Ok, its that time of the year again...Everyone get your party hats on and start celebrating.What is This?
This is a MiniPhalla for 20-25 people. See here
for information on what a Phalla is.
This is the sequel to this game
, so you're encouraged to read some of that game if you want a good idea as to what goes on.The CatchRather than me assigning roles, each person will make his own role and send it to me in a PM
I will then collect all the roles and 'balance
' them. The 'balance
' basically means imposing some negative aspect to each role or outright removing powers.
The more creative you are with the role theme, power or win condition etc, the more generous i'm going to be when it comes to balancing. Additionally, the less common your ability or power choice is the less likely you are to have it removed or be given some horrendous downside.
Last game too many people picked vig and I had to cut a few. Hindsight told me I didn't cut enough. I won't make that mistake again, be creative.
The only direct rule on role choice that exists is that, as this is a Christmas themed game, Your role must be at least loosely christmas (or holiday/whatever the politically correct term is) themed.Ok, so how do i play?
Once you PM me your role submission, i'll add you to the player list. Signing up
is entirely optional and does nothing other than letting me (and others) that you'd like to play.
The bare minimum you need to send me is a character name and a brief description.
Obviously the more you send (i.e powers, win conditions/alignment etc) the more your character is in your control rather than mine. T
A example list of roles you could use for inspiration is available here
VOTE CLOSE will be at 2:00AM EST(American)
- No anonymous contact. PMs, proboards, IRC or IMs etc are all allowed as long as both players talking know who the other is in game. Additionally, i ask that you send me links to any proboards you create.
- Don't use the 'add to conversation feature in a conversation that's already been started. It allows you to prove what someone said in a way that shouldn't be possible.
- No screenshoting or direct quoting of your role PM or any other information I send you. You are allowed to paraphrase it however, unless i state otherwise.
- Dead players may not converse with living players and vice versa. When you die, whatever you know dies with you. Ghost posts are tolerated but frowned upon and they must not contain anything game related.
- Voting is done in bold red. Retracting can be done in bold lime but is not required, just revote.
- Posts containing a vote cannnot be edited. You are not allowed to delete posts.
- Clarifications should be asked in bold orange.
- You must make ONE vote each day. There is no minimum post number, but if I feel you are not contributing to the game enough I will send you a warning (not the same as an inactivity notice). If you fail to meet these requirements you will have 12 hours to respond to my inactivity notice PM or I will contact a reserve to replace you.
For convenience sake, if you want to PM me individually, please reply to your role PM. It makes it easier if i have one PM strand from each player. Additionally, i realise that vote close may be too late for some people to stay up to. If you need to relay a message post vote-close but prior to narration, you can PM me the message and i will relay it ,in your name, prior to narration for you.