As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

pro[chat]ting

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote:
    I have a nightmare that I still remember vividly 15 years after it happened.
    Mine is alien winged monkeys riding square bicycles down a narrow and abandoned road. Still creeps me out.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    And now I'm listening to Paramore's "Misguided Ghosts".

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    spool32 wrote:

Yeah. Me too.

In mine, part of the reason I remember it was that I was the evil one in the dream, and I woke up feeling exactly like I did - it took a good 2 or three minutes to shake off the extremely evil mindset. I remember what that feels like.

Exactly how evil were you?

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote:
    and dis little japanese kid so kawaii

SO KAWAII

SO DESU

8->

gooey i kiss you

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote:
    Mine is alien winged monkeys riding square bicycles down a narrow and abandoned road. Still creeps me out.

that was actually a really creepy image

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Hey folks how is it hanging.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote:
    the majority of my dreams are lucid

it is pretty awesome, i love dreaming

how do you do that?

i don't know, i just do. it's been like that as long as i can remember.

I rarely get to pick the setting of my dream (i can sort of influence it as I go) but everything that happens is up to me

my zombie dreams are SO AWESOME

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    spool32 wrote:

that was actually a really creepy image
    the worst was when I got to the cabin, the winged alien monkeys had tinier winged alien monkeys in bird cages

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Gooey wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Fuck. How the fucking fuck am I gonna get to sleep now?

call the brost hunters drez

they will clear your apartment's ethereal plane

It's not that I believe in ghosts. You have to understand. One of two things just happened:

a) An actual ghost just visited me, or,
    b) My own brain just trolled the fuck out of me.

Honestly? I'm less frightened by the ghosts. And that, in and of itself, Is a frightening prospect. Afraid of my own fucking imagination.

My brain has trolled me this way a tons of times in my life. It basically means I give up sleeping for the night, read a book with my light and listen to music.

I don't have that luxury tonight. I'm exhausted and my back hurts like hell and I need to be awake in 6 hours to receive this new washing machine we ordered with early morning delivery.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I still remember some old-ass dreams... :( Sad ones where i meet a girl and then get separated and never see her again.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    spool32 wrote:
    Yeah. Me too.
    In mine, part of the reason I remember it was that I was the evil one in the dream, and I woke up feeling exactly like I did - it took a good 2 or three minutes to shake off the extremely evil mindset. I remember what that feels like.

Too easy.

• Options
    these god damn ninja ruining every party!

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    spool32 wrote:
    South host wrote:
    spool32 wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    spool32 wrote:

Yeah. Me too.

I was captured by genocidal demon-creatures on another world, forced through a series of brutal tortures until I became one of them, grafted onto a war machine while in constant horrific pain that drove me to slaughter indiscriminately, rose through the ranks, became their leader, wiped our enemies off the face of the world in the most gruesome ways you could imagine. Then I created a portal to this world, and appeared as an insanely rich dude in a limo who stopped people on the street and asked them if they wanted to see something in the trunk. If they said yes, it was full of the torture war machine graft equipment, and I forced it on them to begin conquest here...

spool32 on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    the worst thing is probably, like, the systematic genocide of a minority class

That's p bad but wouldn't it be worse if it happened to everyone, not just a minority class?

i mean, isn't it necessarily the case that the majority are fucking the minority in the face?

if everyone's being fucked then no one is left to be the fucker

Well, the thing that's exterminating people doesn't need to be other people. It could be like, a virus or a comet or something. Or less far-fetched, it could just be a more extensive mass murder that has nothing to do with religion or race.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote:
    Gooey wrote:
    the majority of my dreams are lucid

it is pretty awesome, i love dreaming

how do you do that?

i don't know, i just do. it's been like that as long as i can remember.

I rarely get to pick the setting of my dream (i can sort of influence it as I go) but everything that happens is up to me

my zombie dreams are SO AWESOME

:( Whenever i try to lucid dream, my limbs go numb, i feel pins and needles and then I move and ruin everything and don't get to dreaming. :(

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I have more than one nightmare I still remember vividly to this day. And one dream when I was really sick that I remember really vividly that still creeps me out.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I am still addicted to Enya, and thanks to @Jacobkosh, Kate Bush.

oh rad :D

Kate Bush is great, even if she has kind of crazy eyes

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I rarely remember my dreams

I think most of the ones I do remember are just sad

• Options
    downside of a really short commute: i now basically never listen to music, ever.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i seem to be particularly susceptible to particularly vivid and lucid dreams when I go to sleep at around 4 - 4:30 AM

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote:
    spool32 wrote:
    South host wrote:
    spool32 wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    spool32 wrote:

Yeah. Me too.

