As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Super drunk new thread!

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Dark_Side wrote:
    i saw the dyrus singed game, it really looked like once he got his core items they couldnt touch him

i kinda see why they ban singed a lot

Singed is probably just south of OP right now. Crazy strong after level 6, and almost impossible to kill if the player is good. He also punishes people hard for bad decisions. So it's easier just to ban him then deal with that god damn glue all game.

Really though, number one counter to singed is; don't chase him. Also Vayne hard counters him.

Vayne would hard counter Lucifer himself if he was in the game. She even has the Shaco effect where only the ones on the other team that are super awesome .

Edit- Another thing to consider as far as singed goes is that Dryus is arguably the best singed player on NA maybe even worldwide . He can do nearly anything he wants and it would make singed look badass .

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    Give him a couple kills too and a tower. Then lure him into your trap!

• Options
    WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    Give him a couple kills too and a tower. Then lure him into your trap!

"Fools! The nexus was just the beginning! Now I have you right where I want you..."

• Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    i think it was from that dryus game and a solo queue where we had a mf and enemy team had singed. We couldnt do anything to damage him and he just ran into our team nad had his way with us.

• Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Singed always does that

0/3 in lane? still invincible at 25 minutes

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote:
    So I was trying to do the new accounts as yi in an intermediate game as was suggested, and I couldnt do jack SHIT. The bots just supremely own you without organization (which no one has).

So I went beginner with AP yi. Much more successful.

My style of play with yi focuses on back dooring rather than ever actually attempting to engage in combat. They have waaaaaaaaay too much CC + Shen.

• Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    Singed always does that

0/3 in lane? still invincible at 25 minutes

I had a game last night(my 15 kill carry GP game I mentioned earlier) against a Singed top lane. I got first blood on him, then 2 more kills when I followed him when he attempted to gank mid. He then went on a 5-kill streak before I was able to convince my team to stop focusing him. I built full damage and wrecked their team, but it was tough mid-game when half-health Singed looked so tempting to my team.

How come people prefer to attack the tank with half health than the squishy Cait with the same hp, but no armour? It's beyond frustrating. I mean, if nothing else is available(the tank over-extends for example), I understand, but in a team fight? argh.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Jarvan + Leona is the most fun bottom lane in the game.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Trus you need to work on improving that team fight tunnel vision you have. There was two points where you literally dived into the center of their entire team to grab a kill when you should have just remained on the perimeter firing at whoever you can and avoided the complete wipe. You were starting to actually farm your way back into that game but it looked like frustration got the better of you.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    Talith wrote:
    Trus you need to work on improving that team fight tunnel vision you have. There was two points where you literally dived into the center of their entire team to grab a kill when you should have just remained on the perimeter firing at whoever you can and avoided the complete wipe. You were starting to actually farm your way back into that game but it looked like frustration got the better of you.

A lot of that game was just unfamiliarity with Vayne, I know her kit and everything I just don't play her very much so I don't have the mechanics down, which really hurts me in lane especially. If I was Cait, someone who I play more, I would have done better.

That game was kind of terrible overall, the baron steal, Ahri getting destroyed everywhere she went, etc...

qFN53.png
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    I just watched Trus reply in realtime. :o

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    Trus wrote:
    Talith wrote:

A lot of that game was just unfamiliarity with Vayne, I know her kit and everything I just don't play her very much so I don't have the mechanics down, which really hurts me in lane especially. If I was Cait, someone who I play more, I would have done better.

That game was kind of terrible overall, the baron steal, Ahri getting destroyed everywhere she went, etc...

One other thing you will want to make a mental note on is realizing any moment there is a lovely wall sitting right next to a target in your range. There were several moments you could have completely punished that LeBlanc for being greedy as all hell.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    I can't play carries, I'm way too aggressive.

Tanky deeps ftw.

• Options
    So what did you guys get with the bonus rp? I went ahead got Lord Mordekaiser.

• Options
    DarisDaris Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    So I'm sitting at 5-2 in ranked solo/duo 5v5. Still not rated, so I go to play a few more and get rated. I get a team that has three people try to claim top, and our jungler is crap as we lose every lane but mine. Then I get a great game, but someone just sits afk at base for the entirety of it so we lose. Then I get another team that can't even build. I talk to them in the lobby to try and build whatever we can, and two of them say nothing and then just roll carries. So we end up with three ranged carries, but we're against an all melee team. Cue us losing every lane but mine. Not only does fiddle fall behind because he never ganks, but the first decent jungle lee sin I have ever seen is on the other team. Ganking constantly, because sadly wards don't help if you're too stupid to look at the map. I think Lee ended up like 10-0-5 in the first ten minutes. All he did was gank, and why not? Worked on everyone but me. He even started ganking our horrible fiddle in our jungle, because the guy was like eight levels behind Lee. heck he was five behind me in mid.

