Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Spacey's Sketchbook and WIP

SpaceySpacey Registered User
edited December 2011 in Artist's Corner
Hi there, thought I'd start a place for my stuff in case I can get some feedback. :) Don't know why I didn't come here sooner. :P

Comments, and critiques are always welcome. I'm always looking to improve. Most of all, thanks for taking a look!

Here's a few sketches to start things:

My little ode to Willow
willow.jpg

Willow.jpg

Catwoman sketch
.facebook_61212.jpg

A horrid teat-beast!
Sketch2.png

And a few designs for a character I did for a job over Halloween...

missperception.jpg
tumblr_lr9rk7TbS21qk4yw6o1_500.jpg
missperception4.jpg

header_myspace.jpg

www.atomicspork.com
Spacey on

• earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    Pretty cool, I don't know why you didn't either.

I'd love to see more sketches, I really like your pencils. In particular, the Willow one! The colors you added seem to detract from the original b&w, but you've def got a way with cartoons.

• worstcaseworstcase Registered User
    yeah i'm lovin all of this. Great stuff, makes me happy!

Sort of reminds me a little bit of John K in the willow one, which just makes me like it more

• SpaceySpacey Registered User

@earthwormadam Thanks, I completely agree. I got a little 'adventurous' with the color and experimented with something new. In the end I don't think it worked. But hey, now I know! :D

@worstcase Thanks. I'm a big fan of John K, he really does well with 'controlled chaos', I'm a little too conservative sometimes. :P

header_myspace.jpg

www.atomicspork.com
  • IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Your colors are a little muddy, which is really at odds with how alive and fluid your lines are. You might want to take some time gathering some reference to study other artists pallets, take some time to figure out what kind of color combos you like. Nice strong cartooning, though, I really like the 2nd Halloween lady, You show a nice range for character just by changing the details of those designs.

• TamTam Le Buggeur Risible Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    holy shit yes
    I have nothing bad at all to say about your linework
    and don't have enough experience in color to do anything but agree with Iruka about the it

Tam on