As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sick Tat, Brah

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    That's a rad design.

I see what you mean about the leaf. Maybe suggest that the stem stays over the the top bone, and the leaf goes underneath the lower bone?

That way you still have the dead leaf, still incorporated in the piece, but not so prevalent.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Tonkka wrote:
    the lower bone

2hpnei8.jpg

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I knew that was going to happen.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I know

I'm predictable now

but we all have our parts to play

• Options

:bz

• Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    I like that idea Tonkka. Also wondering if I should take off a mushroom or two covering the one bone end. I might play around with my tablet tonight see how it looks. Also I feel the need to spread my appreciation for my artist because he's been fantastic and encouraging this whole time. I wanted a tattoo twice as bad as when I first walked into the studio, and I wanted one pretty badly then. Also, out of curiosity sake, has anyone heard of Jeff Gogue? He's supposed to be gaining rep on the west coast, but for whatever reason his studio is in my small-ass town, and Shawn's doing a guest gig there until April, so I figured a guy like Jeff knows who he's picking.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    a mushroom...covering the one bone end

OH COME ON

• Options
    And I don't even have to send you a message!

The picture is up for the whole forums to see!

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
  • Options
    I thought we could have something special, MetroidZoid :(

• Options
    I'm a whore. I can't be limited to one ginger, Keith

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
  • Options
    a one-message stand is okay with me

• Options
    Maybe one time when I'm good and e-drunk and my posting inhibitions are sufficiently lowered.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
  • Options
    release your inhibitions

feel the rain on your skin

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    I gave @lost salient the perfect idea for a tattoo and she balked on it

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    TLB I will let you pick a tattoo for me as long as you'll pay for it

there are some limitations, though

• Options
    get a not ugly face tattooed over your ugly one

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    get a not ugly face tattooed over your ugly one

sick burn, brah

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    look I mean you are having trouble finding a job, right keith?

well what if you looked like conan o'brien?

a baby conan o'brien

everyone would hire you!

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    For a while my hair actually would grow out like his, but on a smaller scale

• Options
    thus the baby part

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    now my hair just falls out

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    sack tit, brah

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    i've been watching ink master and i haven't really seen any tattoos that i would want on me

but i've seen some artists that i would want doing the work

that show is delightfully retarded and entertaining to me

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I promise I will get that tattoo as soon as I become a superhero and need to instill fear in my enemies, TLB.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    promises, promises

7656367.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    Tonkka wrote:

what are: my boobs

• Options
    Uh.

Hrm.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    i've been watching ink master and i haven't really seen any tattoos that i would want on me
    Every time I watch that show I want to see a brief interview with the people that got tattooed who just got to watch a panel of judges point out every flaw and error on their brand new rush job tattoos.
    I really don't know how you'd get someone to volunteer for that show. "Hey, you want a free tattoo from a somewhat known artist who's trying to make a name for him/herself? Oh yeah, they'll also be pissed off at other artists working 5 feet away and under a very tight time limit so they might rush a bit or leave you with a unfinished tattoo. Oh, and then we're going to have well known artists critique your tattoo so you know exactly where, why and how it's terrible."

I mean the other shows that use the same basic format, sure.
    Top Chef I can see volunteers lining up, you get a bad meal maybe you feel sick for a bit, more likely you're moderately annoyed because it was over salted.
    Face-off, somebody gets a bad makeup job and look silly for a bit until they can clean it off. Worse that happens is an allergic reaction, which should be mentioned at some point during the procedure.
    But Tattoo Master, that tattoo is there for life, or until you pay to get it removed or covered.

• Options
    Tonkka wrote:
    Uh.

Hrm.

Hrm?

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    see317 wrote:
    Every time I watch that show I want to see a brief interview with the people that got tattooed who just got to watch a panel of judges point out every flaw and error on their brand new rush job tattoos.
    I really don't know how you'd get someone to volunteer for that show. "Hey, you want a free tattoo from a somewhat known artist who's trying to make a name for him/herself? Oh yeah, they'll also be pissed off at other artists working 5 feet away and under a very tight time limit so they might rush a bit or leave you with a unfinished tattoo. Oh, and then we're going to have well known artists critique your tattoo so you know exactly where, why and how it's terrible."

I mean the other shows that use the same basic format, sure.
    Top Chef I can see volunteers lining up, you get a bad meal maybe you feel sick for a bit, more likely you're moderately annoyed because it was over salted.
    Face-off, somebody gets a bad makeup job and look silly for a bit until they can clean it off. Worse that happens is an allergic reaction, which should be mentioned at some point during the procedure.
    But Tattoo Master, that tattoo is there for life, or until you pay to get it removed or covered.

i was talking about this to my roommates, and i figured that there'd be no way any artist worth their salt would just be like "lol sucks for you, didn't finish!". i like to think that if i was there, i would do what i could to complete the challenge but leave it open to add more to it and invite them to come to your shop afterward to finish it.

but i don't know much about tattooing and i don't do reality tv soooooooo who knows?

but yeah we were discussing that last night!

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    Keith wrote:
    Tonkka wrote:
    Uh.

Hrm.

Hrm?

MmmHmm.

• Options
    Tonkka wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Tonkka wrote:
    Uh.

Hrm.

Hrm?

MmmHmm.

Hmm

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Okay so here's his revision;

revisiond.jpg

I'm unsure about the leaf. I like the idea of a dead leaf, good opportunity for some muted red/orange color, but I kind of feel that it covers the skull & crossbones a bit. Thoughts? Maybe just having the leaf where it is, but under the bone.

Personally

I like how it's accidentally a skull and crossbones. I think hiding a lot of the bones so that they're there, it's it's obviously a skull and crossbones, but it's also natural and not perfect.

It's unique! It's a great middle ground in the idea.

• Options
    Oh man my arm is so sore ... 5 hours! Pics immenent!

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
  • Options
    Dude!!

• Options
    Woot! So pumped! So sore!
    firstink.png

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    God

Damn

• Options
    Holy shit that's amazing looking.

Like, really good

I'm not usually big on "shaded" tattoos, either; I prefer solid colors, but that looks fantastic

• Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    that is damn fine work

easysig2.jpg
This discussion has been closed.