As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

okcupid thread or i guess general dating thread

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Legba wrote:
    Keith wrote: »
    Legba I'll go to Japan with you

I will absolutely take you up on this, man. We could both fly in to London and start there, then fly to our respective homes from Tokyo. Flying Tokyo-Philly can't be that bad.

Hahaha, I would consider if but I don't have a penny to my name

I think it's like an 18 hour flight

• Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    I've taken overnight trains in Europe, although not for anywhere near ten days

still, having one's whole world confined to a few cars is a strange thing and would be a very interesting way for two people to start a relationship with the prior expectation that they're traveling together

not necessarily an unpleasant one, though. could be really nice if you both got real really quick

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I'd looove to ride the transsiberian railway, I hear it is amazing.

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    as long as they leave the orchestra

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Legba wrote:
    Well, you can take a day or two off from the train. It stops in plenty of villages along the way, so find one you like, book into a hotel there and take the next train the following day. As a bonus you'll get to see plenty of the scenic Russian countryside.

That would actually be very cool

• ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    The dating thread has come to an end. I wasn't keeping up, did anyone date anyone else? Any forum love connections we can exploit for cruel humor?

EyQGd.jpg
  • LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    Legba wrote:
    Legba I'll go to Japan with you

I will absolutely take you up on this, man. We could both fly in to London and start there, then fly to our respective homes from Tokyo. Flying Tokyo-Philly can't be that bad.

Hahaha, I would consider if but I don't have a penny to my name

I think it's like an 18 hour flight

So we do it in nine months time and spend the time in between to save up money for the trip. That way we'll get the colourful fall landscape to look at without it being too cold to make the ascent once we get to Japan. It can be done!

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I think I would go crazy being on a train for 10 days

I can't even stand being in the house all day. If I don't have anything to do or anywhere to go I just get in my car and drive around

• ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular

I can't even stand being in the house all day. If I don't have anything to do or anywhere to go I just get in my car and drive around

I was going to do a train to and from PAX Prime... then I saw it's twice as expensive as a flight, and 96 hours.

96 hours in a speeding metal tube of strangers. No thanks.

EyQGd.jpg
    edited January 2012
    I only spent a little time on the AmTrak, but it seemed alright compared to the Greyhound. I attempted to bus directly from Chattanooga to New York and by the end of the 28 hour bus ride I was ready to murder at least five people.

Since then I've decided that a 14 hour bus ride is pretty much my limit.

Legba on
  • GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    I want to climb Mt. Fuji, but only in winter. Fuck being on a volcano with no snow and a fifty thousand people on it.

This girl just added me on facebook so of course I went and checked out her photos. After much careful study I have concluded she has an amazing ass.

sierracrest.jpg
    man I bussed from san antonio to lafayette and I was like 'fuck buses, jesus'

ikbUJdU.jpg
    Margarazzi wrote:

I was going to do a train to and from PAX Prime... then I saw it's twice as expensive as a flight, and 96 hours.

96 hours in a speeding metal tube of strangers. No thanks.

I hate being a passenger in a car for even like a half hour

Drive by myself for four hours? No problem

edited January 2012
    The Greyhound is a great way to get around if you're backpacking across the States - a month pass is like $350 and means you can go pretty much anywhere at any time, so long you make sure you're in the city your plane leaves from on the correct date.

But I've found you really have to do short jumps from place to place. Even spending an afternoon somewhere and getting a later bus onwards would be preferable to spending 28 hours cramped up in the same seat with only the odd hour here and there off the bus.

Legba on
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    The very thought of being limited to buses makes my skin crawl.

I would not be able to deal. no.

easysig2.jpg
    Janson wrote: »
    I'd looove to ride the transsiberian railway, I hear it is amazing.

muw-tangled-im-never-going-back-2.jpg

Let's go.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    nvm

Grey Ghost on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Ok GG, but no eye contact and no talking. Let's keep this simple and clean.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Margarazzi wrote:
    The dating thread has come to an end. I wasn't keeping up, did anyone date anyone else? Any forum love connections we can exploit for cruel humor?
    If only :(

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    i might have scored a date on okc. yippee

• AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Don't take them to any federal buildings.

Aneurhythmia on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Well I will think of new ways to mess up my profile on OKC and post it once again to everyone's confusion

Margarazzi wrote:

you and me, Peggy Sue

• TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    Keith wrote:
    I think it was Tossrock who said that until 25 years old, men believe they could be a badass should the need arise

I've still got a year and a half

I was quoting a book at the time, but yeah

sig.png
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    So after the stress of putting together this goddamn computer I am now heading out for coffee

This was unwise.

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    But Neville, I am an aries, you are a whatever you are, it will never work out

I am also an Aries. We will fight but it will be wonderful.

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    Tossrock wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    I think it was Tossrock who said that until 25 years old, men believe they could be a badass should the need arise

snow crash?

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Tossrock wrote:
    Keith wrote:

the snow crash quote?

oh no

so slow

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Practically fell in love with an acquaintance of my younger brother's this past Saturday. Man I wish I were 3-4 years younger.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu7_MxNF4ps

I keep getting asked at work why I am not interested in any of them
    Because it's fucking Wal Mart!

love that song

• nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    I live next door to a boxing gym. I've never gone in.
    Dave does dance all the time though.

Billy "Fella" Elliott. :3

nevillexmassig1.png
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    Butters wrote:
    Practically fell in love with an acquaintance of my younger brother's this past Saturday. Man I wish I were 3-4 years younger.
    So she's like 12 years younger?

• Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    Butters wrote:

oh pshaw

that ain't that big a difference

I mean, I think

I don't really know how old you are/she is

Skull Man wrote:
    Butters wrote:

oh pshaw

I mean, I think

butters is 45

the girl is 7

just let her call you daddy, butters, it's alright

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Rolo wrote: »
    Skull Man wrote:
    Butters wrote:

oh pshaw

I mean, I think

butters is 45

the girl is 7

frankensteinandmaria.jpg

belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited January 2012
    neville wrote: »
    I live next door to a boxing gym. I've never gone in.
    Dave does dance all the time though.

Billy "Fella" Elliott. :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMjgSkfQPSY

Legba on
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Butters wrote:
    So she's like 12 years younger?

8 years. I'm 29 and she's I think 21. May not sound like a ton but given the level of experience I have with my brother, his friends, and in my own life I know the potential maturity gap between those ages is significant.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
This discussion has been closed.