As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Je Veux Te [Chat]

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote:
    I am going to be a trooper because they have a big gun and they point it at bad guys and then the bad guys stop moving and in the distance an orphaned baby cries
    Yo, @Jacobkosh, you and someone else were discussing what to do for ToR creation. I'mma be making a Jedi Knight on the Canderous Ordo server, and a Sith Inquisitor on The Twin Spears server.

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Arch wrote:
    desc wrote:
    Going dark side choices with the Jedi Knight was yielding good story stuff for me in betA

Also I want my early access >:l

I'm talkin about abilities here

I don't know what the functional differences in abilities are between the jedi knight and the sith thingy

warrior

I didn't like my Consular at all in retrospect the abilities were pretty boring.

yeah thats my point

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Well this is ugly

HP's new logo

hp_mb_logo.gif

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I'll make some food instead. Kinda hungry.

ftOqU21.png
  • Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote:
    spool32 wrote:
    First car was a Fiero that burst into flames while I was driving it.

After that, an 88 Nissan Sentra boxmobile.

Then a Ford Galaxy minivan.

Then we moved overseas and I drove a Rover of some type, a sedan.

Moved back, a 92 Toyota Camry and a 2003 Honda Odyssey

Now, the Honda and a 2009 Nissan Versa hatchback.

At least the Fiero had common decency to commit suicide due to the shame of being a Fiero.

:^: My buddy had one in high school, loved to brag about it having a Ferarri engine.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote:
    spool32 wrote:

At least the Fiero had common decency to commit suicide due to the shame of being a Fiero.

It was pretty spectacular, honestly. A worse disaster you could hardly script.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Kalkino wrote:
    Chanus wrote:
    Kalkino wrote:
    Living where a car is not necessary right up until public transport stops or fails during mid Winter. Like Christmas Day, when I have to get across town. I'm going to have to borrow a bike

Well, I would still want to own a car... just would like to be able to hop the bus/train/whatever to work and the grocery store and stuff.

I'd like to have a car just in case, but it would only be useful once or twice a month outside of inter city travel. It would be more effort that it would save going shopping. Plus owning/parking a car in Central London is pretty expensive, far more than I could justify given the strong possibility of infrequent use.

Yeah, in my perfect world, I'd have a house with a garage and easy bus/train/etc access but the cost of living would be super low :P

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    Well this is ugly

HP's new logo

hp_mb_logo.gif

I like it

because I hate HP

ftOqU21.png
    Well this is ugly

HP's new logo

hp_mb_logo.gif

No way. That's just the same logo but with the white and black reversed!

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Well this is ugly

HP's new logo

hp_mb_logo.gif

All I see are two middle fingers.

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    If I could convince the wife to move into a condo downtown I we could live off of one car just fine, and rarely use it.

However a condo would cost roughly 3 times what we'd pay for a nice house, so that's kind of a bad idea in the long run.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote:
    What's with all these commercials for men's catheters on tv now? Has the boomers gotten that old now?

The next tsunami to hit the world is the Boomer tsunami.

I am a community health care worker, my people have been prophesying this doom for, like, since the 70's.

Btw, if you need a job, we are short staffed. Or become a real nurse. Or anything to do with keeping people alive.

uua7vcvlm.gif

ftOqU21.png
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Then a 1990 Eagle Talon Turbo

:O

That was the best car, aside from the fact you've got to get a new transmission about every 40K miles.

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote:
    Well this is ugly

HP's new logo

hp_mb_logo.gif

Yeah I was going to say, they're finally being truthful in the logo.

nibXTE7.png
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    I kind of like that logo. Kind of detrimental as a logo though.

Kagera wrote:
    What's with all these commercials for men's catheters on tv now? Has the boomers gotten that old now?

I am a community health care worker, my people have been prophesying this doom for, like, since the 70's.

Btw, if you need a job, we are short staffed. Or become a real nurse. Or anything to do with keeping people alive.

Or become a serial killer of the elderly.

Or, well, both. They usually go hand in hand with those professions.

ftOqU21.png
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

That was the best car, aside from the fact you've got to get a new transmission about every 40K miles.

It was a 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse though. Dodge went through that phase where they were rebadging anything Mitsubishi made.

nibXTE7.png
    Dark_Side wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:
    spool32 wrote:

:^: My buddy had one in high school, loved to brag about it having a Ferarri engine.

What the hell? It definitely did not have the engine from a Ferarri in it. It had a shitty GM 4 cylinder.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Oh man My and the Fiancee are dyin here this is too awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKZxBDO5VR4

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Hmm, i'm torn, do i want to buy Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon on Steam?

edited December 2011
    Speaking of cars: Vote on which car I should buy pay super low monthly payments of $300.00/mth [CAD]!
    Chevrolet-Sonic_Sedan_2012_01aa72370.jpg Chevy Sonic
    or
    Hyundai-Accent_2012_15ao105026.jpg Hyundai Accent

Caveman Paws on
    If I could convince the wife to move into a condo downtown I we could live off of one car just fine, and rarely use it.

