As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[STEAM] Maxed out like your credit card. Go post in the new thread!

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Shogun wrote:
    Riokenn wrote:
    Whats the PA Steam group again, I just want to make sure I am in it. Got a giveaway im about to put up. :X

you're a member of the main group.

Whats it called? I have like 4 PA groups on my thing.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    @LordYod (and anyone else who wants to answer)

So, with Shogun 2, is there a set campaign like, say, Starcraft? Or is it like Civ, where you're thrown into a map and can take it anywhere from there?

I have no idea. I imagine there's both. In Rome you just pick a ruling family and go but in Napoleon you play out specific campaigns. I think that Shogun has you playing the different clans.

But yeah it's not very much like Starcraft really in any way.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    citizen059 wrote:
    I've been going through and adding people here and there, but I'll go ahead and mention that if people wish to add me as well, you won't suffer rejection.

Also, I have yet to receive a single entry for my contest - if I need to, as time passes I'm going to alter the rules slightly to lower the difficulty level.

Repost the contest please :)
    citizen059 wrote:
    contest000.png

Because I can't afford to be as classy as some of the fine individuals on this thread, this sadly will be my only contribution to the holiday festiveness of the Steam thread.

That said...I figured I'd put together a little contest that will showcase my favorite genre: racing games. Standard forum eligibility rules apply - member for at least 6 months with a good history of posts to show you're not just leeching on for free stuff and then never coming back until the next Steam sale.

I have FIVE screenshots from racing games I have enjoyed playing. The first person to PM me the correct name AND platform of all five will win something COMPLETELY UNRELATED to racing games:

PA-Pack.jpg

So, as an example of what I'm looking for: If the image used in the title of this post were one of the contest screenshots, you would need to tell me that it is a screenshot of rFactor on PC. Easy enough, right?

Note: If a game is known by multiple names (depending on region) I will accept any correct name that can be verified.

PLEASE remember to send the answer in a PM rather than post it in the thread.

Alright - let's get this thing rolling!

Game #1:
    contest001.jpg

Game #2:
    contest002.jpg

Game #3:
    contest003.jpg

Game #4:
    contest004.png

Game #5:
    contest005.png

Haha, no chance, but I have to know what game #4 is when the contest is over.

• Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    I was going to repost but I was beaten to it :lol:

Too slow, old man

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Know what game needs a super stupid sale, and the addition of cheevos?
    TERRARIA.
    I play that game enough, and want to fuel my achievement whoring with my game im already playing

Terraria adding achievements would be the worst thing ever.

Because I would finally have to take the time to do some things I haven't done yet, which would take time away from other games (and from building my city)

• Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote:
    Shogun wrote:
    Riokenn wrote:
    Whats the PA Steam group again, I just want to make sure I am in it. Got a giveaway im about to put up. :X

you're a member of the main group.

Whats it called? I have like 4 PA groups on my thing.

'Penny Arcade' -- its the one with 1700 people and a giant fruit fucker for the avatar photo if that helps

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    So many christmas achievements to do, but, but I'M THE GODDAMN BATMAN.

Must put down AC and do some Revenge of the Titans, or Bit Trip

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    citizen059 wrote:

Too slow, old man
    Poastan' at the speed of light, man 8-)

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Lawndart wrote:
    I think it's because I have next to zero history playing JRPGs or enjoying anime, but I am still immune to the supposedly endless charms of Recettear.

Don't feel bad, I'm the same way. I admit, I didn't spend a whole lot of time with it, but the control scheme annoys the shit out of me and it just didn't grip me when I fired it up last. Despite the absolute tongue-baths it seems to get every time it's on sale, it's one of the games where I get the feeling it's just not for me. And I'm cool with that, to each their own, I'm glad people enjoy it as much as they do.

But it does make the slobbering love fests a bit awkward. I want to join in and talk about how I sent a party of adventurers into hell for my profit and sold not only their loot but the corpses of those who didn't make it, but here we are.

And what's strange is that I grew up loving JRPGs. Final Fantasy 1, 4, 6, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, all have a place in my heart.
    Ruiner999 wrote:
    The Orange Box is five dollars. In case you are one of maybe six people that never purchased it on release or so on, so yeah. I'd buy another six if I could.

I bought two of them. One for a friend for christmas and another because, well, might just have to ambush someone without steam with it at some point, and $5 for one of the finest gaming bundles ever created is a pretty sweet deal.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I just noticed that when @Darlan gifted me The Longest Journey yesterday, I had either simultaneously or shortly before grabbed the 'Longest Journey' achievement off of Bit.Trip.Runner. I'm not sure if that prompted you or if it was divine influence, but either way you are a magical creature.

