As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Trooper Tales [chat]

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Oh geeze my eyes were bigger than my stomach when I put together that salad.

It was delicious though. Working out before eating makes you feel ravenous.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I love how you can't just pick what you want to see. You have to tune the channel and wait for it.

No time-shifting for you! You WAIT for your cartoons!

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Feral wrote:
    Cinders wrote:
    http://betamaxmas.com/

This one is for you old peoples.

This is great.

Mad Balls, a cartoon I had forgotten. With good reason.

Thanks Cinders!

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Thanatos wrote:
    And sweet Jesus, do my parents ever need a new computer.

I get a lot of calls from people who have computers that take full on 5+ minutes to boot.

I just feel spoiled. My computer boots in 20 seconds or so and I was playing Minecraft while listening to iTunes with Chrome open to several tabs while sitting in queue for TOR while having Shareaza active with a few torrents.

And my computer did not slow at all (yay for 16GB RAM and four hyperthreaded cores, I guess). I honestly don't know how people stand computers that chug when opening one program.

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote:
    EEEEEK everytime you guys bring up TOR I get more and more convinced that I want itttt

If you play as a a Sith Warrior, your romance option is a slave who you can torture, marry, and then use the slave collar as a sex toy.
    SOOOLD

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Nova_C wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    And sweet Jesus, do my parents ever need a new computer.

I get a lot of calls from people who have computers that take full on 5+ minutes to boot.

I just feel spoiled. My computer boots in 20 seconds or so and I was playing Minecraft while listening to iTunes with Chrome open to several tabs while sitting in queue for TOR while having Shareaza active with a few torrents.

And my computer did not slow at all (yay for 16GB RAM and four hyperthreaded cores, I guess). I honestly don't know how people stand computers that chug when opening one program.

I think if you have 16GB of RAM, you win computers.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    This round, of course.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Everytime I watch a ToR clip, like the one in the OP, I get kind of excited and then they show a combat bit and I go "oh, right... that..."

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    I have 16gb of ram that I can't use.

Does that count?

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    I could have gone to 32, but I couldn't justify the expense. :P

• Options
    Cinders wrote:
    I have 16gb of ram that I can't use.

Does that count?

Close enough.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Me: *sits down with Five Guys*
    Coworker: Jeez
    Me: You only live once.
    Coworker: Yeah and only for 6 more months if you keep that up.
    Me: ...How's that Lean Cuisine?
    Coworker: Shut up.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Everytime I watch a ToR clip, like the one in the OP, I get kind of excited and then they show a combat bit and I go "oh, right... that..."

Exclusive footage of quizzy going by codename "stan"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTVVUIqJpwY

Ludious on
  • Options

Haha.

Suck it, loser!

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    But MMO combat is shit.

Even people who like MMOs think it's shit.

• Options

*looking up five guys* In the grand scheme of burger joints they don't look particularly unhealthy, they do look tasty though. Shame according to their store locator there aren't anywhere near where I live.

• Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2011

Fresh beef vs preservatives you can't even pronounce, flash frozen, and then reheated with microwaves?

Gonna have to go with the beef there buddy.

^^^^

Five guys is DAMN good. Best thing is you can buy a small fry and feed a small African nation with it.

Sheep on
  • Options
    Ludious wrote:
    Sorry quizzy I had to

It's cool. I just want it to be an action game, not an MMO, when it comes to combat. When I play a trooper with a machinegun or whatever I want to mow people down, not press my mow people down button.

• Options
    Probably the least healthy thing about Five Guys is the portion size. They give you a shitload of fries.

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    MMO combat is leagues above KotOR's combat, so I feel like TOR is ultimately a major improvement as far as that goes.

Now, to justify purchasing it after having bought several other games...

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    How do troopers beat jedi/sith?

They couldn't even hit Han!

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    preservatives you can't even pronounced
    I always love this one.

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Ludious wrote:
    Sorry quizzy I had to

It's cool. I just want it to be an action game, not an MMO, when it comes to combat. When I play a trooper with a machinegun or whatever I want to mow people down, not press my mow people down button.

nah I get it. It's just that it's never really been done successfully it seems like. Even planetside was a lie. It was still tossing dice when you held down that trigger.

• Options
    How do troopers beat jedi/sith?

They couldn't even hit Han!

Not all jedi/sith have plot armor.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    You are the best, matt.

• Options
    Sheep, Five Guys is OK, but you live in a state with a Mugshots. No excuse. Worse than borg.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote:
    But MMO combat is shit.

Even people who like MMOs think it's shit.
    For an MMO, the combat in ToR is really good, I think.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    i gotta leave the house in 45 minutes and i have no energy at all

it will be a struggle to put my pants on

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Ludious wrote:
    Sorry quizzy I had to

I watch the leaked Alpha footage of Battlefront 3 and cry over its lack of existence.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Ludious wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Ludious wrote:
    Sorry quizzy I had to

nah I get it. It's just that it's never really been done successfully it seems like. Even planetside was a lie. It was still tossing dice when you held down that trigger.

Huh? It's been a long ass time since I've played planetside but I don't think that's a true statement at all. Planetside has some pretty simplified combat due to server load (everyone had one hit box, a lot of weapons were hitscan, stuff like that) but I don't recall there being much in the way of die tossing.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    So I was going to order TOR from Amazon since I have 30 dollars. I want my so I can just download and not worry about a physical copy. Well its 60 bucks, I was hoping for 50 like most games. So ugh okay. And only physical copies? Damn it. So I go to check Origin just to see the digital copy, 60 bucks and all sold out.

Guess the world doesn't want me to have TOR.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Thanatos wrote:
    You are the best, matt.

It's all good-natured of course, but I make no apologies for the metabolism I've been gifted with.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Maybe it wasn't dice tossing then. But 1 hit box to me is pretty much why did you even BOTHER? And in a skill game, IMO, a level 1 should be able to beat a level 10 if they're good. They made that where it was virtually impossible.

Either you have a skillshot game or you don't.

• Options
    Wait.

Origin is 'sold out' of the digital copies of ToR?

That doesn't even make sense.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Wait.

I know my head hurts.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Ludious wrote:
    Sheep, Five Guys is OK, but you live in a state with a Mugshots. No excuse. Worse than borg.

The only Mugshots I've been to is the one in Hattiesburg, a really shitty bar, which I think has nothing to do with the Mugshots I always here people talk about.

But really.

If I want a burger I just hit up Roosters in Fondren.

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Wait.

Manufactured scarcity increases demand.

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Wait.

I know my head hurts.

oh but if you got a guy in here that "understood the way digital copies work" he'd tell you you were wrong and stupid.

No. No we're not. You're not sold out. You're over capacity. But over capacity is not sold out.

This discussion has been closed.