Then I finally get an elo, and it's 1100. My next game, I see we can't build a team OR ban for crap. I end up looking over at a Tryndamere top, an Amu jungler, and a whole mix of a great enemy team. Then I look at the rubbish we fielded. Dropped, but not before telling my team some unpleasant things. Last thing I wanted was a fourth loss on team comp or general stupidity.

Is there a way to avoid teams that are four fifths garbage without going in with friends? I've been following my elo, and it just keeps going up any game I have a decent team. Not even good, just decent. Then I get four or five just awful teams and wonder what the heck is going on.

Daris on
  • Options
    Carry harder.

That is literally all you can do.

• Options
    I should also ask, what's a good last item for me to build on Lux? I get M.pen boots, a MET to give me all my stats including the CDR I need, a deathcap, then an archangels/void staff depending on which stats I need more. That leaves me with good regen even for Lux, full CDR, lots of AP and Mpen. I really don't know what to build after that. Every item that comes to mind seems so situational.

I can build sash to shed debuffs, I could get an hourglass for pointless armor but great AP and active. I could buy a Lichbane for defensive offense or lolkills. There are a lot of options that I could go with for counter items, but at that point in the game it feels pointless. I'm firing off death beams every twenty-four seconds and standing behind my team being good dps and support.

I've even considered building the item that marks people you hit for a short time. Just for the map awareness. >_< They should make it last longer. If it lasted say... twelve seconds... I would buy it as last item every time I get to that point. Imagine the map awareness!

• Options
    Carnarvon wrote:
    Carry harder.

That is literally all you can do.

My fondness for lower tier champs is hurting me there.

• Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to ranked my friend, it's nothing but a headache for me right now. I came out of the placement matches at 1200, and have won, on average, 2/5 games. I've been pretty average in all those games, I'm just not capable of carrying a team that isn't competent.

Don't look at the team composition and think it can't work, some pretty crazy stuff happens and you'll win ranked games that you think you can't win.

Also, I've come to the conclusion that I cannot use my first 30 ranked games as an indicator of my skill. I'm at 1080ish elo now, and while I seem to have more competent teams against me than with me, I'm part of that problem. Once I'm at 100 ranked games, then I will believe I'm at my correct elo.

Sampsen on
    Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote:
    Kai_San wrote:
    So I was trying to do the new accounts as yi in an intermediate game as was suggested, and I couldnt do jack SHIT. The bots just supremely own you without organization (which no one has).

My style of play with yi focuses on back dooring rather than ever actually attempting to engage in combat. They have waaaaaaaaay too much CC + Shen.

They have too much hp and get 100+ armor by like 15 mins. And how do you backdoor? Literally just run up behind a tower and bring it down without minions? I couldn't do that, and they always show up in seconds somehow.

Beginner seems to give the same exp. Ap yi pushes well anyway. Surge and ult is enough attackspeed. Plus you can actually farm using q.

10 exp from finishing the second acct. Then I might try annie out for a cheap champ.

• Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular

Haven't gotten mine yet, with the spare rp I have hanging around I'll have 465rp so I'm hoping I can con riot support into giving me 22 rp for free so I can get a good, on sale, skin

qFN53.png
  • Options
    Trus wrote:

Haven't gotten mine yet, with the spare rp I have hanging around I'll have 465rp so I'm hoping I can con riot support into giving me 22 rp for free so I can get a good, on sale, skin

Yeah im hoping to get a decent 520 skin when it goes on sale with the extra rp I have left. Not that they even make 520 skins anymore.

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    all my RP is getting saved up towards arctic ops kennen

cause it owns

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    Woo! Just played a game w/ PacStar and 3 pubs. Blitz and Teemo sniped at each other all game in lane, Pac d/cs, Xerath loses to AP Janna, a surrender vote pops up, and with the magic of friendship, I managed to convince them to rally, we played well as a team, won a 5v5, and then won the game.

Also, for those tough to fight enemies: Shurylia's + Flash on Udyr. Really helped catch Shyvana and Janna a couple times that just one of them wouldn't have worked.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Once I'm done with newb accounts, I believe I will have like 1450 rp from that and the freebs. So I get to make some choices.

• Options
    Squidget0Squidget0 Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Daris wrote:
    I should also ask, what's a good last item for me to build on Lux? I get M.pen boots, a MET to give me all my stats including the CDR I need, a deathcap, then an archangels/void staff depending on which stats I need more. That leaves me with good regen even for Lux, full CDR, lots of AP and Mpen. I really don't know what to build after that. Every item that comes to mind seems so situational.