Edit: I just checked the e-mail notification I got, and he sent it to me less then ten minutes after I got the achievement. And it was for beating 1-11, which I was stuck on for a week. I am in awe.

OneAngryPossum on
  • Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    citizen059 wrote:

Too slow, old man

Light speed's too slow.

You posted at Ludicrous Speed.

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Speaking of the Batman (and this is completely off topic) - Dark Knight Rises trailer came out yesterday and it. is. awesome.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    If Saints Row 3 goes on sale, what are the odds the DLC would as well?

I'm assuming the Season Pass would not be discounted since it's technically already a discount and the people that bought it at full price still haven't gotten to even use it yet.

• Options
    Forar wrote:
    Lawndart wrote:
    I think it's because I have next to zero history playing JRPGs or enjoying anime, but I am still immune to the supposedly endless charms of Recettear.

Don't feel bad, I'm the same way. I admit, I didn't spend a whole lot of time with it, but the control scheme annoys the shit out of me and it just didn't grip me when I fired it up last. Despite the absolute tongue-baths it seems to get every time it's on sale, it's one of the games where I get the feeling it's just not for me. And I'm cool with that, to each their own, I'm glad people enjoy it as much as they do.

But it does make the slobbering love fests a bit awkward. I want to join in and talk about how I sent a party of adventurers into hell for my profit and sold not only their loot but the corpses of those who didn't make it, but here we are.

And what's strange is that I grew up loving JRPGs. Final Fantasy 1, 4, 6, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, all have a place in my heart.
    Ruiner999 wrote:
    The Orange Box is five dollars. In case you are one of maybe six people that never purchased it on release or so on, so yeah. I'd buy another six if I could.

I bought two of them. One for a friend for christmas and another because, well, might just have to ambush someone without steam with it at some point, and $5 for one of the finest gaming bundles ever created is a pretty sweet deal.

This is how I feel about Borderlands.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    citizen059 wrote:
    citizen059 wrote:

Too slow, old man

Light speed's too slow.

You posted at Ludicrous Speed.

We've gone plaid!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Idx86 wrote:
    Speaking of the Batman (and this is completely off topic) - Dark Knight Rises trailer came out yesterday and it. is. awesome.

twix.gif

• Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    Entriech wrote:
    I was going to drive six hours and see my family today, but the hell with that, I'll just live here now. They'll be ok.

"Your mother and I miss you, son"
    "Shut up, dad. I've got a new family now. They understand me."

I never did much of the rebellious angst thing when I lived with them, so it's about time they got a dose.

"I bet you've never even seen a monocle! These guys are born with them."

• Options
    LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    Finally finished the Atom Zombie Smasher achievement. It was pretty satisfying getting it, once I figured out that the non-tactile clicking in a spot really did pick up the bombs or shoot the zeds.

I appreciate the special achievements that take a little bit of effort, a la Atom or Defense Grid.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Entriech wrote:
    I was going to drive six hours and see my family today, but the hell with that, I'll just live here now. They'll be ok.

"Your mother and I miss you, son"
    "Shut up, dad. I've got a new family now. They understand me."

I never did much of the rebellious angst thing when I lived with them, so it's about time they got a dose.

"I bet you've never even seen a monocle! These guys are born with them."
    indubitably-monocle-baby.jpg

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    I have just received word that the classiest of classy gentlemen has gifted me a copy of Mass Effect, to pull my attention away from all the racing games I play.

Kendrik (seen here as the classiest of the bunch)...

TopHat2.jpg

...I salute you, sir.

I should also point out that my fascination with racing games finally paid off - I won a $100 gift card from Logitech for placing 2nd in a sim-racing series. The fascination will continue ;)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    ALRIGHT LETS GET STARTED!
    6IeHh.jpg
    FUCK YOU TEAR, ITS MY MONEY!!!
    http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/nxy6z/recettear-an-item-shops-tale
    Ends in 6 hours!!!

Riokenn on
  • Options
    SvenSven Registered User regular
    http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/xcIEY/fable-the-lost-chapters

Started this last night didn't want it to get lost.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Grey PaladinGrey Paladin Registered User regular
    I keep hoping that completely obscure games go on a sale. Winter has broken my sense of scale to the point where I am waiting on a 5$ title because I hope it will be discounted for more later on.

