and whether Chase would continue on the show. The producers’ attention right now is focused on securing a fourth-season renewal for the offbeat comedy, which appears more and more likely. The pickup is key to the syndication prospects of the series, which has an off-network deal with Comedy Central as well as a non-exclusive pact with Hulu. While he was the biggest name when Community launched, the series has made stars out of several of its little known supporting players, with Joel McHale firmly established as the show’s leading man. Still, Community has benefited Chase, boosting his sagging career with a role on a hip show.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Hm, more or less surprising than Keith Olbermann being fired for being an arrogant jackass?

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.