I can build sash to shed debuffs, I could get an hourglass for pointless armor but great AP and active. I could buy a Lichbane for defensive offense or lolkills. There are a lot of options that I could go with for counter items, but at that point in the game it feels pointless. I'm firing off death beams every twenty-four seconds and standing behind my team being good dps and support.

I've even considered building the item that marks people you hit for a short time. Just for the map awareness. >_< They should make it last longer. If it lasted say... twelve seconds... I would buy it as last item every time I get to that point. Imagine the map awareness!

Mejai's is very good on Lux. You should pretty much never die on her against most team comps, so you'll have an easy time getting stacks. Lux only really works later if she's significantly ahead of the enemy team in AP, and Mejai's will get you that a lot of the time.

As far as carrying - though you'll have an easier time if you pick a stronger champ, you can definitely carry with Lux in 1100 ELO if you play her well. Though they're a few months old now, I'd recommend checking out some of Roku's Lux videos. Before he joined Riot he was one of the only high-ELO Lux players and was able to carry games with her consistently against good opponents. I picked up a lot of tricks from watching him and became a much better AP in general. Search for "Roku Lux" on own3d if you want to see them.

Squidget0 on
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Daris wrote:
    My fondness for lower tier champs is hurting me there.
    I doubt you're at such a level that champion tier is going to have a significant effect.

More likely the problem lies in your personal farming, understanding of initiation and harassment, and the RTC (random teammate chance).

Like unless you're insta-locking Eve, Nunu or Morde every game, there's no champion who's bad at carrying if you know what you're doing.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    Kai_San wrote:
    Carnarvon wrote:
    Kai_San wrote:

They have too much hp and get 100+ armor by like 15 mins. And how do you backdoor? Literally just run up behind a tower and bring it down without minions? I couldn't do that, and they always show up in seconds somehow.

Beginner seems to give the same exp. Ap yi pushes well anyway. Surge and ult is enough attackspeed. Plus you can actually farm using q.

10 exp from finishing the second acct. Then I might try annie out for a cheap champ.

Just farm the jungle until they all start a team fight, then push the lane. By the time it takes them to get to you, you should have a tower down.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Bot games don't require coordination, just at least two people on your team being good enough to win against bots. I've only lost two bot games; one, it was a 3v5, our MF was too scared to ever fight (and so spent time in the base), and our Alistar was suicidal. The other (which was just today), we had a leaver Shaco, an Akali who managed to feed Ryzebot constantly, and two junglers; Udyr didn't know how to stance dance (and so lost all his fights), and Rammus just constantly killed himself.

It's *really* not hard to beat bots if you don't get such an awful setup; even if you're the only one dominating the bots (which is very easy to do), it isn't necessarily unwinnable, but if there is even one other person not losing to them, it shouldn't be bad at all.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    If you attack a tower while enemy bots are eating your base, they will back off. It's impossible to lose a bot game unless they ace you.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    So I have Blitzcrank, and I know you can play supportcrank

What is the strategy here? What items should I build and what am I really supposed to do?

Pack Clarity+Clairvoyance and just pull squishies?

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Also I just had a game where I died to ignite ticks after using cleanse. It was pretty aggravating.

I got ignited, ran away, hit cleanse and then the DOT ticked three more times and I died

Before you ask- no, my opponents were graves and renekton, and they don't have DOTs

• Options
    Cleanse has been winning me so many god damn fights it is just so clutch.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    So, if you, as support, end up with more gold than your AD bottom, are you:
    a. Awesome
    b. Terrible
    c. Fuck yeah, 22 assists!

• Options
    VarethiusVarethius CymruRegistered User regular
    a. Awesome
    b. Terrible

Hey leave my 2nd time tristana alone T_T :P

• Options
    a. Awesome
    b. Terrible

Cash rules everything around me,
    C.R.E.A.M., get the money,
    Dolla dolla bill yall

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    do you guys think the katarina skin will have new animations or something

boy i hope so

TAKE MY MONEY

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Jarvan + Leona is the most fun bottom lane in the game.

It's certainly the most painful for anyone who doesn't have flash.

• Options
    do you guys think the katarina skin will have new animations or something

boy i hope so

TAKE MY MONEY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwW_ebIFiWg

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Man my last game just wow. Teemo leaves 5 minutes in and its 4 vs 5 again. Things were looking grim until Lord Mordekaiser took things into his own hands . With baron buff I got up to 800 freaking AP my ults were gibbing people. The enemy nocturne then accused me of being a scrub with the #1 most overpowered character in the game. What is this feeling? I think I feel ...happy. Also I had a cool freaking team this time they worked together and listened to me call ambushes. Until the end when grave decided to farm 50 minutes in where we wiped and almost lost the game. But all is well that ends well.