As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Saints: Give A Gift To Those Who May Go Giftless; Gifts Being Received!

mullymully Registered User regular
edited January 2012 in Social Entropy++
SECRET SAINTS -- not to be confused with SOLID SAINTS -- is an annual event wherein the fine folks of this forum offer to send gifts to those who may be away from their families this year, to those who may be down on their luck, or to those with children for whom they can not provide a gift this year.

~*~*~*~*~

NEED TO CONTACT ME? Email solidsaints@gmail.com -- PLEASE DO NOT PM ME.

~*~*~*~*~

Send an email to solidsaints@gmail.com (yes I know it's confusing because this is Secret Saints, but shut up) with the subject "SAINTEE: yourforumname"

Inside, please indicate why you're signing up for this (it won't be posted, but please be honest with me), YOUR FULL NAME & ADDRESS, who the gift is for, and any needs you may have. (For example, food care packages have been done in the past.)

DEADLINE: DECEMBER 21ST. I WILL NO LONGER ACCEPT SAINTEES AFTER DECEMBER 21ST.

~*~*~*~*~

Send an email to solidsaints@gmail.com with the subject "SAINT: yourforumname"

Inside, please tell me either the specific person/people you'd like to gift to, or how many people you would like to be assigned to.

edit: I didn't think I'd need to say this, but ... if the person isn't on the list, then I don't have their address... and if I don't have their address, you can't gift to them. A-doy. Send the email whenever you'd like, but I'm handing out the addresses on the 21st.

~*~*~*~*~

SAINTEES:

- Crwth
- Raijin Quickfoot
- Radius
- Keith
- Tox
- MetroidZoid
- Tommy2Hands

IF YOU DID NOT SEND AN EMAIL, YOU ARE NOT GOING ON THE LIST.

~*~*~*~*~

INFO ON SOLID SAINTS: (Since people keep asking!)

Yes, Solid Saints (the online auction wherein forum participants donate goods/services with all bids being donated to Childs Play) will be going on in 2012. We have a lot of improvements planned, and are aiming for February. You will hear more of this once it is all prepared and ready for your eager little selves. We would like to aim to beat our total risen last year ($11,495 -- but who's counting?) so save your Christmas cash-gifts for the worthy cause!

NEED TO CONTACT ME? Email solidsaints@gmail.com -- PLEASE DO NOT PM ME.

mully on

• Options
    Slacker71Slacker71 subgenius RentonRegistered User regular
    Thanks for doing this again this year. I need an outlet for my generosity.

• Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    giving this year

• Options
    So far I have a few givers, but no getters.

I guess that's sort of a good problem.

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Giving again this year, gonna wait for the list I think

• Options
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm signing up to be a giftee. My life is actually pretty great, but I am broke and I won't be able to go home for Xmas this year - it's going to be tough. I am not above wanting to continue to feel good.

• Options
    ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Infract mully if she doesn't let you be a giftee. Abuse your powers.

ThreeCubed on
    EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    What if we like to give it and we like to take it?

(I'm gonna sign up to give it when I get homr)

• Options
    OK. As of 12:30am today I am no longer completely broke, just poor, which is fine and more than a lot of folks. Not sure I should still be in this, though I do like presents.

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    :^:

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2011
    Alright, I'm going to sign up as a giftee I think...We aren't doing bad but I know we are spending all of our money on the kids this year and not getting anything for each other. Plus if I get any gift cards I can spend them on my wife.

However, if there are a bunch of people who really NEED I would prefer not to be sent anything.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    that's the thing. i am actually fine. i have my mental illnesses under control and treatment, and that's all i need, really. There are people who are doing worse than me, just because they haven't found the treatment that works for them. And that's just considering depression.

They should all sign up for this.

• Options
    Quit being selfless and accept free presents!

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I'm so bad at accepting free stuff. Even though I'm dead broke and won't be getting any "real" presents this year (I'll be getting some necessities from my parents), I can't sign up for this. I mean, I can't anyway since I did Secret Satans, but I wouldn't if I could

Someone should buy Raijin a babysitter for all of 2012

• Options
    Okay. I will ask for one thing, and if it happens then it happens, and if not I am sure something went to someone more needy.

I would like John Hodgman's latest book, THAT IS ALL, so if someone very, very generous gave me a gift certificate for Chapters, it will be a proud moment to walk into a bookstore and purchase an actual book and then go home and read it.

Because, in short, fuck this past year, except right now when I actually made it through it okay, if a little scuffed.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Sheri wrote:

You going to go all Oprah again?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Zonugal wrote:
    Sheri wrote:

Depends on what people ask for/what I am able to give

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Sheri wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:
    Sheri wrote:

Depends on what people ask for/what I am able to give

I hope people ask for

oprahamazingbeesgiveawa.gif

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I would not like any bees.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    How about the bees' knees?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    OP updated.

Also, gifters, you will be given the deets on December 21st. Just kind of want to do this in one quick sweep before I take off for the holidays. I know it's a little late this year, but better late than never - and most of you are in the states anyway so shipping should be 2 daysish.

mully on
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    I am very broke, but hopefully my student aid check will come in before rent is due in january FINGERS CROSSED!

but I have emily and family giving me presents, and I am also extremely proud

so I cannot give and cannot receive

but I will say that this is a wonderful thing you are doing, mully and all the kind donatees

• Options
    the donatees are (saying that like manatees) the heroes here
    i just type a thread, and then pass out peoples addresses
    it's like i'm the laziest hacker ever

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    the subtitle of this thread is now HACK THE GIFTSON

Skull Man on
  • Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    I would like to sign up to be a gifter but I will be broke until next month (I'm probably going to have to borrow money to make rent on the first :/ )

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Options
    mully wrote:
    OP updated.

Also, gifters, you will be given the deets on December 21st. Just kind of want to do this in one quick sweep before I take off for the holidays. I know it's a little late this year, but better late than never - and most of you are in the states anyway so shipping should be 2 daysish.

So. . . should I send my email now? I was going to wait until the giftees and their requests were done so I'd know what I'd be able to send.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    People should sign up for dis

• Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    I always feel bad accepting free things :(

if i signed up i think id do it so my little brother got stuff

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Keith wrote:
    I'm so bad at accepting free stuff. Even though I'm dead broke and won't be getting any "real" presents this year (I'll be getting some necessities from my parents), I can't sign up for this. I mean, I can't anyway since I did Secret Satans, but I wouldn't if I could

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Keith wrote:

Like I said, I can't anyway since I did Secret Satans (which was a bad idea since that was all of my money)

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Whoops. Missed that part of your post somehow. Okey dokey then. You are excused.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Can you not sign up for this if you did Satans?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Tox wrote:

mully didn't say anything in this thread but I remember last year if you participated in Satans you couldn't be a giftee

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Keith wrote:
    Tox wrote:

mully didn't say anything in this thread but I remember last year if you participated in Satans you couldn't be a giftee

That makes sense, but since I've never really paid any attention to any of this stuff before this year, I figured I'd look for clarification.

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    d-don't beat me, mully

• Options
    you're beat if you do, beat if you don't orikae

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    the most important thing for prospective saint-ees to know is that if you don't really want to ask for yourself, it is also a thing to ask us to get gifts for your close family/kids, if you would rather that happen.

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Totally doing this. @joshofalltrades should be added to this list. I'm sure he still needs something after we drowned him in kindness :)

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Langly wrote:
    the most important thing for prospective saint-ees to know is that if you don't really want to ask for yourself, it is also a thing to ask us to get gifts for your close family/kids, if you would rather that happen.
    this is what i am doing

wanna get mama and papa crwth something but i am broke :(

EzUAYcn.png