As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Je Veux Te [Chat]

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Arch wrote:
    I AM CALLING MY LAWYER

He probably won't return your call since last time you paid him you were a little short.

nibXTE7.png
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote:
    [img]ht tp://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lstcbvh8XX1r46t4lo1_500.jpg[/img]

Ahaha oh my god where are you getting these?

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Arch wrote:
    I AM CALLING MY LAWYER

He probably won't return your call since last time you paid him you were a little short.

:x

okay time for more coffee and then studying for my final tomorrow

toooooodles

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Mazzyx wrote:
    In general if you get are getting mugged at gun point/knife point unless you are some heavily trained person it is best to just give up the wallet and report it to the police. Which is pretty much what I would do.

Kind of like if you have the chance, better to run away from people who out number you who want to fight you. Self preservation should probably be high on your list of things. But I am coming in late so I might be talking about something different here.

it seems like the conversation was initially addressing self-defense- not 'how to feel like a bad-ass in a situation where violence is avoidable'. maybe someone was saying that but it wasn't the point. the nature of the conversation was 'in a situation where violence is your only recourse, would you exercise violence in defending yourself'

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Arch wrote:
    Arch wrote:
    I AM CALLING MY LAWYER

:x

Oh, don't get so bent out of shape.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Fake Arch, when are you coming to Seattle?

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    HerrCron wrote:
    japan wrote:
    japan wrote:
    In other news I am increasingly concerned that I am just bad at modern videogames.

I can't work the combat in AssBro. The simple act of hitting blokes with implements of hurting is proving surprisingly difficult.

This isn't supposed to happen until you have a child though, and they utter those magical words, "Here dad, let me do it."

I just had an "oh god so this is what that feels like" moment, because there was a little helpful thing telling me what buttons to press, and I was pressing those very buttons and nothing was happening.

I had this for a while with the Assassins Creed II - eventually it all just clicked but there was definitely about five minutes of "WHY, WHY WON'T IT DO A THING?"

I need to figure out if there's a tutorial or training thingy somewhere.

I had trouble with the combat in Batman:AA as well, since I could never get the counter to work more often than about one in three attempts and the "evade" move didn't.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote:
    I like that Feral is here to post funny pictures in the face of an especially stupid [chat] moment.

He's the hero we deserve.

The first and only time Comic Sans has been used for heroism.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Nooooo. How can Arch leave before I make the scoliosis joke?!

WHYYYYY

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Chanus wrote:
    I like that Feral is here to post funny pictures in the face of an especially stupid [chat] moment.

He's the hero we deserve.

The first and only time Comic Sans has been used for heroism.

Comic Sans. It was Comic Sans that killed my parents. On the far side of the world, I tasted Comic Sans in it's purest form and thought I'd conquered it. But, Comic Sans followed me home...

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    sup doggs

how are you adn you

thats right

919UOwT.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote:
    Feral wrote:
    [img]ht tp://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lstcbvh8XX1r46t4lo1_500.jpg[/img]

Ahaha oh my god where are you getting these?

http://comicsansthe.tumblr.com/

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    tumblr_lvs5evhDz01r7viaco1_500.jpg

Gooey wrote:
    sup doggs

how are you adn you

thats right

who do you think you are

what is the meaning of this

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    tumblr_ltb332pq471r46t4lo1_500.png

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    tumblrll026gochb1qhad68.jpg

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    japan wrote:
    HerrCron wrote:
    japan wrote:
    japan wrote:
    In other news I am increasingly concerned that I am just bad at modern videogames.

I can't work the combat in AssBro. The simple act of hitting blokes with implements of hurting is proving surprisingly difficult.

This isn't supposed to happen until you have a child though, and they utter those magical words, "Here dad, let me do it."

I just had an "oh god so this is what that feels like" moment, because there was a little helpful thing telling me what buttons to press, and I was pressing those very buttons and nothing was happening.

I had this for a while with the Assassins Creed II - eventually it all just clicked but there was definitely about five minutes of "WHY, WHY WON'T IT DO A THING?"

I need to figure out if there's a tutorial or training thingy somewhere.

I had trouble with the combat in Batman:AA as well, since I could never get the counter to work more often than about one in three attempts and the "evade" move didn't.

