As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[StarCraft2] Trash micro but win--is marine.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    we agree lots!

I can't help but think they could be doing more I guess. I'm not all that aware of what they have done though. I think they tend towards waiting and doing mass bannings at certain points but I'm not sure if they've applied that to starcraft.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Seguer wrote: »
    Variable wrote:
    I continue to agree, dhal

about 40 minutes to code SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

No Protoss
    No Seguer

your heart is broken

boxer is playing! and sen!

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Watching the GSL is too much hard work for me these days - i usually just follow the results and catch any good VODs later on.

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote:
    what is starcraft to you guys?

for me, starcraft is simultaneously the most exciting, the most frustrating, the most rewarding, most satisfying, most difficult, and most compelling entertainment experience I've ever had.

In broad strokes, it's revealed more about gamer culture to me than any piece of media before it. I'm not really your stereotypical nerd and don't really have 'gamer' friends beyond those who play a bit of FIFA / Pro Evo soccer - I don't have any 'friends' on Xbox live, I've never met anyone else who played WoW and if I said the worlds 'Baldur's Gate' to any of my friends they'd probably think I was expaining some strange exotic STD.

SC2 to me is something that has shown both the amazing communities that games can foster as well as the legitimate competitive aspect of a past-time that I previously felt slightly embarrassed to take part in - at the back of my mind I felt it was somehow childish, and that I should grow out of it. It's elevated gaming to a proper 'hobby' rather than something I simply do in my spare time - something that I research, follow and learn about in the same way that I do music production (my secret passion). I love that in the same breath I can not only explain to someone how people play this game in front of tens of thousands of people for huge sums of money supplied by corporate sponsors, but also that me and my friends were involved in an event surrounding the game that raised nearly twenty grand's worth of gaming equipment for sick children.

So yeah, SC2 for me is as much a culture as anything else in the "real" world, which I have been unable to say about any other game before it.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Dhal how the fuck are you jailed again

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    You guys keep asking him that like there was a point where he stopped being jailed.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    not so much again as *still*.

• Options
    Actually that is a really good explanation spaffy of what I feel.

For me Starcraft 2 is more than a game - its a culture and a community. Even when I'm not playing the game, I'm "doing" Starcraft things. Chatting to you guys on here is a function of Starcraft, watching streams is a function of Starcraft, Teamliquid is a function of Starcraft.

• Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    Variable wrote:
    we agree lots!

I can't help but think they could be doing more I guess. I'm not all that aware of what they have done though. I think they tend towards waiting and doing mass bannings at certain points but I'm not sure if they've applied that to starcraft.

I'm pretty sure they do waves. The idea is that people don't just stop using a hack as soon as someone is banned for it and they get a bunch of people they otherwise wouldn't haven't.

• Options
    TrunkersTrunkers Registered User regular
    Trunkers wrote:
    If I had a year I would write a program that parses and provides interesting and useful statistics from the TLPD.

I would fit my Power Ranking model with a user interface that allowed people to select which tournaments to include, and what weighting scheme to apply.

Who needs a year. Decided I'm going to learn Android and program this app.

My MTG Cube Site - -http://riptidelab.com
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    Kambing wrote:
    Oh yeah. I didn't play starcraft because I thought total annihilation was better. Then I ended up playing FPSes and MMOs for a decade instead of bw!

this is pretty much exactly what it was like for me, except throw in some War3 in the mix, except not at a level where 1v1 or spectating it was a thing

basically SC2 is a game I play when I don't feel like playing my other games

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote:
    we agree lots!

I'm pretty sure they do waves. The idea is that people don't just stop using a hack as soon as someone is banned for it and they get a bunch of people they otherwise wouldn't haven't.

They do waves, but I'm guessing it's a lot more infrequent with SC2, than with WoW, since the impact on revenue stream is a lot less with SC2. Plus I have no idea how a cross account banning may go, so I bet you'd see a lot more temp bans with SC2 than you would with WoW, at the risk of pissing someone off and having them cancel an account.

• Options
    Fuck, it won't recognize me as a season ticker holder even though it plainly admits I bought it in my purchase history.