I was captured by genocidal demon-creatures on another world, forced through a series of brutal tortures until I became one of them, grafted onto a war machine while in constant horrific pain that drove me to slaughter indiscriminately, rose through the ranks, became their leader, wiped our enemies off the face of the world in the most gruesome ways you could imagine. Then I created a portal to this world, and appeared as an insanely rich dude in a limo who stopped people on the street and asked them if they wanted to see something in the trunk. If they said yes, it was full of the torture war machine graft equipment, and I forced it on them to begin conquest here...

War dreams and hyper violent dreams like this don't phase me now. They have been my constant companion for years.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    simonwolf wrote:
    I rarely remember my dreams

I think most of the ones I do remember are just sad

Sad Dreams Bro for lyfe.

• Options
    she totally does

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Organichu wrote:
    Organichu wrote:

That's p bad but wouldn't it be worse if it happened to everyone, not just a minority class?

i mean, isn't it necessarily the case that the majority are fucking the minority in the face?

Well, the thing that's exterminating people doesn't need to be other people. It could be like, a virus or a comet or something. Or less far-fetched, it could just be a more extensive mass murder that has nothing to do with religion or race.

what if the causal singularity of a retro-euclidean worldspace consumes us both slowly and quickly?

/winky

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote:
    I am still addicted to Enya, and thanks to @Jacobkosh, Kate Bush.

oh rad :D

Kate Bush is great, even if she has kind of crazy eyes
    are you a fan of 70s Bush

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Oh, phew, [chat] thread's back. I though I was gonna have to *brrrrrr* try another forum. :P

• Options
    Nova_C wrote:
    Oh, phew, [chat] thread's back. I though I was gonna have to *brrrrrr* try another forum. :P

i sucked jacob's dick so good

then that didn't work so i hacked his account

i brute forced this chat

• Options
    anyway, i'm off for the night. Good night, dudemans.

Tomorrow is another day and i better feel not depressed then.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    for me, fear in dreams is entirely divorced from the actual content of the dream

my brain just creates some banal, humdrum symbol associated with fear and then turns my terror gland to 11 and channels it through that symbol. it doesn't matter what the actual thing is. it could be a chair that is just SO WRONG that it terrifies.

the dream that terrified me the most, to this day, was me falling down the stairs and crawling backward as Darth Vader slowly lunged towards me, swinging his red lightsaber

i was just really afraid of getting chopped up, even though darth vader is essentially completely unscary

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    spool32 the conqueror

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    i posted in se++ while chat was gone

no big deal, who wants to touch me

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Ok chat if we are talking about dreams I will spill my guts

Arcade
    This fucking movie. Gave me nightmares as a kid I wouldn't sleep in my room for close to 6 months and when I tried to I pissed the bed without fail.

And the whole movie is on youtube.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGVfbXmuG7g

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    Organichu wrote:

what if the causal singularity of a retro-euclidean worldspace consumes us both slowly and quickly?

/winky

Crazy people getting nukes is a little less Winky, right? That is a thing that could happen.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote:
    spool32 wrote:
    South host wrote:
    spool32 wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    spool32 wrote:

Yeah. Me too.

Yeah, that's pretty evil.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    so some company named Gamefly bought Direct2Drive and their corporate messaging seems as shady as all heck

anybody know what's up

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    Nova_C wrote:

i sucked jacob's dick so good

then that didn't work so i hacked his account

i brute forced this chat

No you didn't pony rocked his ass with a campaign

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    any of y'all ever been to 'electric zoo'?

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    i posted in se++ while chat was gone

no big deal, who wants to touch me

Quarantine.

• Options
    also there is a quote from alway sunny that captures how i feel about dreams

I hate listening to people's dreams. It is like flipping through a stack of photographs. If I'm not in any of them and nobody is having sex, I just don't care.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    ronya wrote:
    so some company named Gamefly bought Direct2Drive and their corporate messaging seems as shady as all heck

anybody know what's up
    Gamefly is the Netflix (not Netflix Streaming) of video games in the U.S.

This discussion has been closed.