I had my problems up until the tutorial section was available in AssCreed II, which is after quite a bit if I recall. Maybe it's the same deal in AssBro?
    There was lots of *mash buttons until someone falls down* moments up until then.

sig.gif
    all you needed to do in ac2 was the counter-kill move, whatever button that was

that was basically the i win button

i went through the entire game with that

919UOwT.png
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I am actually tempted to play hobbits.
    bandobras.jpg

Because the hobbits are awesome.

But the rest of the units there are a bit boring.

Hm....

ftOqU21.png
    tumblr_lvzhzy4cds1r7viaco1_500.jpg

comic sans walks into a bar

bartender says, we don't serve your type in here

Organichu wrote:
    Gooey wrote:
    sup doggs

how are you adn you

thats right

who do you think you are

are you coming on friday or what

if you ar i hope you like bein punched

919UOwT.png
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote:

but!

but!

after you kill someone, press attack and hold the thingy in the direction of a nearby enemy

you kill him too

just like that

and then another one

and then another one

man there was one mission that involved, for me atleast, a huge mass of enemies

when you genuinely begin to cackle maniacally

the best moments

ftOqU21.png
  • HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote:

I think it was harder with enemies like brutes, but yeah - it was pretty handy.
    That plus judicial use of smoke bombs made most fights pretty easy, once you got going.

sig.gif
    Gooey wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    Gooey wrote:
    sup doggs

how are you adn you

thats right

who do you think you are

we will have a matrix style shootout in the lower east side?

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    Mazzyx wrote:
    In general if you get are getting mugged at gun point/knife point unless you are some heavily trained person it is best to just give up the wallet and report it to the police. Which is pretty much what I would do.

Kind of like if you have the chance, better to run away from people who out number you who want to fight you. Self preservation should probably be high on your list of things. But I am coming in late so I might be talking about something different here.

it seems like the conversation was initially addressing self-defense- not 'how to feel like a bad-ass in a situation where violence is avoidable'. maybe someone was saying that but it wasn't the point. the nature of the conversation was 'in a situation where violence is your only recourse, would you exercise violence in defending yourself'

Ahh, violence should be an act of last choice in my mind. But that doesn't mean you never exercise that choice in my mind.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Thanatos wrote:
    Fake Arch, when are you coming to Seattle?

Survey sayyyyys

Sometime in the summer?

I am supposed to be taking a class at Friday Harbor labs there then

ALSO apparently there is a spam block on the forums and I got flagged for it

whoooooops

anyway toodles for serious

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Yeah the fluid exhange thing is pretty risky, but still, if my choice is die/maimed or risk getting sick then I'll take the 2nd option. I would totally bite faces like fucking Hannibal if the person is fighting for their life after pointing a gun at me.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote:

That is basically what I have been doing.

There is a little guide thing that says it is X to attack, but pressing X does not appear to do anything approximately 80% of the time, whereas the counter kill I can manage to pull off reliably. Similarly there is apparently A to kick, but that doesn't appear to do anything either.

Organichu wrote:
    Gooey wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    Gooey wrote:
    sup doggs

how are you adn you

thats right

who do you think you are

we will have a matrix style shootout in the lower east side?

i have been practicing my ka-ra-te

919UOwT.png
    hgh.jpg

Oh god we're sending out christmas cards.

Why am I so old

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Oh god we're sending out christmas cards.

Why am I so old

Just finished writing mine. The list was surprisingly short this year. I think we may have lost some friends or something.

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    An Accountant object walks into a vector of type Bar and the Bartender method says I don't feel like finishing this joke.

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    In AC2 I just used the assassim blades all the time. It would flip out and allow assassinations while in combat.

PSN: Honkalot
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    God I'm glad I'm not married. Not having to send Christmas cards is great.

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    My instructor is pretty awesome. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon, when I'm supposed to have my final exam.

I was gonna come in tomorrow morning to do the exam instead. However, because my instructor is awesome he let me do it today.

I am now

officially

finished college

hello chat how is your day

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Heh, Christmas cards. Screw that shit.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    Pony wrote:
    My instructor is pretty awesome. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon, when I'm supposed to have my final exam.

I was gonna come in tomorrow morning to do the exam instead. However, because my instructor is awesome he let me do it today.

I am now

officially

finished college

hello chat how is your day

Courage Wolf says

COLLEGE IS OVER

NOW THE HUNT BEGINS

Two goats enter, one car leaves
This discussion has been closed.