Options

[Game ON] Bullet Witch

2»

• Options
    mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Rise from your grave, thread!

I just bought this (for $50, even), but it's sitting here unopened. I stand now at a crossroads: either tomorrow it goes back to Wal Mart for a refund, or I open it and play it.

There does seem to be some downloadable content for this on the US marketplace, but I don't know if it's any good. Metacritic warned me pretty sternly about this being a mediocre game. For those of you who have played the US release: is there an option for Japanese audio with English subtitles? Does the DLC add much to the game?

(It also doesn't seem like this would be a 'fanservice-heavy' game.)

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Bought this game for 30€ (40$ or so?] and have been playing it on and off for the last week.

It may not be a perfect game but I am having LOTS of fun with it. And fun is always the biggest factor to look at.

If you can overlook some problems and graphics that sometimes look great and other times not so much and you won't shut it off just because the gameplay is a bit repetitive, try this game out.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    cemetery mancemetery man Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    It looks really fun to me, I'll prolly pick it up used or something sometime. I'm just not sure about it being worth 50$ though for the fella who was having trouble deciding on a return or not.

cemetery man on
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I rented it, and honestly, I'm not terribly impressed. While the ability to occasionally blow shit up and or cast insane spells is cool, the rest of it is mediocre. The movement isn't very smooth, the enemies are boring and generic (at least early on), the guns don't feel all that different (I've got the regular gun, shotgun and sniper gun), and it's not nearly as stylish as you'd hope (Gungrave was far more interesting, imo)

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    MarvellousMMarvellousM United StatesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Get Earth Defense Force 2017 instead, its delivers the third person shooter thrills for less money and its about a trillion times more entertaining.

MarvellousM on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Klyka wrote: »
    Bought this game for 30€ (40$ or so?] and have been playing it on and off for the last week.

It may not be a perfect game but I am having LOTS of fun with it. And fun is always the biggest factor to look at.

If you can overlook some problems and graphics that sometimes look great and other times not so much and you won't shut it off just because the gameplay is a bit repetitive, try this game out.
    Some of the downloadable content seems to let you replay some of the levels with all of your spells unlocked. Does that seem like it'd be significantly more fun than with no spells?

(Also, do you remember if Japanese audio with subtitles is available? I took five semesters of that language so if the English voiceacting is bad that's a good alternative for me.)

mspencer on
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    mspencer wrote: »
    Klyka wrote: »

Some of the downloadable content seems to let you replay some of the levels with all of your spells unlocked. Does that seem like it'd be significantly more fun than with no spells?

(Also, do you remember if Japanese audio with subtitles is available? I took five semesters of that language so if the English voiceacting is bad that's a good alternative for me.)

I have the german version with english voice overs.

There is no option to turn on japanese voices that I could find.

I only downloaded the free new costume, will buy the missions once I finished the game.

In what level are you without spells? Even in the first level you can use Lightning and stuff.

edit: oh and there is a boss fight on an air plane. a FLYING air plane. it may have some problems but it's still far from a really bad game. at least for me.
    Once i beat everything in it and the DLC this goes back to the store though (i'm not a big fan of replaying games) and i'll get EDF2015

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Get Earth Defense Force 2017 instead, its delivers the third person shooter thrills for less money and its about a trillion times more entertaining.

bruin on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Alright, I just rented both Bullet Witch and Earth Defense Force 2017. I will post detailed observations and opinions in this thread.

Plus it gives me something to do while waiting for midnight. Midnight is when I buy my copy of Guitar Hero II for the 360.

mspencer on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Raising from the dead to ask this.

I was thinking of picking this up today with the $10 off used 360 coupon at EB which would cost me about $15 total. I know it got kinda mediocre reviews and everything but wanted to hear more from people here who have played it.

I'm not expecting to be blown away by it, but it kinda looks like a fun game to kill a few hours with.
    Just looking for your opinions if you've played it/own it.

Plus I could always return it if it sucks hard.

cemetery man on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I bought it for 20$ and had fun with it.

You can get a lot of free DLC for it too or DLC that costs like 100 points or so.

I can recommend it for some mindless fun and cool "force push" killing sprees, but it defnitely not an AAA game.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    It amused me for a few days. If it's worth it is going to depend upon how much you value a few hours of controlling a skimpily clad witch shooting zombies.

A skimpily clad witch with like 5 costumes from (free) DLC.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Cool, so I'll probably pick it up today since I can get $10 off. I'll play it once I'm done with Bioshock which is awesome in case anyone was still doubting checking it out.

cemetery man on