However a condo would cost roughly 3 times what we'd pay for a nice house, so that's kind of a bad idea in the long run.

Move to San Diego. There are condo's on sale down there cheaper than most of the surrounding area's homes. It isn't until you get out into the boondocks east county where prices level back out.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

It was a 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse though. Dodge went through that phase where they were rebadging anything Mitsubishi made.

yeah but it was turbo

the eclipse gsx was a bad ass car

Abdhyius wrote:
    Kagera wrote:

Or become a serial killer of the elderly.

Or, well, both. They usually go hand in hand with those professions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5FRPfGiC8

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote:
    Well this is ugly

HP's new logo

hp_mb_logo.gif

I was just thinking the same thing.

HP: Fuck your printing needs, by another cartridge #45, bitch!

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote:

Helping these leeches on society stay alive seems counter to my interests

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Dark_Side wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:
    spool32 wrote:

Engine swap outs are super common for Fieros. But the stock engines for it were GM engines. That liked to catch fire sometimes.

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I wish we had a thread about competitive rowing.

You know, so I could report it for being oarsome.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    According to Wikipedia the average UK car owner spends about £5000 a year on running it, including depreciation. Screw that noise!

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Dark_Side wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:
    spool32 wrote:

Engine swap outs are super common for Fieros. But the stock engines for it were GM engines. That liked to catch fire sometimes.

Fiero: Not just a clever name.

Drez wrote:

You should feel ashamed for this.

nibXTE7.png
    spool32 wrote:
    Dark_Side wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:
    spool32 wrote:

What the hell? It definitely did not have the engine from a Ferarri in it. It had a shitty GM 4 cylinder.

I remember him opening up the rear hatch one time to show me, and I do remember it indeed having a red valve cover, but I suspect someone had either put an aftermarket valve cover on it, or it was the V6 version that had red valve covers. At any rate he was a notorious bullshitter, so I just smiled and nodded my head. In true Fiero fashion, they could never even get it to run anyway.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    what's the point of living in an urban center where you don't really need a car

when everyone's too fucking lazy to go anywhere

my aunt walks downstairs, goes 'mmm, i'm craving cereal'

pours out a bowl, looks and discovers we're out of milk, goes FUUUUUUCK

her: i guess i can't have cereal :/
    me: i have money? i can give you money for milk
    her: i don't wanna go get it
    me: ...

it's literally 'around the corner'. not in like, the way someone in the country would say 'oh, it's just down the road'.

this is literally around the corner- you walk to the corner of our small, urban street, make a left, and it's less than half a block away

if you walk quickly you could leave our door and be inside the place in less than a minute

but now her dry cereal is sitting in a bowl in the fridge until someone else goes to buy milk!

the slovenly disgust me

not quite.... The Eagle Talon, Mitsubishi Eclipse, and Plymouth Laser were all the same car with slightly different front air dams made at Diamond Star motors. It was a joint venture between Chrysler and Mitsubishi to launch some cheaper sporty alternatives to the dodge "fast car" line. They did the same thing with the 3000GT and the Dodge Stealth.

It wasn't really rebadging, but Dodge was relying heavily on Mitsubishi for the tech. It was all built in the US though.

DSM is actually still making Mitsubishi cars, but far less... According to wikipedia they only made like 40K cars in 2010.

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Drez wrote:

You should feel ashamed for this.

I don't.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    21st, Insect Armageddon is the less good game of the franchise.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Kalkino wrote:
    Chanus wrote:
    Kalkino wrote:
    Living where a car is not necessary right up until public transport stops or fails during mid Winter. Like Christmas Day, when I have to get across town. I'm going to have to borrow a bike

Well, I would still want to own a car... just would like to be able to hop the bus/train/whatever to work and the grocery store and stuff.

I'd like to have a car just in case, but it would only be useful once or twice a month outside of inter city travel. It would be more effort that it would save going shopping. Plus owning/parking a car in Central London is pretty expensive, far more than I could justify given the strong possibility of infrequent use.

I dunno if they have these in other countries, but in the US we have hourly car rental services. It's a little expensive, but it's cheaper than parking in the city, and you don't need to have personal car insurance.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    Organichu wrote:
    what's the point of living in an urban center where you don't really need a car

when everyone's too fucking lazy to go anywhere

my aunt walks downstairs, goes 'mmm, i'm craving cereal'

pours out a bowl, looks and discovers we're out of milk, goes FUUUUUUCK

her: i guess i can't have cereal :/
    me: i have money? i can give you money for milk
    her: i don't wanna go get it
    me: ...

it's literally 'around the corner'. not in like, the way someone in the country would say 'oh, it's just down the road'.

this is literally around the corner- you walk to the corner of our small, urban street, make a left, and it's less than half a block away

if you walk quickly you could leave our door and be inside the place in less than a minute

but now her dry cereal is sitting in a bowl in the fridge until someone else goes to buy milk!

the slovenly disgust me

I mean... I can't say I've never had a day where I would be that averse to physical activity.

But as a matter of course, that's pretty sad.

Hahahah Organichu she didn't even put the cereal back in the box?

This discussion has been closed.