As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dungeon Lords] Game 2 - Tayrun the Mighty Rules the Underworld!

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Oh, The Yellow Dog is hiring a Troll, in case anyone was wondering.

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    How many tunnels and where would you like them, @admanb?

blahmcblah on
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Two, like so:

xx[]
    x
    xxx

Year 1, Combat! - Round 1

Tayrun the Mighty (*Start Player*):
    bluey1combatr1.png

The Red Panda:
    redy1combatr1.png

The Yellow Dog:
    yellowy1combatr1.png

Green Grinch:
    greeny1combatr1.png

Play order for the battle is as shown. Everyone sets up simultaneously for each round, but you get to see what happens in order, but since everyone knows what the first combat card is anyway, I don't think it should matter this round. If I think it'll matter at any point, I'll let you know.

PM me your setup for the first round (which trap and/or Monster, if any). No need to tell me where the battle is taking place this round, since it's the same tunnel for everyone. The top tunnel, closest to the door, that is, since I forgot to mark it on the boards.

Oh, and The Yellow Dog's Troll token is a sideways imp.

• TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    The waiting. The waiting is the worst part.

• CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    I almost feel bad for the Red Panda.

Almost.

Want to place bets on how many tiles he loses?

Gotta be 3 at least.

... I look sympathetic as a minor action ...

• CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    What are we betting? A vp each? ;) I'll go for the full four tiles...

Oh it's capped at 4 isn't it?

That's a shame.

... love you really admanb! <3

Sorry for the delay guys, I haven't had a chance this weekend to do updates. I will hopefully get them done sometime tonight.

Capfalcon wrote:
    I almost feel bad for the Red Panda.

Almost.

Cannot believe how badly that title award fucked me.

Cannot.

I have faith in your ability to pull a miracle from somewhere and not lose 4 tiles.

Faith.

• DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    He does have a pile of traps, at least.

The four points of anti-trap apply each round though, right? Not just once per combat phase?

Tayrun wrote:
    The four points of anti-trap apply each round though, right? Not just once per combat phase?

The value of traps isn't in the damage they deal.

(speaks the optimist)

It is entirely possible that you could delay the adventurers for 4 turns using the traps and a slime, that would be pretty cool.

• CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Cerberus wrote:
    It is entirely possible that you could delay the adventurers for 4 turns using the traps and a slime, that would be pretty cool.

I would give a slow clap for that.

Of course, that's a distinct lack of points earned, but still. I would call not getting your whole dungeon sacked a pretty good step forward.

Capfalcon on
    Cerberus wrote:

Pretty improbable. The odds of getting a trap for that start at 2/9 and decrease. He'd need all three to be of that nature.

Still, it'd be fun to watch.

@blahmcblah

You still love us, right?

I do, I do. Having issues with the computer with Cyberboard on it. Mostly posting from my phone the last couple days. Soon, I promise.

Ok, moved all the files to another computer, so updates are forthcoming.

Shoot, I have to run, but I will finish this sometime tonight for sure.

I think this was all an elaborate lie to torment admanb.

Tayrun wrote:

Honestly, I feel better just knowing that I'm probably not going to come in last.

Capfalcon wrote:
    Tayrun wrote:

Honestly, I feel better just knowing that I'm probably not going to come in last.

When admanb wins because of all the extra points he gets from killing Paladins, he's going to look back at this and laugh!

We'll see who has the last laugh! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA--hey, who are you and why is your sword glowing with the brightness of a thousand holy sun--urkburglburgl.

edited January 2012
    Year 1, Combat! - Round 1 Results!

The first combat card is Detect Treasure! - If there is anything of value in this dungeon, this spell will find it. - Slow - You lose 1 gold. If you have no gold, you lose 1 food instead. If you have no gold or food, you lose 1 trap. If you don't even have a trap, you're just a loser. - 1 Fatigue

Tayrun the Mighty inspires fierce loyalty in his followers. Case in point: the imp who, upon hearing that some filthy adventurers dared invade his master's dungeon, decided to blow himself up at the entrance while the adventurers were coming through. The party survives the explosion, but a crazed goblin rushes through the smoke, running through the lead wizard and slashing the thief before running off. The thief, though burnt, bloodied, and fatigued, manages to cling to life so he can conquer the tunnel, while the mostly unscathed wizard steals some gold.