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible." - T.E. Lawrence
  • Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    My wife and the in-laws took off for a day of shopping so my plan was to veg out and Skyrim it up all day. That was 2 and a half hours ago, prior to being sucked into this thread. I'm going to attempt to run away for a bit, now as Skyrim beckons once again... (also, if I stay, I'm not sure my credit card will survive)

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    oakkeoakke Registered User regular
    Forar wrote:
    Lawndart wrote:

Ruiner999 wrote:

Do the Orange Box gives you giftable keys for each game, or is it one key for the whole thing? Because I'm one of the 3 idiots who still don't have TF2 premium (can't buy items in the store), but I'd feel like an ass activating it and wasting the other games I already have.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    So should we probably start a new thread early? We'll hit 100 pages and the new day will start at this pace.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    so using a US address on amazon doesn't work. Think they check the billing adress AFAIK. Oh well, plenty shogunning in the base game.

• Options
    Steam Gifts' server are dying a slow, horrible death. Load times are ridiculous right now.

sig.gif

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Big Isy wrote:
    so using a US address on amazon doesn't work. Think they check the billing adress AFAIK. Oh well, plenty shogunning in the base game.

Did you make up an address or use a real one?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Idx86 wrote:
    Steam Gifts' server are dying a slow, horrible death. Load times are ridiculous right now.
    And it's all your fault for being such classy fellows. Why, the nerve of you. THE NERVE.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    Corpekata wrote:
    So should we probably start a new thread early? We'll hit 100 pages and the new day will start at this pace.

I second this decision.

• Options
    Corpekata wrote:

I second this decision.

...and MY AXE!

Wait...

• Options
    Corpekata wrote:

I second this decision.
    Thirded? Fourthed? Is "fourthed" even a word? I guess it is now...

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    oakke wrote:
    Do the Orange Box gives you giftable keys for each game, or is it one key for the whole thing? Because I'm one of the 3 idiots who still don't have TF2 premium (can't buy items in the store), but I'd feel like an ass activating it and wasting the other games I already have.

The Orange Box gives extra copies of HL2 and Ep1, but not Ep2 or Portal. Also, I'm curious, how come you can buy games on Steam, but not TF2 items?

• Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    I just need to tell everyone how fucking fantastic Metro 2033 is.

I don't think a video game has ever made my heart-rate race like running through the ruins of Moscow being chased by a half dozen Nosalis. Oh, did I mention I was down to my last 2 gas mask canisters? And I was starting to run low on ammo? And I had a good feeling I was heading in the right direction but didn't know exactly where I was supposed to be going? Awesome, there's a corpse over in that building. And there's a canister I can loot. Thank God, I can breath a little...Fuck, I forgot to check the room first, so when I turn around I'm face to face with a charging Nosalis. Ok, now I'm at a deadend. So there must be a door or something around here somewhere. Oh shit! A winged daemon just dropped out of the sky and landed right next to me. But there's the door I've been looking for! RUN FOR IT!!! But you probably should've been paying closer attention because all of a sudden you're dead because you hit a trip wire and got splattered by a big log with spikes on it.

Ok. Now I need to catch my breath. And do it all over again.

• Options
    Is there a way to view group giveaways on the steamgift website itself?

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    TheCanMan wrote:
    I just need to tell everyone how fucking fantastic Metro 2033 is.

I don't think a video game has ever made my heart-rate race like running through the ruins of Moscow being chased by a half dozen Nosalis. Oh, did I mention I was down to my last 2 gas mask canisters? And I was starting to run low on ammo? And I had a good feeling I was heading in the right direction but didn't know exactly where I was supposed to be going? Awesome, there's a corpse over in that building. And there's a canister I can loot. Thank God, I can breath a little...Fuck, I forgot to check the room first, so when I turn around I'm face to face with a charging Nosalis. Ok, now I'm at a deadend. So there must be a door or something around here somewhere. Oh shit! A winged daemon just dropped out of the sky and landed right next to me. But there's the door I've been looking for! RUN FOR IT!!! But you probably should've been paying closer attention because all of a sudden you're dead because you hit a trip wire and got splattered by a big log with spikes on it.

Ok. Now I need to catch my breath. And do it all over again.

Yep! Metro 2033 is awesome! I'm so glad more and more people recognize this!

• Options
    oakkeoakke Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote:
    oakke wrote:

The Orange Box gives extra copies of HL2 and Ep1, but not Ep2 or Portal. Also, I'm curious, how come you can buy games on Steam, but not TF2 items?

I can't. I either buy them somewhere else and activate on Steam later, or ask a friend to buy it for me.
    Yeah it sucks.
    And damn, I activated Ep2 less than 24h ago. So screw that.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PodunkPodunk Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote:
    Is there a way to view group giveaways on the steamgift website itself?

There's a Grease Monkey script. Can't recall where I grabbed it though. On the Steamgifts forum somewhere.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    So, who creates the new thread?

sig.gif

This discussion has been closed.