As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Book of the New [chat]

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Interestingly enough, I just got done re-watching the "Sugar: The Bitter Truth" presentation by a researcher at UCSF. I need the reminder from time-to-time.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I like you Daxon.

I like to believe that the universe has conspired to give you all the bad opinions so that millions of other people can have good opinions and we can maintain the cosmic balance.

• Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote:
    Deebaser wrote:
    Winky wrote:
    I think that the average chatter is actually pretty funny/clever and could make an audience full of dumb people laugh.

I've done it a few times, and there is nothing like the feeling you get when you deliver the joke that you jotted down in your notebook and practiced in front of the mirror and told to several of your friends (who yucked it the fuck up) and are met with uncomfortable silence.

Even worse is when the only people laughing is the table of your friends in the back who are forcing it so you don't open your wrists on the port-o-stage. Everyone knows they came with you.

You've scared me off of it forever.

That's why I like doing jokes in mediums where you can't hear them not laugh.

In [chat], no one can hear you meh.

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:
    I was thinking today after Googling something and Wikipedia was the first result. Remember when Wikipedia didn't exist? You had to Google stuff and go to some website you never heard of, maybe find an edu address. You had to hunt this shit down! Now Wikipedia has everything with references to the sites you used to have to find yourself!

Or you could use one of those shitty encyclopedias that came with your computer, like Encarta.

Encyclopedia on cd!

Or you could pay for the online version of britannica!

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    One of the guys on the top of the Wikipedia has these sunglasses on and I thought he looked silly so I made fun of him in my head but it turns out he's blind so I felt like a piece of shit.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    A few years ago I discovered that one of my students, a 14 year old boy, was a major contributor to this lovely Wikipedia article.

• Options
    Argh, fucking post eating forums.

• Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote:
    Deebaser wrote:
    Winky wrote:
    I think that the average chatter is actually pretty funny/clever and could make an audience full of dumb people laugh.

I've done it a few times, and there is nothing like the feeling you get when you deliver the joke that you jotted down in your notebook and practiced in front of the mirror and told to several of your friends (who yucked it the fuck up) and are met with uncomfortable silence.

Even worse is when the only people laughing is the table of your friends in the back who are forcing it so you don't open your wrists on the port-o-stage. Everyone knows they came with you.

In [chat], no one can hear you meh.

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Winky wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    simonwolf wrote:
    Winky wrote:
    As an aside, you have been doing too many nerdy things lately when someone mentions "grabbing their mail" and you imagine that they are going to go don their armor.

You'll have to talk to Inqi if you want some of that ren-faire action

*ahem* you don't wear armor when you fence, you ignoramus.

Not even mail?

Rapiers were a weapon of civilian defense and were worn about the town.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote:
    Deebaser wrote:
    Winky wrote:

Oh it's terrifying as shit, but I am sorry if I scared you off of it.
    It's definitely fun times and worth checking off your bucket list.

• Options
    I remember Encarta. I loved it because I was a kid. I would probably not like it much today.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    I feel like I stepped into a time machine

Cass: are you ok?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Winky wrote:
    Deebaser wrote:
    Winky wrote:

I actually think it's kind of annoying how you can't hear people laugh online. You never really know if you're being hilarious or just a prat.

• Options
    Winky wrote:
    Deebaser wrote:
    Winky wrote:

I actually think it's kind of annoying how you can't hear people laugh online. You never really know if you're being hilarious or just a prat.

I assume I am being a prat but people talk to me so what the fuck.

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Daxon wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    Daxon caramel is delicious.

That is it.

It really isn't.

It is at best bearable.

Daxon, I've said this before.

You're cute

But you're wrong.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I would just like to give a shout-out to poshniallo, who was super fantastic and managed to not only translate, but give advice for my essay summary that I am submitting as part of my masters application

also for not making fun of my for my superfluous academic writing and weeaboo-like research interests

• Options
    Anyway, I was saying that I like Daxon because I believe that the universe has conspired to give him so many bad opinions so that millions of other people can have good opinions while still maintaining the cosmic balance.