bluey1combatr2.png

The Red Panda, faced with one of the toughest adventuring parties ever seen, fires a dart at them. The quick wits of the thief and paladin keep anyone from getting hit by it, but the party's healing aura suddenly fails to work when a vampire suddenly takes a bite out of the paladin and suddenly melts back into the shadows. The high-and-mighty paladin shows his true colors, using his "holy" magic to line his pockets before claiming the tunnel for himself the forces of good.

redy1combatr2.png

The Yellow Dog also fires a dart, but his actually strikes the middle priest he was aiming for, but his healing powers couldn't save the warrior anyway, not after a witch's hex causes him to trip and fall on his own axe. The wounded priest gets a little more wounded while taking over the tunnel.

yellowy1combatr2.png

Green Grinch knows that an army marches on its stomach, and so no warrior could possibly resist a hot, fresh meal. The thief warns the warrior that his food is most likely poisoned right before he's about to eat the last delicious morsel. Mostly satisfied, but a little woozy, he pushes the final bite away, but a slimy tentacle reaches down from the ceiling, snatches it from the plate, and shoves it in his mouth, while two other tentacles simultaneously smack the other two adventurers upside the head. The thief wears himself out a bit securing the tunnel, so the wizard does the thief's job and scores some treasure.

greeny1combatr2.png

Everyone loses an evil for being a wuss.

I've taken so long to post this that half of you have already sent me your setups for the second round. Those who haven't, please do. Possible locations for battle are marked with minions.

Sincerest apologies for the repeated delays. I hope to have this game back on track from here on out.

blahmcblah on
    I'm not being waited on for anything am I?
    Sorry if I am...

No, it's me. I've been at comic con all weekend.

Orders sent.

Yep, all orders are now in. Updates later today (for real!).

edited January 2012
    Year 1, Combat! - Round 2 Results!

The second combat card is Graffiti! - Hm, this seems to be a crude drawing of... Oh dear, I had better remove that before the master sees it. - Slow - Your minion is busy. Place a minion on the first Orders Card space. Any order placed there in round 1 next Year will not be executed - 2 Fatigue

Tayrun the Mighty has his witch curse the thief and wizard, whose wounds get even worse. The thief falls to his injuries, the wizard to fatigue. Battle over!

The Red Panda sends his vampire to finish off the paladin, who never got to paint that mural of his manhood he had planned. The warrior pulls a gigantic muscle in the process of conquering the tunnel.

redy1combatr3.png

The Yellow Dog ignites a wall of fire, and it burns, burns, burns the priests. The lead priest falls right away, but the second one, for whom the flames went higher, runs, with robes aflame, straight into a troll's hammer. Battle over!

Green Grinch fires a poison dart at the wizard, which just nicks him despite the thief's warning. The thief similarly fails when it comes to avoiding the blade of a goblin, which slices up the wizard when it's finished with the thief. The wizard bleeds out just before the poison would take effect. Battle over!

Only The Red Panda loses an evil, but he's got plenty more where that came from. He's also the only one who needs to send orders for round 3, so it's up to him if he wants to post them here instead of PMing me - both options are fine with me.

blahmcblah on
    edited February 2012
    Year 1, Combat! - Round 3 Results!

The third combat card is Invisibility! - As much as you may hate this spell, you can be sure the wizard's comrades hate it more. - Fast - Wizards move to the end of the line and cannot be harmed this round. (Does not apply to paladin.) - 0 Fatigue

The Red Panda's vampire concludes his reign of terror for the year, taking one last big drink of warrior before going to sleep.

redy1combatr4.png

Last round!

blahmcblah on
    Fight in the bottom corridor and the slime will block the invasion.

edited February 2012
    So be it! The slime grabs the adventurers 'round the ankles, and they're so grossed out they run away.

Edit: Oh, and the combat card was Fireball, in case anyone cared.

blahmcblah on
    Do the combat cards get discarded or can they appear again in year 2?

Year 2 has its own set of combat cards.

Year 2, Winter

Progress Board:
    pby2winter.png

Main Board:
    mby2winter.png

The Yellow Dog (*Start Player*):
    yellowy2winter.png

Green Grinch:
    greeny2winter.png

Tayrun the Mighty:
    bluey2winter.png

The Red Panda:
    redy2winter.png

Nope, that's not a mistake; The Red Panda is still evil enough to have already attracted the attention of this year's paladin as well.

Rats are coming to eat your poor monsters' food.

Time for me to sleep. Orders, please.

Orders are in! The evil plan is perfect ...okay...Rubbish... Fact!

Also, just wanted to say thank you for hosting this Blah, am really enjoying it.

eff this game