As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[STEAM] DONE! Go post in the younger, sexier thread.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I wish I'd bought extra copies of Renegade Ops during the $3 sale just to give them away, because this game rules and everyone should have a copy.

Everyone with a controller who likes explosions, that is.
    I could have bought and gifted multiples from Amazon? I thought that since Amazon keeps track of a game library that it would restrict me to one copy of any given game. :(
    Pluff wrote:
    Is there a way to pick a color other than red in single player Jamestown?

Also, are the ships supposed to be equally good? Because it seems like Beam is just generally better than the others, and Bomber is straight-up terrible compared to any of the other three.

Bomber sux. People like the others equaly.
    It's up to you.
    If you like the charge ship (and you should because it is awesome) then you should try the gunpowder ship because it is much the same except you have three charges.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    How do you make the steamgift sigs? I can't figure it out on the site.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    ok, so how is renegade ops?

Im thinking of getting it, but then noticed you have to have the DLC to get the achievement... and the DLC is not on sale.

I've been reading mixed reports that the DLC is coming with the game in gifted form (as in if you buy the 4-pack), but you dont get it in the copy for yourself for some reason.

Well, in my inventory the gift copies I have say they include the DLC.

Incidentally, I'm giving them away here:

signature.png

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    anoffday wrote:

Go to the giveaway's page. Above the comments should be buttons for Comments, Entries, and Signature. Click signature and it'll give you the BBCode.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    RobotSpammerRobotSpammer Registered User regular
    Inzigna wrote:
    I got the AYIM achievement, and was given coal.
    I am seriously considering gifting you my Anomaly gift just for that.

ALL my achievements have resulted in nothing but coal.
    The first gift I got in this giveaway was a 50% off coupon, now it has been coal all the way. I'm firmly entrenched in the idea that this claim of being able to receive a game from this giveaway is a lie. A pants on fire lie!
    Also, who wants to trade a coupon for a coupon for another piece of coal chance to win a game/coupon/coal.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Handgimp wrote:
    anoffday wrote:

Go to the giveaway's page. Above the comments should be buttons for Comments, Entries, and Signature. Click signature and it'll give you the BBCode.
    Ah see it. Thanks.

Merry Christmas! I wanted to send you guys some egg nog through the internet, but that's not possible so the next best thing would be diggle nog. This game is awesome and I want you guys to experience it!

signature.png

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    jclast wrote:
    I wish I'd bought extra copies of Renegade Ops during the $3 sale just to give them away, because this game rules and everyone should have a copy.

Everyone with a controller who likes explosions, that is.
    I could have bought and gifted multiples from Amazon? I thought that since Amazon keeps track of a game library that it would restrict me to one copy of any given game. :(

Hmm, interesting. Perhaps it would be possible to do it the old-fashioned way and send the additional copies to dummy accounts or e-mail addresses, rather like we used to have to do on Steam when we wanted to stockpile copies before the inventory system was implemented?

• Options
    Doctor DeimosDoctor Deimos Registered User regular
    signature.png

I'm also going to be giving out Silent Hill: Homecoming soon, because I don't really want it.

• Options
    AlwaysNewDepthsAlwaysNewDepths Registered User regular
    Anyone want a 25% off coupon for a codemasters game for free?

Also can I get an invite into the steam group?

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    My first achievement netted me Orcs Must Die. Which is friggin awesome why didn't anyone tell me. Now I'm totally eying the dlc.

Then my next 7 achievements got me coal and a coupon for Trainz Simulator 12.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    I want to see the winning Haiku!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DeMoN wrote:
    My first achievement netted me Orcs Must Die. Which is friggin awesome why didn't anyone tell me. Now I'm totally eying the dlc.

You've had the best luck I've read about so far. Seriously. Getting Orcs Must Die for free and only 1 coupon. It's a Christmas miracle.

• Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Oh, Steam Thread. I have neglected you so, so much today. Admittedly, in favor of the PA Chatroom, but still. There's no way I'm gonna catch up at this point, but I need more people to enter my AudioSurf contest. It's an awesome game, really:
    signature.png

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MagicmanbrutusMagicmanbrutus Registered User regular
    Inzigna wrote:
    I got the AYIM achievement, and was given coal.
    I am seriously considering gifting you my Anomaly gift just for that.

ALL my achievements have resulted in nothing but coal.
    The first gift I got in this giveaway was a 50% off coupon, now it has been coal all the way. I'm firmly entrenched in the idea that this claim of being able to receive a game from this giveaway is a lie. A pants on fire lie!
    Also, who wants to trade a coupon for a coupon for another piece of coal chance to win a game/coupon/coal.

the very first gift that I got from this event was Counter Strike: Source... Maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones? of course it's been coal ever since, sooo...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RemyLebeau_88RemyLebeau_88 Registered User regular
    So I know it's rather useless seeing as just about everyone will have it already, but is there anyone that wants a key for the third Humble Indie Bundle? Crayon Physics, Cogs, VVVVVV, Hammerfight, And Yet It Moves are included.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Ooooh maybe I can trade this Napoleon for Recettear. Seem to be equal price. Anyone know how long it takes to verify your steam trading forum account? Cause apparently its done manually by admins? that seems silly.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    The trading forum should be the same as your regular Steam forum account. DIdn't have to get approved if I recall.

• Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    Still sitting on a 50% off coupon for VVVVVV if anyone hasn't grabbed that one yet. Also got some Valve coupon that nobody's ever going to use. Other than that it's been all coal, all the time. :P

Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    MagicmanbrutusMagicmanbrutus Registered User regular
    DaringDirk wrote:
    Oh, Steam Thread. I have neglected you so, so much today. Admittedly, in favor of the PA Chatroom, but still. There's no way I'm gonna catch up at this point, but I need more people to enter my AudioSurf contest. It's an awesome game, really:
    signature.png

I would enter, but it won't let me make an account on the steamgifts website until I have more games of retail value on my account... that and I'm too new to this forum to be invited to the group.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I sure wish I was at home right now, instead of work. After playing Renegade Ops for the first time while trying to get the achievement, I'm now kind of really itching to play more of it. That game is stupid fun.

Also people tonight at work are trying their hardest to get on my nerves. All these violent video games are making me want to give the gift of murder.

Man that actually sounds like some kind of cool contest idea... hmm...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I think i'd rather have coal to increase my chances at the final day prizes rather than more coupons neither I or anyone I might give it to would ever use.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    I sure wish I was at home right now, instead of work. After playing Renegade Ops for the first time while trying to get the achievement, I'm now kind of really itching to play more of it. That game is stupid fun.

Also people tonight at work are trying their hardest to get on my nerves. All these violent video games are making me want to give the gift of murder.

Man that actually sounds like some kind of cool contest idea... hmm...

Renegade Ops is so good. Even better if you have someone to play with. Oh Look.. I have renegade ops..

Also WOO I WON A CONTEST ON STEAMGIFTS. @hatedinamerica was a classy gent and put E.Y.E up for steamgifts and somehow I actually won. :D I've entered 102480128401284 contests on there and its only the 2nd I've ever won. Super thanks to him.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    @JMan711 just gifted me The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom!

He is filled with as much class as he is with eggnog!

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    contest time: For a chance to win Borderlands GotY edition, just PM me before 1AM US eastern time (that's a little over 4 hours from now.)
    For a bonus entry into the drawing, include a piece of my little pony fanart in your submission. I guess you could link something from deviantart, but wouldn't drawing something yourself be more rewarding
    ?
    no one entered my contest
    31445%20-%20sad%20twilight_sparkle.jpg
    I was gonna bump it half way through but then I was watching Die Hard and forgot :P
    I guess I'll try again tomorrow with a new (20% cooler?) prize...

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Merry Steamsmas, Steam thread!

Still up at my in-laws' place until tomorrow afternoon, and then my family's coming over for a while right after we get back home, but checking in on this thread has been bringing plenty of supplemental holiday cheer :-) May tomorrow bring at least 1 daily deal of choice for everyone - Santa may have been nuked a million times over by now but the Newell lives on!

• Options
    BornToHulaBornToHula Registered User regular
    Kalia is indeed a classy classy man. His surprise gift of Dungeon Defenders definitely caught me off guard.

steam_sig.png

Origin is the exact same as my Steam, in case you're needing a Support or Assault in BF3.
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    contest time: For a chance to win Borderlands GotY edition, just PM me before 1AM US eastern time (that's a little over 4 hours from now.)
    For a bonus entry into the drawing, include a piece of my little pony fanart in your submission. I guess you could link something from deviantart, but wouldn't drawing something yourself be more rewarding
    ?
    I was gonna bump it half way through but then I was watching Die Hard and forgot :P

Trying to give away Borderlands in this thread is like giving away Cthulu Saves the World. Been bought and gifted so much everyone trips over copies these days.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    LordNibblerLordNibbler Registered User regular
    Congrats to the winners of my giveaway! Merry Xmas!

Amnesia: Dyvim
    Toki Tori: Sheeeeeeep
    Defense Grid: lugnutusa

Twitter
    PSN: JPBrowncoat Xbox: BamSaidTheLaday Also on Steam! Streaming games!
  • Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    ?

I would've entered, if I'd had any artistic talent.

I guess I could've just cobbled something together in MS Paint, but...

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    So, Rise of the Immortals was actually fun!

Granted, it was my first time playing a MOBA. Apparently people don't like this one, though?

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    Congrats to the winners of my giveaway! Merry Xmas!

Amnesia: Dyvim
    Toki Tori: Sheeeeeeep
    Defense Grid: lugnutusa

Defense Grid, nice! Many thanks, kind sir!

• Options
    EmpiricalEmpirical USARegistered User regular
    Empirical wrote:
    signature.png

Have at it gentlemen.

Goes to LordNibbler/BamSaidTheLady

Merry Christmas everyone.

Poop nuggets.
  • Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    citizen059 wrote:
    ?

I would've entered, if I'd had any artistic talent.

I guess I could've just cobbled something together in MS Paint, but...

I would enter, but..I own it. And everyone else I know owns it. Even my wife owns it and she hates FPS's.
    But, if it'll help, I can enter...for...freedom? Or something?

It's a great prize and a great game mate! Remove the sad pony!

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    DeMoN wrote:

Did someone say Trainz Sumulator 12?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rulElJITIVY

edit: yeah I know I posted it earlier, but figured it was worth a single repost

SteevL on
  • Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    Goodnight and Merry Christmas steam thread!

Hopefully I'll be able to pop in tomorrow between my family's traditional viewings of Die Hard and The Hogfather!

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Hahaha omg that video

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    slappybagslappybag Local Badass Minnesota, USARegistered User regular

I pm'd you with my entry!
    http://i.imgur.com/xmTCT.png

For the public to see.

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    I want to give a big shoutout to @JMan711 for his generous gift of Braid! Thanks!

I've been wanting to play this since it was first released.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote:
    The trading forum should be the same as your regular Steam forum account. DIdn't have to get approved if I recall.
    If that's true, it's broken. it made me make a new account. Still waiting on the verification email thing. Lets me log in to the created account (steam account info doesn't work) but I can't make a thread.

This discussion has been closed.