• Options
    dressed up

• Options
    sen's group is ridiculous

• Options
    SeguerSeguer of the Void Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    OK I will watch for BoxeR and Sen.

• Options
    I have to watch SQ like the plebs.

• Options
    TorgaironTorgairon Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Hoz wrote:
    I have to watch SQ like the plebs.

is gom rejecting your ticket for HQ you bought on the spot? it's done that for me with the past 3-4 purchases, pretty obnoxious

edit: though I should have read the whole page, I regret nothing

Torgairon on
  • Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    Hoz wrote:
    Fuck, it won't recognize me as a season ticker holder even though it plainly admits I bought it in my purchase history.

I have the same problem.

GOM is aware of the isse.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    They fixed it.

• Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    So I played two games and lost to fucking muta/ling/bling. What kind of all-in can I do to destroy it.

• Options
    JAEF wrote:
    So I played two games and lost to fucking muta/ling/bling. What kind of all-in can I do to destroy it.

6 gate?

• Options
    JAEF wrote:
    Make 3-3 marines, JAEF.

• Options
    Storm and archons.

• Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    JAEF wrote:

There's not really a magic bullet all-in to counter that in my opinion. The ling/bling component whether you're all-ining or not is handled in large part by fighting in the right positions and getting good forcefields. Against that style I would prefer to open up aiming for a pretty typical 2base blink/+2 attack style, transitioning into Templar Archives and storm later. And whether defensively or offensively depends on my scouting and whether I see a good timing window. That's the thing about PvZ, when it's 2 base to 2-3 base, in that midgame portion, the Protoss has to expend far more effort scouting and hitting timings than the Zerg, or the Zerg will just walk all over you for the rest of the game.

When I talk about timing windows I don't necessarily mean to attack, by the way... you can instead look for timing windows to expand and play a more econ-focused game.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote:
    Storm and archons.

These things are pretty good against all three of those units

• Options
    boxer why are you alive!!?!?!?!!??

• Options
    edited January 2012
    boxer getting 3rd and 4th gas way too late, he wants upgrades and double medivacs, only able to make 1 medivac, now two... now upgrades.

up on scvs though I think and has a third coming down

wow no stim yet

Variable on
  • Options
    oh my good god

• Options
    BOXERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR YEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

• Options
    I feel bad for the people who decided not to watch this.

• Options
    PoolCuePoolCue Registered User regular
    can I just say that metropolis looks a LOT sexier than cloud kingdom

someone needs to ask the guy who made that map what they were smoking it looks so weird

• Options
    tasteless said boxer was 20 supply behind but it's closer to 50

weird

• Options
    maybe he's watching on lq like me and can't fucking read

• Options
    edited January 2012
    I want the reaper->hellion drop-> cloaked banshee

edit - yes! fast 2nd gas

edit - no!

Variable on
  • Options
    jinkumabutajinkumabuta Registered User regular
    Mule was to try to block the siege tank's path? I know I've seen that done before...

• Options
    redraptorredraptor Registered User regular
    BOXER JUST TRIED TO PATH BLOCK THAT SIEGE TANK TO PICK IT OFF AND KILL IT

DIDDD YOU SEE DAT SHIT

BECAUSE THE COMMENTATOR DO NOT UNDERSTAND

• Options
    narwhalnarwhal monodon monoceros Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote:

for me, starcraft is simultaneously the most exciting, the most frustrating, the most rewarding, most satisfying, most difficult, and most compelling entertainment experience I've ever had.

It was a game I resisted at first because I knew I was awful at it. I can't multitask to save my life, but it was brought to my attention that this game could be multitasking training. The game is difficult, but it's training me to think in ways that I don't normally think.

Also, the starcraft 2 community as a whole is awesome, and you guys have been such a great resource in helping me become a better player.

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    narwhal wrote:
    Dhalphir wrote:

It was a game I resisted at first because I knew I was awful at it. I can't multitask to save my life, but it was brought to my attention that this game could be multitasking training. The game is difficult, but it's training me to think in ways that I don't normally think.

Also, the starcraft 2 community as a whole is awesome, and you guys have been such a great resource in helping me become a better player.

Gotta think in 4 dimensions

• Options
    hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote:

The toughest job you'll ever love.

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!