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Coincidentally, I just re-watched "Sugar: The Bitter Truth" today on a lark.

• Options
    Sarksus wrote:
    Winky wrote:
    Deebaser wrote:
    Winky wrote:

I assume I am being a prat but people talk to me so what the fuck.

Sometimes the point of the internet is to be a prat.

• Options
    simonwolf wrote:
    I would just like to give a shout-out to poshniallo, who was super fantastic and managed to not only translate, but give advice for my essay summary that I am submitting as part of my masters application

also for not making fun of my for my superfluous academic writing and weeaboo-like research interests

Simonwolf's Research Interests:
    Moe
    Desu
    Panty shots

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Robos, that's why I make it a point to tell someone if their post made me actually laugh out loud in real life. This is distinctly different from posts that make me LOL IRL

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    I have an odd sense of humor and no one is ever sure when I'm joking in real life, let alone on the internet where you don't get any vocal or body language cues.

• Options
    Sarksus wrote:
    I remember Encarta. I loved it because I was a kid. I would probably not like it much today.

I loaded it up once, but all I did was listen to the Grandmaster Flash song that was embedded in the article about rap.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Caramel is delicious but not delicious enough to justify how unhealthy it is, personally.

• Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    Winky wrote:
    Anyway, I was saying that I like Daxon because I believe that the universe has conspired to give him so many bad opinions so that millions of other people can have good opinions while still maintaining the cosmic balance.

What if I have so many of these alleged bad opinions that I have become an epicentre of power and the universe is slowly remolding to fit the world I believe to be good and correct?

What now, Winky?

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote:
    simonwolf wrote:

Simonwolf's Research Interests:
    Moe
    Desu
    Panty shots

yes perfect

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Caramel is delicious but not delicious enough to justify how unhealthy it is, personally.

Inquisitor you are a seed of evil.

• Options
    Mim wrote:
    Daxon wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:

That is it.

It really isn't.

It is at best bearable.

You're cute

But you're wrong.

That is Schwartzenegger-caliber badguy killing dialogue.

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
  • Options
    Daxon wrote:
    Winky wrote:

What if I have so many of these alleged bad opinions that I have become an epicentre of power and the universe is slowly remolding to fit the world I believe to be good and correct?

What now, Winky?

Maybe you'll reach critical mass and collapse in on yourself, sucking all the bad opinions into a bad opinion black hole from which they'll never escape?

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
  • Options
    Mim wrote:
    Daxon wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:

That is it.

It really isn't.

It is at best bearable.

You're cute

But you're wrong.

Remember when I said I'd kill you last?

I lied.

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Inquisitor is delicious but not delicious enough to justify how unhealthy he is, personally.

• Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    Caramel is a thing that exists

LET ME SPEAK

CARAMEL IS A THING THAT EXISTS

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    woohoo, third place out of a whole bunch of people playing starcraft in a G&T tourney

barely lost the semi final :( and it's to someone who's ranked higher than any of us so it was nice.

but my last series was lots of fun, it's such a fun thing to go through no matter how you do but I'm quite pleased with my placement. the two in the finals were the ones I expected to place higher than myself and so it is.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Variable how are you a Starcraft God.

• Options
    Mim wrote:
    Daxon wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:

That is it.

It really isn't.

It is at best bearable.

You're cute

But you're wrong.

Remember when I said I'd kill you last?

I lied.

Daxon, I've said it befoah. Youah cute.

...but youah rong.

*bang*

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
  • Options
    Sarksus wrote:
    Variable how are you a Starcraft God.

Uber micro

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Daxon is the real life jar jar

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    Daxon is history's greatest monster

• Options
    Kagera wrote:
    Daxon is the real life jar jar

Daxon is representative of everything wrong with the prequel trilogy?

This discussion has been closed.