As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dark Souls] If only I could be so grossly incandescent (as Durante) - Res fix in OP

• Options
    yurnamehereyurnamehere Registered User regular
    templewulf wrote: »
    ruzkin wrote: »
    Finally reached Anor Londo. This place is pretty as hell... but holy shit, the archers.

The two on the ledge after the demon ambush? Man, fuck those guys and their 1000-yard sniper vision.
    I managed it only buy running up to the one of the right (which causes him to drop his bow to draw sword), then running back to the bridge and standing so that the left archer's arrows just hit the pillar. Guy on the right will more than likely fall off the ledge once he starts coming to get you.
    Tried this and a bunch of other stuff but was never able to do it.

Then I found that if you stand on that first part of the bridge running up to them with the fences on either side, their arrows get stuck but yours can go over. So I just went to town with poison arrows.

Dex is my dump stat, so I'm using the crossbow which can only fire at locked-on targets. I'm beginning to think it's not even worth the carry weight.

If it's like Demon's Souls, you can use a bow to aim while in sniper mode, and then switch to the crossbow. You'll drop out of sniper mode, but you'll still be aimed at the same point.

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    ruzkin wrote: »
    Finally reached Anor Londo. This place is pretty as hell... but holy shit, the archers.

The two on the ledge after the demon ambush? Man, fuck those guys and their 1000-yard sniper vision.
    I managed it only buy running up to the one of the right (which causes him to drop his bow to draw sword), then running back to the bridge and standing so that the left archer's arrows just hit the pillar. Guy on the right will more than likely fall off the ledge once he starts coming to get you.
    Tried this and a bunch of other stuff but was never able to do it.

Then I found that if you stand on that first part of the bridge running up to them with the fences on either side, their arrows get stuck but yours can go over. So I just went to town with poison arrows.

Dex is my dump stat, so I'm using the crossbow which can only fire at locked-on targets. I'm beginning to think it's not even worth the carry weight.

Poison arrows work no matter the stat or weapon, I love em.

They can take a while to take something down sometime but can be worth it.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Sif, done, Nito done. Now for Seth or whatever his name is.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    Dark souls PC confirmed with new bosses added, release date August.

Now I might actually be able to finish this game without being sidetracked by everything else.

10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    tardcoretardcore Registered User regular
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    On a scale of 1-10

FUCK YEAH!

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Awwwwwww yeah.

Gonna wait for the official press release then finally do some work on the OP.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Very interesting, though I think at the moment I'm most concerned about how well they'll make the controls transition to keyboard/mouse. It isn't a huge concern, admittedly, but it's something they have to get right or the whole game will feel off. Also, 1080p is kind of a silly claim for a PC game. 60fps would be good... can they actually optimize Blighttown?

I am intensely curious how the fuck mod support is going to work.

I'll *probably* buy it again.

• Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    Pretty cool news to see Namco Bandai listen to their fans and deliver.

Honestly if you're interested in the PC version I would just consider it controller-required.

Better performance and mods sounds pretty amazing.

Only thing I'm worried about is potential for people running hacks and trainers griefing the online play.

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Damn it, I'm buying this game twice. Army I?

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    TAKE MY MONEY

NOW

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Oh my god.

I rarely buy games twice. Mass Effect and Saints Row 2 are the only ones that come to mind.

Now Dark Souls as well.

• Options
    Heh. I bought Demon's Souls twice, seems right that Dark Souls gets the same treatment. New bosses!

(Other dupes: FF4, 7-9, Persona 3, Borderlands.)

ladi.png
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Hah, I bought Borderlands twice on the same platform! Once boxed, second on Steam for convenience. I think it was the GotY edition with all the DLC or some such.

• Options
    NintenNinten Registered User regular
    Always wanted to give this a shot, so hooray for PC version. :P

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Oh boy oh boy dark souls furry mods

seriosuly though I'm gonna buy it again

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    LCDXXLCDXX A flask of wood and glass Terre Haute, INRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Yep. Same here. Already sold... again.

XBL: LCDXX | PSN: LCDXX | Steam: LCDXX
  • Options
    InkyblotsInkyblots Registered User regular
    Yeah I don't see myself not buying this for pc if I have my new computer. Wonder if it will be on steam?

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I am so glad I chose Demon's Soul on PS3 instead of Dark Souls, yesterday.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    New Bosses? Mods? Okay, I am so buying this again.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Dranyth wrote: »
    60fps would be good... can they actually optimize Blighttown?
    I imagine they potentially don't even need to, since the game won't be running on 6 year-old hardware any more. Unless they pull a GTA4 on us and kill performance with sheer idiocy.

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Damn it, now I have a huge urge to play Dark Souls again....

• Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    Really excited to hear about new bosses, since bosses are the highlight of the entire game.

Sadly I'll probably never face them since I only have a Macbook and I don't foresee a Mac version coming.

QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    AkilaeAkilae Registered User regular
    I wonder what are the chances they'll drop the rather anemic peer-to-peer online arrangement...

• Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Big Isy wrote: »
    I am so glad I chose Demon's Soul on PS3 instead of Dark Souls, yesterday.

You made a good choice. Demon's Souls is the better game by far. well, not far, but a little.

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    I'm so looking forward to finally finding out what all the fuss is about.

• Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    Ceaseless discharge is the worst.

I died about 6 times trying to use the pit, but he's trivial to defeat in melee as long as he never uses his fire blast.

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    I can't wait to play this some more on PC.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    ok lets brainstorm rad mods

a 101 trials mod, where you tackle 101 floors of enemies with a bonfire every ten floors. gets progressively harder and has a sweet reward every 10 floors

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    ok lets brainstorm rad mods

a 101 trials mod, where you tackle 101 floors of enemies with a bonfire every ten floors. gets progressively harder and has a sweet reward every 10 floors

You'd like Shiren the Wanderer.

• Options
    Simple Ironman mod - die once and you start a new character. This was easy enough to keep track of in DeSo because once you beat the game you could check the number of times you died by going to the top of the Nexus. You can still do it in DaSo but there's no way to flash your e-peen
    SAM_0851.jpg 8-)

A mod to simulate Tendency from DeSo would be pretty cool too.

ladi.png
  • Options
    AchireAchire Isn't life disappointing? Yes, it is. Registered User regular
    I just can't see the online play working well on the PC. Will buy it anyway, of course.

• Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I think we all know that the first mod will be a nude mod for Queelag and her sister.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    Klyka wrote: »
    I think we all know that the first mod will be a nude mod for Queelag and her sister.

YOU DIED.. but it was worth it.

Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Mod to just remove blighttown.

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    Mod to just remove blighttown.

Blighttown is awesome and with proper framerate it will be double awesome.

Pictures of the new bosses here: http://jin115.com/archives/51861828.html

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Oh good... more Manticores and Dragons D:

ladi.png
  • Options
    FiskebentFiskebent DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I hope they release the new bosses for us on console as well.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I'm gonna be playing the hell out of this when it comes out on PC.

Should be just after I've built my new PC too, so high detail and 60FPS, which'll be nice (if it's a good port, anyway).

Lord_Snot on
This discussion has been closed.